[ROM] BeyondROM V3.1 [24/03/2021] [DUC7] [Mar Patch] [A11] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

seujo

Nov 15, 2018
Paris
Boot to TWRP. Tried by pressing power + volume UP - just booting into the ROM and pressing power + volume down - keeps rebooting without getting into the ROM. Only successful to get into TWRP straight after flashing with Odin. I think was saying while flashing pressing power + volume down and when screen goes black then move from volume down to volume UP. That's the only way I found how to get into TWRP.

Any advise, please?

Yes, try this:
-power off phone
-plug USB cable connected to your computer
-press and maintain VOL+ and POWER
-wait for TWRP

shadin

May 15, 2010
Budapest
Hello!

Do you plan to upgrade BeyondROM to the new SW version?

1611148868083.png

BeyondRom V2.0

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU5CTKG firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
<*>Base Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU5CTKG odex/deodex Dec 2020 patch level</*>
<*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
<*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
<*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
<*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
<*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
<*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
<*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
<*>Automatic EFS backup</*>

Not working
<*>All knox related apps: Secure folder, Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v2.0
<*>Initial release A11 Dec 2020 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
- SuperR for the kitchen
- Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP
- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds. Carlos, Mark, Ashley and many others)

Download Links

G980F Link
G981B Link
G985F Link
G986B Link
G988B Link
TWRP for S20

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 11 CTKG FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 2.0 !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the BR v2.0 ROM zip into your external storage if you're encrypted

2) Download CTKG stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
**do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1aXX_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
**rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 2.0

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 2.0 zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
*after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On MagiskHide

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick
4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat
TWRP for S20 Telegram chat
PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)

Hello!

Do you plan to upgrade BeyondROM to the new SW version?

Thank You!

1611148868083.png

switchgott

Jan 22, 2007
Could someone give a tip.
I delete Payment Service apk, and now my device is locked.
I have access to all, but can someone explain me what to do?
Which file i need to mod to access my device again.
Thanks

Cailloux92

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys !

First of all, thanks to dev for this lovely custom One UI rom.

I have something weird, a bug that's is a little bit annoying.

When an app ask for fingerprint authentification, the pop up with the finger logo doesn't come, but if the app ask for authentification with fingerprint or face id, the pop-up show up.
Do you have any idea ? am i the only one to get this ?

rientkill1

Sep 3, 2014
Dedemsvaart
BeyondRom V2.0

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU5CTKG firmware

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
<*>Base Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU5CTKG odex/deodex Dec 2020 patch level</*>
<*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>

Not working
<*>All knox related apps: Secure folder, Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v2.0
<*>Initial release A11 Dec 2020 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
- SuperR for the kitchen
- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds. Carlos, Mark, Ashley and many others)

Download Links

G980F Link
G981B Link
G985F Link
G986B Link
G988B Link
TWRP for S20

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 11 CTKG FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 2.0 !!!

1) Download and copy the BR v2.0 ROM zip into your external storage if you're encrypted

2) Download CTKG stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin

**do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1aXX_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
**rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 2.0

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 2.0 zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick

Helpful links

PayPal link

Hello,
in my country PHN is no CTKG version just only CTL1,CTL6,UA3 can i still use this rom ?

M1LL3R

Jan 10, 2014
G985F Clean Flashed; No WIFI, No Settings. Be carefull. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Thanks Andrei for your hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the rom has been updated to the latest BR 3.1 DUC7 fw
    I tried frija thank you, kept on stopping though, only way I got it going again was to close the app and open it again, then click on append so it continues downloading, then it didn't say complete but looked like it was finished and there's no file in my documents folder, I ended up downloading thru the Sam one.
    Damn, never had problem from my side ...

I tried frija thank you, kept on stopping though, only way I got it going again was to close the app and open it again, then click on append so it continues downloading, then it didn't say complete but looked like it was finished and there's no file in my documents folder, I ended up downloading thru the Sam one.
    Don't remember where i downloaded it, but i reuploaded it :
    so Im already have rooted and twrp installed.
    I need again download stock dub5 fw, get boot.img then patch in magisk?
    Where I need put reocvery if I already have twrp?
    VBmate must be flashed all time?
    Yes you need, I tried to direct dirty flash and it doesn't work
    And yes, you need to reflash all, because stock flash will change boot and recovery to original one

Vbmeta must be flashed every time with odin to be sure (expect if you just upgrade twrp image for example)

Edit : don't forget to get last twrp
    I don't think the actual twrp supports files encryption.
    can someone provide the TWRP from the telegramm group? I do not want to give my phone number just for that to telegramm.
    BeyondRom V3.1

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 firmware

ROM Features

<*>Base OneUI 3.1 Android 11 G98xF(B)XXU7DUC7 odex/deodex Mar 2021 patch level</*>
    <*>Safetynet patch included</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v3.1
    <*>Updated to OneUI 3.1 Mar 2021 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - SuperR for the kitchen
    - Kdrag0n for SafetyNet patch
    - aliwaris for incallui mods

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F Link

G986B Link

G988B Link

TWRP for all S20 Series (z3s)

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ANDROID 11 DUB5 OR NEWER FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 3.1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 3.1 over BR 3.0 is ok.

1) Download and copy the BR v3.1 ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're encrypted

2) Download DUC7 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

**do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.5.1_10-A11_x_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
    **rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img (don't unzip it)

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the TWRP + patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.1

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 3.1 zip and then reboot to system

10) Enjoy....

Helpful links

PayPal link

please delete
    BR 3.0 updated to latest fw DUB5 ... enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest BR 3.1 DUC7 fw
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone