[ROM] [ BULLHEAD ] AICP 13.1 | Oreo 8.1.rX | OFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS

Search This thread

wartomato

none of those ( https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera ) camera should work on our beloved Note4 (n910f) right?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

none of those gorgeous google camera app https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera should work on the beloved note 4 n910f, right?
How on Earth should anybody know, as you're posting in the Google bullhead thread? Lol...

Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

CyAltec

May 11, 2014
Hello, i am on the Oct 26th Weekly Version now i get always an E1001: Failed to update system image twrp error 7 .
What can i do?

semdoc

Recognized Contributor

VaktBleppe

Jun 1, 2010
Anyone else that have problem with random reboots with latest version? I did a clean flash, flashed OPM7.181105.004 before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the rebrand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now actually LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

W.I.P.

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    @razorloves for his awesome work with all Nexus devices on LineageOS
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.0

Download link: AICP Downloads

changelog.png

By the download link

issues.png

It's a Nexus - You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look in the OP to see, if your device is build on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
    A. No. You can still use them (as long as they are LOS based), but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Xposed is not yet available for nougat (officialy), however there are unofficial versions. You will need to use the version arm64/arm for SDK 25.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, your preferred root solution and reboot. Or you might just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. Boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again if you don't want to loose root, and then reboot.
    A2. LOS based kernels sometimes come as a flashable ZIP file too. You can flash them together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue, if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, clear Cache & ART/Dalvik cache and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Settings -> Navigation -> Enable navigation bar. The bar can be configured separately in its settings.

Q I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A Check this out, if that doesn't work for you ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just flash Magisk again!

Q I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the root section in the AICP Extras menu.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-Ons, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How To Flash:

(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. You'll need bootloader, radio and vendor images from latest Google OTA ( Current: 8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018) )
    2. Download the ROM, GApps and Magisk 14.0 (Optional) then transfer them to your device
    2a. Google Apps:You can download these GAPPS. Also you can find the link for latest recommended GAPPS in my 3rd post.
    3. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
    4. Wipe system, Cache, data and ART/Dalvik cache
    5. Flash ROM Zipfile
    6. Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
    7. Flash/Install the root solution of choice (optional) - Magisk 14.0 or higher versions works pretty nice!
    8. Reboot to system

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:

To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app that needs TWRP recovery installed to work.
    You can still use LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery.
    Zip gets saved in the "AICP_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.

The ROM has GApps persistance in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    No need to flash the root solution on every update (= ROM Update) If your Magisk version is 14.0 or higher!

Supported Root Solutions:

sources.png

KERNEL:
    The kernel in this ROM follows strictly LineageOS source with custom additions by our team.
    https://github.com/AICP/kernel_lge_bullhead

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

ROM & Additional links:
    Gerrit Code Review
    Github

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Contributors
    (mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
    only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long unless if you're a huge kanger xD)

ROM OS Version: 8.0.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux x.xx.xxx

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: Not released yet

Creation date: 04-10-2017
    Last Updated: Nightly

You want to see a normal night at the "DEV office", click here!!​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [ BULLHEAD ] AICP 13.1 | Oreo 8.1.rX | OFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    semdoc, LorD ClockaN, wartomato, eyosen
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-04

Created 2017-10-04
    Last Updated 2018-12-09
    Reserved

1. GAPPS:

Recommended Package: BeansGappsMini-arm64-8.1-5X6P.zip

Note:

** Please flash these GAPPS If you want working Ok Google enrollment..
    ** face recognition is fixed by @razorloves.
    ** fla**** only on clean flash..

Alternate Link: BeansGappsMini-arm64-8.1.x-unofficial_December.zip

** Reported by our users to work fine.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

2. Weather Provider apps (compiled and brought by @razorloves):

Here you can find current Weather Providers apk files needed by Weather Service by LoS:

WundergroundWeatherProvider-Oreo.apk

YahooWeatherProvider-Oreo.apk

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

WARNING !!!

If you are on OpenGapps packages, expect Google Camera crashes; then please check comments by @razorloves here: https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-968

@razorloves added a comment - 2017-09-11 8:42 PM
    Thanks to ezio84 for letting me know this is caused by using gapps that doesn't include these files:
    com.google.android.camera.experimental2016.jar
    com.google.android.camera.experimental2016.xml
    Beans gapps includes these files, so I recommend you use those.
    If you want to use opengapps, those needed files are only included in stock and super variants.
    Or, use the aroma opengapps variant and choose the google camera option.

Cheerz :)
    Very happy to announce that Jenkins is building test Oreo 8.1 (AICP 13.1) build for bullhead...

How to flash:

1. Here are stock images extracted from 8.1.0 (OPM1.171019.011, Dec 2017)

** Flash them via fastboot.

2. ROM Link will be shared on AICP Download site: aicp_bullhead_o-13.1-NIGHTLY-20171225.zip

3. GAPPS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-6G5EMvP20szi1DCA1hUIZyZiVGioc14

*** GAPPS are custom GAPPS with included Ok Google fix inside... Special thanx to @razorloves

*** They persists between dirty flashes, so no need to flash on every dirty flash..

4. Magisk 14.0: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4264562&d=1504715861

** Updated Link: My GDrive

** Persists between dirty flashes. No need to flash on every dirty flash.

FULL WIPE is MANDATORY.

Awaiting feedbacks as always :)

Enjoy :)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Starting with March 7th Nightly, you'll need to update your stock images (bootloader, vendor and radio) to the latest 8.1.0 (OPM3.171019.016, Mar 2018) release:

Factory Images for flashing via FASTBOOT:

Starting with March 7th Nightly: Current: 8.1.0 (OPM3.171019.016, Mar 2018)

Previous (Including March 6th Nightly): 8.1.0 (OPM3.171019.014, Feb 2018)

Enjoy :)
    Reserved

Factory Images for flashing via FASTBOOT:

Starting with Dec 11th Weekly: Current: 8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018)

Including Dec 4th Weekly: Previous: 8.1.0 (OPM7.181105.004, Nov 2018)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

How to get my Fi Project SIM Discovered ? all credits goes to @flashblue. Please go and thank him :)

I'd suggest these steps to get your Project Fi SIM discovered:

1. Go to post #1 and install the ROM completely following the instructions.
    2. Setup your phone, but skip the window about inserting the SIM card.
    3. When your phone is setup (it will be without Fi service) go to settings and choose security.
    4. Make sure you select "none" as the security option. You don't want a pin for sure.
    5. Reboot into "Recovery" and follow the steps in post #1 to install the ROM and Vendor image.
    6. Your phone should boot normally and discover the Fi SIM card.

As you can see from my post count I am new at helping anyone. Hopefully I did this right:)