[ROM/BOUNTY] Rhodium Android Port [$1360/$3290] - Early builds in post #3 [02/08]

Search This thread

cielorosso

Dec 1, 2008
I'd like to contribute to increasing the bounty :)

$ 20 for a clean working port... that means all hardware supported in kernel :)

§ 100 for a port with:

dialer supporting "straight talk" capabilities (like it does in WinMo.. I love this feature!)
Scandinavian keyboard supported / mapped... (or at least a tool that will let me map the keys myself
Keyboard light / hardware buttons turning on in poor lighting conditions (light sensor)

... and an extra § 20 for a dialer that can handle video calls (on 3g network)

mxxcon

Sep 17, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
... and an extra § 20 for a dialer that can handle video calls (on 3g network)
are you insane?
why don't you just ask for when you point your phone at a chunk of lead it'll turn into gold?
not only android os doesn't have capability to do video calls, but our phone doesn't have that capability in any operating system at all. it simply doesn't have proper hardware to support video calls.

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
are you insane?
why don't you just ask for when you point your phone at a chunk of lead it'll turn into gold?
not only android os doesn't have capability to do video calls, but our phone doesn't have that capability in any operating system at all. it simply doesn't have proper hardware to support video calls.
I am just going to go out on a limb here, and say he has the HTC branded version. If you weren't so thick, and obviously ignorant to the facts, the HTC branded version DOES have a front facing camera, and IS capable of making video calls. Out of curiosity, did you even GLANCE at his operator? Because it does make pretty obvious that he is in Europe. Don't act like a **** if you can't even ****ing read or pay any attention to the POSSIBLE facts.

ps: Do you even know what SCANDINAVIAN means? That means NORWAY, DENMARK and SWEDEN. FINLAND and ICELAND are also sometimes lumped into this. Now please kindly **** off.

cielorosso

Dec 1, 2008
are you insane?

Thank you gehzumteufel, for replying on my behalf...

gehzumteufel is correct. The RHOD100* Touch Pro2, which is sold in Europe (where you'll find Denmark among others ;) ), does have a front facing camera, and can make video calls in Windows Mobile. I'm currently using energyROM on it, and it also has support for video calls (although cooked by an american).

That Android OS doesn't support it should be irrelevant: If the hardware is supported in the kernel, utilizing it should be a software issue.

I'm aware, that designing / porting a dialer/phone app, with video calls is going to take a lot of work, and for that reason I offered the extra bounty! I thougt it'd be unreasonable to make it a requirement for the $ 100 bounty.

* kindly note that the specific model was included in my signature, so even if the danish flag, or the operator information, or my request for scandinavian keyboard support didn't tip you off, this probably should have!

@gehzumteufel: Since Germany is our neighbour to the south, I do know enough german, to know what your username means :D

Last edited:

Marlinsfan88

Jun 14, 2010
Orlando, FL
id pay 50 bucks for a fully functional stock 2.1 CDMA. im talkin full works tho, camera, proper LED functions, speaker working, bluetooth, just like ud get on the samsung moment or the mytouch to that extent. only reason is i had the moment but the gf's phone took a **** on her so i gave her the moment and went back to TP2

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
I'd be more than happy to donate $30 for the following:

CDMA support (I'm on boost CDMA)
Sound (speakerphone and music capability)
Power mgmt
Camera support.

version 2.1 or 2.2 (Currently I'm running the froyo 2.2 build and it's pretty stable all things considered)

Personally I don't mind about wifi or bluetooth, don't care about landscape mode, don't mind about G sensor or any of that stuff..

Hope this helps :)

Thank you gehzumteufel, for replying on my behalf...

gehzumteufel is correct. The RHOD100* Touch Pro2, which is sold in Europe (where you'll find Denmark among others ;) ), does have a front facing camera, and can make video calls in Windows Mobile. I'm currently using energyROM on it, and it also has support for video calls (although cooked by an american).

That Android OS doesn't support it should be irrelevant: If the hardware is supported in the kernel, utilizing it should be a software issue.

I'm aware, that designing / porting a dialer/phone app, with video calls is going to take a lot of work, and for that reason I offered the extra bounty! I thougt it'd be unreasonable to make it a requirement for the $ 100 bounty.

* kindly note that the specific model was included in my signature, so even if the danish flag, or the operator information, or my request for scandinavian keyboard support didn't tip you off, this probably should have!

@gehzumteufel: Since Germany is our neighbour to the south, I do know enough german, to know what your username means :D
You could always use Fring with built-in skype video support.

mxxcon

Sep 17, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

tyshon6

Dec 6, 2008
Does video play like youtube videos work for anyone cause it doesn't work for me

Sent from my MSM using XDA App

thahellion

Dec 25, 2009
i have an at&t tilt 2. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i have service but i cant make any calls or receive them at all. i can send texts fine and use 3g. still no calls. can anybody help with this? sorry if its on here and already posted. ive searched for 3 days for a solution and cant find one.

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
It goes elsewhere

i have an at&t tilt 2. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i have service but i cant make any calls or receive them at all. i can send texts fine and use 3g. still no calls. can anybody help with this? sorry if its on here and already posted. ive searched for 3 days for a solution and cant find one.

Yo buddy, whether you're sorry or not it doesn't go on the bounty board. Offer a bounty or go in Reefermatness' forum about this.

ITAdmin

Sep 6, 2006
Philadelphia
Hell, my brand new stock Tilt 2 locks up already, and I have to yank the battery to get it to reset.

Sounds to me like the Android is more reliable!!

I can't wait to try it out!

ITAdmin

ethanpil

Nov 20, 2007
I never committed, but I am totally curious to see who will pony up, now that we are so close to the finish line, I bet a lot of people are going to be mia :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hy

Does anyone have pin code trouble ??
    At start, it ask me the pin code, but never accept it :confused:
    Is there any fix ??

Thxs :eek:
    I've got FRX07_Full_Bundle_20110715 on touch pro 2. I had the audio not working on both in/outgoing calls, then I've got the audio for outgoing calls working fine but not the incoming calls, unless I turn on the speaker, that's after I've set vibration to 'always' and disabled dial pad tone, now what .. any comment?

I would personally post in the thread where you got the build, i.e. FRX07 thread as you're going to get a quicker response there, rather than in a thread about donations 2+ years old. And if you already did post in the FRX07 thread, then be patient for a response.