[ROM][CLANG][8.1.0][whyred] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

bezobid

May 12, 2018
Dual back camera unavailable

Hi guys. First of all, thanks sgspluss for maintaining this ROM! I've been using it for a while now, and overall I am very satisfied. One thing I've noticed is that second back camera (5mp) is not available in the latest build (20190310). I tried flashing an older build (20190113) as I remember that second camera was accessible before, and indeed I was able to cycle through all three cameras in stock Snap camera app. The bokeh mode is also available and working (it's ugly and crashing occasionally, but still). So is second back camera unavailable for everyone in the latest build? Or is it just me? I tried clean reflashing, did not help.

Another thing: "Kill app back button" feature (last item in developer options) is not working.

Last edited:

eerovil

Jan 25, 2017
Hey, thanks for this great ROM.

I'm using microG at the moment, and for each reinstall I need to enable signature spoofing with a separate tool (a slow one at that).

So, I'd just like to ask if you would be interested in providing a build with signature spoofing enabled? No pressure :)

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Lets say i am back again, screen replacement was done successfully.

It was easier i've thought, just need to be carefull a bit but not that hard. Tooked me around an hour, with little break to buy glue for the screen (was not included, my fault).

Will start the work on weekend again, update, build and test everything (kernel also on pie bootloader), and release it as soon as i am finished.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_095626.jpg
    IMG_20190627_095626.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20190627_100041.jpg
    IMG_20190627_100041.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 338

olivierboro

Jun 29, 2012
After some days with lineageos 16 with pie firmware, I m back to this rom. As I had to switch to arb4, I installed 9.5.19 firmware before reverting to oreo. Signal is much better (don't know if it's related to the fact that xiaomi had to reduce transmission power of the note 5 in France), proximity sensor is more reliable, battery lasts longer and maybe I forget some other things... Thanks again for this rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

Are you still working on this rom @sgspluss ?
I've already start the work, but as you know i have family and have to go to work. Its really hard to manage all under one hood, also we are going over my birthday on vacation next week and need to renovate second room for our second kid which will born (hopefully healthy) next year around february. As you see my private life takes nearly my full free time, a lot goes on actually.

I will give my best to get anything ready as soon as possible, but about the reasons above, my time for that is really limited.

Hope you understand it...

For all they dont want or/and cant wait, we have really good devs here, feel free to try also their work. :)
:cool:

olivierboro

Jun 29, 2012
I hope some roms will stay on oreo firmware. As you can see on this screenshot, battery is amazing : 4 days with light usage (4h sot) and still 17% left (using microg) . With pie firmware and los16, I was far from having such stats.

Reactions: Bonoboo
I hope some roms will stay on oreo firmware. As you can see on this screenshot, battery is amazing : 4 days with light usage (4h sot) and still 17% left (using microg) . With pie firmware and los16, I was far from having such stats.
Yap pie sux... didn't see any stable PIE ROM yet that's why I'm still on Oreo FW... and xposed is working 100%. .. but you can try RR ROM PIE based on Oreo FW (official)... best of the both worlds..
But I like the simplicity and regular updates, so I love LOS 15.1 + magisk modules + some xposed modules = stable ROM on steroids + long battery life :victory:

P.s.: I don't use gapps or microg, only f-droid, g-droid, aurora store. This gives you some extra battery life cca 1 day.

Last edited:
Reactions: olivierboro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything

How to install
    1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
    2. Install the ROM + GApps
    3. Wipe again both cache partitions
    4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    opengapps

Donate
    You want support me with coffee or something else?
    Donate via PayPal

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @vasishath @Shahan_mik3 @nathanchance @kernel.org
    Just want to say thanks for your donations, it's not usual for an dev, to get this kind of support. What i've done with your help, bought an 240gb ssd to speed up the build process for example kernel building with hdd: 15 minutes - kernel building with ssd 10 minutes. Now you know what i've do with this kind of support, try to update my pc to make things better over the time, for all of us. :good:

New update is out...

If you want to know whats new, read post #2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78382920&postcount=2
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]lineage-15.1-20190310-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 9 and sdclang
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-03-01
    Revert some unnecessary patches
    Sync with latest basickernel sources
    Sync with latest LineageOS sources
    Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]lineage-15.1-20190224-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Fix camera bug

[B]lineage-15.1-20190219-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Build with clang 8 and sdclang
    Update default density to 420
    Fix 2nd CPU detection

[B]lineage-15.1-20190113-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Update vendor security patch to 2019-01-01

[B]lineage-15.1-20181209-UNOFFICIAL-whyred.zip[/B]
    Initial release
    @sgspluss
    any news regarding update?

no pressure, just curious :)

Hello my friend, hello guys,

Sure you can reach with an update, that is what i have promised you.
    To calm you down, i am also stuck on march security patch did not want to build new update for one reason.

Xiaomi released new kernel sources for pie, as known boots/works fine on pie firmware but not on oreo, thats where i am working on to bring the new kernel base up for oreo. In my tests it's booting already and works, now need to bring that up on github and add all changes (new and old one). If that work has be done, will update the lineage sources with newer one especially camera will be new system apk from pie, because contains some good changes... More you will see in changelog as soon as everything ready.

You see i am still working on everything, sadly the daily madness has me back after holidays, but give my best to release everything as soon as possible.

Stay tuned :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone