[ROM][Candy5][5.1+][CM12.1][4K Video Recording][GSM|VZW|SPR][m9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

n3m35155

Jul 21, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Anyone having issues with native wifi tether? Mine stops working after a few minutes even though it is still switched on.
Clients attached show connection, but no internet access.

EDIT: Upon further testing, it happens when the screen turns off.
Once it the clients no longer have internet access through the tether, turning the screen on at the M9 will allow connection to resume.
I have tried using apps that keep the CPU awake and apps that keep wifi in a wake lock state. It still does it.
This leads me to think it's something turning off the mobile data connection.
I have reloaded the rom from clean install + 64 bit gapps and loaded no apps other than the ones I just mentioned for testing.

Edit2: further testing shows its happening with any cm ROM.
Streaming apps on the attached clients only. Google music, YouTube, Pandora etc.

Last edited:

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
So I just did a fresh install with this Rom on Cricket wireless, all apn information is correct but can't download any mms messages. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

check your settings->about-> and verify your 'current username' (should be in e-mail address format) and phone number or MDN are correct. These are 2 things that (last time i tried this rom anyhow) get wiped for Sprint users and would prevent MMS downloads despite correct APN settings. Does calling out work fine?

Toumbski

Nov 18, 2014
Druten
Realme GT
My battery when fully loaded loses percentage even during charging. Before sleeping its 100% the morning after 80%. Any idea to resolve this?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One M9 met Tapatalk

wickedmx

Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
My battery when fully loaded loses percentage even during charging. Before sleeping its 100% the morning after 80%. Any idea to resolve this?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One M9 met Tapatalk

Oh, that same thing happened to me too! You need a new charger. You'll see. Its 100% unrelated to the ROM.

I had the same problem and tracked it down to the fact I'd modified Entropy and enabled "apply on boot" in Kernel Adiutor. I found the process "hwrng" was running constantly at about 15-20% CPU. As soon as I reset the values to their default and disable apply on boot, CPU and battery usage went back to normal.

Hope this helps you guys too.

Zimpah

Aug 8, 2015
CANT INSTALL new rom

i've tried 5 times, and every time i swipe to install, recovery simply restarts. nothing happens. anyone? i've been running 3.9 (had to change trustzone to 00115) but installing was fine for the last 3 versions. now this one just wont install... any input??????

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
i've tried 5 times, and every time i swipe to install, recovery simply restarts. nothing happens. anyone? i've been running 3.9 (had to change trustzone to 00115) but installing was fine for the last 3 versions. now this one just wont install... any input??????

I would download the zip again. I had a problem initially as well where the v4 zip kept getting stuck at "patching system image unconditionally" and would sit there indefinitely unless I force rebooted the phone. Downloading it again with a different browser resolved it for me.

Zimpah

Aug 8, 2015
forget it, user error...

i just needed to restart twrp, i had taken my sd card out and put it back. the phone didnt have the right version available because it needs to restart to correctly see the contents of the sd card.

I would download the zip again. I had a problem initially as well where the v4 zip kept getting stuck at "patching system image unconditionally" and would sit there indefinitely unless I force rebooted the phone. Downloading it again with a different browser resolved it for me.

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

ok, so the new ROM (4.0) is good but...

immediately AOSP CM Keyboard crashes and is not usable. if you dont have another keyboard option you have to start all over again. you cant type in order to search and download another keyboard... it continues to repeat the CM keyboard has failed message over and over, every time you need to type anything, despite disabling aosp CM keyboard in the settings, despite getting google keyboard, despite enabling google keyboard as the primary keyboard.

that's my only issue so far. thanks guys!!

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

also, wallpapers are pretty non-existent. after data wipe, there are only like 2 options. not a big deal, but maybe you could include a few more lollipop wallpapers for us??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

CandySiX
    Is now available!!! See thread here!

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @timmytim @Bx16 @Saatvik Shukla @abbychauhan @javelinanddart @calebcabob @nospamdan @Men_in_black007
    @repl1ca

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    Device Tree/Kernel Source

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES