[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.4 (AOSP, FLAC, SCRIPTS, & MORE)

Search This thread

docsparks

Aug 28, 2009
www.dcombl.com
There's a VM icon next to the phone icon at the bottom of the screen when you open the dialer...

*edit* On a sad note, my battery is draining way too quickly with the up/awake bug, I may have to go with something else til that gets figured out *sighs*

ha, been a white since i seen the aosp dialer, and used it!
pathetic as it is, i refuse to set up my voicemail, i just liked the whole..click through the list and hear them, I dont want people to have to hear my meet and greet message, and when i dial my VM number, it forces me to set that up before i can hear the messages.

i didnt mean to sound like a jackass
MrDSL, ill try your route next.

Diesektor

Jun 6, 2010
J-ville
Where do you see this? How do I get to it or adjust it?

Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery

phone was up/awake for 1hr37mins and I was at 86% battery and hadn't used it for anything but to check the battery lvl a few times. Wouldn't be a problem if I was around a charger all day but unfortunately that's not the case. I'm still messing around with it trying to figure out what's keeping it awake but I'm not sure I know enough about android yet to figure it out. I'll keep trying though because I love this ROM!

Last edited:

BuglessPete

Feb 1, 2010
Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery

phone was up/awake for 1hr37mins and I was at 86% battery and hadn't used it for anything but to check the battery lvl a few times. Wouldn't be a problem if I was around a charger all day but unfortunately that's not the case. I'm still messing around with it trying to figure out what's keeping it awake but I'm not sure I know enough about android yet to figure it out. I'll keep trying though because I love this ROM!

Hmm, I'll look into it too. This was totally something I just did for fun to give the Evo community something different. After reading some of the comments users have disrespectfully posted it is becoming the opposite of fun.

On a side note, next release will be back to my original plan of "Bugless Beast"

nsmartinez79

Jun 15, 2010
Conway
Pete
I am a complete noob coming from two different iphones. Since joining the android comunity (when the evo came out) I have tested all the roms available so far. With out any doubt, you are putting out the best stuff. Keep up the good work man and just keep in mind that you can't please EVERYBODY!!!!

robmiller

Jun 11, 2010
hatters

I agree but they are the same people who don't donate and even care that you use your own free time to do this. Thank you for your work.on a different note is this a bug or just a htc thing? I go to market place and downloaded some widgets and they say installed but I can't find them.any clue? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Diesektor

Jun 6, 2010
J-ville
Hmm, I'll look into it too. This was totally something I just did for fun to give the Evo community something different. After reading some of the comments users have disrespectfully posted it is becoming the opposite of fun.

On a side note, next release will be back to my original plan of "Bugless Beast"

Disregard those asshats, if they don't like what your doing there's plenty of other ROMs out there for them. I, for one, hate sense and I absolutely love the direction your ROM is taking, it's the best one by far IMO. However it is YOUR ROM, make it how you want it because in the end, if you aren't having fun doing it then what's the point. Honestly, when I read those disrespectful posts, I had to step outside and smoke because I was ready to go off on them and probably get a ban for it. It's ridiculous that they will come into your thread and talk about your work like that. A simple 'Hmm, sorry but this ROM isn't for me' would've been a much more tactful approach. But like I said, ignore that kinda crap, your ROM is awesome and I look forward to seeing where it goes next! Keep up the good work and expect a donation from me Monday when I get paid!

Diesektor

Jun 6, 2010
J-ville
I agree but they are the same people who don't donate and even care that you use your own free time to do this. Thank you for your work.on a different note is this a bug or just a htc thing? I go to market place and downloaded some widgets and they say installed but I can't find them.any clue? Thanks again.

Depends what widgets, my understanding is that some won't work with AOSP, sense has to be there

RamboDroid

Feb 26, 2010
Running love the smoothness of it....wondered where the black theme face book app was ...I got face book but its not black???
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
It's too bad the sense pack has changed your mind on aosp..there are many of us who like and prefer aosp..

Its not like there isn't enough sense roms for them to choose from..

So this is pretty much it on this aosp ROM then?

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

Diesektor

Jun 6, 2010
J-ville
I was trying to download a weather one. Think it was called black board. Actually I downloaded a few different ones and none showed up.

Hmm, like I said, I don't know enough about android yet to help you trouble shoot much but I do know that my list of widgets without sense is very limited. Not that it's a problem for me though, I think they are overrated.

RikusHaven

Jun 7, 2010
Isla De Muerta
Well, downloaded the ROM from the first post and it would give me an error about a missing file. Got me kind of sad. So I just did a Google search on SignApk, and used that, and put the outputted file and it worked. Maybe I had a bad download, I'm not sure, but I downloaded it three times to make sure before I did SignApk. Running the ROM. Love the idea of where it's going. Pete, don't let those who hate this ROM keep you down, it's your work and it should be enjoyable to you and it should go in the direction you want. =] Anyways, I'm always ROM hopping//testing, so I'm going to go test some other ROMs out, but love the work Pete, keep it up! =]

sph33r

Jun 28, 2007
Detroit, MI
Don't let the haters get you down Pete. Plus you'll never please everyone, especially with the Sense vs None argument.

I uninstalled this rom because of the wake issue but I was liking it a lot. Just couldn't handle the poor battery life. Once it's fixed, I'll be back.

As mentioned above, clicking the gallery icon in the camera app will cause the camera to force close. Not a huge issue, plus the 3d gallery is way better so I'd live with that.

bprinehart

Jun 6, 2010
Ferndale, MD
Seriously Pete, screw them dude. I got the impression that most of the issues were from people not taking time to read, and then pissing and moaning about it. It's that kind of stuff that makes me feel sad to see the world my daughter is gonna inherit, run by people who want instant gratification.

Regardless I'm gonna respectfully ask you to continue down this path with a vanilla ROM, and i'll keep supporting you and your work. Bugs can be worked out, childish and immature behavior, unfortunately can't.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone