[ROM] BeyondROM V4.6 [6/08/2022] [FVG5] [August Patch] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

73sydney

View attachment 5619957
and as far as i know its the latest version here in australia i used frija tool and sammobile now looked other countrys and they have the right version to what beyond is

You can always use any other OXM ROM, like AUT for Austria as you have OXM in your CSC field (see your previous post with screenshot). I figured this out with some pointers from the nice folks here about how OXM CSC worked when i came back to Samsung this year after a few years on Pixel. I'd just bought an S20+ 5G and because Telstra and even the unbranded XSA are slow to be released here, so i used the AUT ROM for my S20+...a few months later i grabbed the XSA for Australia when it released as a backup for future clean flashes if needed.

Carine&148

Oct 26, 2021
Hello, is there a solution for Samsung Health? is there no longer the line where it was enough to set it to 0 for it to work?

73sydney

Hello, is there a solution for Samsung Health? is there no longer the line where it was enough to set it to 0 for it to work?

No, currently the last working version (for me at least) is 6.19.5.017

Stupid Samsung thinks blocking its usage on a rooted Samsung is somehow preventing *some unknown* mayhem from occurring, maybe committing step fraud?, when in fact its just pissing off people who buy their Watches and have a crippled experience as a result of their nonsense

When will they ever learn, people gonna root...its their right...

There is some work being done on trying to remove knox/root detection, but its slow going

Reactions: dreas74

73sydney

Well... This is a solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-wearable-app-on-rooted-phone-help.3838503/post-78024599
But it will change your device id (name, model and manufacturer). Works with Samsung Wear/Health from PlayStore.

Ive never seen that as a solution, thats just creating new issues....

also that solution is overkill, you dont need to change that many props to have that working (i did it on another device, my Pixel 2XL for my Buds+ to work from memory, misrepresenting it as a Samsung phone in the early days of the Buds- so the opposite, then found an alternate way that didnt bork my entire device by presenting it as something it wasn't) I'll see if i can find my post on which props are actually required, but it was aways back

also i would a simple standalone module just for the props...installing magiskhide props config just for that is overkill, from memory its only 2 props, not 5/6

update: i misremembered, it wasnt when i was on Pixel 2XL, it was before that..i was on a Note 4, to get the Wearables app to even run for the Buds+

where all i had to change was:

ro.product.manufacturer
ro.vendor.product.manufacturer

in that vein, ive attached a simple module to change just these props if anyone wants to play with it, if it doesnt work, uninstall the module to revert - the beauty of magisk...module name: FakeGoogleProps

the only active part of the module are the following lines in system.prop in the root module folder

ro.product.manufacturer=google
ro.vendor.product.manufacturer=google

the are no files touched, no permissions changes, nada, just those two lines

test if you like....hopefully it works for this purpose (if not, extract the module, add the additonal lines to system.prop and re-zip, and install module again (over the top is fine)), its far easier to setup (install it) than using MPHC (as much as i love that module, saved me in the past)

Attachments

• FakeGoogleProps.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: pintasmapila

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Ive never seen that as a solution, thats just creating new issues....

also that solution is overkill, you dont need to change that many props to have that working (i did it on another device, my Pixel 2XL for my Buds+ to work from memory, misrepresenting it as a Samsung phone in the early days of the Buds- so the opposite, then found an alternate way that didnt bork my entire device by presenting it as something it wasn't) I'll see if i can find my post on which props are actually required, but it was aways back

also i would a simple standalone module just for the props...installing magiskhide props config just for that is overkill, from memory its only 2 props, not 5/6

update: i misremembered, it wasnt when i was on Pixel 2XL, it was before that..i was on a Note 4, to get the Wearables app to even run for the Buds+

where all i had to change was:

ro.product.manufacturer
ro.vendor.product.manufacturer

in that vein, ive attached a simple module to change just these props if anyone wants to play with it, if it doesnt work, uninstall the module to revert - the beauty of magisk...module name: FakeGoogleProps

the only active part of the module are the following lines in system.prop in the root module folder

ro.product.manufacturer=google
ro.vendor.product.manufacturer=google

the are no files touched, no permissions changes, nada, just those two lines

test if you like....hopefully it works for this purpose (if not, extract the module, add the additonal lines to system.prop and re-zip, and install module again (over the top is fine)), its far easier to setup (install it) than using MPHC (as much as i love that module, saved me in the past)
Fantastic! I always thought that was overkill. Thank god for Magisk modules XD.
One thing i liked about the overkill solution (not sure about your yet) is that i also got pixel weather widgets working in my current ROM, Lineage 19.1.

slutman

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I need help / advice, and since it can be Rom related (depending of model and Rom - optics/product/vendor...), I'm asking here.
If it's the wrong section, sorry in advance and plus light me up ;)

I was trying to find a way to do 2 things :
- Enable Screenshot quick tile.
- Add an option to auto-connect data while i'm on Wifi and I receive/send a MMS.

I found how to by editing the file cscfeature.xml in /optics/configs/carriers/XEF/conf//system/
- For the first Screenshot quicktile, I added <CscFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem> option and it worked.
- For the AutoConnect, i found <CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>true</CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS> but it doesn't work.
(Firefds Kit have this option but it's not working either)

Could someone help me or give me an idea pls ?

73sydney

Fantastic! I always thought that was overkill. Thank god for Magisk modules XD.
One thing i liked about the overkill solution (not sure about your yet) is that i also got pixel weather widgets working in my current ROM, Lineage 19.1.

your mileage may vary on pixel features which *may* be dependent on model or internal model name or both(Pixel 3 and crosshatch for example respectively)..as mentioned feel free to edit and ad for testing, its a matter of unzip, edit, rezip, flash, reboot

pep086

Nov 28, 2012
Hi Guys how is the battery life on this rom? magisk and lsposed works fine?
thank you,
regards.

73sydney

Hi,

I need help / advice, and since it can be Rom related (depending of model and Rom - optics/product/vendor...), I'm asking here.
If it's the wrong section, sorry in advance and plus light me up ;)

I was trying to find a way to do 2 things :
- Enable Screenshot quick tile.
- Add an option to auto-connect data while i'm on Wifi and I receive/send a MMS.

I found how to by editing the file cscfeature.xml in /optics/configs/carriers/XEF/conf//system/
- For the first Screenshot quicktile, I added <CscFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem> option and it worked.
- For the AutoConnect, i found <CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>true</CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS> but it doesn't work.
(Firefds Kit have this option but it's not working either)

Could someone help me or give me an idea pls ?

Why wouldnt you just leave mobile data enabled, and connect to wifi and txt away.... i do it day in day out on stock at least....what am i missing in your question? Help me understand what youre trying to achieve by doing this, and why....

I remember seeing this "hack/feature" back in the old days trying to be added by people who thought leaving mobile data off was a good or desirable thing, sometimes for tinfoil hat reasons (which i have zero time for)...not sure its even relevant anymore?

slutman

Aug 18, 2012
Why wouldnt you just leave mobile data enabled, and connect to wifi and txt away.... i do it day in day out on stock at least....what am i missing in your question? Help me understand what youre trying to achieve by doing this, and why....

I remember seeing this "hack/feature" back in the old days trying to be added by people who thought leaving mobile data off was a good or desirable thing, sometimes for tinfoil hat reasons (which i have zero time for)...not sure its even relevant anymore?
Sure, I can easily answer that ;)

Where I leave, mobile data is really bad and I've much better WiFi.
On top of that, I now work 100% at home.

I hope it will help you understand my situation 🙂

73sydney

Sure, I can easily answer that ;)

Where I leave, mobile data is really bad and I've much better WiFi.
On top of that, I now work 100% at home.

I hope it will help you understand my situation 🙂

as far as im aware modern Android devices running Android 10+ use wifi when you toggle it on and connect to wifi, and intelligently switches to mobile data for MMS and then back to wifi when done.....all in the background (as long as mobile data is toggled on)

so again, why you just leave both enabled as i do every day and not worry about it?

does it not work when you leave both on?

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
I updated the 1st post with latest patched SHealth (flash in twrp). Don't forget to uninstall any application updates (Applications - 3 dots - Uninstall updates) before flashing the patched one.

Benoni1

Mar 2, 2015
Czech
I am absolutely connected with ROmka. I have something to add. But when I install the kernel, the camera doesn't go there. Thanks for the answers.

irnehhenri

Mar 5, 2011
Does the telephoto camera work with any GCam port on this ROM? I'm wondering whether to root my S20U (G988B), since tele does not seem to work on stock OneUI 4.1...

brambles1234

Feb 28, 2010
I have flashed this ROM and I have been using it for a few weeks now. It is a nice ROM and functions well. The onluy issue I have is that it takes up a lot of space. The system storage takes up 16gb and the 'other' takes up 13.42gb I have moved files over to the SD but I am still getting the limited storage notification.

I must say that I wiped the internal data and started fresh when I flashed this ROM.

Screenshot_20220526-142031_My Files.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The rom has been updated to the latest FVG5 fw august patch level.

Happy flashing!
    patched vbmeta plus twrp for fvg5 s20plus y2s
    For s20plus user ,how much SOT obtain with v4.5?tks
    For those of you who want 120Hz refresh rate, I found a way.
    I used this app (needs root):

Then found com.sec.settings and expanded the group, then found (use the search) "Settings$HighRefreshRatesSettingsActivity"

If you long press that activity, you can create a shortcut tile in your apps tray.

Enjoy

(BTW I have zero affiliation to that app developer, so all credits to them)
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom V4.6

Based on Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVG5 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 4 Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVG5 deodex August 2022 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch v2.2.x</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v4.6
    <*>Updated to latest FVG5 August 2022 OneUI 4.1 patch level</*>

Fixes
    <*></*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Superr for the kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - adil192 for some shealth mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for all fixes
    - All testing team

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

TWRP + VBMETA for all S20 Series (z3s)

Older ROM Links

BR4.4 FVE6 Link

Installation procedure

IS RECOMMENDED TO BE ON ANDROID 12 FVG5 FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 4.6 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 4.6 over BR 4.5 was NOT TESTED !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download FVG5 stock FW for your phone model and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flash yet

5) Download Android 12 compatible TWRP (twrp_3.6.0_oneui4+EUL7_vbmeta.tar) from below or visit official TWRP xda thread (link above) and use the latest official TWRP. Just be careful that the one from official thread doesn't contain the patched VBMETA file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 4.x zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    please delete

Hybrid Modpack for S20 & S21 Exynos Series with BeyondRom 14.09.2021

Current Version: 1.6

Supported Devices: SM-G980F, SM-G981B, SM-G985F, SM-G986B, SM-G988B

Supported BeyondROM Version: 3.7

Supported Firmware Version: XXU9DUH5

Instructions:

• Backup your System with TWRP. I'm not responsible for any damage.
    • Flash the Modpack via TWRP
    • Make sure you have selected the correct variant.
    • If you use Xposed and xposed modules, it might create some issues with the SystemUI Mods inside of the modpack. Be warned.
    • Please save the Aroma Log at the end of the Modpack installation. It might help for troubleshooting.
    • Let me know if something is abnormal or not working.

Debloat:

- Debloat Google, Samsung and Misc Apps

Fixes:

1. Samsung Dex Fix​

Mods:

- Audio:​

1. Viper4Android​

2. Stock​

- SystemUI:​

1. All SystemUi Mods incl. 3Minit Battery​

2. DisabledWarnings+MultiTile​

3. DisabledWarnings+MultiTile+CircularBattery​

4. Stock​

- Fonts:​

1. Modded Samsung Sans​

2. Google Product Sans​

3. Stock​

- Streaming:​

1. Streaming Mod for Amazone Prime and Netflix SD​

2. Stock​

- Multimedia:​

1. Youtube Vanced​

2. Stock​

- CSC_Change:​

You can change the CSC if you want to

CSCFeatures:

• Override Data Icon​

• Enable Wifi Advanced Menu​

• Disable AntiMalware​

• Set Color of Days to XXXXXBR​

• Enable Shutter Sound Menu in Camera​

• Enable Camera during Calls​

• Enable SMS Notification Popup in Camera​

• Provider for unknown Number​

• Enable LTEOnly in Network Menu​

• Enable Realtime Networkspeed​

• Quicksetting Toggles​

• Enable Callrecording​

• Enable Protection for Recent Apps​

• Disable Knoxguard​

• Enable eSIM Support​

• Enable Applock​

• Enable Data Usage on Quickpanel​

For Viper4Android how will need to activate Legacy Mode in it

Streaming Fix doesnt activate Netflix HD on rooted devices

Some CSCFeatures aren't working anymore on Android 11

If you want to download additional Battery Icon then look here:

Here

Thanks for @gharrington for this

1.0: Initial Version

1.1: Added Support for SM-G996B
    Some Script corrections
    1.2: Removed BT and Safetynet Fix, not needed
    Added Samsung Free to Debloat / Bloat List
    Viper4Android works now with stock kernel too
    1.3: Removed Option to Restore Bloatware (no one is using this)
    Added 2 more Mods:
    1. Disabled low Battery Warning
    2. Possible to use camera flashlight on low battery level
    1.4: Updated S21 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 1.3 based on XXU3AUF2 Firmware
    Updated S20 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 3.4 based on XXS8DUE4 Firmware
    Added MultiTile Mod
    Updated Samsung Dex Fix
    1.5: Updated S20 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 3.5 based on XXU8DUF9 Firmware

Updated S21 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 1.5 based on XXU3AUG4 Firmware
    Removed 3Minit Clock

1.6: Updated S20 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 3.7 based on XXU9DUH5 Firmware
    Updated S21 SystemUI Mods to BeyondROM 1.7 based on XXS3AUHD Firmware