[ROM][cheeseburger][9.0.X] LineageOS 16.0 (Pie) for Oneplus 5

Search This thread

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
not really relevant, builds would still be built, even without new commits.
thanks for the info though!

For some devices, it is indeed the case that there are daily builds even without any changes. But there are several examples where builds are only compiled upon changes or triggered by something or someone. I bothered never to understand why. But this is contrary to your statement. Would you have facts? Couldn't find any clear info now.

HoaXxX

Sep 15, 2010
back when the OP5 got regular, daily LOS 16.0 nightlies, i sometimes noticed that there weren't any new commits in the diff against the previous day's build. unfortunately the commit log on the LOS download page doesn't go back that far.
however, the scenario you're describing, builds being triggered on demand, might explain why weekly builds for OP5 weren't always regular, even before the general outage.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Awaiting the official builds to come back (https://status.lineageos.org/) :

No need to flash a migration_keys script.
Tested from official to unofficial (and vice-versa) on my OP3T (BL locked and unencrypted) and my OP5T (BL unlocked and encrypted)

From official build to unofficial build:
Boot to TWRP
Flash/install unofficial build :
- https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=309545 - Not signed build
==> lineage-16.0-20200522-UNOFFICIAL-cheeseburger.zip
roomservice.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger" path="device/oneplus/cheeseburger" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common" path="device/oneplus/msm8998-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oppo_common" path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998" path="kernel/oneplus/msm8998" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
</manifest>
Restart to System

From unofficial build to official build:
Delete your fingerprints and screen lock before flashing official build.
Boot to TWRP
Flash/install official build (https://download.lineageos.org/cheeseburger)
Restart to System

Edit : if your screen lock (for me, a pattern) and fingerprints are not restored after flashing official build, a well-known workaround using TWRP terminal or file manager if rooted, is to delete :
the lock screen files
/data/system/gatekeeper.*
/data/system/locksettings.*
and if using fingerprints,
/data/system/users/0/fpdata
/data/system/users/0/settings_fingerprint.xml

Last edited:

KehoR

May 9, 2015
With every Wifi (2.5/5 etc) my wifi connection isn't stable. For example, when I'm watching a 10minutes video on YouTube my wifi disconnect and reconnect three times. It is not a big issue in that case, because the YouTube buffer preload bit the video in advance, but when I m browsing on the web sometimes I have to wait 10sec that my wifi reconnects in order to load a page.
I m using the last official update 16, Gapps nano, Magisk, Firmware 9.0.9.

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
With every Wifi (2.5/5 etc) my wifi connection isn't stable. For example, when I'm watching a 10minutes video on YouTube my wifi disconnect and reconnect three times. It is not a big issue in that case, because the YouTube buffer preload bit the video in advance, but when I m browsing on the web sometimes I have to wait 10sec that my wifi reconnects in order to load a page.
I m using the last official update 16, Gapps nano, Magisk, Firmware 9.0.9.
Must have something to do with your connection/router. No such issues here

Reactions: KehoR

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
no (or extremely slow?) GPS fix

I am using this model only since a few months. Initially, GPS was working fine while a bit on the slow side to get a fix. Lately, I haven't got a GPS fix within a decent period (around 10 min). Using GPSTest, I can see that several satellites are visible. Running official LineageOS 16.0 with OpenGApps Pico.

Anyone having similar issues or even a solution?

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
I am using this model only since a few months. Initially, GPS was working fine while a bit on the slow side to get a fix. Lately, I haven't got a GPS fix within a decent period (around 10 min). Using GPSTest, I can see that several satellites are visible. Running official LineageOS 16.0 with OpenGApps Pico.

Anyone having similar issues or even a solution?
No

djrion

Oct 30, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
I mean there was an issue a year or so ago, but that was fixed at some point. I believe it carried forward from LOS 15 but was corrected pretty much early on in pie. Or slightly before pie can't recall. Shouldn't be any issues now, I'm not experiencing anything. Think GPS locks have always been a bit slower for me in LOS. But i don't have anything to compare it to in recent memory either. It most likely seems slow cause I am impatient is my guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: js-xda

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
I mean there was an issue a year or so ago, but that was fixed at some point. I believe it carried forward from LOS 15 but was corrected pretty much early on in pie. Or slightly before pie can't recall. Shouldn't be any issues now, I'm not experiencing anything. Think GPS locks have always been a bit slower for me in LOS. But i don't have anything to compare it to in recent memory either. It most likely seems slow cause I am impatient is my guess.
I use device mode only, because I don't use gapps, so I have to rely on GPS. It's always fast for me. Of course you need to be outside

djrion

Oct 30, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
I use device mode only, because I don't use gapps, so I have to rely on GPS. It's always fast for me. Of course you need to be outside
Not arguing with you. Just pointing out that this issue DID exist with this ROM at one point. It may be worth the OP to dig a little through this thread or the previous ver to see what was going on.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
Not arguing with you. Just pointing out that this issue DID exist with this ROM at one point. It may be worth the OP to dig a little through this thread or the previous ver to see what was going on.

I had seen some earlier posts on GPS issues indeed but it appeared to be resolved. That's why I was wondering whether it had reappeared out of whatever reason. But appears to be an individual occurrence. While having GApps installed, I am running also the device only mode for location info.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
I had seen some earlier posts on GPS issues indeed but it appeared to be resolved. That's why I was wondering whether it had reappeared out of whatever reason. But appears to be an individual occurrence. While having GApps installed, I am running also the device only mode for location info.

I tested further and, after leaving the phone again for 15 min under open blue sky, it connected again. This was prior to installing the last weekly build (June 29th) which mentions something about GLONASS in the changelog (details provided are rather scarce). But it works also since then with the normal, a bit slow (1 min) fix. No clue what the problem was but appears to be solved for now. Let's see what the further pending change ("gps: Correct week rollover timestamps") will bring. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and observations.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
Has anyone some solid facts about further builds of LineageOS 16.0 for cheeseburger? According to https://download.lineageos.org/cheeseburger/changes/, there are plenty of changes by now but no new build since more than the current weekly interval (close to 2 weeks by now). No news on reddit either.

Sorry, found the answer already a few days ago (and there is a new build up today) but forgot to post:

There were some issues with the build environment: thread 1, thread 2

Reactions: vdbhb59 and sky01x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

SCREENSHOTS

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.
    This thread is not the right place to discuss about mods/addons.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Make sure your phone was running OxygenOS 5.1.4 at least once
    - Remove custom encryption pins/passwords else decryption will fail!
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM LOWER VERSION
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it was installed on your previous LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 16.0: Official | Unofficial
    Firmware: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cheeseburgerdumplings/files/16.0/cheeseburger/firmware/
    Migration-Tools: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    SU-Addon: Official | Unofficial
    Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/
    TWRP: TWRP by codeworkx | Official

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
    Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

TELEGRAM GROUP
    https://t.me/joinchat/GQS-ghNaf-1YMpjSbh_puQ
    uploading new build:
    - upgraded kernel to LA.UM.7.4.r1-04100-8x98.0
    - upgraded wifi driver to LA.UM.7.4.r1-04100-8x98.0
    - upgraded ipa to LA.UM.7.4.r1-04100-8x98.0
    - fixed issue with oemnvitems
    - fixed issue with mac generators
    - fixed ims symlinks
    Well i trust codeworkx not trying to blame him about anything, just a little curious on whats happening in the backgrounds

Man I'm dying for VoLTE fix this is very very very usable as a daily driver !!!

We're basically waiting for some kind of beta release of android p for oneplus 5/5t or any other msm8998 phone to be able to steal new IMS blobs (VoLTE) since the old blobs cause the whole radio stack to go crazy.
    Without VoLTE we could already have fully stable builds.
    KNOWN ISSUES
    none
    lineage-16.0-20181226_105620-UNOFFICIAL-cheeseburger.zip
    - requires 9.0.0 firmware

TELEGRAM GROUP
    https://t.me/joinchat/GQS-ghNaf-1YMpjSbh_puQ