• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] BeyondROM V3.9 [4/11/2021] [DUJ5] [Nov Patch] [A11] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

altojd

Dec 11, 2009
I still wonder if i can clean flash br3.8 zip using already installed twrp-z3s-3.5.2_10-A11_1_ianmacd?

crows

Jul 5, 2008
Hi. I dirty flashed and used the inbuilt safetynet patch option;
everything works but google assistant, while still responding to commands when phonce screen is on, is no longer responding to voice commands when the screen is off. I've checked all options in the assistant settings, including retraining the Voice Model, but to no avail.

Tried uninstalling Google Assistant and reinstalling as well, didnt work.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve?
I can confirm mine is the same, locked screen google assistant not working. Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks

crows

Jul 5, 2008
Thank you for this information. For a long time I didn't know what is the reason and I blamed ROM.

My steps to fix this:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix (google assistant can work when screen off)
2. Installed Riru 26 + kdrag0n safetynet-fix v2.1.1 (after this google assistant cannot work when screen off but safetynet is passed with proper S20 model - I have G981B)
3. I Uninstalled Riru 26 and kdrag0n safetynet-fix and restart (I expected that after this step I lose safetynet but it still passed, I don't know why...)
4. Once again dirty flash without safetynet fix (and unexpectedly safetynet is still passed - I don't understand this but it just working and... google assistant when screen off working too.

You can tray this if you want. Maybe I have installed or did something specific and I have no idea about it. But I hope that this procedure works in others.
Bugga wish it worked for me, makes no difference.

szunyi77

Sep 24, 2012
Szeged
First of all thanks for the update, the ROM is awesome!
Report :
I made a backup of everything for security, but it wasn't needed :)
- I Flash BDUJ1Stock AP, BL, CP, HOMECSC and twrp-z3s-3.5.2_ianmacd + vbmeta_DUI5 Odin.
- Reboot recovery immediately
- Flash BeyondRom V3.8 dirty wipe cache and reboot
The system booted perfectly, updated and I didn't lose any data :)
There was no need to flash Magisk. Both root and XPOSED are perfect :)
I hope I helped :)

crows

Jul 5, 2008
Sorry to ask but little confused, as mentioned several times about magisk and losing hide etc, what do we need to do now? Ive installed 3.8 without magisk as none of the versions Ive tried give me the ability to check safety net as its not there anymore.

Thanks

Hypedblank

Nov 10, 2012
Sorry to ask but little confused, as mentioned several times about magisk and losing hide etc, what do we need to do now? Ive installed 3.8 without magisk as none of the versions Ive tried give me the ability to check safety net as its not there anymore.

Thanks
I'll tell you what worked for me

I uninstalled my existing magisk as I upgraded earlier (safetynet got broken) and was coming from 3.7
Installed magisk manager (23.0) 23000
Patched my boot IMG using magisk manager, then created a combined tar with patched IMG and the vbmeta IMG (grabbed it from the twrp file)
Flashed the tar on AP slot
Installed magisk hide props v6.1.1
Installed universal safety net fix v1.2
Enabled magisk hide in magisk manager settings, Make sure Google play services is ticked

(I'm not saying copy my steps)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-100641.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-100641.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20211029-100645.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-100645.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20211029-100654_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-100654_Settings.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: crows and Frank65

zaczatowany

Jun 25, 2010
Hi guys, how to enable MagiskHide?
I installed MagiskHideProps config and eneble it, after this i rebooting my Phone, now try to enable MagiskHide in MagiskManager settings but... when i leave Magisk Manager settings and back to settings, Magisk Hide still disabled.

Last edited:

altojd

Dec 11, 2009
I installed android 11 DUJ5 and i have difficulty to install twrp DUI5 and br3.8 got looptop. any advice?

Reactions: eICHiZ

Frank65

Apr 27, 2015
Calden-Germany
I have also installed BR 3.8 without saftynet patch, enble Magisk hide and safetynet check is passed. Also my creditcard app works without problems. But now I want to buy a theme by the Galaxy Store and the samsung checkout app, were you can payed the theme, detects that my phone is rooted. For this reason I can not pay. Only when I uninstalled magisk was I able to pay.

lexi1986

Sep 30, 2007
Zeist
Hi download link for G981B is not working any other links?

Edit: Nevermind needed to login with gmail

Last edited:

andyleckie

Jun 2, 2009
Nieuwegein
Report :
- I Flash BDUJ1Stock AP, BL, CP, HOMECSC and twrp-z3s-3.5.2_ianmacd + vbmeta_DUI5 Odin.
You are the best!! This worked perfect for me! Thanks a lot!

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
Works 100% after following the tutorial on page 1. 🤩 Only recommendation I have is to get an old version of "Magisk" for the hide function, 23.0 from May should do. (y)

I also can't remember a Custom ROM which did not need some kind of GAPPS. Nice one here two! (y) Thanks to the two buddies who made this neat ROM possible, Andrei and Alan. :cool:

The only question that's left in my mind, as TWRP is now on the device already: is this a "general" version now or a heavily modified one which only works in this specific ROM case? :unsure:

Keep it up, lovely ROM for a exceptional device, recommend!

Frank65

Apr 27, 2015
Calden-Germany
The only question that's left in my mind, as TWRP is now on the device already: is this a "general" version now or a heavily modified one which only works in this specific ROM case
The TWRP from first page works on all S20 series with BR and Stock Rom. For other ROMs, which are based on LOS you must used the Lineage Recovery.

Reactions: c1ph4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When it will be released ...
    can I use twrp-z3s-3.5.2_ianmacd+vbmeta_DUI5.tar for Flashing latest stock FW DUJ5 (Nov Sec Update)
    I use also this twrp/vbmeta file and my DUJ5 BR 3.9 works fine. I think this is no problem.
    The only question that's left in my mind, as TWRP is now on the device already: is this a "general" version now or a heavily modified one which only works in this specific ROM case
    The TWRP from first page works on all S20 series with BR and Stock Rom. For other ROMs, which are based on LOS you must used the Lineage Recovery.
    Report :
    Confirmed :) I will do everything like your insctructions and update process going very well :)
    Can you make the G988B ROM link accessible again - When I try to download the ROM, it says that it has exceeeded quota. Thank you.
    BeyondRom V3.9

Based on Android 11 G98xF(B)XXSCDUJ5 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 3.1 Android 11 G98xF(B)XXSCDUJ5 odex/deodex Nov 2021 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>Safetynet patch option in aroma (changes model id and it might have issues with galaxy store, dolby atmos, wearables or any other things related to model id). Remove all magisk modules related to safetynet if you chose the safetynet fix in aroma when flashing the BR</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>

Changelog v3.9
    <*>Updated to Nov 2021 patch level </*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - SuperR for the kitchen
    - Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP
    - Kdrag0n for SafetyNet patch
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Carlos, Mark, Ashley and many others)

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F Link

G986B Link

G988B Link

TWRP for all S20 Series (z3s)

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE AT LEAST ON ANDROID 11 DUI5 FW OR NEWER BEFORE FLASHING BR 3.9 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 3.9 over BR 3.8 is OK.

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're encrypted

2) Download latest DUJ5 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.5.x_10-A11_x_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the attached patched vbmeta.img to a twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file using 7zip.
    **rename the attached vbmeta.img.zip to vbmeta.img (don't unzip it) or use the attached zip in this post

6) Add the above twrp_vbmeta_patched.tar file containing the TWRP + patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 3.x zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On MagiskHide

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. Starting with Android 11, to boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same as DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat
    TWRP for S20 Telegram chat
    PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    please delete
    The ROM has been updated to the latest fw DUH2. Enjoy!

If you like the ROM, please rate with stars the thread. Thank you.