crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
NOTE - This variant is now being maintained by jbaumert . Thanks for keeping bullhead alive!
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
crDroid 4.0 STABLE (20180317 build date)
For the STABLE 4.0 (and v4.1 build 20180401) build you will need the March bullhead Oreo bootloader, vendor, and radio. Found here: OPM3.171019.016
For versions 4.2 & 4.1 builds dated 20140408 and later you will need April bootloader, vendor, and radio. Found here: OPM2.171019.029
4.2 & 4.3 builds from 20180519 on will need May vendor.img, etc. Found here: OPM4.171019.016.A1
4.4 & 4.5 builds will need June/July vendor.img
4.6 & 4.6.1 builds will need August/September vendor.img
4.7 builds will need October vendor.img
All crDroid Nexus 5x Builds
(Current Build - ver 4.7.2 - 20190109) - December Vendor Needed
GAPPS: Open Gapps Project
First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 5X, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (current TWRP recommended)
0) Install Proper Oreo bootloader, vendor, and radio (see above)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash gapps
6) Boot up
Root - Magisk 17.1 is suggested. If flashed before the initial boot of crDroid, Magisk will patch boot.img to remove the encryption flag.
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
None yet. If you have problems report them, with logs. You can use SysLog from the Play Store to pull logs.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed! (Seriously, if you install Xposed, you are on your own.)
- have modified system files
- @razorloves - Without his DT/kernel bringup, this device wouldn't be built. I'm a lowly builder, he's a developer. He gets the credit for the device bringup.
- @monzer for testing the first beta.
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )
[ROM] [bullhead] [8.1] [LOS-based] **crDroid**v4.7.2, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X
hokiealumnus, jbaumert, neobuddy89, The crDroid team. The LOS team.
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 4.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-18
Current Beta Version: 4.7 BETA
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-10
Last Updated 2019-01-11