[ROM][CAF][9.0] RevengeOS [UNOFFICIAL][HLTE/CHN/KOR/TMO]

Search This thread

Bogdan010

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVcpMssw.png

RevengeOS is an aftermarket firmware based on CAF (CodeAurora). We are dedicated to fast, stable and minimal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code; Hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at RevengeOS GitHub.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us

Disclaimer: While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in Telegram Group

Download ROM here for your device!

DOWNLOAD ROM HLTE

Other variants: SOON

Steps:

- Download the ROM (of course)

- Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery(optional)

- Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)

- Flash RevengeOS Package

- Flash GApps [ARM - 9.0 - Nano] (Optional)

- Wipe cache! -And at last Reboot!

[First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
[url]https://goo.gl/UcTM9[/URL] and [url]https://goo.gl/J4CSEP[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
RevengeOS 2.5 CAF Galaxy Note 3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
Bogdan010, jprimero15
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/revengeos[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware
Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2019-08-19
Last Updated 2019-08-19

Last edited:

advaithk

May 26, 2014
Bangalore
Motorola One Fusion+

Hey Bogdan010! Thanks for the ROM and screenshots.

How is this different from an AOSP ROM (HavocOS, RR, etc.)? I read up that CAF has better compatibility with Snapdragon hardware, so would this ROM be better than an AOSP one?

Also, is Bluetooth calling fixed here, or will we have to flash the bt-call-fix-hlte.zip file?

P.S.: I have a SM-N9005 running RR-P-v7.0.2-20190605-hlte-Official at the moment, and am planning to clean flash and update to HavocOS, so if this ROM has better compatibility, I'd rather test this one out.

Last edited:

Bogdan010

Hey Bogdan010! Thanks for the ROM and screenshots. How is this different from an AOSP ROM (HavocOS, RR, etc.)?
I read up that CAF has better compatibility with Snapdragon hardware, so would this ROM be better than an AOSP one? Also, is Bluetooth calling fixed here, or will we have to flash the bt-call-fix-hlte.zip file?

Ok...
First: The main developer of this ROM is @jprimero15 (he told me to create this thread and i said "ok, i'll do it") so thank him!
Second: CAF based ROMs has a better compatibility with snapdragon SoC-s (as you said) but it's not very customizable (like Havoc)
Third: I tried BT calling and it works in this ROM. Miracast works too but sound comes from phone speaker (not TV) [this option is still in beta stage because google killed miracast in pie]
Peace out! :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: snapdrag0n01

advaithk

May 26, 2014
Bangalore
Motorola One Fusion+
Ok...
First: The main developer of this ROM is @jprimero15 (he told me to create this thread and i said "ok, i'll do it") so thank him!
Second: CAF based ROMs has a better compatibility with snapdragon SoC-s (as you said) but it's not very customizable (like Havoc)
Third: I tried BT calling and it works in this ROM. Miracast works too but sound comes from phone speaker (not TV) [this option is still in beta stage because google killed miracast in pie]
Peace out! :fingers-crossed:

Firstly, A thanks is in order then, Thanks jprimero15!
Secondly, by better compatibility you mean better battery life, efficiency etc.? So basically if I want a solid ROM with less customisation I go with this, am I understanding this correctly? Xposed and stuff won't work, I'm guessing?
Thirdly, The casting bit I understand, no worries, I read all about how google killed it off.

Thanks for replying and setting things straight though, Bogdan010. :D

Bogdan010

Firstly, A thanks is in order then, Thanks jprimero15!
Secondly, by better compatibility you mean better battery life, efficiency etc.? So basically if I want a solid ROM with less customisation I go with this, am I understanding this correctly? Xposed and stuff won't work, I'm guessing?
Thirdly, The casting bit I understand, no worries, I read all about how google killed it off.

Thanks for replying and setting things straight though, Bogdan010. :D

with better compatibility i mean is fast, really fast. On the battery side, i don't know at the moment because i flashed some ROMs these days and charging was a priority:)

advaithk

May 26, 2014
Bangalore
Motorola One Fusion+
Alright, that sounds amazing. I'll test and report if any issues arise. :)

Running perfectly for the past couple of hours.

• Really love the smoothness of the ROM in all the menus, especially the scrolling; before I always got that slight stutter in RR and Pixel Experience while scrolling through anything.
  • Google Pay also works after installing Magisk. On another hand though, BHIM, the banking app we use in India is giving me a false positive saying the device is rooted, even without installing Magisk, but not much of a problem, it's an Indian government-made app so it sucks lol, had this issue with RR also (and it randomly got solved, but whatever)
  • Bluetooth calling works out of the box without flashing any extra zips. Music also works with no disconnection (I was able to test only for a few minutes though)
  • Specifically love that little lightning icon that appears when the phone is charging rapidly.
  • Battery life seems to be similar to all other Pie ROMs, but yet to test extensively. Will get back with results in a couple of days.
  • The in-built customisation options are slightly limited, unlike the other AOSP ROMs, but its still enough I feel, not considering the below clock suggestion.

Everything seems pretty stable, will be using this for the next week, and will post if any issues.

One small thing, I would like the ability to move the clock in the status bar from the left to the middle. Would that be possible? Or is there a Magisk module that could help me with the same?

Reactions: YorYo10

Bogdan010

advaithk

May 26, 2014
Bangalore
Motorola One Fusion+
RevengeOS is very limited in terms of customizations and this option doesn't exist in settings. I couldn't find any module to do this but i've found a post https://www.xda-developers.com/status-bar-clock-tweaks-android-p-root/amp/ (give it a shot)

Okay cool, I'll check it out and holler back.
Just one more small thing, do you think it would be possible to enable the flip cover to put the phone to sleep? I still use the original samsung cover, and it's slightly irritating to press the power button everytime. The phone wakes up when I open the cover though, so maybe its possible the other way around also? Just maybe :p

Thanks a lot for your quick replies, Bogdan010 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bogdan010

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Okay cool, I'll check it out and holler back.
Just one more small thing, do you think it would be possible to enable the flip cover to put the phone to sleep? I still use the original samsung cover, and it's slightly irritating to press the power button everytime. The phone wakes up when I open the cover though, so maybe its possible the other way around also? Just maybe :p

Thanks a lot for your quick replies, Bogdan010 :D

I think @jprimero15 has removed because it cause issue, if i remember correctly...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVcpMssw.png

RevengeOS is an aftermarket firmware based on CAF (CodeAurora). We are dedicated to fast, stable and minimal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code; Hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at RevengeOS GitHub.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us

Disclaimer: While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in Telegram Group

Download ROM here for your device!

DOWNLOAD ROM HLTE

Other variants: SOON

Steps:

- Download the ROM (of course)

- Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery(optional)

- Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)

- Flash RevengeOS Package

- Flash GApps [ARM - 9.0 - Nano] (Optional)

- Wipe cache! -And at last Reboot!

[First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
    Clean Flash is always recommended!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
    [url]https://goo.gl/UcTM9[/URL] and [url]https://goo.gl/J4CSEP[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    RevengeOS 2.5 CAF Galaxy Note 3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    Bogdan010, jprimero15
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/revengeos[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2019-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    Here's the actual customizations
    https://imgur.com/a/G7F2MZX
    Im quite new to XDA

I tested Havoc OS and Resurrection Remix both Android Pie on my Note 3 N9005 and I decided to give this ROM a chance. They said this ROM is the most compatible and "well-played" on Qualcomm hardware and I can agree on that. Tested on Geekbench 3 and the before and after ROM usage is remarkable! On Resurrection Remix the single core score is 800-899 (by range) and multi core is 2200-2899(also in this range) and Revenge OS single core is 938-950 and mult core is 3000-3399 (within this range). This is a good improvement on performance. Now... Talks about battery life. Revenge OS scores longer life than Resurrection Remix

Gaming
    Tested games
    -Mobile Legends Bang Bang
    -PUBG Mobile
    -Lifeafter
    -Call Of Duty Mobile

All games are on high FPS and except for COD Mobile because the FPS is set to Medium and no more higher.
    All games shows great performance on long gameplays
    Heat? Its normal for a Note 3 to produce heat while on gaming

Battery life on gaming
    -PUBG Mobile drains the battery quicker

Connectivity speed
    -Average 4G LTE Cat. 4 speed

Customization
    -Lacks power menu access function on hardware button (both RR and Havoc have this option)
    -As expected... Closest to stock Android customizations (way less customization vs RR and Havoc)

Recommended root
    -Magisk v20.0 (because it is systemless and have the ability to hide root)

Recommended custom Kernel
    -Lolz v10 kernel (as this is the only kernel that I found compatible on Android Pie 9.0

Recommended kernel manager app
    -Kernel Adiutor (ROOT)

MY OVERALL REVIEW
    -Yes this ROM can compete with Havoc and RR OS (if you dont need too much customization tho) It played with Qualcomm hardwares very nicely when it comes to performance and stability. Definitely WORTH A TRY.

Suggestion on what to add to this ROM
    -Power menu access from the hardware button action customization (as it would be nice for the power button-less folks out there

Thats all from me and some of these test result will not applied to everyone.