Development [ROM] BeyondROM v4.3 [21/03/2024]-[DXBD]-[EXYNOS]-[SM-S908B-S906B-S901B]

Search This thread

tschertel

Jan 30, 2011
Mannheim
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi @starbucks2010

I'm not asking for any ROM update or anything. I'd just like to ask if this ROM is still in development.
There are one or two more ROMs for our S22 Ultra, and their threads have updates, while here we don't have much action.
Like I said, this is a humble question, just to make sure we gonna have updates when they are required/available.

Thanks.

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
Thx a lot for your hard work,

Jumped to custom rom because having an issue with battery (Drain in LTE) since day 1 and neither factor reseting nor reflashing stock firmware did anything. Barely have 3h SOT without using much the device. I hope a debloated rom will fix my issue or my neighborhood will see a flying S22U somedays.

Cheers

Edit : 15.11 : 1st real cycle .. 50% Left and +3Hrs SOT. Still having this strange drain in LTE but Literally doubled SOT with half LTE half Wifi during the day and even if the battery isn't settled yet.
Triying to install BetterBatteryStats to figure what is draining in LTE.

Last edited:

Skyllery

Mar 22, 2013
St-Denis Reunion
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3
probably bad coverage ... LTE signal of 1-2 bars drains quite fast the battery
I live on an island with lots of mountains in middle. But on the coast the coverage isn't that bad. Mostly full bars and LTE+ connected. I switched to LTE preferred to avoid 5g search as it's not yet available on my carrier.

But it's way better on your rom. Idle 1.6% / h screen off and around 8%/h screen on wifi 12%/h on LTE.
Will let the battery settle and see in some days. At least with root i can log everything and see wakelocks.

Regards

Reactions: starbucks2010

tschertel

Jan 30, 2011
Mannheim
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I live on an island with lots of mountains in middle. But on the coast the coverage isn't that bad. Mostly full bars and LTE+ connected. I switched to LTE preferred to avoid 5g search as it's not yet available on my carrier.

But it's way better on your rom. Idle 1.6% / h screen off and around 8%/h screen on wifi 12%/h on LTE.
Will let the battery settle and see in some days. At least with root i can log everything and see wakelocks.

Regards
I just switched off the 5G because it's not available everywhere here (Germany), so the phone keeps searching and uses more battery.
Now I have much longer battery life.

Reactions: Skyllery

MuyKurioso

Mar 17, 2015
Hi, thanks for all of your hard work. Do you happen to know if this will work on a SM-S906E/DS?

Have a good day.

BrimoFan123

Mar 22, 2015
Gdynia
I'm currently on stock ROM Android 12 AVI3 Kernel 5.10.66-afaneh92. I'm rooted, TWRP 3.6.2_12-4 and Magisk 25.2 with bunch of modules.
I need your help for moving from current stock ROM to BeyondROM Android 13 BVKB.
What steps should I take?
Should I first move back completely to stock Android 13?
I'm thinking about this process:
1. Make inventory of installed Magisk modules, make backup of my files to USB OTG
2. Patch AP_BVKB file in Magisk, transfer patched file to PC, extract vbmeta.img
3. Extract recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
4. Create new twrp-vbmeta.tar file which contain vbmeta.img from patched AP_BVKB file and recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
5. Remove fingerprints and lockscreen's PIN
6. Uninstall all Magisk modules. Once all modules are uninstalled followed by reboots perform final reboot to download mode
7. Using Odin flash all stock files in slots: AP->AP, BL->BL, CP->CP, CSC->CSC (Which Odin to use? Original one 3.13.1 or 3.14.4?)
8. In stock recovery format data, start Android 13 but configure nothing
9. Reboot to download mode
10. In Odin's options unselect Auto Reboot and flash twrp-vbmeta.tar in slot USERDATA
11. When flashing is completed keep USB cable plugged in, hold Volume Down and Power and as soon as the screen goes black press and hold Volume Up and Power in order to boot directly into TWRP. If this step is unsuccessfull then repeat steps 8 and 9
12. In TWRP full wipe (wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes" when asked and confirm)
13. Reboot phone back to TWRP (Reboot -> Recovery)
14. Flash BeyondROM (in TWRP -> Install. If using OTG "select storage", select "USB OTG" select BeyondROM zip on the USB device, wipe to confirm, follow on screen options, when flash is complete "save logs" (in case you have any flashing issues) click finish, reboot to System
15. Configure system, download and install Magisk Canary (?) (why not the official 25.2 or Magisk Delta?) and install Magisk's modules
16. Install Swift Backup and restore applications from backups stored on Google Drive (or install applications from Google Play Store and restore from Swift Backup only application's data? I saw somewhere that for upgrading from Android 12 to Android 13 it is better to not restore applications and data but install applications from Play Store and then restore from backup data only - can someone deny or confirm?)

Are these steps 1-16 correct?

I'm currently on stock ROM Android 12 AVI3 Kernel 5.10.66-afaneh92. I'm rooted, TWRP 3.6.2_12-4 and Magisk 25.2 with bunch of modules.
I need your help for moving from current stock ROM to BeyondROM Android 13 BVKB.
What steps should I take?
Should I first move back completely to stock Android 13?
I'm thinking about this process:
1. Make inventory of installed Magisk modules, make backup of my files to USB OTG
2. Patch AP_BVKB file in Magisk, transfer patched file to PC, extract vbmeta.img
3. Extract recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
4. Create new twrp-vbmeta.tar file which contain vbmeta.img from patched AP_BVKB file and recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
5. Remove fingerprints and lockscreen's PIN
6. Uninstall all Magisk modules. Once all modules are uninstalled followed by reboots perform final reboot to download mode
7. Using Odin flash all stock files in slots: AP->AP, BL->BL, CP->CP, CSC->CSC (Which Odin to use? Original one 3.13.1 or 3.14.4?)
8. In stock recovery format data, start Android 13 but configure nothing
9. Reboot to download mode
10. In Odin's options unselect Auto Reboot and flash twrp-vbmeta.tar in slot USERDATA
11. When flashing is completed keep USB cable plugged in, hold Volume Down and Power and as soon as the screen goes black press and hold Volume Up and Power in order to boot directly into TWRP. If this step is unsuccessfull then repeat steps 8 and 9
12. In TWRP full wipe (wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes" when asked and confirm)
13. Reboot phone back to TWRP (Reboot -> Recovery)
14. Flash BeyondROM (in TWRP -> Install. If using OTG "select storage", select "USB OTG" select BeyondROM zip on the USB device, wipe to confirm, follow on screen options, when flash is complete "save logs" (in case you have any flashing issues) click finish, reboot to System
15. Configure system, download and install Magisk Canary (?) (why not the official 25.2 or Magisk Delta?) and install Magisk's modules
16. Install Swift Backup and restore applications from backups stored on Google Drive (or install applications from Google Play Store and restore from Swift Backup only application's data? I saw somewhere that for upgrading from Android 12 to Android 13 it is better to not restore applications and data but install applications from Play Store and then restore from backup data only - can someone deny or confirm?)

Are these steps 1-16 correct?
1.Yes
2,3,4. In twrp theard by afaneh You have 2 tar files (one vbmeta, second twrp) and You canon do one
5,6. Skip
7. Use Odin 4.14.1_3B_PatcheD (https://xdaforums.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/). Use AP-AP, BL-BL,CP-CP,CSC-HOME_CSC (only if You use earlier multidisabler) and in USERDATA file which You do in 2,3,4 steps. Don't forget about unselect Auto Reboot.
8a. If You used multidisabler earlier while installing twrp then You can use HOME_CSC to don' lose data. After odin success don't unplug USB and boot to twrp ( for clean flash you must do factory reset-recomended before flash BR. For dirty just flash BR)
8b. If You don't used multidisabler earlier You must after boot to TWRP:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.
- Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
- Reboot to recovery.
-Flash BR
15. For Samsung devices canary magisk is recomended but other versions should work too (Delta is fork which lets you use magisk option )
16. Restoring backups or installing belong to you.

I see You are from Poland, You can send me pm when you will questions or need help

Reactions: starbucks2010

BrimoFan123

Mar 22, 2015
Gdynia
Then I'm confused.
There is vbmeta.img in patched by Magisk AP
There is vbmeta.img in vbmeta_disabled_R.tar (TWRP thread)
Which vbmeta.img should I use and combine with recovery.img taken from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar into twrp-vbmeta.tar and put that twrp-vbmeta.tar into USERDATA Odin's slot?

Is it correct:
Patched by Magisk AP into AP slot
BL into BL slot
CP into CP slot
CSC into CSC slot
twrp-vbmeta.tar (which contain: recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar + vbmeta.img from vbmeta_disabled_R.tar) into USERDATA slot
?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_beyond-xda.png

Latest Version v4.3 [21/03/2024]

ROM Maintainer: Andrei @starbucks2010

ROM Info:

Supported devices:
    [SM-S908B] [SM-S906B] [S901B]

ROM Base: S90xBXXS7DXBD (Android 14 OneUI 6) March 2024 Patch Level

ROM Features:

Kernel:
    • Stock Samsung kernel
    • RW partitions : system, system_ext, vendor, product

CSC features:
    • Call Recording
    • Real time network speed in statusbar
    • AppLock Enabled

ROM Disarm:
    • Light ROM debloat
    • Disabled Encryption
    • Patched Samsung SmartWatch pairing
    • Disabled stock recovery-from-boot

Modded Settings/Services
    • Screenshots in secure apps allowed
    • Phone status: Official
    • Software Info ROM Details
    • Back2Kill mod

Fixes:
    • Galaxy watch pairing
    • Secure Folder

Other Tweaks/Mods:
    • BR custom boot animation
    • Various build prop tweaks
    • Pre-rooted with Magisk Canary
    • Netflix playback (SD only)

ROM constraints:

• Needs to install latest Magisk canary v26 app in twrp after ROM flash
    • For SafetyNet and Google Wallet use specific magisk modules
    • The patched boot warning is not included into the rom zip (will be shared later into a separate zip)

Not working
    • Knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill

Changelog

v4.3

- Updated to latest A14 firmware [DXBD] OneUI6 March 2024
    - Full Odin flashable ROM (latest TWRP + patched vbmeta included in ROM zip)
    - Kernel patched with magisk canary 27001
    - Automatic login with 4 digits code without tapping ok

#######################################
    PREVIOUS VERSION
    #######################################

v4.2
    - Updated to latest A14 firmware [DWL3] OneUI6 Jan 2024
    - Full Odin flashable ROM (latest TWRP + patched vbmeta included in ROM zip)
    - Kernel patched with magisk canary 26404

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Mr. Waehere for the kitchen and support
    - afaneh92 for TWRP
    - LeeXDA18 for help with knox/VK removal
    - the elite team of ROM testers
    - dutchman89 for Beyond boot logo
    - If you like my work and want to support me, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Download Links

CURRENT VERSION
    ###############################
    SM-S908B ROM Download DXBD [BR4.3]
    SM-S906B ROM Download DXBD [BR4.3]
    SM-S901B ROM Download DXBD [BR4.3]

OTHER FIXES
    -

USEFUL LINKS
    BeyondROM S22 Group [Telegram]
    S22 TWRP [XDA]
    S22+ TWRP [XDA]
    S22U TWRP [XDA]
    If you like my work, support me and buy me a coffee (PayPal link)

Installation:

**Note: These steps will trip Knox and possibly void warranty on your phone**
    **Note: Following these steps you will lose data on your phone, so back-up before continuing**

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER:

• Enable Developer Options: Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Keep clicking 'Build Number'
    • Enable OEM Unlock: Settings > Developer Options > Click 'OEM Unlock' to enable it
    • Turn of phone
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down, plug in USB cable (PC to Phone)
    • You’re now in download mode (Blue Screen)
    • Press and hold Volume up (bootloader unlock screen)
    • Pres Volume up to confirm
    • **Warning** This will now wipe your phone and restart and couple of times but this is normal
    • When the phone boots, connect it to internet, skip the initial setup, you don't need to sign in to anything
    • Unlock should be enabled now and greyed out
    • Congrats you've unlocked your bootloader !

FLASH TWRP + PATCHED VBMETA (OPTIONAL)

• OEM Unlock should be enabled now and greyed out
    • Download TWRP and patched vbmeta for your device from above links
    • Boot phone into download mode (from power off Volume Up + Volume Down and plugin USB cable)
    • Press Volume up to continue
    • Load up ODIN
    • Go to options and turn off auto reboot
    • Select USERDATA slot and select the TWRP+Patched VBMETA file tar you built (Device Specific)
    • Click Start and wait for Odin to complete with a PASS message
    • Now Keep USB cable plugged in, hold Volume Down and Power and as soon as the screen goes black press and hold Volume Up and Power
    • You should now be in TWRP

IN TWRP (IF COMING FROM A FULL STOCK ROM)
    • Do a full wipe (wipe > Format Data > type 'yes' when asked and confirm)
    • Reboot phone back to recovery (Reboot > Recovery)

FLASH ROM:

• Boot the phone in Download mode and connect it to PC
    • Start Odin on PC and select the 4 .tar files (AP, BL, CP and HOME_CSC) from the downloaded ROM zip file
    • Start the flashing
    • Once the flashing completes, reboot in TWRP and flash your desired magisk app
    • Reboot the phone

Enjoy flashing good people ! :)
    BR36 has been updated to the latest CWI1 fw October 2023 patch level.

Happy flashing good people! :)
    BR40 has been updated to the latest DWK4 A14 OneUI6 fw Nov 2023 patch level.

BR34 has been updated to the latest CWF6 fw July 2023 security level.

The flashing method changed to full Odin. Read the first post carefully regarding the flashing and constraints!

BR32 has been updated to the latest CWCG FW Apr 2023 patch level.

The ROM has been updated only for S901B and S908B due to lack of S906B testers.