[ROM] Bionix NS 1.3 Beta - Team Whiskey - 01/31/11 - Kernel 02/06/2011

Search This thread

j0hnZ

Nov 10, 2009
Seattle
Sombionix dropped the Nexus in the toilet. Pretty sure they have stopped altogether, theirs been nothing on their twitter saying anything about working on it.

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Sombionix dropped the Nexus in the toilet. Pretty sure they have stopped altogether, theirs been nothing on their twitter saying anything about working on it.

Yup, nothing since his nexus s went down the pisser. There was only his Nexus S for roms and mine for Kernels.
For 2.3.3 you can use my kernel on CM7 or modaco.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

As Bionix NS 1.3 is a Beta release, keeping 1.2 links live as well.
    There is a optional Trinity UV kernel that can be flashed if so desired.
    Flash the kernel after confirming the rom works for you.

Thanks!

Bionix NS 1.3
    - Update to 2.3.2
    - Minor init changes
    - Known Issue: Reboot option needs to be fixed

Bionix NS 1.2
    - Updated busybox 1.17.1 > 1.18.1
    - Updated Rom Manager 3.0.0.0 > 3.0.0.6
    - Modified minfree handler - aggressive > strict
    - Init script modified - line by line > loop format
    - changed system to write instead of read only
    - Modified certain permissions
    - Rearranged order of specific mounts
    - superuser delay should be fixed

Bionix NS 1.1:
    - Fixed busybox - symlinks working correctly
    - Fixed /data mount
    - Removed flash (install manually from market and reboot once)
    - Adjusted build.prop for trinity kernel support
    - Added additional modules for trinity kernel support

Bionix NS 1:
    - Based off GRH78 OTA (android 2.3.1)
    - Busybox
    - su/superuser/root
    - Non-secure boot.img for adb remount
    - curios ext4 optimizations mounted on boot
    - Video Player (must select software decoding)
    - Partitions mounted from relatime>noatime
    - adb remount/adb push/adb pull working
    - IO scheduler set to deadline on boot
    - Memory handler set aggressive on boot
    - Custom init script
    - auto zipaligned on boot
    - file manager included
    - Pre-installed RomManager

Installation:
    This rom DOES NOT wipe your data partition by default. However, you MUST wipe data if you installing this rom for the first time. You will not have to wipe with future updates assuming you are still using this rom.

1. Load 'bionix-ns1-signed.zip' on your sdcard
    2. Reboot phone into clockwork recovery
    3. wipe data if this is your first time installing, if you already have it installed, you do not have to wipe data and can move to step 4.
    4. Select zip from sdcard
    5. Select 'bionix-ns1-signed.zip'
    6. Install and wait for it to finish flashing
    7. Reboot phone

Download:
    Bionix NS 1.3 w/ stock kernel MD5: 9f722f758bbd0709768ce2f1b07aa1b6

Optional Trinity Vmax OC Kernel MD5: 6b96498a30d0c09bb2c2f9583a1f0dc7
    Note: Optional UV Kernel will return after a little refreshing work is done.

TRINITY NOTES:
    - Trinity Vmax v1.1 w/ 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 GHz Pick the highest your phone can run stable
    - voltage modifications
    - BT working. Confirmed
    - root rights issues fixed
    - no bfs for now
    - sleep fix by coolbho3k (allows screen off profiles below 800mhz)
    - voodoo sound by supercurio (need i say more?)
    - build system tweaks

For additional information regarding the trinity kernel, please visit Morfic's original trinity thread located here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893851

Picture 1 listed below - Quadrant score w/stock kernel running my modifications (2d/3d scores are 0 because quadrant does not currently support these tests for the Nexus S, its crashes)
    Picture 2 listed below - Quadrant score w/trinity kernel running my modifications (2d/3d scores are 0 because quadrant does not currently support these tests for the Nexus S, its crashes)
    Is there any reason the 3D scores on quadrant (in your pics) look like tiny slivers compared to devices below it?

Also, does bluetooth work after using EXT4 tweaks?

Quadrant Advanced with 2D and 3D disabled, not compatible with Quadrant Standard off other devices, only compatible with quadrant Advanced with 2D and 3D off, until they fix their OpenGL for gingerbread, no bueno for us.

Which is one reason i use nenamark so much, it works and does not max at 65FPS like neocore and moon orbiting planet, those tests maxing out on fps will not show an increase in performance and skew the results.

a benchmark being maxed out is actually useless for more than "works, yes/no"

think of 3dmark having to play catch up with the various cpus, and amd/nvidia cards coming out, quadrant is outdated and outpaced and in dire need of a refresh.
    Well in case some people dont know about Team Whiskey,all i can tell ya is the team rocks and if you want a ROCK solid ROM they you can count on them to give one,Been running Team Whiskey stuff for a longer before i got the Nexus.But anyway good luck and happy new year to all.

So there is both sides I would disagree with this positive feedback. Any negativity is apparently frowned upon on XDA but my experience was not the same as yours with TW anything. Although after trying 4 or 5 builds with nothing but issues I stopped trying and went on to Axura, which was a stable Mod. At the end of the day CM is alpha and the team is hard at work on the NS. Once that goes beta or certainly once RC then anything else is useless anyway imo. These are opinions obviously but I stand by them. I definitely will not be risking my 500 dollar non contract phone with a TW Mod and would recommend those not able to replace through TMobile to stand down and wait for CM. Modaco is also a trustworthy Mod'r. Running his R3 currently with good success.

Nothing personal with TW and this isn't a flame. Simply giving an alternative experience with the Vibrant mods for reference for those checking this thread out.
    Ok....I have laggy for 4-5 sec....phone not respond back batton tern off light.......
    (I try to change roms, but it dosnt help, so after 3 hours of searching problem I got it than you need to FLASH (reset) you recovery mod.......problem fix...(sorry for poor languages)
    By wipe you mean factory reset right? Also with a wipe will I lose everything on the device like my music and saved data for apps?

Yes, wipe data/factory reset option in clockwork. You will lose your apps and app data, but you will not lose anything on your sdcard such as your music, etc.