Hi guys. I've been absent for sometime. Currently Running BeyondROM 6.7[CTC9] and TWRP 3.3.1-103. I've been reading a little a today and realize upgrading past Android 10 is going to require some extra steps. Is a a helpful guide anywhere available? I'm understanding I need to update my TWRP but also need to already be on Android 11 in order to install BeyondROM that is Android 11. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
I installed 8.8 again (Dirty flash), installed Thunderstorm 3.1. Reboot to system - and bootloop.
When the system booted the loop of the new log animation from BeyondROM is very long.... It takes a very long time to boot and after a while it reboots again and all over again.... bootloop.
It loops 3 times - 1 short and 2 long and the fourth time it boots TWRP.
The USB cable is plugged in at all times.
It doesn't matter anymore. I uploaded a clean FW from Samsung and will give the phone to my wife.
Welcome back OnePlus.
<*>Aroma choices: full/dirty wipe, debloat, Bixby key remapping, Emoji</*>
<*>Supports G970F(D), G973F(D) and G975F(D)</*>
<*>Base Android 11 G975FXXSEFUL1 odex/deodex Dec 2021 patch level</*>
<*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
<*>CSC features (camera sound menu, call recording, LTE only mod, camera during call, etc)</*>
<*>Knox partially removed, AppLock,</*>
<*>Included the security bypass from Ian’s multidisabler</*>
<*>build.prop tweaks: multiuser, call ring delay, SHealth fix, BT passwords remember</*>
<*>Allow screenshots in secure apps, mock location</*>
<*>Reboot directly in rooted system from power menu (modded services)</*>
<*>Possibility to choose in aroma to remove the boot warning</*>
<*>IncallUI half/full screen caller id (Phone app settings-Call background-Layout)</*>
<*>Updated to the latest FUL1 FW Dec 2021</*>
<*>Removed to the safetynet mod; use kdrag0n sn patch</*>
<*>Removed more vaultkeeper and KnoxGuard stuff thanks to LeeXDA18</*>
- John Wu for Magisk
- IanMacd for his multidisabler
- IanMacd and Oleg for the libbluetooth fix
- Corsicanu for the TWRP
- SuperR for the kitchen
- WinB33 for the FontPack
- aliwaris for incallui mods
- dutchman89 for the new beyond bootanimation
- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially Alan, Claude, Raphael, Matthias, Samir and others)
ALWAYS CHOOSE REBOOT TO RECOVERY AFTER FLASHING THE ROM !!!
Dirty flash BR 8.9 over BR 8.8 is ok.
1. You need to be already on Android 11 fw before attempting to flash BR 8.x 2. Flash latest TWRP (3.5.2_9-x or newer patched with Magisk Manager) in Odin (AP slot), reboot the phone in TWRP using combo keys and the USB cable connected to phone and PC
3. Wipe your data in TWRP (type YES when asked), flash Ian’s latest multidisabler (v3.1 or newer) to disable the encryption at the next reboot then flash BR 8.x
In any of the above cases, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DATA PARTITION IS NOT ENCRYPTED!!!
If your /data partition is encrypted, flash Ian’s latest multidisabler (v3.1 or newer) and format your data in TWRP after flashing the multidisabler (Wipe data, reply YES when asked in TWRP). Beware that your ENTIRE internal SD will be wiped.
After the first boot, when you start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment. Toggle ON the magisk hide toggle in magisk manager.
0. DON'T START FLASHING BRx WITHOUT A FULL TWRP BACKUP !!! Backup to PC your important files: documents, pics, contacts, SMS, etc.
1. Is advisable to clean flash if coming from Q. You can try to restore your previous saved data with TWRP but issues can arise.
2. If you have error 1 while flashing the ROM - usually bad ROM zip download; wipe cache + dalvik and try to flash the ROM again
3. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)