[ROM] BeyondROM V4.7 [8/09/2022] [FVH3] [August Patch] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

ZaraZwracam

Apr 18, 2016

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
I have tried pixelexperience for s20, pixelexperience android 12 project treble and lineage OS. But i like this rom the most.
Thanks for developing.

zeec

Aug 31, 2020
says please update your firmware to at least G98xyXXSEFVE6 before flashing... i updated to SEFVF4 before/today. guess i have to downgrade and try again.

edit:
got it installed, how can i get into recovery/twrp now?

Last edited:

decayed.cell

Jan 16, 2010
I think the AROMA installer should say that you need to update to specifically FVE6. It says "at least" FVE6, which sounds like it should work if you have FVF4, but it doesn't

Skhux

Apr 4, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi, thank you for your awesome rom. I have an issue, for some reason when I open my files it says my available space is -80gb? how can my storage space be in negative? Because of this, i cant update my apps or even install any. Anyone know a fix for this?

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Hi, thank you for your awesome rom. I have an issue, for some reason when I open my files it says my available space is -80gb? how can my storage space be in negative? Because of this, i cant update my apps or even install any. Anyone know a fix for this?
Change filesystem to ext2 and back to ext4 and let's hope your sd card is not bricked.

So I don't know who needs to know this, But it's best not to install ThundeRStormS kernel mod straight after this, without rebooting first. Hello bootloop. haha

Also, definitely take your phone case off before beginning. It's a massive headache when you miss that first reboot into TWRP because the buttons didn't press properly.

That bold text "WITH THE USB STILL PLUGGED IN" got me once, too. It's been a night.

73sydney

How did you make this? I've been flashing the original one through Odin, then installing the 3.6.2 .img from twrp 3.6.0, then proceeding to install BR.
I tried making one myself but didnt work and done myself a confuse.

Its not rocket surgery, you need 7zip...

extract the existing vbmeta.tar somewhere

rename twrp-xxxx.img to recovery.img and dump in same folder as vbmeta.img

select both and right click and select 7-zip -> Add To Archive and change Archive Format to tar

Its not rocket surgery, you need 7zip...

extract the existing vbmeta.tar somewhere

rename twrp-xxxx.img to recovery.img and dump in same folder as vbmeta.img

select both and right click and select 7-zip -> Add To Archive and change Archive Format to tar

yeah... I did figure it out a little while after I asked actually. Now I feel silly. oh well. I guess I'm not a brain scientist.
Thanks though

Reactions: 73sydney
Last edited:
Reactions: l27335over

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ROM has been updated to the latest Aug 2022 FW FVH3.

Happy flashing good people!
    read carefully the instruction of how dirty flash works
    every time you update to the new fw with odin use ap, bl, cp and home_csc (uncheck automatic reboot in odin)
    at the end of odin flashing, press vol down + power to reset the phone and then immediately press vol up + power to boot in twrp (don't let the phone boot stock cause you'll get encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data)
    once you're in twrp, flash the new br with dirty option
    all is explained in the first post
    It would be great if the next version had LTE / 3G option. Without 2G.
    Dirty flash of BR 4.7 over BR 4.6 was NOT TESTED !!!
    Did anyone try yet?
    I flashed the new stock rom and TWRP using Odin, according to the instructions, and BR 4.7 dirty and everything works great. Thanks
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom V4.7

Based on Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVH3 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 4 Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVH3 deodex August 2022 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch v2.2.x</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v4.7
    <*>Updated to latest FVH3 August 2022 OneUI 4.1 patch level</*>

Fixes
    <*></*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Superr for the kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - adil192 for some shealth mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for all fixes
    - All testing team

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Older ROM Links

BR4.6 FVG5 Link

Installation procedure

IS RECOMMENDED TO BE ON ANDROID 12 FVH3 FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 4.7 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 4.7 over BR 4.6 was NOT TESTED !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download FVH3 stock FW for your phone model and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flash yet

5) Download latest Android 12 compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 4.x zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    please delete
    the rom has been updated to latest DUE1 fw

enjoy good people!