[ROM][Candy5][Android 5.0.2][Lollipop][m4]

Search This thread

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of diffferent Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16

qy9e6u4u.jpg

Will be up shortly. We are still in transition from CK

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
Candy Interface
Custom navigation bar
Battery Percent
Recents Panel Options
Clock and Date Options
Wake Options
Rotation 360 degrees
Custom Notification Lights
Lockscreen Notifications Per App
IME options from 4.4+
Disable Ime selector
Gestures anywhere
Dark Candy5 ROM option
Battery Saver mode coloring
Custom system animations
Full Sweetner Pack compatible
Battery bar
Theme Engine
Visual improvements
ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
Download 5.0.+ Gapps (optional)
Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
Flash Candy5.zip
Flash Gapps
Flash SuperSu zip (optional)
Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

*Candy5

* Gapps
Or use 5.0.0 Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
Sources:

CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
LiquidSmooth

XWkqU3e.png

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
Candy5, ROM for the HTC One Mini

Contributors
Flashalot
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.8.0

Created 2014-12-07
Last Updated 2017-03-25

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
Great, glad to see LP on our mini ... The rom is smooth and Stable.
Big thanks to the developer

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: rafmohr

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
Update: After allowing the phone to settle and updates Apps ran into quite an issue. Google Play Services crashes non-stop. Hangouts crashes when attempting to open any conversation type. Essentially 9/10 apps failed within a few minutes or immediate usage. I did all the obvious things like clear cache, reboot, clear delvik, reboot, etc. Even non-dependant apps like XDA were crashing. Its a really good start. Lollipop looks beautiful. I really cant wait for this to be a daily driver. Went back to CM11-M12.

I did back it up after it was installed so if you need any version numbers etc I can hop back into it and help you debug some things.

Just installed this. Everything regarding the install went fine. Am currently restoring apps but will keep this thread updated on how everything goes, usage, bugs, etc.

One Mini, S-OFF, Hboot 2.21, Unlocked, ATT

Last edited:

rsiddall3130

Oct 9, 2013
I flashed according to directions listed above and it installed fine.

My problem is that I couldn't make phone calls. I could receive calls but if I tried calling out, I got a "call not sent" error. I was able to get it working off and on by removing/reinserting my sim card (T-Mobile) and forcing it to register with the network.

I noticed it became more sluggish over the day and like someone else mentioned, some of the apps would either fc or android would restart completely.

It's beautiful when it's working....I'm definitely onboard once it's ready! :fingers-crossed::good:

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
I flashed according to directions listed above and it installed fine.

My problem is that I couldn't make phone calls. I could receive calls but if I tried calling out, I got a "call not sent" error. I was able to get it working off and on by removing/reinserting my sim card (T-Mobile) and forcing it to register with the network.

I noticed it became more sluggish over the day and like someone else mentioned, some of the apps would either fc or android would restart completely.

It's beautiful when it's working....I'm definitely onboard once it's ready! :fingers-crossed::good:
call not sent is cm 12 based rom issue . ;)

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
Update: After allowing the phone to settle and updates Apps ran into quite an issue. Google Play Services crashes non-stop. Hangouts crashes when attempting to open any conversation type. Essentially 9/10 apps failed within a few minutes or immediate usage. I did all the obvious things like clear cache, reboot, clear delvik, reboot, etc. Even non-dependant apps like XDA were crashing. Its a really good start. Lollipop looks beautiful. I really cant wait for this to be a daily driver. Went back to CM11-M12.

I did back it up after it was installed so if you need any version numbers etc I can hop back into it and help you debug some things.

Just installed this. Everything regarding the install went fine. Am currently restoring apps but will keep this thread updated on how everything goes, usage, bugs, etc.

One Mini, S-OFF, Hboot 2.21, Unlocked, ATT

i didn't had FC on google play service and hangout works fine for me after a clean install, try to do clean istall with 2.8.1.1 TWRP recovry and report ;) ... i will retry from my side too

sausje85

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks, going to try this :D
Defo can't wait for stable version (and hopefully the sense version after some months) :D

Edit: yep, rebooting and slowdowns already happening 1 hour after installing.

Last edited:

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
i didn't had FC on google play service and hangout works fine for me after a clean install, try to do clean istall with 2.8.1.1 TWRP recovry and report ;) ... i will retry from my side too

Uh...What makes you think I didn't do a clean install? Wiped everything three times in a row. Formatted data even before I installed. Including internal storage. And my TWRP is the latest.

I understand you supposedly don't have issues, however a poster above me confirms he/she also suffered from FCs all over the place and calls not being sent.

I don't really think your post adds anything to the conversation. If you're having zero problems it would be better to inform us of how you achieved that end result rather than assuming my install wasn't clean.

This is not my first rodeo. I've been at this since the first Gnex. So when I see posts that make assumptions and don't actually add to the conversation and go against what the trending census appears to be I get a little sensitive.

You're clearly in the minority as more have reported so far of having problems with FCs and calls not sending than not.

So give us your setup. Give us the steps you took when installing to receive the same end result. Rather than making baseless assumptions and adding noise to the thread.

Last edited:

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
hello Mattplo my intention was to help, I'm not a pro . you are a little aggressive in your reply.
so the steps are :
Flash Candy5.zip
wipe cache and dalvik cache.
reboot the phone
after first boot flash Gapps.
One Mini, S-OFF, Hboot 2.22, Unlocked.

here is a vid from my phone while testing hangout and xda

Sent from my One Mini using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
@malikou, I understand your intention was to help. However it was anything but helpful. Let's keep the assumptions to a low.

Your install procedure it identical for the most part as mine. However I also wiped internal storage and moved over the files via ADB and md5sum them. Obviously I did factory reset x3 and then manually wiped x3. As this is IMO the best way to do things. Its a bit anal but ice been around a long time and this method never fails to get a good wipe.

Might I remind you that this ROM worked flawlessly. Until I allowed apps to upgrade. I.e. Google Play Services, Maps, Hangouts etc.

This is when things began to fail miserably. After the updates.

I then proceeded to wipe cache(in storage) reboot to recovery, wipe dlvik wipe cache, reboot. Same end result. Apps are no stable. Calls can not be made along with the camera being really underperforming.

I'm glad you've managed to install a flawlessly working system, however others of us can't.

Did you update google play services? Maps, hangouts etc

Last edited:

rsiddall3130

Oct 9, 2013
hello Mattplo my intention was to help, I'm not a pro . you are a little aggressive in your reply.
so the steps are :
Flash Candy5.zip
wipe cache and dalvik cache.
reboot the phone
after first boot flash Gapps.
One Mini, S-OFF, Hboot 2.22, Unlocked.

here is a vid from my phone while testing hangout and xda

Sent from my One Mini using XDA Free mobile app

Did you flash SuperSU and at what step of the process?
Also, what version of GAPPS did you use?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
I used Gapps from the first poste, and flash SuperSU via twrp after installing gapps.

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Free mobile app

Did you update your devices applications, including, Play Store, Play Services etc, and then try to use your phone normally? Further more are you able to make phone calls via native dialer without them failing?

You seem to have some unicorn install that others can't obtain. Or you're not exactly being genuine.

On a straight clean install this rom works perfectly. Minus the outgoing cals issue which is just a known fact/bug. However once the user updates key components like Google Play Services, The App store, etc everything goes to ****.

Last edited:

gazleyp

May 1, 2009
Manchester
lolipop

Have just installed as per OP and so far so good not yet experiencing call or fc problems,I noticed that the phone was like starting with a new out of the box once the ROM was installed so I think if you don't get this you need to re do a CLEAN install.
Thanks for the work and delivering this ROM
I will update if I get issues but nso far all is looking good

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
Have just installed as per OP and so far so good not yet experiencing call or fc problems,I noticed that the phone was like starting with a new out of the box once the ROM was installed so I think if you don't get this you need to re do a CLEAN install.
Thanks for the work and delivering this ROM
I will update if I get issues but nso far all is looking good

Really....so you dint actually read the thread. You just like the last guy, jumped "du clean install makes world perfect!!111 great ROM!!!111"

Allow me to reiterate: Advaned wipe+delvik, cache, system, data, internal storage. Now rinse and repeat that twice which should equate to 3xs.

Now for added benefit I did "Format Data", twice. I then porceesed to move over Candy5 ROM with the gapps linked to directly from parents thread.

Installed all three back to back. ROM first, flash gapps, flash susperu. Then wipe delvik cache along with cache and reboot.

Now mind you, I moved all these files over ADB once I was fully formatted and then ran an md5sum against them to match. They matched flawlessly.

End result = unstable applications after updating play services and play store. These apps range from Instagram to XDA, from Maps to Hangouts. And native call dialer doesn't work.

Noe I'm sure the next post will ve some other random stoog saying " omg! ROM works so well!!!11 do Clean install perfect!!!". Or something to that affect.

But thanks anyway.

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
Really....so you dint actually read the thread. You just like the last guy, jumped "du clean install makes world perfect!!111 great ROM!!!111"

Allow me to reiterate: Advaned wipe+delvik, cache, system, data, internal storage. Now rinse and repeat that twice which should equate to 3xs.

Now for added benefit I did "Format Data", twice. I then porceesed to move over Candy5 ROM with the gapps linked to directly from parents thread.

Installed all three back to back. ROM first, flash gapps, flash susperu. Then wipe delvik cache along with cache and reboot.

Now mind you, I moved all these files over ADB once I was fully formatted and then ran an md5sum against them to match. They matched flawlessly.

End result = unstable applications after updating play services and play store. These apps range from Instagram to XDA, from Maps to Hangouts. And native call dialer doesn't work.

Noe I'm sure the next post will ve some other random stoog saying " omg! ROM works so well!!!11 do Clean install perfect!!!". Or something to that affect.

But thanks anyway.

Would you be so kind as to provide a logcat? Of unsure how easiest way is catlog app

m8 running official candy5 beta

mattplo

Aug 18, 2010
The Empire
Would you be so kind as to provide a logcat? Of unsure how easiest way is catlog app

m8 running official candy5 beta

I really don't mind hopping back into Candy5 for a short time to get some stats. However I rely on double tap yo wake and I use my back button(long press=go to sleep, don't be tap back key components=recent, double tap home =menu, tap home =home, long press home =google now.

Seeing as candy5 doesn't allow me to do any of that due to no exposed installer. Until these are implemented Candy5 won't be my daily driver. But I will hop in and out of it for testing. Oh and capacitive logo button support+overclocking would be a dream come true. I'd ditch CM in a heartbeat.

EmSeeMAC

Jul 7, 2013
Houston, TX
I really don't mind hopping back into Candy5 for a short time to get some stats. However I rely on double tap yo wake and I use my back button(long press=go to sleep, don't be tap back key components=recent, double tap home =menu, tap home =home, long press home =google now.

Seeing as candy5 doesn't allow me to do any of that due to no exposed installer. Until these are implemented Candy5 won't be my daily driver. But I will hop in and out of it for testing. Oh and capacitive logo button support+overclocking would be a dream come true. I'd ditch CM in a heartbeat.

It's not that Candy5 doesn't support xposed module, but XPOSED MODULE DOES NOT SUPPORT ANDROID 5.0.

Reactions: rc420head

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of diffferent Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16

qy9e6u4u.jpg

Will be up shortly. We are still in transition from CK

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Candy Interface
    Custom navigation bar
    Battery Percent
    Recents Panel Options
    Clock and Date Options
    Wake Options
    Rotation 360 degrees
    Custom Notification Lights
    Lockscreen Notifications Per App
    IME options from 4.4+
    Disable Ime selector
    Gestures anywhere
    Dark Candy5 ROM option
    Battery Saver mode coloring
    Custom system animations
    Full Sweetner Pack compatible
    Battery bar
    Theme Engine
    Visual improvements
    ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
    Download 5.0.+ Gapps (optional)
    Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
    Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    Flash Candy5.zip
    Flash Gapps
    Flash SuperSu zip (optional)
    Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

*Candy5

* Gapps
    Or use 5.0.0 Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
    The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

XWkqU3e.png

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy5, ROM for the HTC One Mini

Contributors
    Flashalot
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.8.0

Created 2014-12-07
    Last Updated 2017-03-25
    We are doing a major clean up/redo of code to bring our users the best possible experience, we hope to have new builds in no more than 2 weeks.

CandyRoms Maintainer
    Update is out
    CandyRoms Maintainer
    Android Lollipop is designed to run on low end developing countries handsetsm

I'm on the latest version. Seems kinda laggy. Is it because the device is too slow for Lollipop or is it the ROM?
    Also having random reboots here.
    I have to enter my PIN code on boot twice with ~15 second interval.
    And the battery certainly drains faster than on the stock ROM which can be a problem since the battery life isn't very good on m4 overall.

Android Lollipop is designed to run on low end developing countries handsets. And by low end we are talking 512MB RAM. Candyd5 lagginess and other issues has absolutely zero to do with AOSP Lollipop Base Code, Please try to remember that Candy5 is based off CM12 with a few modifications. Most of the bugs you are seeing and/devolving performance is directly inherited from CM12 upstream Code Base.

The same complaints you are hearing in these forums regarding Candy5 are being echoed across most CM12 based ROMS/Threads, They will be in fixed in due time. But by CM, and when they get around to it,
    Update is out

CandyRoms Maintainer
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone