[ROM][CLANG][8.1.0][whyred] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

in_out

Aug 30, 2018
many thanks for continuously updating Oreo based lineage ROM and fixing the problems of rom
i want to report something
lineage default filemanager showing wrong file size info, however other filemanager is showing correct file size

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
@sgspluss
any news regarding update?

no pressure, just curious :)

Hello my friend, hello guys,

Sure you can reach with an update, that is what i have promised you.
To calm you down, i am also stuck on march security patch did not want to build new update for one reason.

Xiaomi released new kernel sources for pie, as known boots/works fine on pie firmware but not on oreo, thats where i am working on to bring the new kernel base up for oreo. In my tests it's booting already and works, now need to bring that up on github and add all changes (new and old one). If that work has be done, will update the lineage sources with newer one especially camera will be new system apk from pie, because contains some good changes... More you will see in changelog as soon as everything ready.

You see i am still working on everything, sadly the daily madness has me back after holidays, but give my best to release everything as soon as possible.

Stay tuned :highfive:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Sorry for the long delay but had some trouble in privat life...

Anyway here are the news which are importent for you, my whyred died (just the screen, but its unuseable) so took my old mido out and update it to have a phone for daily useage.

This means my whyred will end up in "dev phone" now i can test everything better as before, this ofers you better quality and better bug fixes nearly just in time, also i am now able to test new things without any hurry or being worry to break it (mostly kernel depending at the moment, because the rebased one have some problems).

I am not away and start the work again very soon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Have bought new one now on ebay for 26,99 euro. Replace it costs nothing, will do it on my own, well to be honest will try it... But hey how hard could it be. ;)

At the moment i am happy to use (since a long time) good old mido again, forgotten how nice the phone was.

But even if i've repaired the whyred, it will be my "dev phone" for some times. Need an working phone, as you know, if i am working on updates my whyred is shut off for few hours with testing stuff, flashing or solve bootloop. In meantime if my work or family try to call me, can not answer them and this is an no go at the moment.

This are just good news for all of you, means more time to test everything out, play with oreo and pie bootloader for both kernel versions, fixing bugs could be done now faster and so on.

We will see how the things goes on, hopefully everything goes well and we can start the game again very soon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

olivierboro

Jun 29, 2012
Have bought new one now on ebay for 26,99 euro. Replace it costs nothing, will do it on my own, well to be honest will try it... But hey how hard could it be. ;)

At the moment i am happy to use (since a long time) good old mido again, forgotten how nice the phone was.

But even if i've repaired the whyred, it will be my "dev phone" for some times. Need an working phone, as you know, if i am working on updates my whyred is shut off for few hours with testing stuff, flashing or solve bootloop. In meantime if my work or family try to call me, can not answer them and this is an no go at the moment.

This are just good news for all of you, means more time to test everything out, play with oreo and pie bootloader for both kernel versions, fixing bugs could be done now faster and so on.

We will see how the things goes on, hopefully everything goes well and we can start the game again very soon.
I changed my broken whyred screen some months ago and xiaomi has done a great job. No hairdryer needed, no glued parts. The main difficulty was to open the case with a kind of credit card (I ended with a small screw). There are great tutorials on YouTube. Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

Reactions: mankokoma

temporarium

May 16, 2012
@sgspluss, if I could make a request: please don't go the Pie direction. Please, let's have one solid and up to date Oreo ROM for the whyred. I'm on Bootleggers Oreo and love the real Xposed and the general stability that Congress with Oreo. Only issue is that it's not being updated with the latest security patches. So, give us total control of our devices!! ?

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
@sgspluss, if I could make a request: please don't go the Pie direction. Please, let's have one solid and up to date Oreo ROM for the whyred. I'm on Bootleggers Oreo and love the real Xposed and the general stability that Congress with Oreo. Only issue is that it's not being updated with the latest security patches. So, give us total control of our devices!!

+ 1
Havoc features + Oreo stability + security patches, that would be the party

+ 1
Havoc features + Oreo stability + security patches, that would be the party
Sorry wrong thread... this is LOS thread... for havoc features go to havoc thread... LOS is PURE LOS without extra features...
You can use gravitybox, Android P-ify, etc...for extra features on LOS...
Please can we stay on topic without some weird extras wishes..
Don't get me wrong but...
All I wish is stable and secure oreo LOS.
@sgspluss thank you for this wonderful ROM and hard work... hope you'll fix your whyred, its easy to replace display. Just don't rush, do it slowly..watch out for finger sensor flat cable... when you try to open don't pull..see under and detach it 1st.
Good luck.

Last edited:

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
I wasn't even aware of this thread! Wow! So I'm on currently on LOS 15.1-20181125-NIGHTLY-whyred and I was hoping to get some suggestions...

It seems to me these are basically security updates (no other features/fixes) is that right?
Would I have problems dirty flashing the latest unofficial over this?
One last question about what GCAM you guys are using, and what you might suggest.

Thanks everyone!

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Havoc is the one ROM I tried that does not have massive display shadowing on my phone. It uses Burn-In Protection. If that's the feature which is doing that, please consider.

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
It seems to me these are basically security updates (no other features/fixes) is that right?
Yes.
Would I have problems dirty flashing the latest unofficial over this?
Most likely no.
But you need to flash attached zip before rom.
Script replaces keys in /data/system/packages.xml from release to test (source)
One last question about what GCAM you guys are using, and what you might suggest.
It's offtopic here, but I highly recommend this version by xenius9
It gives more lighter photos in compassion to most mods. Also it have seems all possible now settings for fine tuning.
Tip: set saturation for main camera - 1.10 / 1.90, second - 1.10 / 2.00

Attachments

• upd_off2unoff.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
I had problems with similar migration
so I would recommend to backup everything (twice!) and only then try to dityflash

I was sharing my GCAM in this thread several pages back
Was it the we transfer link? If so, it expired...

Edit: could you post the mod name and version, so we can download it directly ourselves?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything

How to install
    1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
    2. Install the ROM + GApps
    3. Wipe again both cache partitions
    4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    opengapps

Donate
    You want support me with coffee or something else?
    Donate via PayPal

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @vasishath @Shahan_mik3 @nathanchance @kernel.org
    Just want to say thanks for your donations, it's not usual for an dev, to get this kind of support. What i've done with your help, bought an 240gb ssd to speed up the build process for example kernel building with hdd: 15 minutes - kernel building with ssd 10 minutes. Now you know what i've do with this kind of support, try to update my pc to make things better over the time, for all of us. :good:

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs
    New update is out...

If you want to know whats new, read post #2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78382920&postcount=2
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]lineage-15.1-20190310-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 9 and sdclang
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-03-01
    Revert some unnecessary patches
    Sync with latest basickernel sources
    Sync with latest LineageOS sources
    Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]lineage-15.1-20190224-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Fix camera bug

[B]lineage-15.1-20190219-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 8 and sdclang
    Update default density to 420
    Fix 2nd CPU detection

[B]lineage-15.1-20190113-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-01-01

[B]lineage-15.1-20181209-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Initial release
    @sgspluss
    any news regarding update?

no pressure, just curious :)

Hello my friend, hello guys,

Sure you can reach with an update, that is what i have promised you.
    To calm you down, i am also stuck on march security patch did not want to build new update for one reason.

Xiaomi released new kernel sources for pie, as known boots/works fine on pie firmware but not on oreo, thats where i am working on to bring the new kernel base up for oreo. In my tests it's booting already and works, now need to bring that up on github and add all changes (new and old one). If that work has be done, will update the lineage sources with newer one especially camera will be new system apk from pie, because contains some good changes... More you will see in changelog as soon as everything ready.

You see i am still working on everything, sadly the daily madness has me back after holidays, but give my best to release everything as soon as possible.

Stay tuned :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone