[ROM] BeyondROM V7.1 [29/03/2024] [HXC1] [March 2024] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

devilmann

Jul 5, 2015
GB
meettomy.site
hello
i have one problem with galaxy store
i tryed Dirty flash and clean flash but the same error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-105012_Galaxy_Store[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-105012_Galaxy_Store[1].jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 51

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Well... sorry if my answer was a bit short, but you actually will need a rooted phone. And it can take a couple of times until you get the work profile working, but it will work, without any issues (that i found).
Regarding esim and microG... haven't really tested any of them with this rom, but microG at least, should work just fine.
Hello again,

I would be very thankful if you can tell me how you managed to have shelter and work profile working ..

I flashed Beyond Rom without any problem but work profile can't work .. either with shelter or island, I have an error telling me that for security reason due to custom os, it's not possible to create a work profile :(:cry::cry:

So what have you done for ?
Many thanks

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello again,

I would be very thankful if you can tell me how you managed to have shelter and work profile working ..

I flashed Beyond Rom without any problem but work profile can't work .. either with shelter or island, I have an error telling me that for security reason due to custom os, it's not possible to create a work profile :(:cry::cry:

So what have you done for ?
Many thanks
Ok, I just installed it again. Install Island from the Play Store and run it. It will say it can't create work profile and it will ask you to run it as root. If you can't press Allow to run it with root privileges, just open Magisk, (click on the shield icon below), find Island and enable it. Open Island again once or twice until you can get to run it as root again. Phone will reboot automatically when it creates the Work profile. You should see all working profile apps after reboot and a Work Profile in settings/account.

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Ok, I just installed it again. Install Island from the Play Store and run it. It will say it can't create work profile and it will ask you to run it as root. If you can't press Allow to run it with root privileges, just open Magisk, (click on the shield icon below), find Island and enable it. Open Island again once or twice until you can get to run it as root again. Phone will reboot automatically when it creates the Work profile. You should see all working profile apps after reboot and a Work Profile in settings/account.
Super !

It works thanks to your instructions :)
Really kind of you not letting me alone :giggle:

I now have to figure out why nanodroid patcher and sigspoof doesn't work and it would be perfect
(I will take the time to search, I have my work profile, this is the most important for the moment)

Have a nice end of day ;)

Reactions: pintasmapila

Lashe

Aug 30, 2013
Warsaw
Upon further experimentation these were the insights:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix = google assistant can work when screen off
2. Dirty flash with safetynet fix = google assistant cannot work when screen off

3. Dirty flash with manual safetynet fix ( Riru + safetynet module) = google assistant cannot work when screen off
3a. Disabling safetynet module as per (3.) = google assistant can work when screen off

this would suggest a model id issue in conflict with google assistant security?? idk.
--
Further ideas allowing safetynet fix and google assistant screen off functions to coexist greatly appreciated!
Thank you for this information. For a long time I didn't know what is the reason and I blamed ROM.

My steps to fix this:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix (google assistant can work when screen off)
2. Installed Riru 26 + kdrag0n safetynet-fix v2.1.1 (after this google assistant cannot work when screen off but safetynet is passed with proper S20 model - I have G981B)
3. I Uninstalled Riru 26 and kdrag0n safetynet-fix and restart (I expected that after this step I lose safetynet but it still passed, I don't know why...)
4. Once again dirty flash without safetynet fix (and unexpectedly safetynet is still passed - I don't understand this but it just working and... google assistant when screen off working too.

You can tray this if you want. Maybe I have installed or did something specific and I have no idea about it. But I hope that this procedure works in others.

Reactions: Frank65 and fmaorui

fmaorui

Jun 2, 2012
Thank you for this information. For a long time I didn't know what is the reason and I blamed ROM.

My steps to fix this:

1. Dirty flash without safetynet fix (google assistant can work when screen off)
2. Installed Riru 26 + kdrag0n safetynet-fix v2.1.1 (after this google assistant cannot work when screen off but safetynet is passed with proper S20 model - I have G981B)
3. I Uninstalled Riru 26 and kdrag0n safetynet-fix and restart (I expected that after this step I lose safetynet but it still passed, I don't know why...)
4. Once again dirty flash without safetynet fix (and unexpectedly safetynet is still passed - I don't understand this but it just working and... google assistant when screen off working too.

You can tray this if you want. Maybe I have installed or did something specific and I have no idea about it. But I hope that this procedure works in others.
yoyo thanks for the reply; will try this soon.

Can i just ask - after (4.), and safetynet still passed without riru and kdrag0nf, do your bank apps and Gpay work?

Lashe

Aug 30, 2013
Warsaw
yoyo thanks for the reply; will try this soon.

Can i just ask - after (4.), and safetynet still passed without riru and kdrag0nf, do your bank apps and Gpay work?
I don't understand why, but yes all works. ING bank, Credit Agricole, Santander, mBank, Alior and GPay and Galaxy Store too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-170006.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-170006.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20211012-165731.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-165731.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20211012-165716.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-165716.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: fmaorui

eiric

Jan 2, 2012
Hi,

I have a brand new S20+ (G986B) and am about to unlock its bootloader to install this BeyondROM, which seems to be the best stock rom so far.

Before I start, for those who already made the jump is there anything you regret, except Samsung Pay?

Last edited:

Lashe

Aug 30, 2013
Warsaw
is the rom fault ... lol
Not so long ago, in march 2021 BR 3.0 was released and the Google Assistant was broken in this release. And fix was also released in early March (was available in telegram channel "Fix Google Assistant.zip"). It looks like sometimes something may not work properly. And it was reason that I was thinking about ROM.

But of course I'm really sorry that I'm not clairvoyant... 🤣

masset12

Oct 9, 2021
Hi all, hello pintasmapila,

I'm really happy with BR and my work profile but I have a little problem

Apps in work profile can't remain open in background, they disappear from UI as soon as I switch to another app or return to main screen ..
I can't keep them open in the UI as any other app in background

And I'm not able to run apps (even 'normal' apps) in split screen mode

This is also the case even before installing work profile just after a fresh install of BR
Split screen view doesn't seem to work at all

Do someone knows what could be wrong ?

I am on SM-G986B/DS, BR 3.7 (clean install) no modpack

Thank you in advance for your help

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all, hello pintasmapila,

I'm really happy with BR and my work profile but I have a little problem

Apps in work profile can't remain open in background, they disappear from UI as soon as I switch to another app or return to main screen ..
I can't keep them open in the UI as any other app in background

And I'm not able to run apps (even 'normal' apps) in split screen mode

This is also the case even before installing work profile just after a fresh install of BR
Split screen view doesn't seem to work at all

Do someone knows what could be wrong ?

I am on SM-G986B/DS, BR 3.7 (clean install) no modpack

Thank you in advance for your help
Hi!
I'm not sure, but it can be that Samsung is just killing apps in background.
See the link below and change your settings accordingly. I had the same problem with (important) apps like Microsoft ToDo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BR71 has been updated to the latest HXC1 fw, March 2024 patch level.

Please read the 1st post regarding the mandatory flash of magisk apk 2700x in twrp after rom flash or you won't be able to boot !!!

Happy flashing good people ! :)
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom v7.1

Based on Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 5.1 Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 deodex March 2024 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed automatic encryption, vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch or Play Integrity Fix</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v7.1
    <*>Updated to latest HXC1 March 2024 OneUI 5.1 patch level</*>
    <*>Kernel patched with magisk canary 27001</*>
    <*>Automatic login with 4 digits code without tapping ok</*>

Notes
    <*>If MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!</*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Mr. Waehere for CRB kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for some fixes
    - Nguyen for back2kill mod
    - All testing team

Download Links

G98xFB BR71 HXC1 Link

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FW WHEN FLASHING BR68: HWKD/HWL1/HXA1/HXC1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 6.x over ANY Android 12 will hard brick your device !!!

You MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download latest stock FW for your phone model using Frija or Samfw and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flashing yet

5) Download latest compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    BeyondROM v5.1 has been updated to latest Android 13 GVL5 Dec 2022 FW.

Happy flashing good people! :)