Hi if I want to install the original android 12 firmware for my phone using odin. Can I root my phone and what would the steps be which twrp to use. Thank you
phone n986bxxs3dukb n986boxm3duh5 n986bxxs3dukb
You need to flash the stock FW in Odin and use the TWRP supplied in the first post in the user data slot in Odin.
After flashing the FW you need to boot directly to TWRP and wipe data "yes", flash multidisabler and the flash the latest canary magisk zip file.
Whenever I listen to music or YouTube or anything besides games the audio quality is fantastic but as soon as you launch a game the sound is distorted and sounds flat and tinny. Tried turning off Dolby Atmos for games but the sound is still terrible. My old p30 pro had the same quality audio...
- John Wu for Magisk
- Superr for kitchen
- Ian Mcdonald
- anan1211 for watchdog fix
- aliwaris for incallui mods
- dutchman89 for the new boot animation
- Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
- All people who helped me with ROM and testing (especially to @starbucks2010@ZonalRipper and @aaatso)
IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 12 FVG1 FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 1.8 !!!
0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc
1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted
2) Download latest FVG1 stock FW for your phone model and unpack it on your PC
3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin
5) Download Android 12 compatible TWRP (twrp_FVEA_vbmeta.tar) from above link.
6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin
7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing
8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialise and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 1.x
9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 1.x zip and then reboot to system
10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
*after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk
1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick
4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)