[ROM] BeyondROM V3.1 [24/03/2021] [DUC7] [Mar Patch] [A11] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
BeyondRom V3.1

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
<*>Base OneUI 3.1 Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 odex/deodex Mar 2021 patch level</*>
<*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
<*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
<*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
<*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
<*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
<*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
<*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
<*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
<*>Safetynet patch included</*>

Not working
<*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v3.1
<*>Updated to OneUI 3.1 Mar 2021 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
- SuperR for the kitchen
- Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP
- Kdrag0n for SafetyNet patch
- aliwaris for incallui mods
- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds. Carlos, Mark, Ashley and many others)

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F Link

G986B Link

G988B Link

TWRP for all S20 Series (z3s)

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 11 DUB5 OR NEWER FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 3.1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 3.1 over BR 3.0 is ok.

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the BR v3.1 ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're encrypted

2) Download DUC7 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
**do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.5.1_10-A11_x_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
**rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img (don't unzip it)

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the TWRP + patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.1

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 3.1 zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
*after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On MagiskHide

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick
4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat
TWRP for S20 Telegram chat
PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)

Attachments

• vbmeta.img.zip
    256 bytes · Views: 1,504
Last edited:

N1ghtr08d

Feb 15, 2011
Dublin
I've never been first to comment on a thread after the OP, but there's always a first!
Installing anxiously now and will report back with results

Last edited:

nijoo

Dec 5, 2008
If I have BeyondRom V1.5 installed and have root can I install BeyondRom V2.0 in recovery as dirty instalation? or I have to do all 10 steps as you wrote?

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Disappointing, I followed your directions to the letter and I have a soft bricked 985f. I have tried to flash 3 times now. I flashed and it goes all the way to pass but then when I try to boot twrp it sits there. Yes I'm plugged in to my pc, even tried multiple cords and ports and clean install, never can get to twrp. Gotta sleep, hopefully it doesn't burn in overnight since I can't shut it off.

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
Disappointing, I followed your directions to the letter and I have a soft bricked 985f. I have tried to flash 3 times now. I flashed and it goes all the way to pass but then when I try to boot twrp it sits there. Yes I'm plugged in to my pc, even tried multiple cords and ports and clean install, never can get to twrp. Gotta sleep, hopefully it doesn't burn in overnight since I can't shut it off.
Show me the content of the twrp tar you flash

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I used the vmbeta.img and the ianmcd recovery, i made them into a tar with 7zip and I renamed it to recovery.img before combining. I even copied and pasted the name you said to name it. Could we get a link to the correct twrp?

I agree it has to be the twrp, but I got the one mentioned off of telegram the twrp telegram by ian.

1608047135371.png
that is the twrp i used.

Last edited:

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I used the vmbeta.img and the ianmcd recovery, i made them into a tar with 7zip and I renamed it to recovery.img before combining. I even copied and pasted the name you said to name it. Could we get a link to the correct twrp?

I agree it has to be the twrp, but I got the one mentioned off of telegram the twrp telegram by ian.

View attachment 5158181 that is the twrp i used.
I made the mistake of not resetting odin, as soon as I reset odin i was able to flash recovery and then rom, thank you !!!!

Reactions: wilspeak

patuticci

Feb 4, 2016
İstanbul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the rom has been updated to the latest BR 3.1 DUC7 fw
    When you are scrolling through websites or where do you see it?
    I never had the feeling that scrolling is stuttering on any phone I ever had. If so, it was just due to hardware performance.
    But I also hated that blurry 144 Hz feeling when playing games on my computer screen and went back to 60 Hz. ;)
    Yes. When i scrolling through websites,Facebook,Instagram or whatelse i can see the difference. Its really smoother than 60hz.

My Battery life getting better and better. Charged my Phone to 100% and came out 2 days with a Screen On Time of 8h 56min. I think thats not bad. In settings my Phone say one full battery will hold for 20h 46min. At night my Battery drain was 4% in Standby with WiFi and Mobile Data ON.
    I tried frija thank you, kept on stopping though, only way I got it going again was to close the app and open it again, then click on append so it continues downloading, then it didn't say complete but looked like it was finished and there's no file in my documents folder, I ended up downloading thru the Sam one.
    Damn, never had problem from my side ...

I tried frija thank you, kept on stopping though, only way I got it going again was to close the app and open it again, then click on append so it continues downloading, then it didn't say complete but looked like it was finished and there's no file in my documents folder, I ended up downloading thru the Sam one.
    Don't remember where i downloaded it, but i reuploaded it :
    so Im already have rooted and twrp installed.
    I need again download stock dub5 fw, get boot.img then patch in magisk?
    Where I need put reocvery if I already have twrp?
    VBmate must be flashed all time?
    Yes you need, I tried to direct dirty flash and it doesn't work
    And yes, you need to reflash all, because stock flash will change boot and recovery to original one

Vbmeta must be flashed every time with odin to be sure (expect if you just upgrade twrp image for example)

Edit : don't forget to get last twrp
    I don't think the actual twrp supports files encryption.
    BeyondRom V3.1

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 3.1 Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 odex/deodex Mar 2021 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>Safetynet patch included</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v3.1
    <*>Updated to OneUI 3.1 Mar 2021 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - SuperR for the kitchen
    - Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP
    - Kdrag0n for SafetyNet patch
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds. Carlos, Mark, Ashley and many others)

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F Link

G986B Link

G988B Link

TWRP for all S20 Series (z3s)

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 11 DUB5 OR NEWER FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 3.1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 3.1 over BR 3.0 is ok.

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the BR v3.1 ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're encrypted

2) Download DUC7 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.5.1_10-A11_x_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
    **rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img (don't unzip it)

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the TWRP + patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.1

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 3.1 zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On MagiskHide

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat
    TWRP for S20 Telegram chat
    PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    please delete
    BR 3.0 updated to latest fw DUB5 ... enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest BR 3.1 DUC7 fw
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone