[ROM][BL1.1][BL1.2] GtabComb beta 3.3 (updated 7/27/2011) Gtablet\Zpad T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thfoster

Can anyone else install Friendcaster Tab from the Market? I've tried every suggestion on Market fixes and I still get an "install unsuccessful" when trying to install it. The new Dolphin for Tab Beta gave me the same problem but I unmounted the SD card and it installed fine. But that little trick won't work for Friendcaster Tab.

Using ROM Manager

Ok so, I've read ALL 14 pages of this thread to see if anyone might have answered this question before I needed to ask it..., no go..

I'm on BL1.2 w/3.2 installed. I manually flashed CWM v3.0.2.8 then I installed ROM Manager from the Market.

With using Rom Manager, it does not see that I have CWM v3.0.2.8 installed and will give me a messege when I try to use some of its resources like "Download ROM", "Manage and Restore Backups" "Backup Current ROM", etc etc.. So when I try to use the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" Feature, it will ask me to confirm my phone model with four different devices..

Advent Vega
Elocity A7
T-Mobile G2X
LG Optimus 2X

Now that last time I did this I went with the Advent Vega since it was the closest model to the GTAB... (BIG MISTAKE!!)

I tried to use the Manual Flash Overide Feature but it gives me the Same 4 Devices as my Choice and I'm thinking if I choose anything from that list I will find myself starting from scratch.. YET again!

So? Since I can't use all of ROM Managers Features without it trying to flash a different version of CWM on there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make RM see that it already has CWM installed??

Has anyone had this problem with ROM Manager?

I'm really like BL1.2 version BTW.. it seems much snappier than BL1.1
Pershoots Kernel is smooth with the manual fix to get Wifi fixed..

tkrahling

Aug 8, 2010
Ok so, I've read ALL 14 pages of this thread to see if anyone might have answered this question before I needed to ask it..., no go..

I'm on BL1.2 w/3.2 installed. I manually flashed CWM v3.0.2.8 then I installed ROM Manager from the Market.

With using Rom Manager, it does not see that I have CWM v3.0.2.8 installed and will give me a messege when I try to use some of its resources like "Download ROM", "Manage and Restore Backups" "Backup Current ROM", etc etc.. So when I try to use the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" Feature, it will ask me to confirm my phone model with four different devices..

Advent Vega
Elocity A7
T-Mobile G2X
LG Optimus 2X

Now that last time I did this I went with the Advent Vega since it was the closest model to the GTAB... (BIG MISTAKE!!)

I tried to use the Manual Flash Overide Feature but it gives me the Same 4 Devices as my Choice and I'm thinking if I choose anything from that list I will find myself starting from scratch.. YET again!

So? Since I can't use all of ROM Managers Features without it trying to flash a different version of CWM on there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make RM see that it already has CWM installed??

Has anyone had this problem with ROM Manager?

I'm really like BL1.2 version BTW.. it seems much snappier than BL1.1
Pershoots Kernel is smooth with the manual fix to get Wifi fixed..

I might be wrong but my understanding is rm doesn't play well with gtab

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but my understanding is rm doesn't play well with gtab

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk

This is correct, it does not play well with the GTAB.. Hence my using a version of CWM that was made for BL1.2

But I do know at the very least RM can see if CWM is flashed in the lower level.
With CM7, although RM didn't play well with the GTAB it did see that I had Bekits V.08 flashed and allowed me to at least use most of it's functions normally.

That's not the case with GTComb 3.2 w/RM though..

pyro6128

Nov 21, 2010
This is correct, it does not play well with the GTAB.. Hence my using a version of CWM that was made for BL1.2

But I do know at the very least RM can see if CWM is flashed in the lower level.
With CM7, although RM didn't play well with the GTAB it did see that I had Bekits V.08 flashed and allowed me to at least use most of it's functions normally.

That's not the case with GTComb 3.2 w/RM though..

Clockwork isn't the problem though, its rom manager. The only thing rom manager should be used for on the gtab is the "fix permissions" option. Which you can do from CWM anyway

raywaldo

Jul 8, 2007
Southeast Louisiana
raywaldo.com
Friendcaster beta

Can anyone else install Friendcaster Tab from the Market? I've tried every suggestion on Market fixes and I still get an "install unsuccessful" when trying to install it. The new Dolphin for Tab Beta gave me the same problem but I unmounted the SD card and it installed fine. But that little trick won't work for Friendcaster Tab.
Yes, it works on my bl1.2/b3.2 version of Zyhong. It downloaded, installed and came up without any issues. It did act a little funny on the initial login but I just exited and restarted and it logged in fine.
BTW, it has the same look as the Tab-enable GMail.

raywaldo

Jul 8, 2007
Southeast Louisiana
raywaldo.com
Lock ups

Well, I have been using the bl.1.2/b.3.2 version of Zyhong for the past day and I have put it through some pretty busy work.
There does not seem to be any noticeable advantage to the bl1.2 over the bl1.1 version.
  • I experienced a few lockups (both during live use and during sleep).
  • Interestingly, I had one lockup where, when I rebooted, all of the existing widgets were missing from the desktop - even the system widgets!
  • Lockup frequency increased dramatically this evening. Finally, it got to the point (again) where it locked up as soon as I booted up.
  • I went into CWM and cleared the cache and the dalvik. That worked and it is again functional.

For the record. I NVFlashed 1.2-4349 stock. Then I installed "ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 (GTAB 1.2 and NI Adam rev5)." I did a full wipe of the Gtab's system & data partitions, repartitioned the SD Card to 2048/0. Then I flashed Zyhong 3.2/1.2bl.

TJEvans

Apr 13, 2011
Just flashed this today and I will say that I'm impressed. I'm not getting the blank screens at app shut down that I got with another HC rom.

I've read back a few pages, since the last update, but I havent' seen my issue come up...

I've seen folks have issues pairing their BT devices, but I can't even get bluetooth to turn on. I'll click on it, and it will say "turning on" then it just goes back to being unchecked...

Being new to HC, am I just missing something?

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Is there a recovery I can use like cwm with this rom running 1.1 bootloader? I have RM installed but of course doesn't play nice with this rom. I did try fastboot but when the tab reboots, I think it goes to adx mode. No cwm recovery at all.

FeatherKing

Feb 26, 2010
Just flashed this today and I will say that I'm impressed. I'm not getting the blank screens at app shut down that I got with another HC rom.

I've read back a few pages, since the last update, but I havent' seen my issue come up...

I've seen folks have issues pairing their BT devices, but I can't even get bluetooth to turn on. I'll click on it, and it will say "turning on" then it just goes back to being unchecked...

Being new to HC, am I just missing something?

I sync my Bluetooth keyboard okay on bl1.1 / b3.2
So its probably not the rom itself

Sent from my GtabComb

zyhong

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2011
just fyi, i update from 3.2 to 3.3 without wiping anything and i do not see any issues with this. so you should be able to install this update without clear anything if you are in 3.2. i do not have too much apps installed so i do not know how far this work.

samprabhu

Mar 11, 2008
just fyi, i update from 3.2 to 3.3 without wiping anything and i do not see any issues with this. so you should be able to install this update without clear anything if you are in 3.2. i do not have too much apps installed so i do not know how far this work.

I installed this ROM (3.2) and its been fantastic so far. Would love to upgrade to 3.3 if I can do it without wiping out any of the apps and the data. Do I need to just install the ROM through CWM? Sorry if this question was asked before.

beto1967

Jul 13, 2007
Panama
Any news about the camera?

For me these is almost the perfect ROM for my GTAB, whenever we get the camera to work then I´m going to be real happy.
Opera Browser + Flash Player working and the cifs to mount network drives is just what I needed.

Thanks a lot

mydave1

Mar 16, 2011

Would the newly AC0.3 be any useful for GtabComb ?
Thanks for the great work.

Dave

Shooting blanks?

Is it just me or is this dev-host site only shooting out 10kb blank zip files?
Can someone please post a mirror with the correct sized zip file for 3.3?

Edit: Disregard, I got the download going with my N1, seems the issue is withthe browser and not the site.
I'll just bluetooth transfer the file..

Edit: Flashed 3.3 bl1.2 over 3.2 without wipe, running very smooth.SWEET!

Last edited:

tkrahling

Aug 8, 2010

I did the same thing, any app I had on the
Ext sd is gone no biggie will just reinstall
Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: AS WE ARE REORGANIZING THE GTABLET FORUM - ALL ROMS/KERNELS/ETC WILL HAVE THEIR Q&A POSTS MOVED TO THE Q&A SECTION.

THE Q&A LOCATION FOR THIS ROM IS HERE

Thanks.

---------------------------------------

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware mod, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device and neither myself, XDA nor Viewsonic are responsible for supporting you if that occurs. In this case, it is required that you learn and setup nvflash prior to running this mod.

This is a port of AdamComb with pershoot kernel and some tweak for performance and usability. Thanks all the greatest Adam, Vegan, Gtab devs that make this rom possible.

Install instruction:
    1. Make sure the version of your bootloader and download the corresponding rom
    2. I guess most of you should already be in CWM, but if you are not. update the recovery to CWM first. Stock recovery might work but you need to do some work and CWM is much better anyway.
    3. Wipe data / Factory reset. It might work well, but you will most likely have problems without doing this.
    4. Using the "install from sdcard" to install and enjoy.

Features: Very fast and stable

For AdamComb features, check its original post at tabletroms.

1. Overclocked by default, max frequesy adjusted by battery level.
    -- you could use setcpu to adjust the min, max frequency. The build-in script for cpu management respect the setting from setcpu
    2. Tweaked internal storage & SD card read speeds
    3. Annoying ads in programs are blocked
    4. Calkulin's battery saving script
    5. data2loop works super well
    6. pre-load some useful modules at boot time, e.g. cifs, ntfs, utf8, tun.

Known Issues:
    1. Anything related to hardware acceleration
    2. Stock Camera App does not work.

Beta 3.3: AdamComb v0.2 + pershoot's kernel 07/25/11
    [BL1.1]
    http://dev-host.org/bsnx1bmz8pgy/GtabComb_b3.3_bl1.1.zip
    [BL1.2]
    http://dev-host.org/k0zcozlozwgi/GtabComb_b3.3_bl1.2.zip

changelog:
    1. update to pershoot 26.32.43 kernel. As already confirmed by some users, this version runs faster and hopefully it also resolve the BT tether issue
    2. fix the "import" bug in init.rc.
    3. change the label of sdcard and mircosd to be the same as in stock version. So far I have not got any issue and it does fix the "install unsuccessful" problem for some app.
    4. remove some libs that does not use in gtab to free up some space. now all the libs in pershoot kernel are available in this rom. just edit the /system/etc/init.d/05modules to add your desired lib in the modules string.
    5. Thanks all you guys for testing this and digging into issues. This help me a lot to resolve some issues here. It is the effort from all of us that make this rom better and better.

Beta 3.2: AdamComb v0.2 + pershoot's kernel 07/02/11
    [BL1.1]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sy8oxpcrdufr4e3
    [BL1.2]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xqoo08e1m49no1d

changelog:

1. battery life improved a lot
    2. overall system performance improvement.
    3. partially fixed bluetooth. Not sure how much it works (pulling some of bluetooth libs from flashback)
    4. remove street and office app. put back camera app (it still fc, put it here so that some power user could play on it to see if we could find a fix here)
    5. fix an issue that usb connect and debug notification does not disappear when the usb is disconnected (well, it still do not work if the usb is disconnected when the system is on sleep)
    6. code reorganization and clean up. make it easier for some power user to change settings and plug in scripts without the need to unpack/repack boot.img. Hopefully we could have more power user to play with the system and further improved this rom.
    7. change the cpu governor to respect on cpumaster, so you can use both setcpu or cpumaster to adjust the voltage if you really do not like the cpu managed by the buildin script.
    8 change bootanimation (pulling from the bootanimation collection by thinkdevoid @tabletroms)

Again, back up and wipe data and factory reset (at least wipe dalvik cache) if you want a smooth experience. Almost all unexpected FCs are related to NOT wiping data

Beta 3.1: AdamComb v0.2 + pershoot's kernel 07/02/11
    [BL1.1]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0cwkg59u6ict3t2
    [BL1.2]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7q2w1ibvsilijar

changelog:
    1. Update to AdamComb v0.2. the original wifi location seems to be broken occasionally and this one fix the wifi location permanently. the mount point for usb disk has been changed to work on media scanning.

Beta 3.0:
    [BL1.1]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7wx3ati1135a1o1
    [BL1.2] (the update-script say for BL1.1 but it is really for BL1.2)
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x2fg6cjmreb8y1n

changelog:
    1. switch to AdamComb base. This bring us HQ flashand more responsive and better UI with several other enhancements.
    2. fix some issues after switching to AdamComb base.

==============================================
    Beta 2.1: NI Adam HC + pershoot kernel
    [BL1.1]
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?95tbbfhb7stht6z
    [BL1.2] (the update-script say for BL1.1 but it is really for BL1.2)
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/?icbym2xbhc6zmcw

changelog:
    1. update to latest NI adam HC (07/05/2011 build)
    2. update to pershoot latest kernel (07/02/2011 build)
    3. remove NI Adam branding
    4. remove some apps from system. we are running out of system space and those app could be easily get from market
    5. add most small size modules in pershoot kernel. Automatically load ntfs, cifs, utf8, tun by default.
    6. some small performance tweak.

Beta 2.0: NI Adam HC + Clemsyn kernel [BL1.1 ONLY]
    link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o25bc1azc01are2
    BL1.1 ONLY

This is the old rom that based on Roebee's BOS HoneyComb. Check Roebeet's orginal post for more detail.

Besides the greatness of BOS, this rom also have some additional features:

1. Overclocked by default (max frequesy adjusted by battery level)
    2. Tweaked internal storage & SD card read speeds
    3. Annoying ads in programs are blocked
    4. Calkulin's battery saving script

Known Issues:
    1. All the BOS issues apply here

link:
    alpha 1.6 (based on BOS_a6.0)

Note: users in other roms have mix experience on data2loop. It works very well for me, but I do not know how it will work for you. If it works well, you should expect data intesive apps (e.g. email, galary, market, etc) load much faster. If you do not know what data2loop is and its potential risk, do not flash a1.6.2. a1.6.1 already perform very well. you should wipe user data/factory reset before flashing a1.6.2 if you decide to try it.

--a1.6.2 (ext2 data2loop enabled. Very fast. Quardrant score: 3923)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5arqmra5lm082m5

--a1.6.1 (fix pc usb mount)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3d3462x5d658i6u

--a1.6.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tjcvahig45ckwi2

alpha 1.5 (based on BOS_a5.2)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?25ah3hrj1h1iazt
    $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
    $dmesg |grep init.rc
    [ 13.541108] init: /init.rc: 180: invalid option 'import'
    [ 13.546805] init: /init.rc: 301: invalid option 'import'
    $

good finding, akman. thanks.
    ye, i realize that the init at this rom does not support "import" right after i publish b3.2 and i did not bother to fix it yet since it won't affect anything for gtab user (It will affect zpad user, but I am only aware of one zapd user). those import are just for some disabled initialization of 3g, gps, etc, which are not available for gtab user. I have hoped with that, zpad or some gtab users with 3g or gps accessory could easily configured the rom to enable those features, while the majority does not need to pay a price on it (3g daemon suck quite some power and contribute a lot of on battery life improvement at b3.2 after disabling it)

Anyway, this bug is something that I would like it to work, but it won't affect anything for gtab user. Let me know if anyone know/find a solution on this. I really want it to work in this way.

And this is really a good news for the users of this rom. We now have more and more power users and devs (e.g. akman, assoror, agapeman, and much much more that i could not recall) spending time to dig into the rom and polish it. Together, we could make this rom one of the best available for gtab/zpad users.

Thanks again, guys.
    I compile the b2.1 version for BL1.2 since I am quite satisfied with b2.1 now. I do not test it by myself. I believe it will work, but need some confirmation from some power users that are in BL1.2. If you are new, please do not use this rom yet.