[ROM] BeyondROM V1.5 [1/11/2020] [BTJ3] [Oct Patch] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

Dj-Clubber-UK

Jun 4, 2020
Same

Is this a custom ROM? I have the twrp installed and magisk. Which rom or how am I able to still get ota or updates even though im rooted or is this not possible?

I had a root but just changed to the twrp. I used the latestest firmware from sammobile and let it update before I installed twrp and magisk.

Really appreciated any advice. . .

Thanks

PrivacyOSx

Nov 6, 2020
Is this ROM based on AOSP? Also, is this a good ROM to degoogle your phone like LineageOS? I've never heard of this ROM before & I really want to flash my gf's S20.

Mucky2

Jan 7, 2013
Screenshot-20201106-165434.jpg

How can I fix the SafetyNet Status? Magisk Hide doesn't work.

whitehollow

Oct 14, 2010
Milano
Am I the only one who cant find BTI6 ? The closest i see is BTIB . I have a s20 g981b (italian)
if i search on sammobile i find
2020-10-26
G981BXXU5BTJ3
G981BOXM5BTJ3

2020-10-04
G981BXXS5BTIJ
G981BOXM5BTIJ

2020-09-27
G981BXXU4BTIB
G981BOXM4BTID

2020-09-17
G981BXXS4BTHH

Mucky2

Jan 7, 2013
Bro, what's your FW? You don't have to flash the latest version. I just unlocked my bootlader, patched encryption, installed twrp and then directly the Rom.zip afterwards (STOCK FW)

revorr

Nov 10, 2010
Have recently purchased S20 plus... Just needed to know if we can be able download paid themes from theme store from this rom...
Would really appreciate any help or suggestions..
My apologies if my noob query is in any way wrong/offending to any rules.
Thank you.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
ok, I have searched all day multiple threads and keep running into flash vmbeta.img with twrp, Where do I get this image? am I supposed to create it? the only links I see are 404 links.

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
Have recently purchased S20 plus... Just needed to know if we can be able download paid themes from theme store from this rom...
Would really appreciate any help or suggestions..
My apologies if my noob query is in any way wrong/offending to any rules.
Thank you.
You can download paid themes only if you pay them. Most of paid themes have also trial if you want to see how they look.

revorr

Nov 10, 2010
You can download paid themes only if you pay them. Most of paid themes have also trial if you want to see how they look.
It was possible in some recent previous models where we can download unlimited trial for the themes..
was wondering if there was any possibility here as well...

khaclub

Aug 3, 2012
I flashed this ROM, and it's working flawlessly. Great job. One important thing would be Magisk manager, which would be root-detected by some banking applications. You can find the fix online by updating ctsProfile and forcing the evalType to BASIC, and everything would be fine.

LENO7

Jan 7, 2016
İzmir
Hi. Does my device support BeyondRom 1.5?
Bootloader Version
G988BXXS5BTJ4
PDA Version
G988BXXS5BTJ4
CSC Version
G988BOXM5BTJ3
Baseband Version
G988BXXU5BTJ1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FONT=&quot]BeyondRom V1.5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Based on G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 firmware[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base Android 10 G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 odex/deodex Oct 2020 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Dual SIM + SD card mod, screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Patched bluetooth lib for BT pairing</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot], custom boot animation[/FONT]</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>

Not working
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>All knox related apps: Secure folder, Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Changelog v1.5[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]<*>Updated to Oct 2020 patch level </*>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Added support for S20 5G (G981B) </*>[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Fixed AppLock </*>[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Credits[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- John Wu for Magisk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Oleg for libbluetooth fix[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- SuperR for the kitchen[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds and Ashley)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Download Links[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G980F Link[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G981B Link[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]G985F Link[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]G986B Link[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]G98BB Link[/FONT]
    [/FONT]TWRP for S20

[FONT=&quot]Installation procedure[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

A. Coming from stock FW

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.4 ROM zip into your external storage if you're encrypted[/FONT]

2) Download BTI6 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode and load up Odin on PC
    Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC
    **do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a12_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the patched vbmeta.img to a .tar using 7zip.

6) Add the above TWRP .tar file containing the patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes, hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR1.4 zip and then reboot to system

10) Enjoy....

B. Coming from BR 1.4

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.5 ROM zip into your internal/external storage[/FONT]
    2) Make sure you are on latest Ian TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a18_ianmacd.img)
    3) Boot in TWRP and flash BR1.5. Dirty flash from BR1.4 should be ok.

- [FONT=&quot]BR v1.5 will not boot on older firmware than BTH5 so make sure you follow the above guides (A or B depending your case)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- If you do a clean flash make sure you install canary magisk manager after flashing BR v1.5
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- If your internal storage is encrypted, wipe your data in TWRP before flashing the BeyondROM -- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Beware that your ENTIRE internal SD will be wiped.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advises[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]S20 series Root and FW upgrade[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BeyondROM Telegram chat[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]TWRP for S20 Telegram chat[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] PayPal link

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Happy flashing good people! :)
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Same as others, I was successful installing the ROM in the following way:

Enter Recovery
    Format Data partition to clear encryption
    Select the ROM from external SDcard
    It finished install, and just by a few seconds it rebooted again into Recovery. From here I reboot the system, and it started just fine.

A few things I had to do after ROM install:

* Magisk Hide was not enabled, so CTS (SafetyNet) didn't pass and I couldn't install Netflix . Enabled Magisk Hide, and changed the package for Magisk + reboot seemed to solve all CTS problems. Now I could install Netflix and others just fine.
    * Netflix streaming still didn't work, so for this I installed the magisk module: `liboemcrypto disabler` . All good now.

I installed termux, and used it to disable a few packages I really didn't want (my own debloating). You can run the commands here from either Termux (but remember to run them as root), or ADB: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/how-to/galaxy-s10-s10-debloat-bloatware-t3912073

Props to starbucks20 for taking initiative to create this ROM. ✌
    Besides the recovery reboot bug fix there are some changes that required the flashing script adaptation. All roms have been tested with the new test lineage recovery and is ok. Once Jesse will publish it on xda I will update also this thread.
    In the mean time, you can download the stock ATFG fw bc you'll need it.
    I have s20 (g980F) rom installed on it with magisk canary and edxposed. It works very well. Ing belgium (bank) application also works
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone