[ROM] BeyondROM V7.1 [29/03/2024] [HXC1] [March 2024] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
logo (3).png
BeyondRom v7.1

Based on Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
<*>Base OneUI 5.1 Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 deodex March 2024 patch level</*>
<*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
<*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
<*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
<*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
<*>Removed automatic encryption, vaultkeeper services</*>
<*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
<*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
<*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
<*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch or Play Integrity Fix</*>

Not working
<*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v7.1
<*>Updated to latest HXC1 March 2024 OneUI 5.1 patch level</*>
<*>Kernel patched with magisk canary 27001</*>
<*>Automatic login with 4 digits code without tapping ok</*>

Notes
<*>If MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!</*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
- Mr. Waehere for CRB kitchen
- corsicanu for S20 TWRP
- aliwaris for incallui mods
- dutchman89 for the new boot animation
- Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
- LeeXDA18 for some fixes
- Nguyen for back2kill mod
- All testing team

Download Links

G98xFB BR71 HXC1 Link

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FW WHEN FLASHING BR68: HWKD/HWL1/HXA1/HXC1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 6.x over ANY Android 12 will hard brick your device !!!

You MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download latest stock FW for your phone model using Frija or Samfw and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
**do not start flashing yet

5) Download latest compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
**if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
*after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

Happy flashing good people! :)

Attachments

• vbmeta_g98x_patched.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 4,330
  • Magisk-3d91a561(27001).apk
    11.9 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:

N1ghtr08d

Feb 15, 2011
Dublin
I've never been first to comment on a thread after the OP, but there's always a first!
Installing anxiously now and will report back with results

Last edited:
Reactions: contrinsan

nijoo

Dec 5, 2008
If I have BeyondRom V1.5 installed and have root can I install BeyondRom V2.0 in recovery as dirty instalation? or I have to do all 10 steps as you wrote?

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Disappointing, I followed your directions to the letter and I have a soft bricked 985f. I have tried to flash 3 times now. I flashed and it goes all the way to pass but then when I try to boot twrp it sits there. Yes I'm plugged in to my pc, even tried multiple cords and ports and clean install, never can get to twrp. Gotta sleep, hopefully it doesn't burn in overnight since I can't shut it off.

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
Disappointing, I followed your directions to the letter and I have a soft bricked 985f. I have tried to flash 3 times now. I flashed and it goes all the way to pass but then when I try to boot twrp it sits there. Yes I'm plugged in to my pc, even tried multiple cords and ports and clean install, never can get to twrp. Gotta sleep, hopefully it doesn't burn in overnight since I can't shut it off.
Show me the content of the twrp tar you flash

Reactions: bappiseo

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I used the vmbeta.img and the ianmcd recovery, i made them into a tar with 7zip and I renamed it to recovery.img before combining. I even copied and pasted the name you said to name it. Could we get a link to the correct twrp?

I agree it has to be the twrp, but I got the one mentioned off of telegram the twrp telegram by ian.

1608047135371.png
that is the twrp i used.

Last edited:

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I used the vmbeta.img and the ianmcd recovery, i made them into a tar with 7zip and I renamed it to recovery.img before combining. I even copied and pasted the name you said to name it. Could we get a link to the correct twrp?

I agree it has to be the twrp, but I got the one mentioned off of telegram the twrp telegram by ian.

View attachment 5158181 that is the twrp i used.
I made the mistake of not resetting odin, as soon as I reset odin i was able to flash recovery and then rom, thank you !!!!

Reactions: wilspeak

patuticci

Feb 4, 2016
İstanbul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BR71 has been updated to the latest HXC1 fw, March 2024 patch level.

Please read the 1st post regarding the mandatory flash of magisk apk 2700x in twrp after rom flash or you won't be able to boot !!!

Happy flashing good people ! :)
    It killed me.... i forgot to rename the twrp.img to recovery.img and i was wondering why it doesn´t work..... get twrp on that device (SM-G981B/DS) to work. Well, one good thing, i guess i figured out where Fussels problem post. 2053 came from.

KG STATE : Prenormal (00)
    While i was flashing the last few FWs to the phone (to figure something out about my problem😵💫....) i got the same state in bootloader / download menu.
    20240131_221554n-jpg.6062343

In the TWRP guide "Official TWRP thread for S20 Series" i found a solution for this issue.

Following the instructions for Odin (windows):
    Step 5: "Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM"

After following that step and reboot the device again into download menu / bootloader KG State has changed from "Prenormal (00)" to "Checking (00)" (in my case it did)

So i was able to follow starbucks2010 instructions flashed the phone and boot into TWRP to flash the Beyond ROM 7.0 (using clean install).

Sry @Fussels . It´s a little late but maybe it can help someone else. Your Guide helped me too. Thank you for this.

And thank you very much for that ROM @starbucks2010 :)(y)
    logo (3).png
    BeyondRom v7.1

Based on Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 firmware

Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base OneUI 5.1 Android 13 G98xF(B)XXSJHXC1 deodex March 2024 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, camera shutter sound menu, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>
    <*>Screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>
    <*>Removed automatic encryption, vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed, custom boot animation</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>
    <*>For Safetynet use kdrag0n patch or Play Integrity Fix</*>

Not working
    <*>Some knox related apps: Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill</*>

Changelog v7.1
    <*>Updated to latest HXC1 March 2024 OneUI 5.1 patch level</*>
    <*>Kernel patched with magisk canary 27001</*>
    <*>Automatic login with 4 digits code without tapping ok</*>

Notes
    <*>If MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!</*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - Mr. Waehere for CRB kitchen
    - corsicanu for S20 TWRP
    - aliwaris for incallui mods
    - dutchman89 for the new boot animation
    - Alan Thomas for sammy disarm script
    - LeeXDA18 for some fixes
    - Nguyen for back2kill mod
    - All testing team

Download Links

G98xFB BR71 HXC1 Link

Official TWRP thread for S20 Series

Installation procedure

IS MANDATORY TO BE ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FW WHEN FLASHING BR68: HWKD/HWL1/HXA1/HXC1 !!!

Dirty flash of BR 6.x over ANY Android 12 will hard brick your device !!!

You MUST FLASH MAGISK apk 2700x after rom install in TWRP or it won't boot !!!

0) Backup ALL your important files to PC, ext drives, etc

1) Download and copy the latest BR ROM zip into your external storage or USB stick if you're on stock fw encrypted

2) Download latest stock FW for your phone model using Frija or Samfw and unpack it on your PC

3) Boot in download mode (Vol Up + Vol Down + plug the USB cable connected already to PC) and load up Odin on PC
    Don't use USB adapters otherwise you might get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC (keep data)
    **do not start flashing yet

5) Download latest compatible TWRP for your specific device from the official TWRP xda thread (link above), rename it to recovery.img. Download the patched vbmeta.img file from below. Using 7Zip app add the 2 files (recovery.img and vbmeta.img) into a .tar file.

6) Add the above twrp + vbmeta patched.tar file into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes (keep usb plugged in !!!), hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer
    **if you boot in stock FW, your data will be encrypted and you'll need to wipe your data before flashing BR 3.x

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR zip and then reboot to system

10) After the first boot, install Magisk Manager if necessary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment
    *after reboot, go to Magisk Manager settings and toggle On Zygisk

10) Enjoy....

1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything
    2. If you have issues booting the ROM, try the clean flash
    3. To boot into TWRP you need to use a USB cable connected to PC (same for DL mode) or a USB stick
    4. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

S20 series Root and FW upgrade
    BeyondROM S20 Telegram chat

PayPal link

The rom has been updated to the latest july patch DUF9.

Enjoy!
    the rom has been updated to the latest nov 2021 fw DUJ5 ... happy flashing !

don't forget to take backups before flashing!
    BeyondROM v5.1 has been updated to latest Android 13 GVL5 Dec 2022 FW.