[ROM] BeyondROM V9.4 [10/11/2022] [A12 HVJ5] [Oct Patch] [G970-G973-G975-F/FD]

Search This thread

neo2k12

Feb 17, 2012
****, I installed the stock *HVH2 firmware (that was suggested by Frija) and after installing BeyondROM it gives me a tiny error message right from the start saying something like "device 16, binary 15".
I guess this means that the stock firmware and bootloader are of a higher version than the ROM, and since I can't downgrade to *HVG4 because ODIN basically gives me the same error message, I guess I'l have to wait until beyondROM will have support for the newer bootloader?

Thanks for your work! cheers

sharkydj

Mar 31, 2012
Veszprém
Samsung Galaxy S10
Dear developer,
Thanks for your great work, I use beyondrom daily and I love it.
I want to update magisk to version 25.2.
I tried direct install, and patching boot.img and recovery.img file but It doesn't work..
I always got bootloop.
Is there any solution to this update process? I have latest twrp installed.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2009
Zagreb
Dear developer,
Thanks for your great work, I use beyondrom daily and I love it.
I want to update magisk to version 25.2.
I tried direct install, and patching boot.img and recovery.img file but It doesn't work..
I always got bootloop.
Is there any solution to this update process? I have latest twrp installed.
i think the problem is also in the kernel, which contains the same magisk, and more likely an older version of magisk, and that's why it doesn't work for you

sharkydj

Mar 31, 2012
Veszprém
Samsung Galaxy S10
i think the problem is also in the kernel, which contains the same magisk, and more likely an older version of magisk, and that's why it doesn't work for you
Thanks for your quick answer!
I tried two custom kernels with beyondROM. Cruel and ThunderStorm kernel. Magisk update didnt worked too.
I also tried it with latest stock kernel with patched boot.img file (with latest magisk), but it ended with a bootloop again.. :/
I love this rom, and magisk too, but some modules dont working with magisk 24.1 for me.
If anyone have a solution to update magisk version to latest please help me.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2009
Zagreb
I tried two custom kernels with beyondROM. Cruel and ThunderStorm kernel. Magisk update didnt worked too.
I also tried it with latest stock kernel with patched boot.img file (with latest magisk), but it ended with a bootloop again.. :/
I love this rom, and magisk too, but some modules dont working with magisk 24.1 for me.
I'm afraid I don't have a good answer, so since "patch" is used with magisk, it depends on which version is available, if the kernel contains an older version of magisk, it seems to me that every time you upgrade to a newer version, when you reboot, it will return to the older one again version that is in the kernel, that is, a conflict occurs and you get stuck in the bootloop. Well, now with some kernels or rooms there is an upgrade option to install a newer version of magisk from recovery, but don't take my word for it that it will work
edit: maybe stupid, but when you install the kernel, did you also install the multidasbler with it, and the first boot try instead of the system in recovery and then reboot the system

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
if you would have kept the stock kernel installed with the rom everything would have been good.
So, install the rom and when you exit from twrp select reboot --> recovery as is written in big red letters on the 1st page. Then, you can update magisk to whatever version you want.
Do not use kernels with magisk included in them bc you won't be able to update magisk automatically.

Reactions: sharkydj

HyperionSSR

Sep 3, 2022
got error after flashing full patch firmware
phone say: recovery : error validating footer. (6)
recovery : error verifying vbmeta image: invalid vbmeta header (6)
custom recovey
vbmeta g975fxxufhvg4 54210173a

gothdawid

Apr 12, 2013
****, I installed the stock *HVH2 firmware (that was suggested by Frija) and after installing BeyondROM it gives me a tiny error message right from the start saying something like "device 16, binary 15".
I guess this means that the stock firmware and bootloader are of a higher version than the ROM, and since I can't downgrade to *HVG4 because ODIN basically gives me the same error message, I guess I'l have to wait until beyondROM will have support for the newer bootloader?

Thanks for your work! cheers
I did exactly the same ...
Now I don't know what to do next.

Have you dealt with it or are you in the stock system now?

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
Hey there !

I would like to use my bank app. But I need magisk.
There is a process?
I checked the OP, but I can't find any file about magisk :unsure:

Thanks ;)

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
Good evening,

I just install 9.3 BR. But, no magisk app anywhere :(
Someone could help me on this one pls?

Edit : found it !

Last edited:

Ritfix

Sep 22, 2022
India
Hi There ! Upon Clean flashing the latest Rom file as per Instruction i'm Having bootloop Issue in G975FD IT had stock ROM (G975FXXUFHVG4) i had to flash ASOP Because it's not booting ! please provide help.

EDIT : Flashed the Stock HVG4 from odin and the rom booted.
Thanks alot for the rom. :D

Last edited:

GERATKDASD

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, I have a little problem, can't see HD on prime video with this rom, I'm pretty sure it's a thing with it, because it only happens in BeyondROM, if I go back to stock or installing any custom rom aosp based, HD works ._.

Ritfix

Sep 22, 2022
India
Hi, I have a little problem, can't see HD on prime video with this rom, I'm pretty sure it's a thing with it, because it only happens in BeyondROM, if I go back to stock or installing any custom rom aosp based, HD works ._.
you're right Widevine has reduced to L3(SD) instead of L1 mostly happens in Cust. roms DRM issue.

Blavity

Apr 13, 2021
Hey I was wondering if you have any plans to update the ROM to Android 13/OneUI 5 when it comes out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ROM has been updated to latest HVJ5 FW Oct 2022 patch level.

Happy flashing good people! :)
    Hi everyone. If you are having problems please make sure to flash the latest hvj firmware in Odin. All slots with twrp in user slot. Twrp is in the rom zip so once your in twrp flash the rom and reboot recovery. I have this working on my s10e without problems for a week now (tester) if you continue to have issues please join the telegram group and I can assist you there.
    any update for G973F...GHVJ5?
    How to flash BR 9.4 without any problems (most of us know but sometimes it is just a small detail thought of as routine that's enough to fail...😭):
    1. Make a full backup in Twrp and store it somewhere save. 🔑
    2. Get the stock HVJ5 rom. (check for the right regional code, samfirm tool is quite helpful)
    3. Flash HVJ5 in Odin (all files but home_csc)
    4. Boot up, enable dev mode as well as USB debugging.
    5. Go back to dl mode and flash twrp in AP slot as well as vbmeta in CP slot. (without vbmeta twrp won't boot up and you are stuck at dl mode screen)
    6. Straight up to twrp. (vol+/bixby/power just like three seconds)
    7. Completely reset internal SD (type yes...)
    8. Flash multidisabler right after.
    9. Flash BR 9.4.
    10. Flash magisk apk and the corresponding patched twrp.
    11. Reboot and set up magisk before logging into your accounts (Google, Samsung...), enable zygisk, flash safetynet zip, set up forced blocklist.
    [12. Enable highest available swap ram in system maintenance, force reboot (vol - and power) and twrp reboot (vol+ and bixby, power until boot logo) before system reboot kicks in.]
    13. Reboot to recovery, cleach cache/dalvik, reboot to recovery.
    14. Be happy about the sheer poetry of a custom Rom working fine and thank starbucks2010.
    15. Share your experiences with others asking for help.
    🎉🎊🎈
    after flashing stock hvj5 fw with odin and latest twrp, you have to go to twrp and flash br94
    Hi
    Thanks starbucks2010, installing stock hvj5 allowed me to boot BeyondRom 9.4
    So glad to be using BR again
    logo (3).png

BeyondRom V9.4

Based on Android 12 - G97xFXXUGHVJ5

Devices Supported: G970F(D), G973F(D), G975F(D)

ROM Features

<*>Aroma choices: full/dirty wipe, debloat, Bixby key remapping, Emoji</*>
    <*>Supports G970F(D), G973F(D) and G975F(D)</*>
    <*>Base Android 12 G975FXXUGHVJ5 odex/deodex Oct 2022 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features (camera sound menu, call recording, camera during call, etc)</*>
    <*>Knox partially removed, AppLock,</*>
    <*>Included the security bypass from Ian’s multidisabler</*>
    <*>build.prop tweaks: call ring delay, BT passwords remember</*>
    <*>Allow screenshots in secure apps</*>
    <*>Reboot directly in rooted system from power menu (modded services)</*>
    <*>Possibility to choose in aroma to remove the boot warning</*>
    <*>Modded IncallUI with app (add Phone tile - long press for settings)</*>

Changelog v9.4

<*>Updated to the latest HVJ5 OneUI 4.1 FW Oct 2022</*>
    <*>Updated TWRP in the rom zip</*>

Credits

- John Wu for Magisk
    - IanMacd for multidisabler
    - IanMacd and Oleg for the libbluetooth fix
    - Corsicanu for the TWRP
    - Mr. Waehere for CRB kitchen
    - WinB33 for the FontPack
    - aliwaris for incallui mod
    - adil192 for some shealth mods
    - dutchman89 for the new awsome beyond bootanimation
    - All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially Alan, Claude, Raphael, Matthias, Samir and others)

Download Links for G970F(D)/G973F(D)/G975F(D)

BR9.4 Gdrive Link
    Digi Link

ALWAYS CHOOSE REBOOT TO RECOVERY AFTER FLASHING BR ROM OR WHEN REBOOTING FROM TWRP !

Dirty flash BR 9.4 over BR 9.3 is not possible. You need to be on latest HVJ5 FW to flash BR9.4 !!!

Installation procedure

1. You need to be already on Android 12 fw before attempting to flash BR 9.x
    2. Flash latest TWRP (3.7.0_9-1 or newer patched with Magisk Canary or Alpha, not stable Magisk) in Odin (AP slot), reboot the phone in TWRP using combo keys and the USB cable connected to phone and PC
    3. Wipe your data in TWRP (type YES when asked), flash Ian’s latest multidisabler (v3.1 or newer) to disable the encryption at the next reboot then flash BR 9.x

In any of the above cases, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DATA PARTITION IS NOT ENCRYPTED!!!

If your /data partition is encrypted, flash Ian’s latest multidisabler (v3.1 or newer) and format your data in TWRP after flashing the multidisabler (Wipe data, reply YES when asked in TWRP). Beware that your ENTIRE internal SD will be wiped.
    After the first boot, when you start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment. Toggle ON the magisk hide toggle in magisk manager.

You can experiment also flashing full stock HVJ5 fw + patched twrp+vbmeta with Odin using HOME_CSC to keep your data then reboot immediately in twrp and dirty flash directly BR9.x. It could work but no guarantee.

Advises

0. DON'T START FLASHING BRx WITHOUT A FULL TWRP BACKUP !!! Backup to PC your important files: documents, pics, contacts, SMS, etc.
    1. Is advisable to clean flash if coming from A11. You can try to restore your previous saved data with TWRP but you can experience problems
    2. If you have error 1 while flashing the ROM - usually bad ROM zip download; wipe cache + dalvik and try to flash the ROM again
    3. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links

Telegram chat
    PayPal link

BR 6.9 updated to Aug 2020 patch level in OP.

the rom is updated to march fw ... enjoy!
    Added S10e support. Link in OP.
    BR has been updated to latest dec 2021 fw. Enjoy !