[ROM] BeyondROM V4.7 [8/09/2022] [FVH3] [August Patch] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

73sydney

Wow, that is a fantastic guide!

I presume that's not gonna work with google play alternatives? (Microg, nikgapps, etc)

Its a backup app, apart from needing play store to download the apps the first time, i cant imagine it matters whether you leave your system in a proper working state with Play Services like a sane person, or choose to hobble yourself into making everything harder to use in the false sense that youre somehow "beating Google" by using MicroG

Last edited:

Stegy

Mar 5, 2008
Around the world
Why are you using Titanium Backup...uggghhhh, that horrible kludgy thing has been borking backups since Android was invented. The first paid app i ever regretted buying. I went on to use MyBackup Pro for years without issues.

Heres something free that actually works (for almost everyone, and for me for years now)

and heres how i use it for ease of use and sanity purposes

Note: Migrate requires root (Magisk) to backup and restore, as it backs up apps AND app data (oh and permissions, call logs/SMS etc)

Initial Setup (only needed once)

1. Install (if you dont have them already):

2. Then open MyAPK, locate and backup to /sdcard/Migrate (this only needs to be done once, to backup the files):

Migrate Flasher Module
    Migrate Helper Module
Note: You dont need to keep a copy of the main Migrate app, because that will be included of course in your backup

Backup process:

1. Create a backup in Migrate
  2. Copy the /sdcard/Migrate folder off device for extra safe keeping, in case you HAVE to format /data when installing new ROM

Restore process (after creating a backup each time):

1. Flash ROM as per usual
  2. Install Magisk
  3. If you did have to format data during ROM flash, copy the Migrate folder back to /sdcard
  4. Go to /sdcard/Migrate folder and install:

Migrate Helper Module
    Migrate Flasher Module

5. Run Migrate Flasher Module after install, and flash zips (make sure to select all, scroll to check you have selected all)
  6. At completion it will ask you to open Migrate Helper Module, which will be already installed, open it and flash the apps you want to restore
  7. Finalize/Uninstall
  8. Device will reboot

Setup ROM settings as usual

Re-login into apps that need logging in

Life is easy

Note:

Not every app will seamlessly make the migration and run like it did pre migration....case in point, i never tick the data column (centre column) for Samsung Wear, Health or Health Monitor, or my banking apps - i log in to all again after migration. After a while you will figure out which apps to untick data on and just login to those once migrated - it will save you having to clear data on them post migration. Migrate remembers which apps you have selected and or not selected, and which columns you have selected between backups. So make sure if youre doing a backup to check you have ticked any new apps since last backup.
Thank you very much for this, I'll give it a try in next few days with new BR 4.6 out.

Reactions: 73sydney

73sydney

Which options do I have if there is no FVG5 or not even FVE6 stock roms avaiable for my country/carrier ?

You can try the AUT CSC in Frija, or your preferred ROM download site, usually safe bet it will be current, as long as you have an OXM CSC device it will work, or you wait until your local CSC becomes available.

To check if you have an OXM compatible CSC:

• Open up the Settings application
  • Scroll down and tap on About Phone
  • Now tap Software Information
  • Look for Service Provider SW Version
  • Here you’ll find the 3-letter CSC code after the model name i.e. SM-Gxxx_<CSC>_etc
mine: SM-G986B_OXM_TEL_12_008

When i first shifted to the S20+ 5G, i found the extremely helpful tip about using the AUT CSC ROM for my OXM compatible device here in Australia as the XSA (local unbranded) and TEL (Telstra) ROM updates sometimes lag badly....

It will not change your home CSC

Last edited:
Reactions: starbucks2010

MichalPlays

Nov 5, 2015
Works really good, camera is working, no bugs so far and I have no complains so far but it would be great to see some sort of additional ROM control app for changing the status bar text colors if you're using a wallpaper that just makes it hard to read and the same would be great for the video wallpaper. When it comes to aroma installer, it was crashing when first launched the zip file but after launching it the second time it didn't crash until rebooting/booting the phone into the latest, official TWRP recovery for the G985F.

In the end I can only say that the dev(s) did a great work here

trentini

Jun 4, 2006
thank you for your quick reply.
Mine SW says:

SAOMC_SM-G985F_OWO_ZTO_12_0025

I guess its OWO right ? Any other options besides waiting for the release of a version? I was thinking using other country ( Im in Brazil ) ROM and later changing the MODEM , is that a possibility ?

Cheers

You can try the AUT CSC in Frija, or your preferred ROM download site, usually safe bet it will be current, as long as you have an OXM CSC device it will work, or you wait until your local CSC becomes available.

To check if you have an OXM compatible CSC:

• Open up the Settings application
  • Scroll down and tap on About Phone
  • Now tap Software Information
  • Look for Service Provider SW Version
  • Here you’ll find the 3-letter CSC code after the model name i.e. SM-Gxxx_<CSC>_etc
mine: SM-G986B_OXM_TEL_12_008

When i first shifted to the S20+ 5G, i found the extremely helpful tip about using the AUT CSC ROM for my OXM compatible device here in Australia as the XSA (local unbranded) and TEL (Telstra) ROM updates sometimes lag badly....

It will not change your home CSC

73sydney

Mine SW says:

I guess its OWO right ? Any other options besides waiting for the release of a version? I was thinking using other country ( Im in Brazil ) ROM and later changing the MODEM , is that a possibility ?

Cheers

Sorry its not going to be as easy as for me, and i have no experience changing CSC sorry, it may be possible, but from memory not without possible risks

speckdeckel

Dec 19, 2015
I have Clean install,camera not works
Solved:
Thunderkernel is Not compatible...

Last edited:
...or choose to hobble yourself into making everything harder to use in the false sense that youre somehow "beating Google" by using MicroG
haha, harsh, but fair.
But actually, for me it wasn't about "beating google", so much as not wasting precious memory and clock cycles (and especially battery capacity on my old S6) sharing analytics with google 24x7.
Didn't bother with the s20+, it had plenty of go-go until I broke the screen...

Reactions: 73sydney
Mine SW says:

Cheers
This tool will allow you to check which CSC's are included in the OWO multi.
You can then look up each of those, and see if any of them have the firmware you want already.
The same tool can switch between the available CSCs, without root, or reinstall. Just a reboot.

That said, ZTO carrier configs existed in the XSA(OXM) stock firmware that I installed BR on. You could hypothetically use any G985F firmware. You won't get OTA updates. But you won't with BR anyway. Worst case might be your phone is in the wrong language...

But only do what you are comfortable with. It might not be worth the effort just to get a security patch a little sooner. Everything since FVDB still uses FVDB baseband. They are only security patches.

tombase

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,

I have the BeyondROM 4.5 on my Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F.
Why does the BeyondROM 4.6 update software say to install G98xyXXUEFVG5 firmware when I have FVE6 firmware?

Sincerely

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
This is probably the sixth time I try to download 4.6 and every time the download stops. I do not know why. Can someone provide from another server?

J0KER!

Feb 7, 2013
this question was asked alot but never answered.

how can we get Android 11 Release of this rom?

i would realy like to not go to android 12

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
I meant BR 4.6 but this case is no longer relevant because several attempts have been successfully downloaded.

phsnake

I don't know if it's only my problem, but after upgrading to 4.6, adb over USB and adb over WiFi stopped working. And starting DEX caused device reboot. Did smth similar happened to anyone else?

FYI: i did dirty upgrade - using HOME CSC (of course I upgraded to official FVG5 first)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ROM has been updated to the latest Aug 2022 FW FVH3.

Happy flashing good people!
    read carefully the instruction of how dirty flash works
    every time you update to the new fw with odin use ap, bl, cp and home_csc (uncheck automatic reboot in odin)
    at the end of odin flashing, press vol down + power to reset the phone and then immediately press vol up + power to boot in twrp (don't let the phone boot stock cause you'll get encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data)
    once you're in twrp, flash the new br with dirty option
    all is explained in the first post
    It would be great if the next version had LTE / 3G option. Without 2G.
    Dirty flash of BR 4.7 over BR 4.6 was NOT TESTED !!!
    Did anyone try yet?
    I flashed the new stock rom and TWRP using Odin, according to the instructions, and BR 4.7 dirty and everything works great. Thanks
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom V4.7

Based on Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVH3 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 4 Android 12 G98xF(B)XXUEFVH3 deodex August 2022 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch v2.2.x</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v4.7
    <*>Updated to latest FVH3 August 2022 OneUI 4.1 patch level</*>

Fixes
    <*></*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Superr for the kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - adil192 for some shealth mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for all fixes
    - All testing team

Download Links

G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Older ROM Links

BR4.6 FVG5 Link

Installation procedure

IS RECOMMENDED TO BE ON ANDROID 12 FVH3 FW BEFORE FLASHING BR 4.7 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 4.7 over BR 4.6 was NOT TESTED !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download FVH3 stock FW for your phone model and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flash yet

5) Download latest Android 12 compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR 4.x zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)
    The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    please delete
    the rom has been updated to latest DUE1 fw

enjoy good people!