(ROM) Biffmod-Blaze-0.5-Beta (1-8-2012)

Search This thread

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
Hey all. Couldnt find a stock kindle fire rom with su,market, and adw built in... so I made one.

FEATURES****
STOCK AMAZON 6.2.1 UPDATE
PREROOTED
MARKET ADDED
ADW LAUNCHER ADDED
INSECURE BOOT IMAGE

This .zip is meant to be flashed via teamwinrecovery. It does not include recovery,bootloader, or other bad things that might break crap. This can be flashed over any rom so long as you wipe data/cache before doing so.

Download from my server @ here

UPDATE: To use Amazon Prime Instant Video , checkout my tutorial HERE

Big thanks to rootzwiki, android police, eldareathis, google, amazon, your mother.

Hope u guys enjoy my 7zip romz lol

Last edited:

CTTKDKing

Feb 3, 2011
Manchester, CT
possibly not, which is why most have kept away from stock os. nice work tho op!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Ok thanks. Just wondering. I like the stock interface, but don't want to use the stock ROM until I know root wont get borked with a OTA update.

I have TWRP so I would think even if i did get an OTA update though I could just boot into TWRP and flash CM7 or something. Am I correct in thinking this? Or could an OTA update kill TWRP too?

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
Ok thanks. Just wondering. I like the stock interface, but don't want to use the stock ROM until I know root wont get borked with a OTA update.

I have TWRP so I would think even if i did get an OTA update though I could just boot into TWRP and flash CM7 or something. Am I correct in thinking this? Or could an OTA update kill TWRP too?

I've seen ota's reflash stock recoveries back when applied. read in general about it happening to others.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

EsotericSYN

May 16, 2011
Orlando
Sorry for the noob question. I've flashed roms with clockworkmod hundreds of times, but can someone please give me a set of step by step instructions on how to install this properly? I'm not familiar with teamwinrecovery, but I do not see the kindle fire on the list of supported devices. thanks

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
Sorry for the noob question. I've flashed roms with clockworkmod hundreds of times, but can someone please give me a set of step by step instructions on how to install this properly? I'm not familiar with teamwinrecovery, but I do not see the kindle fire on the list of supported devices. thanks

Basically the same as clockworkmod. Backups/Nandroid is the same premise, wiping partitions prior to flashing works the same. A how-to definitely exists. A simple google search yielded this post which should answer any questions you have. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1414626

sneef

Jan 29, 2009
lol, may sound silly but i noticed that a lot of roms on here dont have pics. i always enjoy a preview before a flash

I don't understand why anyone would need to see pics of a rooted stock rom. It looks the same as a stock amazon kindle fire rom.
[Edit] I didnt see at first that it's got ADW built in... so I guess if you haven't seen ADW before then maybe pics are useful [/edit]

Last edited:

FlyRyan

Feb 5, 2008
I know this sounds dumb, but TWRP will NOT recognize this zip for some reason. I can see every other ROM in my root directory, but I just can't get it to show this ROM in the Install section. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not new to this in the slightest but I'm stumped.

*edit* Nevermind. Renaming it fixed it.

Step1Mark

Jan 18, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Is this the Biff from the G1 days?

Just a side note. Not sure if you care but changing the wallpaper crashes the app trying to change it. I was able to change it using Themes for ADW Launcher but they reset back to the Amazon ones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. Couldnt find a stock kindle fire rom with su,market, and adw built in... so I made one.

FEATURES****
    STOCK AMAZON 6.2.1 UPDATE
    PREROOTED
    MARKET ADDED
    ADW LAUNCHER ADDED
    INSECURE BOOT IMAGE

This .zip is meant to be flashed via teamwinrecovery. It does not include recovery,bootloader, or other bad things that might break crap. This can be flashed over any rom so long as you wipe data/cache before doing so.

Download from my server @ here

UPDATE: To use Amazon Prime Instant Video , checkout my tutorial HERE

Big thanks to rootzwiki, android police, eldareathis, google, amazon, your mother.

Hope u guys enjoy my 7zip romz lol