[ROM] CarbonROM Linaro GCC 4.7/-O3 JB 4.2.2 Unofficial 8.03.13

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

What is CarbonROM?

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

1.6 is a pretty big update for us! Check out the changelog on our goo.im page for more, but here are the highlights:

-PIE
-HALO
-Floating Application windows (long press app in recent apps list)
-Lock screen rotation is back
-Dark Carbon! Huge props to Slim Roms for coming up with this unique and awesome feature.
-Lockscreen theming
-CM skinny battery is back!
-Volume key lock on silent mode option
-Backup tool - if you're flashing a new version of Carbon and already have the required version of gapps installed, it will be backed up and restored during install. This applies to system apps and custom host files as well. Please note that you should only dirty flash from Carbon to Carbon. It's ok if it's another version or a nightly - just not over other roms. Super handy for you crack flashers. Make sure you've got the most recent Gapps though, and if you're flashing from a factory reset, you'll still need to install it after install of course.
-Long pressing the "clear recents" button clears the cache
-AOKP's awesome new navbar settings
-NFC polling mode for when you want to keep your screen off and scan tags
-MMS and call "breathe" feature. Makes the notification icon fade in and out.
-Mute dings when changing volume
-Disable/enable CRT effect on screen on/off.
-3rd party keyboard bug fixed
-deodexed again
-stability and speed enhancements
-a million other little things as well - we basically don't even sleep anymore.
*not all features are available on the A100 tablet.

Screenshots
screen1s.jpg
screen2s.jpg
screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
screen5s.jpg
screen6s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11
BigShotRob
dg4prez
Kejar31
mattmanwrx
morfic
nocoast
pixeldotz
slick_rick
winner00

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Instructions:

Please clean flash this, there's so many extra settings that dirty flashing will likely cause problems. If you dirty flash, please don't report any issues until you flash clean and the issue occurs again!

Please use a proper 4.2.2 Gapps package, using inversed or any modded versions can and likely will cause issues, please use the current 4.2.2 from goo.im, if you use inverted or modded Gapps, please don't report issues until you clean flash with a proper package from goo.im!

Download the ROM
Download the current 4.2.2 Gapps from goo.im or pio-masaki.com
Place files someplace useful
Boot into recovery
This part assumes you know how to operate your installed recovery
Wipe system
Factory reset
Wipe dalvik
Flash CarbonROM
Flash Gapps
Reboot
Let settle for a few minutes after booting
Setup device as usual

If you have issues on first boot, flash the ROM only, then after it boots, reboot and flash Gapps then manually setup your device in settings.

Change Log

8.01.13-B1:
initial build for experimenting, didn't boot.

8.01.13-B2:
Next try, boots, SystemUI crash makes it unusable, no nav/status bars

8.02.13:
WiFi works, SystemUI persistent crashing still makes device unsable.

8.02.13-B2:
BT, WiFi, sound all work, persistent SystemUI crashes still occuring.

8.03.13:
All works, SystemUI crash fixed, PIE crashing, battery mods missing, Torch doesn't work.

8.03.13-B2:
All works, Torch works

8.03.13-B3:
Fixed PIE crashing, fixed missing battery mods. Rom is now fully operational.

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
FAQS
If you didn't read the bugs list below, go down and read that now, asking the same questions over and over is a trademark of xda and I hate it, please read the change log and bug list before posting questions or reporting issues.

Q. I want to use this build(s) as a base for my ROM, or I want to host/re release it in another country/forum, can I?

A. You may, but only if you send me a PM about it first. I've had a bit of trouble with people taking credit for my work, and I'm getting sick of it. I don't mind sharing and whatnot, but taking my build, adding a build.prop tweak and releasing it on another forum with no mention of my name is not acceptable. As for re releasing on another forum, you may if you just shoot me a link to the post about it, I would rather you link directly to this thread if possible. For those posting in forums of other languages (I know some users might in Russia, for example, use my ROMs) feel free to post for your native languages, and please include a link here also.

Q. I want to report an issue, can I just post it in your thread without reading or doing any basic troubleshooting, googling, reading or wiping?
A. Well you CAN, you may be ignored or flamed for it. Please read above, and please read the Bugs and Change Log lists before reporting anything. Please flash a clean download, flash a clean wipe, and don't restore stuff from TiBu, thats basic troubleshooting, check if the issue persists, if it does, then feel free to post about it.

Q. Is this daily driver ready?
A. Can't answer that, what a person needs from their phone varies from person to person, what I may consider fine for my use may be 500 kinds of broken for another user. Example, I don't use my camera often, maybe once a month, and my BT has never been turned on for the last 5 devices, for me broken BT audio and camera doesn't make it a non daily driver ROM. Please read and decide for yourself if features included outweigh the broken, or if broken things are required for your comfortable use of your device.

Q. How can I build my own versions?
A. I'm not going to write a guide, I did write one for CM9 which is 99.99% still a working guide aside from source urls for updated jellybean. Otherwise there are plenty of very well written guides on how to build ROMs, individual questions about build it can be asked here if you wish as this is a development thread.

Q. Can I use -insert kernel name here-?
A. You can probably use any kernel you want, but WiFi and such won't work. If you don't mind no WiFi feel free to use any kernel that will boot.

Q. Your files all download as index.php!
A. This happens on certain browsers, namely the stock browser and Chrome. You can either use another browser (naked and dolphin don't do this) or simply rename the file to something useful, like "piostotallyepicawesomesaucedrizzledromthatrocksyo urass.zip"

Bugs:
MIC doesn't work
Camera crashes when you change resolutions
WiFi may not connect after being turned off, needing a reboot to come back up
Google Search doesn't work (no MIC)
Headset MIC also doesn't work
ROM may get stuck booting, powering off and on will have it boot again, not sure where this is coming from.

More, I'm sure.

Downloads:

Please visit http://pio-masaki.com for all my ROM builds

CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130803-2330-a100.zip

Last edited:

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
This looks very interesting indeed. Without MIC support it can't be my daily as I Skype alot, but a working 4.2.2 on this old tablet is amazing in itself! Great work as always Pio.

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
This looks very interesting indeed. Without MIC support it can't be my daily as I Skype alot, but a working 4.2.2 on this old tablet is amazing in itself! Great work as always Pio.

Actually, try a headset, or plug then unplug headphones, it works on the thrive for audio to get working properly, may work here too, they use the same audio system, drivers and libs.

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
Well I didn't have time to play much last night but have had a proper look around the ROM today.

4.2.2 on A100 is FAST!! Very impressive. I noticed some issues so thought it might be helpful to catalogue them here.

MIC is definitely not working. Tried the headphone thing but nothing :( Voice Search force closes on launch and Recorder can't hear anything.

The Halo app (which I gather is one of the big draws in this ROM) force closes when you select it. Oddly, it's like it might be corrupted or something as the icon is showing as just a little droid and the app title is showing as HALO))).

Changing the camera resolution causes the camera to FC (front or rear camera) ... Afterwards a dialog box tells you that it "Can't connect to the camera". This was a problem in the older 4.1.2 ROMs as well but I believe Hardslog discovered a fix somehow so I am sure he will be able to give you the info.

If there is anything else I come across during my exploring I will let you know. I'm enjoying having new things to play with!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Well I didn't have time to play much last night but have had a proper look around the ROM today.

4.2.2 on A100 is FAST!! Very impressive. I noticed some issues so thought it might be helpful to catalogue them here.

MIC is definitely not working. Tried the headphone thing but nothing :( Voice Search force closes on launch and Recorder can't hear anything.

The Halo app (which I gather is one of the big draws in this ROM) force closes when you select it. Oddly, it's like it might be corrupted or something as the icon is showing as just a little droid and the app title is showing as HALO))).

Changing the camera resolution causes the camera to FC (front or rear camera) ... Afterwards a dialog box tells you that it "Can't connect to the camera". This was a problem in the older 4.1.2 ROMs as well but I believe Hardslog discovered a fix somehow so I am sure he will be able to give you the info.

If there is anything else I come across during my exploring I will let you know. I'm enjoying having new things to play with!

There's two parts of Halo))), the part you're talking about, doesn't matter unless you want a specific app always to be in Halo, otherwise HALO itself works just fine. The app itself isn't required or the "big draw" to the ROM, HALO can be managed just fine without it, and originally the app wasn't included, I hadn't noticed it was included now anyways lol

The camera issues are partly due to we're using camera parts from 5 versions of android ago, I'm sure it can be patched up again but it's getting annoying having to fix storage, audio, cameras, and kernels EVERY SINGLE MINOR UPDATE to android. We're not talking 4.1 to 5.0, its 4.1 to 4.2.

AFAIK it wasn't reported my 4.1.2 builds ever had camera issues, though. Keep in mind I was doing that blind, if no one told me I would never have known.

Google search doesn't force close for me, but it also doesn't hear anything, so that doesn't count for much lol

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
There's two parts of Halo))), the part you're talking about, doesn't matter unless you want a specific app always to be in Halo, otherwise HALO itself works just fine. The app itself isn't required or the "big draw" to the ROM, HALO can be managed just fine without it, and originally the app wasn't included, I hadn't noticed it was included now anyways lol

The camera issues are partly due to we're using camera parts from 5 versions of android ago, I'm sure it can be patched up again but it's getting annoying having to fix storage, audio, cameras, and kernels EVERY SINGLE MINOR UPDATE to android. We're not talking 4.1 to 5.0, its 4.1 to 4.2.

AFAIK it wasn't reported my 4.1.2 builds ever had camera issues, though. Keep in mind I was doing that blind, if no one told me I would never have known.

Google search doesn't force close for me, but it also doesn't hear anything, so that doesn't count for much lol

Does that mean I can safely remove the HALO))) apk without affecting the functionality of Halo itself?

I reported the camera res change issues quite awhile ago to hardslog, though I think at that point you had stopped development on the A100. I remember him saying he would look into a fix and I think awhile after he cured it. Can't remember if he listed on here what the actual cause of the problem is though.

This potential to customize how this ROM behaves is absolutely incredible. I spent the last couple of hours messing about with swipe bars and pop up menus and the various combinations possible... it really is clever stuff. Was rather confusing to figure out what is what at first. I've still not found a way to change the button size on the pie... any additional buttons added get squashed up at one end of it. Is there anywhere in the menu where this can be altered? Also, directly surrounding the pie buttons there is a thick bar which is partially blue... looks like a volume slider or something but I can't seem to get it to do anything??

All in all a very interesting ROM thank you Pio. Given that it is early days on 4.2.2 for the A100, do you think there is any chance that the MIC will be fixable in the future? Does it work ok on your Thrive?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Does that mean I can safely remove the HALO))) apk without affecting the functionality of Halo itself?

I reported the camera res change issues quite awhile ago to hardslog, though I think at that point you had stopped development on the A100. I remember him saying he would look into a fix and I think awhile after he cured it. Can't remember if he listed on here what the actual cause of the problem is though.

This potential to customize how this ROM behaves is absolutely incredible. I spent the last couple of hours messing about with swipe bars and pop up menus and the various combinations possible... it really is clever stuff. Was rather confusing to figure out what is what at first. I've still not found a way to change the button size on the pie... any additional buttons added get squashed up at one end of it. Is there anywhere in the menu where this can be altered? Also, directly surrounding the pie buttons there is a thick bar which is partially blue... looks like a volume slider or something but I can't seem to get it to do anything??

All in all a very interesting ROM thank you Pio. Given that it is early days on 4.2.2 for the A100, do you think there is any chance that the MIC will be fixable in the future? Does it work ok on your Thrive?

Well as I said unless it was reported (to me) I wouldn't have known. Hardslog wasn't reporting issues or fixes to me so I never knew it happened or how it was fixed.

The mic should be fixable, and yes it works on the thrive, so its likely a minor routing issue on the vangogh vs Antares or Picasso boards. Sound is my weakest point though, I always have troubles with it for some reason.

As for pie, there's options for all kinda shiz in there, just gotta go through them all and restart systemui to make them active in some cases. That bar is, I think, just decoration, though.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Sad thing is I don't really use the camera features on the A100 so that's probably why I never tested them when going thru stuff on the recent CM10 builds. But yes I am getting the same issues MrCubbins has reported with changing resolutions FCing the camera app on this current CarbonROM build.

The only thing I am hoping for down the road is some kind of updated version Linuxsociety's Jelly Bean kernel that works on 4.2.2. I'm pretty sure the current build will not work on 4.2.2 ROMs due to there being enough differences between 4.1.x and 4.2.2. Love how that kernel worked in making things run just a bit smoother. :good:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Sad thing is I don't really use the camera features on the A100 so that's probably why I never tested them when going thru stuff on the recent CM10 builds. But yes I am getting the same issues MrCubbins has reported with changing resolutions FCing the camera app on this current CarbonROM build.

The only thing I am hoping for down the road is some kind of updated version Linuxsociety's Jelly Bean kernel that works on 4.2.2. I'm pretty sure the current build will not work on 4.2.2 ROMs due to there being enough differences between 4.1.x and 4.2.2. Love how that kernel worked in making things run just a bit smoother. :good:

I'm just curious why anyone

A: uses the crappy camera on these things for anything but Skype

B: bothers changing the resolution of the already low resolution cameras

:p

The kernel included is already modified just hasn't had the juice turned on yet. I'm not a fan of his kernel for my personal device, it never got along with it. If you venture into its settings you'll notice it has some extras in governors and io, no longer stock CM.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Yeah I'm not really much of a fan of cams on tablets myself. Yet I've seen people using their tablets for taking pictures so what do I (and you) know, right?

I wasn't aware of what was going on with the kernel that you have in use. The Linuxsociety kernel or at least the one that was in hardslog's ROMs ran very well on mine. That's using Linuxsociety's kernel with mods done wasn't it? Then again we all know that you probably can have two A100's next to each other one will run the kernel perfectly yet the other one will have issues with it... so yeah.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Yeah I'm not really much of a fan of cams on tablets myself. Yet I've seen people using their tablets for taking pictures so what do I (and you) know, right?

I wasn't aware of what was going on with the kernel that you have in use. The Linuxsociety kernel or at least the one that was in hardslog's ROMs ran very well on mine. That's using Linuxsociety's kernel with mods done wasn't it? Then again we all know that you probably can have two A100's next to each other one will run the kernel perfectly yet the other one will have issues with it... so yeah.

I think he used ezterrys kernel, why he chose to over the godmachine kernel you'll need to ask him about lol. It was a nice kernel for sure, but my a100 just didn't like it. My thrive kernels love mine but hate some others, such is electronics I guess.

I'm still testing the kernel for when the juice is turned on so its a pretty basic kernel otherwise, bit it should wake up real nice when its let loose.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Looking over the notes from several of hardslog's ROMs he's mentioned they have used godmachine kernels (or as I mistakenly called them "Linuxsociety"). No idea on the latest ROM that he's released since there's no mention. Let me know if you need to me to test any kernels here. My A100 is ready.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Well the kernel has some odd issues, for one lulzactive seems to just stay at top speed, it doesn't seem to scale at all. In the overclock enabled builds anychanges to min/max speeds will result in no deep sleep, the kernel stays awake at all times. Not sure whats causing either of those, lulzactive can be gone over but why the speed change locks the system awake I have no clue.

I really wish I knew what I was doing with kernels lol

Edit:

Vote, who thinks I should just update the linux society/god machine kernel to 4.2 and leave it at that? lol

Last edited:

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
I was totally not aware about the deep sleep issue since I normally turn the tablet off when it's not in use. Does the ezterry kernel have the same issue? If not then maybe updating that to 4.2 might be better in the long run. As far as scaling I never seemed to have the issue at least from what SetCPU shows me. I'm about to go to my CYANOSAKI_FLEX_V2.0 backup and will let you know what I'm seeing as that I believe is using a godmachine kernel.

Also just noticed something weird. When I tried to backup the current CarbonROM build using TWRP 2.6.0.0 it shows 0MB in cache is used. Could there be something wrong with the routing/paths/etc on cache use on CarbonROM?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I was totally not aware about the deep sleep issue since I normally turn the tablet off when it's not in use. Does the ezterry kernel have the same issue? If not then maybe updating that to 4.2 might be better in the long run. As far as scaling I never seemed to have the issue at least from what SetCPU shows me. I'm about to go to my CYANOSAKI_FLEX_V2.0 backup and will let you know what I'm seeing as that I believe is using a godmachine kernel.

Also just noticed something weird. When I tried to backup the current CarbonROM build using TWRP 2.6.0.0 it shows 0MB in cache is used. Could there be something wrong with the routing/paths/etc on cache use on CarbonROM?

The deep sleep issues are only on the overclock enabled kernel that I use, it shouldn't appear in the released build, it only shows up if min/max speeds are changed from stock. Scaling issues appear only in lulzactive, its defaulted to interactive so unless you change it, its scaling properly.

I'm not using the ezterry or god machine kernels, so its a problem unique to mine I think.

It uses cache or it wouldn't be booting at all, and you shouldn't back that up anyways :p I think twrp has some bugs no one ironed out and its causing oddness with older devices.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Oops. I thought you meant godmachine's kernel had those issues. My bad. I should read better next time. :laugh:

Also checking CYANOSAKI_FLEX_V2.0 the kernel it's using believe it or not is by ezterry. SetCPU defaults to interactive on this for me as well running at 1.5 ghz max speed, 312 mhz minimum. No idea if hardslog has done any mods/changes to the kernel however. Run perfectly fine on my A100. :good:

And you are right about cache let alone the TWRP bug. Just finished wiping and restoring my CarbonROM backup by the way. Successful swapping from 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 and back via TWRP backups.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Ugh I hate kernels, and I hate working IN them even more. But, it's coming along. It'll basically be the GM kernel all over again when I'm done lol.

So far vs the source I began with:

GPU/CPU/system speeds are tuned a little more, voltages tuned a little more
Adding in those missing governors, like Smartass and lagfree.
Converted/updated to BCMDHD from BCM4329
OC up to 1.5, UC to 216

I'm building this to include with my 4.2 builds, and I suppose I could just release a flashable version, it may even work on 4.1, who knows.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

What is CarbonROM?

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

1.6 is a pretty big update for us! Check out the changelog on our goo.im page for more, but here are the highlights:

-PIE
    -HALO
    -Floating Application windows (long press app in recent apps list)
    -Lock screen rotation is back
    -Dark Carbon! Huge props to Slim Roms for coming up with this unique and awesome feature.
    -Lockscreen theming
    -CM skinny battery is back!
    -Volume key lock on silent mode option
    -Backup tool - if you're flashing a new version of Carbon and already have the required version of gapps installed, it will be backed up and restored during install. This applies to system apps and custom host files as well. Please note that you should only dirty flash from Carbon to Carbon. It's ok if it's another version or a nightly - just not over other roms. Super handy for you crack flashers. Make sure you've got the most recent Gapps though, and if you're flashing from a factory reset, you'll still need to install it after install of course.
    -Long pressing the "clear recents" button clears the cache
    -AOKP's awesome new navbar settings
    -NFC polling mode for when you want to keep your screen off and scan tags
    -MMS and call "breathe" feature. Makes the notification icon fade in and out.
    -Mute dings when changing volume
    -Disable/enable CRT effect on screen on/off.
    -3rd party keyboard bug fixed
    -deodexed again
    -stability and speed enhancements
    -a million other little things as well - we basically don't even sleep anymore.
    *not all features are available on the A100 tablet.

Screenshots
    screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11
    BigShotRob
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00
    Instructions:

Please clean flash this, there's so many extra settings that dirty flashing will likely cause problems. If you dirty flash, please don't report any issues until you flash clean and the issue occurs again!

Please use a proper 4.2.2 Gapps package, using inversed or any modded versions can and likely will cause issues, please use the current 4.2.2 from goo.im, if you use inverted or modded Gapps, please don't report issues until you clean flash with a proper package from goo.im!

Download the ROM
    Download the current 4.2.2 Gapps from goo.im or pio-masaki.com
    Place files someplace useful
    Boot into recovery
    This part assumes you know how to operate your installed recovery
    Wipe system
    Factory reset
    Wipe dalvik
    Flash CarbonROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Let settle for a few minutes after booting
    Setup device as usual

If you have issues on first boot, flash the ROM only, then after it boots, reboot and flash Gapps then manually setup your device in settings.

Change Log

8.01.13-B1:
    initial build for experimenting, didn't boot.

8.01.13-B2:
    Next try, boots, SystemUI crash makes it unusable, no nav/status bars

8.02.13:
    WiFi works, SystemUI persistent crashing still makes device unsable.

8.02.13-B2:
    BT, WiFi, sound all work, persistent SystemUI crashes still occuring.

8.03.13:
    All works, SystemUI crash fixed, PIE crashing, battery mods missing, Torch doesn't work.

8.03.13-B2:
    All works, Torch works

8.03.13-B3:
    Fixed PIE crashing, fixed missing battery mods. Rom is now fully operational.
    FAQS
    If you didn't read the bugs list below, go down and read that now, asking the same questions over and over is a trademark of xda and I hate it, please read the change log and bug list before posting questions or reporting issues.

Q. I want to use this build(s) as a base for my ROM, or I want to host/re release it in another country/forum, can I?

A. You may, but only if you send me a PM about it first. I've had a bit of trouble with people taking credit for my work, and I'm getting sick of it. I don't mind sharing and whatnot, but taking my build, adding a build.prop tweak and releasing it on another forum with no mention of my name is not acceptable. As for re releasing on another forum, you may if you just shoot me a link to the post about it, I would rather you link directly to this thread if possible. For those posting in forums of other languages (I know some users might in Russia, for example, use my ROMs) feel free to post for your native languages, and please include a link here also.

Q. I want to report an issue, can I just post it in your thread without reading or doing any basic troubleshooting, googling, reading or wiping?
    A. Well you CAN, you may be ignored or flamed for it. Please read above, and please read the Bugs and Change Log lists before reporting anything. Please flash a clean download, flash a clean wipe, and don't restore stuff from TiBu, thats basic troubleshooting, check if the issue persists, if it does, then feel free to post about it.

Q. Is this daily driver ready?
    A. Can't answer that, what a person needs from their phone varies from person to person, what I may consider fine for my use may be 500 kinds of broken for another user. Example, I don't use my camera often, maybe once a month, and my BT has never been turned on for the last 5 devices, for me broken BT audio and camera doesn't make it a non daily driver ROM. Please read and decide for yourself if features included outweigh the broken, or if broken things are required for your comfortable use of your device.

Q. How can I build my own versions?
    A. I'm not going to write a guide, I did write one for CM9 which is 99.99% still a working guide aside from source urls for updated jellybean. Otherwise there are plenty of very well written guides on how to build ROMs, individual questions about build it can be asked here if you wish as this is a development thread.

Q. Can I use -insert kernel name here-?
    A. You can probably use any kernel you want, but WiFi and such won't work. If you don't mind no WiFi feel free to use any kernel that will boot.

Q. Your files all download as index.php!
    A. This happens on certain browsers, namely the stock browser and Chrome. You can either use another browser (naked and dolphin don't do this) or simply rename the file to something useful, like "piostotallyepicawesomesaucedrizzledromthatrocksyo urass.zip"

Bugs:
    MIC doesn't work
    Camera crashes when you change resolutions
    WiFi may not connect after being turned off, needing a reboot to come back up
    Google Search doesn't work (no MIC)
    Headset MIC also doesn't work
    ROM may get stuck booting, powering off and on will have it boot again, not sure where this is coming from.

More, I'm sure.

Downloads:

Please visit http://pio-masaki.com for all my ROM builds

CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130803-2330-a100.zip
    Ok 4.3 boots, its pretty unusable as the SystemUI is constantly crashing. So far, what I can see is:

Sound appears busted, no screen taps are heard
    WiFi does work, at least it turns on and shows APs
    HW Acceleration is in full effect, much smoother then 4.2 ever was
    Storage is all messed up, not sure whats working or not there yet

That's all I've had time to play with.