• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CandySix][T6-Variants]

Search This thread

vipergtsam

Apr 12, 2011
Louisiana
I used to flash phones myself and have noticed that the newer devices work much better with sense roms or whatever came stock on them. I'm not trying to steer you away from any roms here but usually things work much better after new android versions become more stable.
Yeah Lol I'm always flashing different ROMs still haven't found the one I like yet

spikeekips

Dec 10, 2008
Pittsburg
I installed this clean on my Sprint One Max a few days ago and it worked really well. Only problem I found was that I couldn't send text messages, I could receive them but not send. I tried the included Messaging client , as well as Textra but neither would send . Just kept getting the message "Can't send message with Sprint error -1 "
I also couldn't use the recommended Gapps as once installed the Setup kept running and force closing. I ended up using Open Gapps for 6.0 roms. Any suggestions about the text problem? It was the only deal breaker when I was running this Rom. Otherwise I really liked it, having only been able to run it for a few hours .
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

transmaniacon

Nov 11, 2007
Belfast
Any suggestions about the text problem? It was the only deal breaker when I was running this Rom. Otherwise I really liked it, having only been able to run it for a few hours .
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Could the SMS problem be anything to do with the Service center number in the settings?

transmaniacon

Nov 11, 2007
Belfast
I don't know how to check that or what it should be. Any suggestions where to find the info?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the Sprint version of roms as I'm on the international model ,but if you go to Messages > settings > Text messages (SMS) > Service center there'll be a number something like +1xxxxxxx ,do a Google search to see if that number is correct. This is just a shot in the dark suggestion.

ChicagoTripp

Aug 30, 2008
Chicago
Here is my experience on my Sprint phone.
I found this phone to have all the elements that I liked to have in a ROM. Being Beta there are some issues.

*No audio or video playback by Bluetooth from any app.
*Camera crashes after 1 photo, now. I had no problems in the beginning.
*Phone used to crash on incoming phone calls but that was resolved by fixing my memory card.
*Outgoing text messages are possible only by using Google voice and Hangouts. Otherwise, MMS outgoing is not possible at all unless the receiver is configured to receive messages by Hangouts.
*Android Pay can't be installed.

Things I had to do to enable some functionality with this ROM.

*USB tethering using ClockWorkMod Tether
*USB-OTG write access using StickMount
*Multi-email account from 1 app using CloudMagic
*TV programmable remote functionality using Smart IR Remote - AnyMote
*Printing by Google Cloud Print and Brother Print Service Plugin
*File management using FX.

Now, I want to conclude with more positive impressions and my debug logs. The navigation was highly accurate. This is very important because I do Lyft on the side. Audio and video playback from my speakers are first rate. I love the Layers Manager. I purchased the Magpie layer and choose the inverted translucent style. I think I will post the logs in my next post.

Last edited:

ChicagoTripp

Aug 30, 2008
Chicago
Sprint Variant Logs

I hope the attachment works. I'm sending this from my phone using Firefox Beta.

Attachments

• dmesg_03.txt
    123 KB · Views: 21
  • last_kmsg_03.txt
    325.2 KB · Views: 17

barrr

Aug 18, 2005
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Great Rom. The first one in such a long time that connects my cell in a few seconds after turning off Flight M . Cyanogenmod would take 2-3 minutes to connect cell and data.
But unlike Candy 5 cell reception seems weak, the indicator shows a small triangle, just like in Cyan. g.m Roms. Candy 5 was much better. This does not effect reception, at least I don't feel it does.
I also noticed a conflict between BT and cell data , when running in the Gym with my BT headset listening to Youtube, youtube stops playing. I had that happen in other Roms too.
Thanks, for a great Rom.

March 2, 2016 update

Answering phone calls: Candy 6 - answers immediately, no delay after pressing "answer". This used to be a huge problem in previous Rom's like Candy 5 and Cyangenmod. I used to reset 3-4 times a day after getting stuck in this answering loop.

BT connection in my car is a bit shaky, sometimes.

Solution for that:
Turn phone BT off, then On again.
If Car BT does not auto connect once more just reconnect it manually.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect System.

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Folks I have recently remodeled our new house & finally have gotten moved into it. Sorry for my absence lately but my home is always my priority. Now we have our internet back on & have moved into the home so I will start updating my roms soon. I do have some more minor work to complete around here but I'll make time to get your devices back on track. Thanks for being so patient.

ChicagoTripp

Aug 30, 2008
Chicago
Sprint Variant: CandySiX-1.1-t6spr-OFFICIAL-0222

Here is my update using the CandySiX-1.1-t6spr-OFFICIAL-0222 ROM. Before this I had used the ROM CandySiX-beta-t6spr-OFFICIAL-0118. This time my report isn't as cheerful as my last report. Even the change is more regressive this time it shows progress, because change is always good.

*Mainly because the signal strength was extremely weak. It kept losing connection. Data was more reliable than voice.
*No audio or video at all. Except I was able to have both work from MX Player Pro.
*Camera and Video throws up an error message from any program that uses the camera and video.
*I receive no phone calls. If I was able to receive calls, I would not be able to hear them as any sound will not work unless I use the MX Player Pro to play the sounds.
*I can't make any phone calls, unless I use Hangouts Dialer while I'm connected by WiFi because the mobile data is too unstable to use.
*Incoming and Outgoing text messages are possible only by using Google voice and Hangouts. Otherwise, MMS outgoing is not possible at all unless the receiver is configured to receive messages by Hangouts.
*Youtube will not play as it complains of not being able to connect to the server, regardless if it is connected to the internet by WiFi.

Things I had to do to enable some functionality with this ROM.

*USB tethering using ClockWorkMod Tether
*USB-OTG write access using StickMount
*Multi-email account from 1 app using CloudMagic
*TV programmable remote functionality using Smart IR Remote - AnyMote
*Printing by Google Cloud Print and Brother Print Service Plugin
*File management using FX.
*The sound is great when played from MX Player Pro.

The navigation remained highly accurate. Surprising considering how weak my signal is with this ROM. Audio and video playback from my speakers are first rate. I love the Layers Manager. I will post the screenshots and logs in my next post.

Reactions: barrr

ChicagoTripp

Aug 30, 2008
Chicago
Here are my error screenshots. uploadfromtaptalk1458441931665.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458441942664.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458441951312.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458441960326.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458441969036.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458441981871.jpg

Sent from my One Max using Tapatalk

ChicagoTripp

Aug 30, 2008
Chicago
Sprint Variant 2nd Look: CandySiX-1.1-t6spr-OFFICIAL-0222

I regret that my last report may be tainted. I have had bad connectivity since I had last flashed CM-13 for the HTC ONE MAX. I am in the process of restoring my phone back to Stock ROM so that I may take it to Sprint for repair. I have not been able to have any reliable signal with any other ROM since. I believe it has something to do with my network blocking my access. I will revisit and report once I resolve my connectivity issues.

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I regret that my last report may be tainted. I have had bad connectivity since I had last flashed CM-13 for the HTC ONE MAX. I am in the process of restoring my phone back to Stock ROM so that I may take it to Sprint for repair. I have not been able to have any reliable signal with any other ROM since. I believe it has something to do with my network blocking my access. I will revisit and report once I resolve my connectivity issues.

It is one of the bad configurations with Sprint and AOSP roms. It will most likely never get fixed. You should try to RUU and then factory reset in HBOOT. It will erase your internal storage but worth the try if you are having signal issue.

Nov 14, 2014
It is one of the bad configurations with Sprint and AOSP roms. It will most likely never get fixed. You should try to RUU and then factory reset in HBOOT. It will erase your internal storage but worth the try if you are having signal issue.

Not sure if it's the same problem I had, but I flashed CM13 and had absolutely no service whatsoever. Had to go back to CM 12.1 and still had the same issue, so I reset the APN settings back to default, and my signal came back in just fine. Hope this helps.

pickandrew

Jan 8, 2016
Trieste
Hello, I am an owner of a HTC Max in version Dual SIM (model 8060 or 809d)
This Custom ROM (version for T6) is also compatible with my smartphone?
Thank you!

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
All new builds now uploaded to candy AFH! ENJOI

Hello, I am an owner of a HTC Max in version Dual SIM (model 8060 or 809d)
This Custom ROM (version for T6) is also compatible with my smartphone?
Thank you!

No this is not for your device. I have roms for all variants "except" yours. Sorry but @Flyhalf205 & myself have tried to compile a rom for the dual sim and to the best of my knowledge nobody has been successful yet.

EDIT: Music playback & youtube are fixed

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
can i use this 6.0.x Marshmallow i am now using srom
or do i need a ruu update for Marshmallow i havent seen one for VERIZON
THANKS--Verizon HTC one max Build # 1.401405.8 CL550356 release-keys

Last edited:

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
i went ahead and tried it seems to work ok
except for camera error says cant connect to camera
and text to speach cant hear me--besides that GREAT ROM!
THANKS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is CandySiX. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob @NoSpamDan

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Layers
    Battery bar
    LCD denisty options
    Multi-window
    Status bar customization
    Quick setting customization
    Quick setting pull down options
    Force expand notifications
    Time context headers in panel
    DarkUI switch
    Advanced power menu
    Extra IME options
    Lockscreen shortcuts
    Animations
    -Power menu
    -List view
    -System
    -Toast
    Navbar customization:
    -Navbar button color
    -Slim-Dim
    -Navbar DPI
    -DT2S on Navbar
    Buttons settings:
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker
    More to come, we are never done...

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Coming from another rom
    1) Download CandySiX.zip
    2) Download 6.0 Gapps (optional)
    3) Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash CandySiX.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous CandySiX release
    1) Download CandySiX.zip
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash CandySiX.zip
    4) Reboot

be9apenu.jpg

Bank's GAPPS

-Please give first boot a good few minutes
    -Still in alpha stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandySix, ROM for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni

Version Information

Created 2016-01-31
    Last Updated 2016-09-05
    Folks I have recently remodeled our new house & finally have gotten moved into it. Sorry for my absence lately but my home is always my priority. Now we have our internet back on & have moved into the home so I will start updating my roms soon. I do have some more minor work to complete around here but I'll make time to get your devices back on track. Thanks for being so patient.
    Reserved

This is still a WIP as with most 6.0 roms. The camera is a known issue and data may be an issue as well. I will post other variants as I compile them.
    Use the Beta version. Sim works and Rom is great too.

Sent from my One Max using XDA-Developers mobile app