[ROM][CLANG][8.1.0][whyred] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Does anyone have problem with Android Wear OS? I tried to install / uninstall a few times both from Play Store and Yalp Store+, it always stuck at this launch screen:

:crying:

How do you attach an image from a PC web browser?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I know it's a little bit off the topic, but as a Software Architect / Senior Developer, I can't seem to find a way to attach a screenshot or a log file to a post, what piece of sh*t this xdadevelopers website is? Don't believe me, there is even a 9 pages long post about how to attach a file from within a PC: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1702891&page=8
Hats off to sgspluss for the great ROM, it's just this website is really annoying. This post is indeed a result of frustration.

You mean the launch screen direcly if you open the app? I've tried to install and launch it, i can configure my (not owned) wear, means can not configure it until it want to connect with bluetooth.

Upload you picture as attachment or if its not possible for any reason, who knows what they are, on dropbox, google account or elsewhere and post the link. I understand that you are frustrated my friend, maybe talk to any mod/admin could be also an solution.

Btw: we have a great time in hollidays, my little family enjoy the time far away from the everyday life. We will drive back on friday evening so back at home on saturday morning, anytime then you can expect some updates for kernel and rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

Last edited:

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
You mean the launch screen direcly if you open the app? I've tried to install and launch it, i can configure my (not owned) wear, means can not configure it until it want to connect with bluetooth.

Upload you picture as attachment or if its not possible for any reason, who knows what they are, on dropbox, google account or elsewhere and post the link. I understand that you are frustrated my friend, maybe talk to any mod/admin could be also an solution.

Btw: we have a great time in hollidays, my little family enjoy the time far away from the everyday life. We will drive back on friday evening so back at home on saturday morning, anytime then you can expect some updates for kernel and rom.

Thank you for understanding and this great rom. And have a pleasant journey home! I will try to upload files again in a couple of days. I think it's because I had less than 10 posts, thus were cut off from attaching anything.

Reactions: in_out

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
After two weeks in holidays with my family i am back in game! ;)

New kernel is done and runs already on my phone, if everything goes well you can expect update soon. Why i've test it longer as usual, because its rebased means clean up code a bit and remove wakelock blocker for example.

For more information about this looks into basickernel thread and read the latest post from me: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/kernel-basickernel-t3858954

New lineage-15.1 will release after may security patch is out, this means this time i will skip april security patch (sadly but sorry, you know my time reason).

So stay tuned...

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
Just want to say huge thanks for this ROM.
It's what I wanted: updateable vanilla LOS on Oreo.
Also rom so smooth, have good RAM management and battery life.
As bonus friendly developer and people in thread :)
P.S. Sealed "thanks" with a cup of coffee.

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
guys, I'm running out of hope here and I need your help with this ROM

the problem is that I can't defeat (or understand) strange proximity sensor behavior
during call I somehow can (with my ear?) change folder location on home screen, tur on airplane mode, open an app, etc.
I frankly don't know how and why this happens, because in my opinion I'm standing/sitting still during conversations

yesterday I've performed a clean install (wipe and format, install this ROM + GApps + Magisk) and today I'm facing this proximity sensor issue again

actually I'm not sure it's proximity sensor's fault, may be it's me missing something

if you don't have similar issue please tell me how did you installed this ROM
may be you did it after MIUI without formatting data? may be I need another zip to install?

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
the problem is that I can't defeat (or understand) strange proximity sensor behavior
during call I somehow can (with my ear?) change folder location on home screen, tur on airplane mode, open an app, etc.
I frankly don't know how and why this happens, because in my opinion I'm standing/sitting still during conversations

If you have anykind of problems, or just think to have one, send me logcat and demsg this will show whats wrong (or not).

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
If you have anykind of problems, or just think to have one, send me logcat and demsg this will show whats wrong (or not).

thanks, I'll try to catch that

after reading 4pda topic about this phone I found out that it's a common problem for many people on custom ROMs
one of the solutions is to enable auto-brightness, the other one is to use different proximity sensor apps to make sure that sensor is active all the time

olivierboro

Jun 29, 2012
thanks, I'll try to catch that

after reading 4pda topic about this phone I found out that it's a common problem for many people on custom ROMs
one of the solutions is to enable auto-brightness, the other one is to use different proximity sensor apps to make sure that sensor is active all the time

I have this problem nearly each day. Usually it's the mute button which is pressed. Today it was airplane button. I use microg and auto brightness is already enabled. It's strange as the proximity sensors seems to be sensible enough.

Reactions: Bonoboo and zBear

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
I have this problem nearly each day. Usually it's the mute button which is pressed. Today it was airplane button.
yes, this one is also happened to me

I use microg and auto brightness is already enabled
I found many messages regarding this behavior on this phone and it's somehow hardware related
one person said he bought 2 devices and they have exactly the same twrp/rom/gapps/apps and one of the devices working fine and the other has this sensor issue
this person claimed that only MIUI-based ROMs don't have this problem

proximity sensors seems to be sensible enough
exactly
tested it yesterday and it's working fine, catches any obstacle starting from 4-5cm

I was suggested to use this apk - https://we.tl/t-J56tTNo2ff
just install it, press START and that's it, no need to restart it after reboot
was making some calls yesterday, it seems like this app helps

sgspluss,
when you make a call (pressed the contact or phone number) and put your phone to your ear, screen goes off immediately or after 2-3 sec delay?
some people suggested that this delay (I have it) is the sign of a problematic sensor

Reactions: Bonoboo

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
during call I somehow can (with my ear?) change folder location on home screen, turn on airplane mode, open an app, etc.?
Noticed that too, but need to clarify.

Seems there's no problem in whole sensor reliability: it works as intended, activates after 5 cm.
So no necessary to "calibrate" it though MIUI's testing menu. Also this information stored in /persist partition.
Restoring persist from user who claims no problem not helps (source)
Digged 4PDA thread too, there's examples of ROM's where no problem. So seems it's fixable? Or hardware as in your example? (Rhetoric questions)

As I tested, main problem that sensor starts monitoring after 2-3 seconds after making / answering call.
So screen on and sensitive to touches when already near head.

Important note: if cover sensor and answer call screen turns off immediately.
First time I thought it's default behavior for LOS, but on other phone with 15.1 all ok.

Can't confirm, that enabling auto-brightness fixes this, same behavior.
But helped app (ProximityServiceMonitor, source)
Install, launch, press "Start", completely disable notifications = done, bug fixed.

Attached logcat: incoming call, answer, sensor delay, call ended.
Seems nothing strange. Only happens "Dialer: ProximitySensor.turnOnProximitySensor - wake lock already acquired".

Attachments

• ProximityServiceMonitor_1.0.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Log_proximity_sensor_delay.txt
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: zBear

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
You and olivierboro talking about this? Or about random touches occurring in middle of conversation?
They can happen due dirty sensor or not tight pressing.
cant say for olivierboro, but I was talking about random touches in middle of conversation

example from last week:
during conversation I felt phone vibration, got a look at the screen and noticed that somehow the DND mode was ON, turned it OFF and continued the conversation, in a couple of minutes somehow the Airplane Mode was activated

also from last week:
after conversation (initiated by me) I look at the phone I it's on a VPN setup page

so for me it's like someone is playing with it during call
I need to perform an exorcism on it :)

P.S. zBear, we already met in threads for Redmi 3S :)
:highfive:

Reactions: in_out and Bonoboo

olivierboro

Jun 29, 2012
I saw that some apps like Sensor Lab can record proximity sensor activity. I'd like to use it to track if the sensor has lost detection during a call.

Reactions: Bonoboo

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
I was talking about random touches in middle of conversation
But was screen on or off like on some rom's?

I saw that some apps like Sensor Lab can record proximity sensor activity. I'd like to use it to track if the sensor has lost detection during a call.
Can't say for sure, because it's paid app (there is refund, yeah), but seems this not correct test, because sensor will be "busy" due app itself, not Dialer. Just like that fix app above.
App looks like same "sensor test app" like many other, not like "monitor of sensors use".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything

How to install
    1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
    2. Install the ROM + GApps
    3. Wipe again both cache partitions
    4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    opengapps

Donate
    You want support me with coffee or something else?
    Donate via PayPal

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @vasishath @Shahan_mik3 @nathanchance @kernel.org
    Just want to say thanks for your donations, it's not usual for an dev, to get this kind of support. What i've done with your help, bought an 240gb ssd to speed up the build process for example kernel building with hdd: 15 minutes - kernel building with ssd 10 minutes. Now you know what i've do with this kind of support, try to update my pc to make things better over the time, for all of us. :good:

New update is out...

If you want to know whats new, read post #2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78382920&postcount=2
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]lineage-15.1-20190310-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 9 and sdclang
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-03-01
    Revert some unnecessary patches
    Sync with latest basickernel sources
    Sync with latest LineageOS sources
    Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]lineage-15.1-20190224-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Fix camera bug

[B]lineage-15.1-20190219-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 8 and sdclang
    Update default density to 420
    Fix 2nd CPU detection

[B]lineage-15.1-20190113-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-01-01

[B]lineage-15.1-20181209-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Initial release
    @sgspluss
    any news regarding update?

no pressure, just curious :)

Hello my friend, hello guys,

Sure you can reach with an update, that is what i have promised you.
    To calm you down, i am also stuck on march security patch did not want to build new update for one reason.

Xiaomi released new kernel sources for pie, as known boots/works fine on pie firmware but not on oreo, thats where i am working on to bring the new kernel base up for oreo. In my tests it's booting already and works, now need to bring that up on github and add all changes (new and old one). If that work has be done, will update the lineage sources with newer one especially camera will be new system apk from pie, because contains some good changes... More you will see in changelog as soon as everything ready.

You see i am still working on everything, sadly the daily madness has me back after holidays, but give my best to release everything as soon as possible.

Stay tuned :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone