[ROM][CFW][11.0] PixysOS v4.0.3 - begonia/begoniain [OFFICIAL][STABLE]

Search This thread

fhaust

Apr 21, 2021
Hmm ... I got an ota update this morning ... after updating the device is bricked ... black screen ... does not even pop up as a usb device in Linux anymore ... can't get into TWRP or fastboot anymore.

When plugged in I can toggle the status light by long-pressing power ... when going from off to on it does blink a bit and stays constantly on.

Honestly no idea where to start fixing this ... help?

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
Hmm ... I got an ota update this morning ... after updating the device is bricked ... black screen ... does not even pop up as a usb device in Linux anymore ... can't get into TWRP or fastboot anymore.

When plugged in I can toggle the status light by long-pressing power ... when going from off to on it does blink a bit and stays constantly on.

Honestly no idea where to start fixing this ... help?
I think the rom maintainer forgot to put a changelog that the new update is now based on non-cfw, I have inspected the zip, it's indeed non-cfw rom.

Unbrick your phone by this https://www.xda-developers.com/bypass-mediatek-sp-flash-tool-authentication-requirement/

Then follow the non-cfw step to flash this April update rom. Good luck.

fhaust

Apr 21, 2021

fhaust

Apr 21, 2021
I think the rom maintainer forgot to put a changelog that the new update is now based on non-cfw, I have inspected the zip, it's indeed non-cfw rom.

Unbrick your phone by this https://www.xda-developers.com/bypass-mediatek-sp-flash-tool-authentication-requirement/

Can confirm that this works ... just some extra hoops to jump through.

I am back to stock rom now ... is there a guide on how to install custom roms without CFW yet? Just flashing the non-CFW TWRP puts me in a boot loop again.

Flashing this ROM via SP Flash Tool does not seem to be possible as the scatter file is not compatible?

riskio

Jan 18, 2011
Can confirm that this works ... just some extra hoops to jump through.

I am back to stock rom now ... is there a guide on how to install custom roms without CFW yet? Just flashing the non-CFW TWRP puts me in a boot loop again.

Flashing this ROM via SP Flash Tool does not seem to be possible as the scatter file is not compatible?
only flash miui fastboot rom

riskio

Jan 18, 2011
Hmm ... can you elaborate?

I flashed MIUI (the 4.4 GB fastboot version here) which brought me back to stock MIUI.
Then I flashed TWRP (the non-CFW version) and now I am in a fastboot loop, so apparently that's not what I supposed to do :)
twrp for cfw should only be installed after you have installed cfw.
otherwise bootloop is normal

abhishekkr04

Mar 21, 2019

So can we install this rom without downgrading to Android 9 on MIUI? I am really confused right now. I was earlier on Pixel Experience, which I flashed without downgrading to A9 MIUI. So can I do that with PixysOS?

Can you please help me?

Reactions: fhaust

eevli

Jun 1, 2020
I think I really bricked it this time. I was coming from Pixys 10 the last version I believe. I cleared the caches as instructed and ran the Gapps version posted here. Upon reboot I got nothing but a black sceen with no activity.

The only response I get at this point is that when it's plugged in there is a charging light and if I do vol up or down plus power the charging light will blink after a few seconds.

I did have the preloader installed etc. My screen is black now and it just seems that it won't turn on at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Edit attempting

Last edited:

antony.ps

Feb 22, 2011
Florianópolis
I think I really bricked it this time. I was coming from Pixys 10 the last version I believe. I cleared the caches as instructed and ran the Gapps version posted here. Upon reboot I got nothing but a black sceen with no activity.

The only response I get at this point is that when it's plugged in there is a charging light and if I do vol up or down plus power the charging light will blink after a few seconds.

I did have the preloader installed etc. My screen is black now and it just seems that it won't turn on at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
There are various unbrick tutoriais using sp flash tools, this one for example:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pixys_banner.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

about.png

Pixys is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware. We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own juice into it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.

team.png

@Subinsmani
    @rahul9999
    @@ki
    @Shreejoy Dash
    @kvijaya
    @AxelBlaz3
    @Psycho-Mods
    @aswin_a_s
    @gero
    @melvingarcia

donation.png

Support Us if you like our work

Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at
    Telegram
    : https://telegram.me/pixysos_chat

features.png

Coming soon :)

source.png

Pixys: PixysOS
    Pixys Device Sources: PixysOSDevices

install.png

Before doing anything please check Megathread for CFW migration.

MEGATHREAD

- Backup your personal data (Important)
    - Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    - Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    - Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache(DON'T WIPE VENDOR).
    - Flash the ROM + Gapps Zipfile(if using non-gapps build).
    - Flash Magisk v21 for root.
    - Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every update (= ROM Update)

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk stable
    Magisk v21 is required for root.

download.png

Download

known_issues.png

Selinux permissive.
    Nightlight.

credits.png

- Google for AOSP
    - AOSCP
    - Dirty Unicorns
    - Pixel experience
    - AOSP extended
    - LineageOS
    - Nitrogen Os
    - Bootleggers Rom
    - Superior OS
    - AICP & POSP Team for thread template idea
    - Also many pro devlopers who all help us to bring this rom to you..
    - Please let us know if we forgot to mention your name in credits..​

XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors:

@Agent_fabulos
    @zidan
    @Sahil_Sonar

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/PixysOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mt6785

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Version: v4.0.3
    Release Date: 03-11-2020
    Last Updated: 22-12-2020
    I'm getting a weird bug, i can only install android Q(CesiumOS 2.6, or Resurection Remix, PixysOS 3.1). When i try to use PixysOS 4.x it bootloop to fastboot mode.. (tried orange TWRP, the unnoficial ones) nothing is change so far.. Any ideas?

Use TWRP-3.4.0.2 and flash cfw v 3.1 also don't wipe vendor while flashing
    I don't understand. I see two downloads for the 2 separate variants. For example, 1 gapps download is 1.15 GB and another is 1.25GB. I think the site mixed up the same date for an older version too. This is same with the vanilla variants. U need to fix this.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw that one is v4.0.2 and another is v4.0.3 later when looked more carefully:):).

Actually i released december patch build and on the same day pixysos org asked maintainers to release a new build which was 4.0.3, So both the builds have same date.
    Actually i released december patch build and on the same day pixysos org asked maintainers to release a new build which was 4.0.3, So both the builds have same date.
    I understand. BTW, great job with the latest v.4.0.3 update...this one is actually very good. I'm really satisfied. All functionality almost perfect. I had bugs before with chat bubbles, voice recognition and some other things...works pretty fine now

P.S- I wanted ask, are u trying out the Gcam stable build of wyroczen 7.3 on ur phone? I use it usually and i need buffer fix for the viewfinder lag. So, as the magisk module crashes the cameraAPI function I have to flash a different TWRP flashable zip separately. Got it from a telegram group for burial Gcam. (attaching it for u JIC) It worked fine before but I'm unable to find any improvement in the viewfinder or processing this time.

EDIT- It suddenly worked after 2 or 3 tries in TWRP. Donno what happened. but still very slight stuttering than usual. performance got boosted tho.
    Amazing rom.
    Here's one thing that I faced in Pixel extended that I am facing with this rom as well and it's kind of annoying.
    In not so well lit conditions like semi dark room, the adaptive brightness jumps from 0 to 50 (and vice versa). This never happened in stock MiUi.

Otherwise, the ROM is terrific so far and I am glad that I brought a phone where developers continue to release new updates