• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM Central

Search This thread

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
Since the Mesmerize is just starting to bloom this page will be helpful in the future. I figured we can list the ROMS that work on our phones in one spot. My plan is to keep it updated with all the Roms and kernels for the Mesmerize. Make sure you check the thread for more details. So shall we get started. (if i miss any let me know and Ill get it added)

ROMS:

DI14 Pick-n-Pack 0.2 ROM
Downloads: Here Mirror Here
This is a stock, deodexed ROM with minor changes. No dependencies have been removed, therefore all stock apps should work as expected. Although this is very similar to the stock setup, it is still not stock and by flashing any or all parts of this ROM you understand the dangers of such flashing. Do a backup before you flash anything.

Super Clean ROM 0.3 for MESMERIZE!
Download: here
Hi guys. I got my hands on some DI14 files from the Mesmerize and decided to cook up a ROM. This ROM is very lightweight (removed as much touchwiz stuff as I could), and is very similar the version I have released for the Fascinate.

PORT-NEW LUNA CM 6.0 for the MESMERIZE!!
Download: Here
This is a port that I really like in all respects its Cynaogen 6.0 that I ported to the MESMERIZE it has a BLUE and BLACK splash/moon Theme. This is just the first of many to come from me

DI14 Blues ROM
This is in beta as I have not yet gotten everything in it that I want, but it's a good start and usable. As usual take a nandroid backup before you flash anything. I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone while flashing any of this content. That being said, I have had no problems with any of it. It uses all of the dependencies so all of the stock apps should work and anything that has been removed can be added from the Pick-n-Pack ROM.

PORT-DARK GLOSS MOD ported to the MESMERIZE!!!
This is based on the DARK GLOSS MOD THEME from the Fascinate and has been PORTED to the MESMERIZE.. THANK YOU TO THE ORIG. DEV OF THAT ROM THATDUDEBUTCH and MERRY X-MAS to you all enjoy.....PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS and FEEDBACK on any issues as it has been built on JT's CLEAN ROM and is without kernel and has been tested with NO issues to report

AOSP Mesmerize Vanilla Froyo ALPHA 0.1
Download Here
I have finally, successfully, gotten jt1134's device tree and Froyo framework all configured for the Mesmerize. This is a Vanilla Froyo (no Cyanogenmod) build and works enough to play around with (= But, I should warn you, this isn't a terribly stable build, so don't freak out if something acts weird d= Also, I'm not responsible for any harm you may do to your devices.

2.2 ROMS:
Leak USCC Mesmerize Froyo EA11 Stock + Root
Download: Links:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG39PL2H <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root Mirror phidelt82
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRDDYL75 <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery Mirror phidelt82
I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and full-blown froyo tastiness, for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Pre-rooted for your convenience, just download and flash with the latest version of ODIN. These are stock images plus root so your phone will function as if you just turned it on for the first time, albeit with a finger that magically instills root powers into any device you touch.

EA11 Mesmerize Pick-n-Pack 0.1
Download: HERE
********This is only a ROM. You must have first flashed the EA11 LEAK first.********

KERNELS

VooDoo 5
Kernels include various tweaks for performance and speed, and have also been slightly undervolted to be nice to your battery. They are NOT overclocked, as IMO, there is no benefit to overclocking other than inflated benchmarks and worse battery life.

VooDoo 5 2.2
download: Here
Be careful!! This kernel is named the same as jt's Voodoo Sound 2.1 Kernel that he released yesterday. You may want to rename one of the two if you plan on using both. The ROM will bootloop or freeze at the lockscreen if you mistakenly use a 2.1 kernel (=

CAUTION - WARNING
Do not use the partition sd card option in rom manager. It will mess up the phone's master boot record and you will have to rewrite the original one in order for voodoo kernels or anything that modifies the boot record to work properly.
I know it may be tempting to flash Fascinate or Showcase (or Vibrant, or i9000, etc) ROMs and Kernels especially since the Fascinate is starting to get some Froyo alpha builds. It is also probably a bit confusing as to why (since we PRETTY MUCH have the same hardware) it wouldn't work. [Unless you can confidently recover from a soft brick without breaking a sweat on your palms and are willing to risk the small chance of a hard brick] Don't.

TO GET BACK TO STOCK
The download page has two files. Odin, which is used to flash files, and a zip file containing the Mesmerize DI14 stock files.
Mesmerize Files located here
Odin3 v1.3 located here
MIRROR FOR BOTH

ROOTING
There are several ways to root your phone so here are some threads to help you do it yourself
RageAgainstTheMachine Method
Z4Root - Install to phone and run
SuperOneClick

Clockwork Recovery
THis is used to flash different ROMS to your phone once it is rooted. Make sure you read the thread for details.
Downloads: Redbend_ua Recovery

Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
good idea. hopefully we will get a lot more to add.

Sent from my Galaxy S.

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
None of the Fascinate ROMs will work on the Mesmerize unless you follow the Fascinated-Mesmerize thread. I don't recommend it, but it seems to work.

Not worthy of our post then. Unless you have tried it and approve i will not post it. I have personally tried everyone of the ones i have posted but due to the women i am not allowed to keep my phone rooted (i am not going to win that argument so I am not even going to try LOL) But what i do when i am not at home she dont know about. Thats how i have tried all the roms LOL

skitzo_inc

Dec 19, 2010
Not worthy of our post then. Unless you have tried it and approve i will not post it. I have personally tried everyone of the ones i have posted but due to the women i am not allowed to keep my phone rooted (i am not going to win that argument so I am not even going to try LOL) But what i do when i am not at home she dont know about. Thats how i have tried all the roms LOL

So...your woman won't let you have your phone rooted?
Does she keep them in her purse or just laying around?:p

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
She 1) pays the bill and 2) pays for the insurance and she does not want to pay full price if i have to send it in. Call me whipped or whatever you like but i do not want to piss of the pregnant women LOL

I had a response about product replacement until you said pregnant. Then I understand your pain and wouldn't want to piss her off either. I also see women in stead of woman, I'm hoping that's just a typo. If not you can come stay with me. lol

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
I sent a PM to Scotsman to see if he will make this a stickie, I referenced it in my newbie guide as it's a great write up, good work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the Mesmerize is just starting to bloom this page will be helpful in the future. I figured we can list the ROMS that work on our phones in one spot. My plan is to keep it updated with all the Roms and kernels for the Mesmerize. Make sure you check the thread for more details. So shall we get started. (if i miss any let me know and Ill get it added)

ROMS:

DI14 Pick-n-Pack 0.2 ROM
    Downloads: Here Mirror Here
    This is a stock, deodexed ROM with minor changes. No dependencies have been removed, therefore all stock apps should work as expected. Although this is very similar to the stock setup, it is still not stock and by flashing any or all parts of this ROM you understand the dangers of such flashing. Do a backup before you flash anything.

Super Clean ROM 0.3 for MESMERIZE!
    Hi guys. I got my hands on some DI14 files from the Mesmerize and decided to cook up a ROM. This ROM is very lightweight (removed as much touchwiz stuff as I could), and is very similar the version I have released for the Fascinate.

PORT-NEW LUNA CM 6.0 for the MESMERIZE!!
    This is a port that I really like in all respects its Cynaogen 6.0 that I ported to the MESMERIZE it has a BLUE and BLACK splash/moon Theme. This is just the first of many to come from me

DI14 Blues ROM
    This is in beta as I have not yet gotten everything in it that I want, but it's a good start and usable. As usual take a nandroid backup before you flash anything. I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone while flashing any of this content. That being said, I have had no problems with any of it. It uses all of the dependencies so all of the stock apps should work and anything that has been removed can be added from the Pick-n-Pack ROM.

PORT-DARK GLOSS MOD ported to the MESMERIZE!!!
    This is based on the DARK GLOSS MOD THEME from the Fascinate and has been PORTED to the MESMERIZE.. THANK YOU TO THE ORIG. DEV OF THAT ROM THATDUDEBUTCH and MERRY X-MAS to you all enjoy.....PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS and FEEDBACK on any issues as it has been built on JT's CLEAN ROM and is without kernel and has been tested with NO issues to report

AOSP Mesmerize Vanilla Froyo ALPHA 0.1
    Download Here
    I have finally, successfully, gotten jt1134's device tree and Froyo framework all configured for the Mesmerize. This is a Vanilla Froyo (no Cyanogenmod) build and works enough to play around with (= But, I should warn you, this isn't a terribly stable build, so don't freak out if something acts weird d= Also, I'm not responsible for any harm you may do to your devices.

2.2 ROMS:
    Leak USCC Mesmerize Froyo EA11 Stock + Root
    Download: Links:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG39PL2H <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root Mirror phidelt82
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRDDYL75 <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery Mirror phidelt82
    I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and full-blown froyo tastiness, for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Pre-rooted for your convenience, just download and flash with the latest version of ODIN. These are stock images plus root so your phone will function as if you just turned it on for the first time, albeit with a finger that magically instills root powers into any device you touch.

EA11 Mesmerize Pick-n-Pack 0.1
    Download: HERE
    ********This is only a ROM. You must have first flashed the EA11 LEAK first.********

KERNELS

VooDoo 5
    Kernels include various tweaks for performance and speed, and have also been slightly undervolted to be nice to your battery. They are NOT overclocked, as IMO, there is no benefit to overclocking other than inflated benchmarks and worse battery life.

VooDoo 5 2.2
    download: Here
    Be careful!! This kernel is named the same as jt's Voodoo Sound 2.1 Kernel that he released yesterday. You may want to rename one of the two if you plan on using both. The ROM will bootloop or freeze at the lockscreen if you mistakenly use a 2.1 kernel (=

CAUTION - WARNING
    Do not use the partition sd card option in rom manager. It will mess up the phone's master boot record and you will have to rewrite the original one in order for voodoo kernels or anything that modifies the boot record to work properly.
    I know it may be tempting to flash Fascinate or Showcase (or Vibrant, or i9000, etc) ROMs and Kernels especially since the Fascinate is starting to get some Froyo alpha builds. It is also probably a bit confusing as to why (since we PRETTY MUCH have the same hardware) it wouldn't work. [Unless you can confidently recover from a soft brick without breaking a sweat on your palms and are willing to risk the small chance of a hard brick] Don't.

TO GET BACK TO STOCK
    The download page has two files. Odin, which is used to flash files, and a zip file containing the Mesmerize DI14 stock files.
    Mesmerize Files located here
    Odin3 v1.3 located here
    MIRROR FOR BOTH

ROOTING
    There are several ways to root your phone so here are some threads to help you do it yourself
    RageAgainstTheMachine Method
    Z4Root - Install to phone and run
    SuperOneClick

Clockwork Recovery
    THis is used to flash different ROMS to your phone once it is rooted. Make sure you read the thread for details.
    Downloads: Redbend_ua Recovery