[ROM] CherryCM12.1 (Stock+Cherry Picks) (2015-06-06) {DELTA OTA,NO FORCED ENCRYPTION}

Search This thread

danielbahl

Feb 23, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
v5.dk
I like my rom-developers, like I like my emotions, with sunglasses :cool:

I just got my shamu and I love this device - but I miss some awesome features like Navigation Ring etc.

I will flash your CherryCM12 now :) Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

‘ dB

Reactions: piit79

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Is the next update going to include faux kernel again? I was planning on just waiting until you could include that in again before updating.
I will look into that as soon as I'm sure it's working correctly. In the mean time you can flash FauxKernel separately - see link in OP.

Jibe@

Feb 20, 2012
I wonder if the deep sleep issues could be related to the theme engine. Its funny because they seem to be intermittent. If I reboot they go away, but tend to come back sometime later in the day. So hard to track down.

rmx36

Aug 1, 2014
Right now, I have faux kernel, stock android 5.0 sounds, and your ROM with Blue Matte CM12 theme. Perfectly happy right now. Great ROM.

Reactions: piit79

rmx36

Aug 1, 2014
Are we going to expect to have android 5.1 on this ROM soon? Also, what was included in the latest update?

j0nnymoe

Dec 13, 2010
Updated to latest release, Franco kernel installed, settings crashes when selecting "display & lights", tried clearing cache. Any ideas?

lahegry

Apr 8, 2010
live oak
Last edited:

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Updated to latest release, Franco kernel installed, settings crashes when selecting "display & lights", tried clearing cache. Any ideas?
Strange, I get no crashes on either the stock kernel or FauxKernel 005... If you have moment, could you send me a logcat of the crash? Just the relevant part when you click the settings category, there will be an exception.

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Anyone having issues with SystemUI crashing when you go to landscape mode, after the latest build? Just thought I'd ask if it's a known issue before I go reflashing roms and whatnot.

Yup, just tried it, reverted to older backup till fixed[emoji6]
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...d-5-1-lollipop-source-code-to-aosp-right-now/
And here we go[emoji6]
That's strange, I don't get any crashes - I never publish a build without testing it first.

Are you two using the Theme Engine by any chance? I read about issues with it in the latest CM12 builds.

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Ah good, so it's not just me. Unfortunately for me, I live life on the edge and don't have a backup lol. Guess I'm sitting tight waiting for the next update! lol
If I may - a TWRP backup takes less than 2 minutes on my phone (~7 GB of system+data, unencrypted) which is dead fast if you ask me. So that's what I always do before updating :)

Unless you enjoy the adrenalin of course :D

Strange, I get no crashes on either the stock kernel or FauxKernel 005... If you have moment, could you send me a logcat of the crash? Just the relevant part when you click the settings category, there will be an exception.
Will do!
If I may - a TWRP backup takes less than 2 minutes on my phone (~7 GB of system+data, unencrypted) which is dead fast if you ask me. So that's what I always do before updating :)

Unless you enjoy the adrenalin of course :D

I just enjoy the rush ;)

That's strange, I don't get any crashes - I never publish a build without testing it first.

Are you two using the Theme Engine by any chance? I read about issues with it in the latest CM12 builds.
I am using Theme Engine, but I have tried disabling that, as well as disabling all my xposed modules.

Here's my catlog (focused on Settings) when my landscape crashes.

http://paste.ml/foki.coffee

edit-
I forgot I had modified the dimensions of my nav bar. Before the most recent update, I had the modified nav bar and was able to rotate properly, but I can't anymore. Oh well, I've reverted to stock nav bar height and all is well. Thanks for responding!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HAI!

Coming from the excellent @temasek CM12 build on my Note 3 to a stock CM12 on my new Nexus 6 I was unpleasantly surprised by how many features were added by Temasek and not in stock CM12.
    Including some very useful ones that I was missing sorely.

So, instead of waiting for CM12 to merge them I decided to roll my own build :) I took stock CM12 source and cherry picked a few features below.
    I humbly present to you CherryCM12.1 (renamed to distinguish it from the other one :) )

Features:
    • Encryption is not forced in boot image
    • Add per app controls for LP keyguard notifications - got merged into CM12 :) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/87792/
    • Slim heads up customizations for LP (heads up notification improvements) - NOT MERGED INTO CherryCM12.1 yet
    • Navbar tweaks (customizable height and width) - NOT MERGED INTO CherryCM12.1 yet
    • LCD density change in Display settings that doesn't interfere with Play Store - got merged into CM12.1 :)
    • Ability to disable search bar in recents - got this one merged as well: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/80224/
    • Wireless charging notification follows standard charging notification settings - this is actually my own contribution for a change :) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88121/ - MERGED!
    • Quick Settings - option to show 4 tiles per row - NOT MERGED INTO CherryCM12.1 yet
    • FauxKernel by @faux123 available for download below for IntelliPlug, Color controls etc. I suggest you go purchase his excellent FauxClock app, it's definitely worth it!
    • Incremental updates via built in updater based on @Chainfire's OpenDelta READ MORE BELOW
    • SuperSU shortcut in Settings (if installed)
    Updating:
    Please note there is a permissions issue at the moment preventing the updater to flash the new update. Please reboot to recovery and flash it manually from /sdcard/OpenDelta. I'm working on a fix.
    You can get the new builds using the built-in updater - only a fraction of data (25-30 MB) will need to be downloaded.
    • You need to have the previous build on your SD card for the incremental update to work
    • If you want to have more zips flashed after updating, just put them into /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate
    More features will be added gradually. If there's an existing feature from another ROM you would like to see included please let me know and I'll do my best.

Disclaimer:
    The builds work on my device(TM). However, you take full responsibility for flashing them on your device.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */
    Download: http://fatsoft.uk/android/shamu/
    [QRCODE]http://fatsoft.uk/android/shamu/[/QRCODE]

FauxKernel for CM12.1: http://fatsoft.uk/android/shamu/kernel/
    This is a standalone FauxKernel for CM12.1.

Gapps:
    Gapps are not included. I recommend using AROMA-LP-Gapps.

Source:
    Credits:
    I don't take any credit. I merely set up the source, cherry picked the commits and did some manual merging. All credit goes to:
    • CyanogenMod for the main source
    • @faux123 for FauxKernel
    • @Chainfire for OpenDelta
    • All the authors of cherry-picked commits (see my GitHub above for details)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CherryCM12, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    piit79
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-18
    Last Updated 2015-01-27
    Changelog:
    Only local changes are shown. Up to date CM12.1 sources are pulled for each build. For full CM12.1 changelog see http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2015-05-17
    • This might be the last build. I don't see much use of this ROM and frankly much point any more as most of the changes I wanted have been merged into CM12.1. Thanks for using CherryCM12.1!
    2015-05-05
    • No delta this time as the update wouldn't patch correctly for me for some reason (gets stuck at 33%)
    • FauxKernel 007 repacked with CM12.1 ramdisk available
    2015-04-26
    • Fixed missing Updates menu
    • Delta updates should hopefully work again with the next build - I implemented a workaround using root
    2015-04-20
    • Rebased to CM12.1 (Android 5.1)
    • Only a few commits cherry-picked so far
    • New Gapps needed otherwise you'll get FCs (see link in OP)
    2015-04-02
    • My change fixing wireless charging notification got merged! :)
    • Upstream CM12 updates
    2015-03-23
    • Only upstream CM12 changes today
    2015-03-16
    • New FauxKernel 006 repacked with CM12 ramdisk available for download
    • Notable upstream CM12 changes: hue/saturation controls in the stock kernel! No more ugly over-saturated colours :)
    2015-03-09
    • New FauxKernel 005 repacked with CM12 ramdisk available for download
    • Notable upstream CM12 changes: LiveDisplay
    2015-03-01
    • Just upstream CM12 updates
    • There is some kind of bug in the updater - it won't reboot and install the new zip automatically. Please reboot to recovery and flash the zip in /sdcard/OpenDelta manually.
    2015-02-22
    • Ability to show 4 quick settings tiles per row (Notification Drawer)
    • Comes with stock kernel by default again to investigate some deep sleep issues - you can download FauxKernel separately
    2015-02-15
    • Just upstream CM12 updates this time - new features coming soon :)
    2015-02-11
    2015-02-09
    • Just upstream CM12 updates this time
    2015-02-07
    • Wireless charging notification now follows standard charging notification settings - changed to this behaviour to try to get it into CM12: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88121/
    • CM12 new features: Power button shutter in stock Camera
    2015-02-05
    • CM12 update
    2015-02-03
    • Wireless charging notification is customizable - this is actually my own contribution for a change :)
    • CM12 new features: Navigation ring
    2015-02-02
    • FauxKernel updated to 004
    • CM12 changes: colour controls
    2015-02-01
    • FauxKernel built with correct config again (it was built with stock config last 2 builds)
    • Double tap to wake fixed and merged into CM12
    2015-01-30
    • Stock kernel replaced with FauxKernel by @faux123 for IntelliPlug, Color controls etc. I suggest you go purchase his excellent FauxClock app, it's definitely worth it!
    • Notable upstream updates: Navbar customization, Navbar arrow keys, WhisperPush settings
    2015-01-29
    • Native LED notifications were merged into CM12 and improved to provide more colour combinations
    2015-01-28
    • Native LED notification / Battery light configurable from Notification settings - currently limited to 3 colours (red, green, blue) and no flashing (that might change but will require kernel driver modification)
    • Replaced Double touch to wake implementation with Steve Kondik's one from Gerrit - still doesn't work due to permissions issue. I must be missing something.
    2015-01-27
    • ROM renamed to CherryCM12 to distinguish it from the other one :)
    • Fixed reboot in built-in updater + a few little improvements
    • Fixed Recents layout with hidden search bar
    • Prepared HAL for Double touch to wake - option now visible in Display settings but not working due to permissions issue (not quite sure what's going on - permissions are correct AFAICT)
    2015-01-26
    • Ability to disable search bar in recents (Settings - Status bar)
    • Updated the binary blobs that I forgot to do yesterday
    2015-01-25
    • LCD density can be set in Display settings - it doesn't interfere with Play Store
    • SuperSU shortcut in Settings (if installed)
    2015-01-24
    • The build can now be downloaded using the built-in updater (read more in the OP)
    • Re-styled the updater to fit into the settings and to be more materially
    • Reverted to the new official CM12 bootanimation
    • Notable updates in upstream source: f2fs supported in kernel, new QS tiles, lock screen shortcuts
    2015-01-22
    • Integrated incremental updates using OpenDelta
    • Notable updates in upstream source: expanded desktop
    2015-01-20
    • Navbar tweaks (show/hide, customizable height and width)
    2015-01-19
    • Disabled forced encryption in the boot image
    2015-01-18
    • Add per app controls for LP keyguard notifications (to filter notifications shown on the lock screen)
    • Slim heads up customizations for LP (heads up notification improvements)
    • Replaced boot animation with improved 60fps version of the stock Android one
    Hi guys (I don't think there are any gals here, are there? :) ),

Sorry there haven't really been any constructive changes/feature additions in CherryCM12, I've had so little time to spend on this ROM lately. I'm sticking to building at least every other day. I have set up Jenkins and will probably switch to automated builds soon to make things easier :) I have become a bit active on CM Gerrit and I'm trying to push some features into mainline CM12. I was already successful with the main feature - Per app controls for keyguard notifications (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/87792/). Now I've picked up some other changes and updated the patches to make them more acceptable.

If you have any nice features you've seen in other ROMs, please don't hesitate to suggest them, I'll try to cherry-pick them into CherryCM12.
    A new build is up.

This will probably be the last build of CherryCM12.1. I don't see much use of the ROM and also much point any more - most of the changes I was missing early on have been merged into CM12.1.
    Also, the delta updates broke for some unknown reason. First the writing to /cache wouldn't work and now the delta patching gets stuck at 33%. I feel like without this CherryCM12.1 doesn't really bring anything.

Thanks for having used CherryCM12.1! It's been fun :)
    No worries, just noticed the comment about encryption so I will have to pass. Thanks for bringing this to everyone and for the quick response.
    I'll definitely look into disabling forced encryption, I see it could have a great appeal :)

Alternatively I could package the ROM with LeanKernel (if the developer agreed).