• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]Candy7 G3-d85x, ls990, vs985 AOSP-Caf

Search This thread

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
Bluetooth

Hi , I've just stumbled across this rom and wondered if Bluetooth calls work in the car on the LS990 . I've yet to discover a nougat rom that does . Media works but not the phone . So far I've tried , Lineage , Vanir , Validus , Tesla, Tipsy and RR and on two different LS990's it's the same , no phone and an empty battery indicator . playing music works fine . Can anyone with an LS990 confirm if it does or does not please ? Thanks

Landloord

Feb 28, 2014
Accra
Afh download issues

I get "access denied whenever I click on the download link in the second post. I think it's got something to do with who is permitted to view the files on anfroidfilehost. Please I want to download

Excavator2015

Jan 25, 2016
I am in need of a D85x tester. Must be able to grab logs if need be... Must have a sim... Message me

I will test again :D! The last test turned out fine after I left the stock kernel alone and flashed it with gapps and the system. And of course magisks. Lol BTW, it won't let me send you a message thru here.

Excavator2015

Jan 25, 2016
There is a D850 build in the folder now.. Test to see if your Sim is recognized
Will do, flashing everything stock. I'll d.l and flash after work, I work until noon today. So around 1:00pm my time. Thanks man.

* OK, I flashed everything stock. Everything is working fine, including the Sim Card! Good job man!

Last edited:
Reactions: kdp162

tristan6100

Jul 31, 2011
Montreal
There is a D850 build in the folder now.. Test to see if your Sim is recognized

Hey kdp, I just installed the lastest candy7 on my brand new d852 and it is running amazing. However, I was wondering whether you have a kernel build that supports undervolting. The current kernel is from lineage os (candy7 stock) and it is running stabke and smooth, but the battery life seems a bit low. Adding undervolting options could really help me extend the battery life and cool down the device without affecting performance.

Thanks for your great work :)

kdp162

Feb 13, 2012
Essential Phone
OnePlus 7T
Hey kdp, I just installed the lastest candy7 on my brand new d852 and it is running amazing. However, I was wondering whether you have a kernel build that supports undervolting. The current kernel is from lineage os (candy7 stock) and it is running stabke and smooth, but the battery life seems a bit low. Adding undervolting options could really help me extend the battery life and cool down the device without affecting performance.

Thanks for your great work :)
Sorry, i don't.. I haven't owned the device in over a yr now so it makes doing kernel work pretty hard.. Besides 7.1 is pretty much dead.. I'll keep pushing it the patches until I get O sorted out which I hope is very soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @rohitporoli @Venomtester

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    • Recents:
      • Multi-window
      • OmniSwitch
      • Immersive mode
      • Clear all button
      • Memory bar
      • Slim Recents option
    • Advanced power menu:
      • On The Go Mode
      • Screen record
      • Adjustable dialog background shade
      • Sound panel
    • Expanded desktop
    • Lockscreen:
      • Battery charging current overlay
      • Adjustable shortcuts
      • Weather (OmniJaws)
    • Statusbar settings:
      • Ticker (disable heads up when in use)
      • Weather panel
      • Clock/battery configuration
      • Traffic indicators
      • Quick settings tile config
      • Immersive messages
      • Force expanded notifications
      • Carrier label
      • Tap to sleep
    • Buttons settings:
      • Long-press/double-tap actions
      • Volume rocker
      • Playback control
      • Volume key answer
      • Disable HW keys
      • Pie control
    • Navigation bar:
      • Adjust colors
      • Smartbar/fling
      • Pulse
    • Screenshots:
      • 3 finger
      • Adjust framing
    • LawnChair
    • OMS/Substratum support
    • Dialer/calls:
      • Proximity speakerphone
      • Call blocking
    • OnePlusDoze:
      • Pick up mode
      • Hand wave mode
      • Pocket mode

More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 7.1.2 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash Candy7.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous Candy7 release
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash Candy7.zip
    4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:
    1. Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hastebin.com, showing the failure.
    2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
    -Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

Looking to become a Device Maintainer for Candy? Read more about the requirements of Device Managers HERE.
    OK guys, first off I would like to apologize for leaving this Rom in a sort of disarray for the past couple couple weeks. We have been busy with some major features, setting up a gerrit, I have a new job and will be starting school in a couple weeks(yes I'm 35 but better late than never when it comes to a college education)

With a that said we are working hard to squash the few major bugs like dialer on the 851, no button settings on g3, and most importantly the random reboots some are experiencing.

Now I have some good news and some bad news(or good news and better news depending on how much you dislike me) I am retiring as the official g3 maintainer, now I will still be heavily involved with CandyRoms, will still build the official releases for g3 and will poke around the thread still.

I am handing things over to @Yoshi_Guy you may have seen him around lately or remember him from TurboRom. He joined the candy team a little while ago and has been a great addition. So any concerns or questions you have can be directed to him from this point on. Anyways it's late and I'm tired. I'll see you guys around.
    Lots of goodies for next release., lockscreen wallpaper/blur, soft key coloring, unlink notification volume. Few other small things. I'll probably release early in the weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    be9apenu.jpg

See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns. Thanks!

ROM:
    Candy7

GAPPS
    NOTE: You need to use GApps that are compatible with your Android version (7.1.1, 7.1.2,etc.). Beans Dynamic GApps are recommended for now.
    Beanstown106's Dynamic GApps
    Open GApps (Pico recommended due to included packages)
    ( DEPRECATED: "Normal" BaNks Dynamic GApps)
    Flashed Resurrection Remix today... Skype works fine.. No issues whatsoever.. I don't know if anyone else in CandySiX is having the same issues,, but I had no luck with Skype.. RR seems to be working well with Skype and other video calling apps.. Hope the dev will fix it.. Miss CandySiX..
    Most likely because we haven't updated this in a few weeks. The source this ROM was built from is dead in a way. We have been working super hard to bring something a lot more stable. And easier to work with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk