[ROM][CDMA/GSM](7/12/13) MIUI V5 3.7.12...The best ROM you will EVER use.

Search This thread

metalmayhem

Sep 6, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Last edited:

kewangkeji

Mar 4, 2008
The offical cdma MIUI V5 3.5.3 is here:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=501639&uk=1997143330

The developer is Helinchun, He let me to say hello to everyone. Maybe next week, the offical developer will send a new post in xda for offical cdma miui v5, and OTA update everyweek.

changelog 3.5.3:
MIUI ROM 3.5.3 Update Highlights
Support for syncing SMS status of “Pin to top” and “Private message” to Micloud services.

MIUI ROM 3.5.3 Full Changelog
[System]
Fix - The problem of magnifying glass deformation
Fix - Circular beads around the screen interface cannot taken in the screenshots

[Messaging]
New - Support for syncing SMS status of “Pin to top” and “Private message” to Micloud services.
New - Add a new version of the festival SMS
Fix - If the message content contains the known contact number, the number will not be recognized

[Camera]
Fix - When the flashlight is turned on, the camera cannot start

[Gallery]
Fix - Micloud album guiding prompt error

[Calendar]
Fix - Switching the input method may cause MIUI restart

[Transfer]
Fix - A number of problems causing "Transfer" app FC

As we just had a 3-day holiday this week, the changelog of this week is pretty simple. Hope u understand. Thanks!

bobbob1016

Jul 5, 2010
I had that problem too, switched to 1.50 and it worked.

My Bluetooth wasn't working either, I flashed back ButteredToasT kernel and got it working again.

I think the change to MiRaGe kernel might have broken bluetooth

I didn't change the kernel, guessing it was changed in the update? Where could I get that kernel?

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com

The developer is Helinchun, He let me to say hello to everyone. Maybe next week, the offical developer will send a new post in xda for offical cdma miui v5, and OTA update everyweek.

Actually, I've been thinking about this, and I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to remain included in the release process...at least here on XDA. OR, if I could be given full access to the PatchROM, I'd be happy to do the Official weekly CDMA release as well. It would make sense to me to have someone who can fully test in the US be part of the development.

Edit: For example, the official CDMA is missing CMWimaxSettings.apk, so Wimax will not work. Also, HOSTS still has Smarthost entries, and will break facebook login and google stuff.

You guys need me. ;)

Last edited:

Snoob25

Jul 18, 2012
Torino
Actually, I've been thinking about this, and I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to remain included in the release process...at least here on XDA. OR, if I could be given full access to the PatchROM, I'd be happy to do the Official weekly CDMA release as well. It would make sense to me to have someone who can fully test in the US be part of the development.

Edit: For example, the official CDMA is missing CMWimaxSettings.apk, so Wimax will not work. Also, HOSTS still has Smarthost entries, and will break facebook login and google stuff.

You guys need me. ;)

DH for president :D

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
3.5.3 is UP (and has been for like and hour, slackers.).

Surprisingly, it worked better using the x515u as a base, versus the above posted CDMA build. I tried basing with CDMA, but had the issue where Wifi didn't start. Seeing as how the last GSM-modded base worked nearly flawlessly...I stuck with that. :p

Added ButteredToast kernel back in, cleaned up init.d stuff, a few small changes to media_profiles and media_codecs in /etc, updated Chrome beta and Online Nandroid. Slight modification to framework-res from China, should allow tethering to 4g?

Will update OP when I can.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0OpOqUNqeKkQUJPbHdBSDU0cW8/edit?usp=sharing

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuiv5/MIUI_3.5.3_SHOOTER_V5_DH.zip

Laoto

Jul 1, 2010

--------------------------------------------------
As we just had a 3-day holiday this week, the changelog of this week is pretty simple. Hope u understand. Thanks!

Thanks for the official cdma miui and possible OTA update every week!!!

It would be awesome to have all this in one single thread and with DH involved since he's been doing this so long for us :)

kewangkeji

Mar 4, 2008
I will contact the miui office. Don't know if you can help to release the official miui at in your post.

3.5.3 is UP (and has been for like and hour, slackers.).

Surprisingly, it worked better using the x515u as a base, versus the above posted CDMA build. I tried basing with CDMA, but had the issue where Wifi didn't start. Seeing as how the last GSM-modded base worked nearly flawlessly...I stuck with that. :p

Added ButteredToast kernel back in, cleaned up init.d stuff, a few small changes to media_profiles and media_codecs in /etc, updated Chrome beta and Online Nandroid. Slight modification to framework-res from China, should allow tethering to 4g?

Will update OP when I can.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0OpOqUNqeKkQUJPbHdBSDU0cW8/edit?usp=sharing

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuiv5/MIUI_3.5.3_SHOOTER_V5_DH.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: *.jpg

Remanifest

Feb 22, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I will contact the miui office. Don't know if you can release the official miui at in your post.
Any chance you can pass on the talkatone/Google Voice problems I'm having with this ROM? I would really love to use this ROM more than any other, but I can't unless this problem is fixed... Here is a logcat I just made on the new build: http://pastebin.com/nHUQmmmQ

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

digitalhigh,
Your latest build hung on reboot for me. Virgin Mobile install - not sure if I'm unique in that respect or not, but I'm about to do a full wipe on it.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

One last post for tonight - I tried the official version posted on the previous page, and the Talkatone/Google Voice issues are indeed present on the official release as well. That being said, digitalhigh's build is significantly smoother with a lot more optimizations for our devices. He's getting my vote 100% to become a member of the official development team for MIUI.

bleichtman

Jul 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Any chance you can pass on the talkatone/Google Voice problems I'm having with this ROM? I would really love to use this ROM more than any other, but I can't unless this problem is fixed... Here is a logcat I just made on the new build: http://pastebin.com/nHUQmmmQ

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

digitalhigh,
Your latest build hung on reboot for me. Virgin Mobile install - not sure if I'm unique in that respect or not, but I'm about to do a full wipe on it.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

One last post for tonight - I tried the official version posted on the previous page, and the Talkatone/Google Voice issues are indeed present on the official release as well. That being said, digitalhigh's build is significantly smoother with a lot more optimizations for our devices. He's getting my vote 100% to become a member of the official development team for MIUI.

I tried it too and agree. The one thing I did like though, was the look of the keyboard in the official release

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

pablo2121

Jan 2, 2013
Kernel Tuner

Having a little troubble with kernal tuner keeping settings saved and also activating secound cpu. ive got two evo 3ds my wifes and mine both are acting the same. ill try to flash kernals in recovery and see if i can get them to stick

EDIT after flashing the kernal seperatly the cpu both stayed on but the min cpu settings do not stick.

Last edited:

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
I too experienced a bootloop this morning, so it's not an isolated incident. I've been busy maintaining my home network...just created a 6TB storage pool in windoze 8 so I have actual redundant storage, versus just getting hosed every time a drive fails. I've got the majority of that in good working order, so I can focus on MIUI stuff some more.

So, we're taking our son to see Iron Man 3 tonight...I'll see if I can't figure out what's going on with the build this week. ;)

Perhaps try deleting the contents of init.d and see if that fixes weirdness issues...kernel tuner and butteredtoast may be fighting with one another...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team CankleJam is Proud to Present
    MIUI V5 UNIVERSAL - v. 3.7.12

miuics.png

(Ain't nuthin' but a gangsta party...)

features.png

Based on OFFICIAL MIUI CDMA/GSM Release for Evo 3d.
    UNIVERSAL ROM - This will work with both CDMA and GSM devices.
    Fixes to official CDMA base, including GPS, build.prop, and language in framework-res.apk.
    Weekly updates for base, extra software, HOSTS file, and kernels.
    Choose between FIVE different kernels. Tweakers, eat your heart out.
    Included Kernel Tuner for maximum overclocking/tuning capabilities.
    Included Goomanager for OTA updates.
    Custom aroma skin/theme.
    Aroma backup for fast flashing.
    Dirty Flash.
    Support for Virgin Mobile users.
    Jellybean 4.2 Camera with photosphere.
    EXT4 filesystem with specific optimizations for respective partitions.
    Optional Zram.
    Optional Sweep2Wake.
    Latest Gapps for android 4.1.2
    Custom boot animation.
    Init.d optimizations for kernel, memory, filesystem, SDcard, network.
    MIUI Keyboard with custom layout settings (works with MIUI Theme)
    Flash video support (requires compatible browser)
    DerekGordon's fast AGPS patch
    Playstation certification
    Gmail
    Youtube
    Google Now
    Maps

NotWorking.png

3D
    Friendcaster
    Video Recording with CoolZ kernel

downloads.png

NOTE: FLASHING WITH TWRP RECOVERY CAUSES WONKY BADNESS WITH MIUI/AROMA.

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuiv5/MIUI_3.7.12_SHOOTERS_DH.zip
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0OpOqUNqeKkTk16X3BEbjRLTk0/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: FLASHING WITH TWRP RECOVERY CAUSES WONKY BADNESS WITH MIUI/AROMA.

(But I'm coo like that, so you can download a fastboot flashable version of 4ext HERE.)

Please to use 4ext recovery for best results.

Install instructions:
    1. Download.
    2. Put on SD Card.
    3. Flash.
    4. Follow instructions.
    5. Pick desired settings.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Profit.

If you wish to report a bug, please see post #2 for instructions on how to take a logcat. Help me help you.
    changelog.png

Code:
    7.12.13:
    Updated to latest MIUI bases - Phone/MMS issues fixed
    Updated maps and HOSTS to latest version
    Updated Google Camera to 4.3 Version
    Moved Google Camera package to install with Gapps
    Added adblock to app selection menu
    Removed MIUI Camera (outdated)
    Fixed keyboard settings permissions (can change settings now)
    Removed entries from init.qcom.post_boot.sh for kernel gov/speed
    Removed multiple copies of Gnow - fixed FC's

7.5.13:
    Updated to [URL="http://en.miui.com/thread-4660-1-1.html"]latest MIUI Base[/URL].
    Hopefully fixed installer issues for GSM users.
    Updated HOSTS to latest Adfree version.
    Updated Chrome Beta, Play store, ears, talk to latest versions.

6.28.13:
    Updated to [URL="http://en.miui.com/thread-4473-1-1.html"]latest MIUI Base[/URL]
    Added GSM support and files
    Updated to new Aroma installer
    Cleaned up a few miscellaneous things

6.21.13:
    Updated to latest MIUI Base
    Updated Coolz and MiRaGe kernel
    NEW KEYBOARD, WHOOHOO.

6.14.13:
    Updated to [URL="http://en.miui.com/thread-4073-1-1.html"]latest MIUI Base[/URL]
    Fixed Virgin Modded Mms.apk crashes due to invalid signature
    Updated Chrome Beta to latest version
    Updated HOSTS to latest adblock version
    Updated MiRaGe kernel to latest version

6.7.13:
    Updated to [URL="http://en.miui.com/thread-3953-1-1.html"]latest MIUI Base[/URL] (follow URL for MIUI Changelog)
    Fixed issue in aroma where restore install would fail due to missing restore.prop
    Fixed issue in aroma where PSN install is uncontrolled due to wrong prop number
    Fixed issue in aroma where Virgin files wouldn't install because of wrong file location
    Updated Coolz and Mirage kernels to latest version
    Updated HOSTS to latest adblock version
    New Gmail app
    Updated Chrome beta, ears, talk, play store
    Updated Virgin modded MMS.apk to latest version
    Removed Gallery2.apk (because it's useless and redundant)

5.31.13:
    Updated to latest CDMA Base (Very cool - New music player)
    Fixed issues with official base.
    Actually fixed multikernel installer.  [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42074736&postcount=717"]No, really.[/url]
    Restore for refresh install should now work.  Easy to switch kernels without reflash of whole ROM.
    Fixed issues with init.post.boot messing with kernel tuner.  
    Updated symlinks to match latest CDMA.
    Patched a leak in the time flux circuits.

5.24.13:
    Updated to latest CDMA Base
    Fixed issues with official base
    Fixed multikernel installer - all installs should now work properly
    Updated cleanup routine post-flash
    Updated all addon apps to latest versions
    Minor changes to aroma installer

5.17.13:
    Updated to latest MIUI Base (x515u)
    Massive overhaul of Aroma system:
    -Unified dialogues throughout
    -New backup and refresh system (based in part on backup script by Ramjet73)
    -New graphics
    -Cleaned and optimized filesystem layout
    -Added better notation for other devs to follow
    -Updated Aroma binaries to latest version
    -Removed demo graphics and files
    -Removed unused language files

Added Coolz Kernel
    Updated MiRaGe Kernel to latest test version
    Updated Chrome, Google Ears, Google Search, and Maps to latest versions
    Added preferred keyboard layout to MIUI Keyboard
    Fixed Video/camera
    Fixed music crashing issues

5.10.13:
    Updated base to latest Official X515 GSM Build
    Added selection option between butteredtoast and MiRaGe kernels
    Streamlined installer, removed unnecessary prompts
    Removed Online Nandroid creator, replaced with Sprint VVM
    (note:  Sprint VVM is experimental - I do not guarantee it will work)
    Updated Gnow, Google Ears to latest version

5.3.13:
    Updated base to latest Official x515 GSM Build (tried CDMA, had issues)
    Updated Chrome Beta, Offline Nandroid to latest versions
    Switch back to ButteredToast Kernel (should fix Bluetooth)
    Added entries in media_profiles, codes.
    Modified build.prop files, hope for faster ROM.

4.29.13:
    Updated base to late Official X515u Build
    Should fix:
      -ad-hoc/wifi tether in settings, it can be use now.
      -weather video
      -ui pictures
      -network message
      -xiaomi account
      -xiaomi framework FC
    Added latest Virgin Fixed files
    Updated Google Ears, Quicksearch

4.26.13:
    [URL="http://en.miui.com/thread-3275-1-1.html"]Official Changelog[/URL]
    This week's source based on PatchROM version, not official X515.
    Switched to MiRaGe kernel this week, give it a test run.
    New TrevE wifi app.  Hopefully works for 3V0/JB.
    Removed secondary FLV app, causing ad popups.
    MMS Send/recieve works.
    Wimax tested and working.
    Updated to latest version of Chrome.

3.4.20 - Changed to ButteredToast RLS 17.3
    Re-added missing Xiaomi camera.apk
    4G WORKS
    MMS WORKS
    Built on official release from Xiaomi for CDMA
    Fixed reboot option in Aroma
    Stuff

3.4.5 - Changed Kernel to MAC 3.7
    Initial translation of camera.apk
    Fixed aroma features
    Added wimax
    FIxed compass/sensors
    Fixed headphone audio
    Removed Viper4Android sound panel
    New boot animation
    Working on video recording/playback
    added flash support
    updated all optional programs
    updated to latest MIUI Base
    Special tweak to increase badassery

3.3.29 - Initial Release

kernels.png

Butteredtoast
    Coolz
    MAC
    Mirage
    Vanilla
    Upload complete.

http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuiv5/MIUI_V5_3.3.29_SHOOTER_JB_DH_BETA.zip

You will also need to flash the following gapps package:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Then have at it. I'm color-converting a new v5 theme now, and CMB should be working at wimax and other stuff sometime today. :D
    DH....
    The miui v5 rom-2013.4.5 has been released in Offical miui website.

Hehe, trust me...know that I know it's out, one thing you'll never have to do is remind me when China releases an official build. I have alarms set, and have even been working on a check4change script that will download the latest x515 build as soon as it's released while I'm asleep.

Yesterday, I finished an update in about 15 minutes with the latest version. I got slowed down, however, when I panicked @ how long the initial boot took. I did this while driving, mind you, so I had to wait until after work to sit down and take a look.

Then, I spent a buttload of time going over every detail I could remember from comments and my own personal observations. So far, I'm very happy with the test build I'm working on. Let's see here:

Cleaned up Aroma immensely. Removed the "agreement" part (pointless), pulled the crappy addon apps like JB Keyboard and MoaviFlvPlayer, and added more important stuff like flash player for JB and a proper install of Gapps. Also made Wimax an installable feature.

What I'm trying to do is completely modularize the installer, so that updating each week consists of dropping the /system and /data files into a directory, adding a few CDMA-specific changes to the files, and having everything else separate. If I make my job easier, it means faster updates for you guys, and a more complete job because I have all the addons in their own areas. :D

I'm just about to test-flash now. Made changes to fix the sound issue with headphones, translated the stock Camera, gps and sensor fix is in, replaced the stock keyboard with the swypeable version from MiuiAustralia, replaced Viper4Android EQ with one that I know works, Updated kernel to MAC 3.7 AOSP for better overclocking...

Hopefully, this will add a lot of goodness to the overall experience. I just want to make sure I've got wimax and headphones working right, then I'll upload for everybody to enjoy. :D
    http://goo.im/devs/digitalhigh/miuiv5/MIUI_3.4.5_SHOOTER_V5_DH.zip

Upload complete. Wimax, compass, headphone, sensor all working. MMS added. Cleaned up Aroma quite significantly, updated all additional apps, added Virgin functionality, added new boot animation. Updated to latest MIUI base. Plenty of stuff in there...

Okay, just a question about this rom:

How hard is it to get the built-in system update feature to work?

I'm asking because out of every Rom I have ever used on every phone I've had, none of them had a working built-in ota option.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Should be working in the forthcoming release. Now...to use the actual Miui Updater.apk is difficult, because the values are hardcoded into the app and not easily changeable. So being able to go to settings>about phone> and hit the update button won't work. However, in the extra apps you can install is GooManager - this should be sending you OTA notifications every week to download straight from Goo. It's why I delete the stock Updater and include Goo. If it isn't working, let me know and I'll check it out. But it should be.

can you port this to gsm too please?

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda premium

Lol. This is ported from GSM. You should be able to download the full stock MIUI from Xiaomi's site. If you mean port my additions over to GSM...I could give it a try, make it a flashable addon.
    Yeah dawg...

I'm at work right now so my time is limited, but I will definitely be bending this baby over a table and giving it a proverbial pounding just as soon as possible.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone