I'm currently on stock ROM Android 12 AVI3 Kernel 5.10.66-afaneh92. I'm rooted, TWRP 3.6.2_12-4 and Magisk 25.2 with bunch of modules.
I need your help for moving from current stock ROM to BeyondROM Android 13 BVKB.
What steps should I take?
Should I first move back completely to stock Android 13?
I'm thinking about this process:
1. Make inventory of installed Magisk modules, make backup of my files to USB OTG
2. Patch AP_BVKB file in Magisk, transfer patched file to PC, extract vbmeta.img
3. Extract recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
4. Create new twrp-vbmeta.tar file which contain vbmeta.img from patched AP_BVKB file and recovery.img from twrp-3.7.0_12-1_afaneh92-b0s.tar
5. Remove fingerprints and lockscreen's PIN
6. Uninstall all Magisk modules. Once all modules are uninstalled followed by reboots perform final reboot to download mode
7. Using Odin flash all stock files in slots: AP->AP, BL->BL, CP->CP, CSC->CSC (Which Odin to use? Original one 3.13.1 or 3.14.4?)
8. In stock recovery format data, start Android 13 but configure nothing
9. Reboot to download mode
10. In Odin's options unselect Auto Reboot and flash twrp-vbmeta.tar in slot USERDATA
11. When flashing is completed keep USB cable plugged in, hold Volume Down and Power and as soon as the screen goes black press and hold Volume Up and Power in order to boot directly into TWRP. If this step is unsuccessfull then repeat steps 8 and 9
12. In TWRP full wipe (wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes" when asked and confirm)
13. Reboot phone back to TWRP (Reboot -> Recovery)
14. Flash BeyondROM (in TWRP -> Install. If using OTG "select storage", select "USB OTG" select BeyondROM zip on the USB device, wipe to confirm, follow on screen options, when flash is complete "save logs" (in case you have any flashing issues) click finish, reboot to System
15. Configure system, download and install Magisk Canary (?) (why not the official 25.2 or Magisk Delta?) and install Magisk's modules
16. Install Swift Backup and restore applications from backups stored on Google Drive (or install applications from Google Play Store and restore from Swift Backup only application's data? I saw somewhere that for upgrading from Android 12 to Android 13 it is better to not restore applications and data but install applications from Play Store and then restore from backup data only - can someone deny or confirm?)
Are these steps 1-16 correct?
2,3,4. In twrp theard by afaneh You have 2 tar files (one vbmeta, second twrp) and You canon do one
7. Use Odin 4.14.1_3B_PatcheD (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/
). Use AP-AP, BL-BL,CP-CP,CSC-HOME_CSC (only if You use earlier multidisabler) and in USERDATA file which You do in 2,3,4 steps. Don't forget about unselect Auto Reboot.
8a. If You used multidisabler earlier while installing twrp then You can use HOME_CSC to don' lose data. After odin success don't unplug USB and boot to twrp ( for clean flash you must do factory reset-recomended before flash BR. For dirty just flash BR)
8b. If You don't used multidisabler earlier You must after boot to TWRP:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.
- Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
- Reboot to recovery.
15. For Samsung devices canary magisk is recomended but other versions should work too (Delta is fork which lets you use magisk option )
16. Restoring backups or installing belong to you.
I see You are from Poland, You can send me pm when you will questions or need help