[ROM] BeyondROM V7.0 [28/02/2024] [HXA1] [February 2024] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

xzaviergomez

Nov 7, 2008
Thanks a lot, starbucks2010, for the work on the rom and the instructions.

A quick question, I haven't been able to determine via search. The OP mentions to start with the DUH2 stock firmware. Is this current and mandatory? I.e. if I am currently running DUH5, can I follow the same instructions using the DUH5 firmware, or must I use DUH2?

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks a lot, starbucks2010, for the work on the rom and the instructions.

A quick question, I haven't been able to determine via search. The OP mentions to start with the DUH2 stock firmware. Is this current and mandatory? I.e. if I am currently running DUH5, can I follow the same instructions using the DUH5 firmware, or must I use DUH2?
DUH5 is fine (y)

altojd

Dec 11, 2009
I installed the rom (clean) and it boots fine but when i connect the phone to pc i can see my sd card but the phone itself is empty and i can't install or copy any app to it
please help

xzaviergomez

Nov 7, 2008
Thank you! Can't wait to get off work and try this rom.
DUH5 worked great. Thanks to the Dev for the rom. I missed native call recording - it's legal in my state, and a shame to have it disabled like that.

I installed the rom (clean) and it boots fine but when i connect the phone to pc i can see my sd card but the phone itself is empty and i can't install or copy any app to it
please help

I don't know if this is your issue, but it sounds like it could be. Instead of just doing the default wipe in TWRP, you should choose the format option and format completely. That part wasn't 100% clear to me in the instructions, when I missed it, the rom booted fine but obviously storage was strange since it was still encrypted. One way to test if this is your issue, open the storage menu in settings. Tap on internal storage, where it normally should open a breakdown of your storage and what it is being used on. If the values won't load, this is maybe your issue.

fmaorui

Jun 2, 2012
Hi. I dirty flashed and used the inbuilt safetynet patch option;
everything works but google assistant, while still responding to commands when phonce screen is on, is no longer responding to voice commands when the screen is off. I've checked all options in the assistant settings, including retraining the Voice Model, but to no avail.

Tried uninstalling Google Assistant and reinstalling as well, didnt work.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve?

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
Hi. I dirty flashed and used the inbuilt safetynet patch option;
everything works but google assistant, while still responding to commands when phonce screen is on, is no longer responding to voice commands when the screen is off. I've checked all options in the assistant settings, including retraining the Voice Model, but to no avail.

Tried uninstalling Google Assistant and reinstalling as well, didnt work.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve?
I blame google!

It used to work for me, but it hasn't done for a couple of months now.

Setting the primary language to use for google assistent (not the one under voice setting, but specifically the one under assistent) to English (US) will still allow activation of "hey google" on any screen. Except that part used to say "even when screen is off" but now it just says "when screen is on"

I would argue that the "O" in AOD means "on" but AOD does not bypass this :(

fmaorui

Jun 2, 2012
I blame google!

It used to work for me, but it hasn't done for a couple of months now.

Setting the primary language to use for google assistent (not the one under voice setting, but specifically the one under assistent) to English (US) will still allow activation of "hey google" on any screen. Except that part used to say "even when screen is off" but now it just says "when screen is on"

I would argue that the "O" in AOD means "on" but AOD does not bypass this :(
Upon further experimentation these were the insights:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix = google assistant can work when screen off
2. Dirty flash with safetynet fix = google assistant cannot work when screen off

3. Dirty flash with manual safetynet fix ( Riru + safetynet module) = google assistant cannot work when screen off
3a. Disabling safetynet module as per (3.) = google assistant can work when screen off

this would suggest a model id issue in conflict with google assistant security?? idk.
--
Further ideas allowing safetynet fix and google assistant screen off functions to coexist greatly appreciated!

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
Upon further experimentation these were the insights:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix = google assistant can work when screen off
2. Dirty flash with safetynet fix = google assistant cannot work when screen off

3. Dirty flash with manual safetynet fix ( Riru + safetynet module) = google assistant cannot work when screen off
3a. Disabling safetynet module as per (3.) = google assistant can work when screen off

this would suggest a model id issue in conflict with google assistant security?? idk.
--
Further ideas allowing safetynet fix and google assistant screen off functions to coexist greatly appreciated!
Interesting,.. I suppose safetynet isn't that important for me anyway :ROFLMAO:

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Hi all,

Many thanks for your work !

I just have a question concerning work profile

Is it possible to use the Shelter App or anything else for Work profile with Beyond Rom ?

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Yes, it is. I've used Shelter for a few days, without any issues.
Oh .. really ??? This is awesome !!

I have searched the entire thread and in post #497 the dev says it will not working .. so I'm a bit confused .. and on the telegram channel, seems to be contradictory answers ..

As I do need to use work profile, I've been waiting to be sure Shelter is working to flash this rom on my new S20+

Thank you very much for your answer sir :)

ps : are double sim and esim ok ?

pps : microG will work too ?

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Oh .. really ??? This is awesome !!

I have searched the entire thread and in post #497 the dev says it will not working .. so I'm a bit confused .. and on the telegram channel, seems to be contradictory answers ..

As I do need to use work profile, I've been waiting to be sure Shelter is working to flash this rom on my new S20+

Thank you very much for your answer sir :)

ps : are double sim and esim ok ?

pps : microG will work too ?
Well... sorry if my answer was a bit short, but you actually will need a rooted phone. And it can take a couple of times until you get the work profile working, but it will work, without any issues (that i found).
Regarding esim and microG... haven't really tested any of them with this rom, but microG at least, should work just fine.

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Well... sorry if my answer was a bit short, but you actually will need a rooted phone. And it can take a couple of times until you get the work profile working, but it will work, without any issues (that i found).
Regarding esim and microG... haven't really tested any of them with this rom, but microG at least, should work just fine.
Yes, I obviously want to flash Twrp, Beyond Rom and Magisk to root my device :)

And I know knox will be tripped but I don't care spay or others as long as Shelter and Work profile works

(already installed custom rom on my S8+)

Many thanks for your replies

Last edited:

xzaviergomez

Nov 7, 2008
Hmm, does anyone have Samsung Visual Voicemail working? I first flashed with the safetynet fix and figured that's why I was not able to get it from the Galaxy store. I followed the instructions above to change my build.prop to reflect my actual model number (G986B), that seems to have been successful, but still unable to install visual voicemail.

Edit: It's apparent this has nothing to do with the rom, or device ID, or safetynet. Just Verizon+Samsung making it impossible for unlocked devices to use visual voicemail. Tried some workarounds others have had success with. No luck. Decide to just use conditional formatting to send missed called to Google voice's voicemail and get transcript that way. Let's hope Verizon doesn't take that 'privelege,' next.

I'm incapable of bringing myself to call in and check voicemail, so I'd have been one of those 'mailbox full' cats in no time otherwise. I swear every US carrier finds some little way to punish unlocked devices. AT&T cut me off fr VoLTE. Verizon let's me keep it but won't provision wifi calling and withholds visual voicemail for no reason.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It killed me.... i forgot to rename the twrp.img to recovery.img and i was wondering why it doesn´t work..... get twrp on that device (SM-G981B/DS) to work. Well, one good thing, i guess i figured out where Fussels problem post. 2053 came from.

KG STATE : Prenormal (00)
    While i was flashing the last few FWs to the phone (to figure something out about my problem😵💫....) i got the same state in bootloader / download menu.
    20240131_221554n-jpg.6062343

In the TWRP guide "Official TWRP thread for S20 Series" i found a solution for this issue.

Following the instructions for Odin (windows):
    Step 5: "Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM"

After following that step and reboot the device again into download menu / bootloader KG State has changed from "Prenormal (00)" to "Checking (00)" (in my case it did)

So i was able to follow starbucks2010 instructions flashed the phone and boot into TWRP to flash the Beyond ROM 7.0 (using clean install).

Sry @Fussels . It´s a little late but maybe it can help someone else. Your Guide helped me too. Thank you for this.

And thank you very much for that ROM @starbucks2010 :)(y)
    Thank you for the answer.

I try since three days to download BR 7.0 from the link on the first page. But I always get the message that there are too many downloads and I should try it later. Any workaround?
    login with your google account and try again to dl it
    camera shutter sound menu was removed by samsung
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom v7.0

Based on Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXA1 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 5.1 Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXA1 deodex February 2024 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed automatic encryption, vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch or Play Integrity Fix</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v6.9
    <*>Updated to latest HXA1 February 2024 OneUI 5.1 patch level</*>
    <*>Kernel patched with magisk canary 27001</*>

Notes
    <*>If you miss root after rom install, flash magisk canary 27001 apk in TWRP</*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Mr. Waehere for CRB kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for some fixes
    - Nguyen for back2kill mod
    - All testing team

Download Links

G98xFB BR70 HXA1 Link

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FW WHEN FLASHING BR68: HWI7/HWKD/HWL1/HXA1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 6.x over ANY Android 12 will hard brick your device !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download latest stock FW for your phone model using Frija or Samfw and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flashing yet

5) Download latest compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    BeyondROM v5.1 has been updated to latest Android 13 GVL5 Dec 2022 FW.

Happy flashing good people! :)