[ROM][Clark][Official] Slim6 Weekly

Search This thread

ithvrean

Mar 19, 2016
I do not know of a fix on the echo, but if you search Google for BrokenOS, they have a MM rom which was released back in August that is rock solid. It is my daily go to rom. I am not sold on any Nougat roms yet to use as a daily.
I think Slim6 is a little smoother than BrokenOS. But BrokenOS does have lots of tweaks though. Since I don't use this phone to call that much I may stay in this rom instead of BrokenOS :)

CJ-Wylde

Feb 25, 2014
Madisonville
Anyone using the 7.0 beta?

I have, but am having an odd sound stutter on notifications, which I've had with most N ROMs, so I gave a few others a try and this morning am returning to this Slim 6 with hopes of including Magisk, which I've found oddly awesome on the one ROM that had it included already. That will provide me some perfection for a while until N ROMs get a little better.

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
I have, but am having an odd sound stutter on notifications, which I've had with most N ROMs, so I gave a few others a try and this morning am returning to this Slim 6 with hopes of including Magisk, which I've found oddly awesome on the one ROM that had it included already. That will provide me some perfection for a while until N ROMs get a little better.

Great. Thanks for the info!

CJ-Wylde

Feb 25, 2014
Madisonville
Anyone here know how to do Slim 6 without the included Su? I'm trying everything and am at a loss on how to make it happen. I did the install SuperSu, Update, then use it's Full Unroot... didn't work, just brought me back to built-in Su. REALLY want to use Magisk to it's fullest with Slim 6.

Hemidrosis

May 11, 2015
Anyone here know how to do Slim 6 without the included Su? I'm trying everything and am at a loss on how to make it happen. I did the install SuperSu, Update, then use it's Full Unroot... didn't work, just brought me back to built-in Su. REALLY want to use Magisk to it's fullest with Slim 6.

Download root browser.
Grant permissions.
Go to /system/xbin
Delete a file named "su"

Then Go to /system/bin
Delete file named "su"

Reboot.

dot64

Feb 29, 2012
Is there a fix for calls in speakerphone to work properly? When I am in a call and put it on speakerphone the person on the other end is not able to hear me.

najel

Apr 9, 2016
I am having issues with data on this ROM. I just switched from RR to this because it seems like all the 7.x ROMs are just so buggy. So far this one is perfect, except I can't get data working.

I am on a Verizon MVNO. In the APN list, there are a bunch listed, but none are the same as what my provider says it should be. The option to add one is not there, and when I edit an existing one, and save, it just disappears from the list. When i delete all of them, I see the message "APN settings not available for the current user profile". Any advice on this?

hellboyborn

Apr 10, 2011
KCAL

Hi guys, anyway to make KCAL work on this ROM, using any other kernel or some other way? The one I have has washed out colors cannot think of using it without adjusting the colors.

dot64

Feb 29, 2012
I am having issues with data on this ROM. I just switched from RR to this because it seems like all the 7.x ROMs are just so buggy. So far this one is perfect, except I can't get data working.

I am on a Verizon MVNO. In the APN list, there are a bunch listed, but none are the same as what my provider says it should be. The option to add one is not there, and when I edit an existing one, and save, it just disappears from the list. When i delete all of them, I see the message "APN settings not available for the current user profile". Any advice on this?

I'm running 2.0 STABLE and it is possible to add a new APN. Settings - More - Cellular Networks - Access Point Names. At the top right there is a circle with a + in it. This allows you to add a new APN. Just find the correct APN settings for your Verizon MVNO, set and reboot your phone. That should take care of it.

CJ-Wylde

Feb 25, 2014
Madisonville
I didn't realize this had been updated to 2.1 and did a fresh clean everything install today and installed Magisk 12 as well and everything is working perfectly!!! Thanks so much for this ROM!! I bounce around a bit, but with my final quirk out of the way with this one, I may have to settle in a bit until a new phone catches my interest.

hellboyborn

Apr 10, 2011
Awesome ROM, very stable, fluid and great battery life. Guys can someone tell me if I can use some other kernel with this ROM? I need KCal control.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slim6op.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    • SlimLauncher
    • Slim Recents
    • Navbar customisations & Hardware key rebinding
    • Custom QuickSettings
    • Chamber of secrets and SlimActions shortcuts
    • Doze/Ambient display options
    • Proximity wake and speaker
    • Status bar customizations (Clock and Battery)
    • Advanced reboot menu

Important Links

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!
    - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA: DevDB Information
    Slim6, ROM for the Motorola X Pure

Contributors
    @thompatry, @gmillz, @javelinanddart
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, CAF, CyanogenMod

Version Information

Current Issues:
    • Speaker phone mic is very quiet

Created 2016-010-16
    Last Updated 2016-10-17
    New weekly is up. Speaker phone is fixed. Other fixes are general improvements and code enhancements.

I am working on hotplugging and testing some core ctl changes. I will not release those changes till I determine it is stable.
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my tail off. 60 hours, 6 days a week. I have not forgotten about you guys. I have been diligently working on Slim N for you. There are some outstanding items that I am hoping to be fixed such as a very very very slow camera. I do not want to release it till I know everything is stable.

As always keep giving great feedback. I may not always reply, but I do read every single one of your posts.
    Good news everyone. Speakerphone should be fixed on the next weekly. Thank you to @invisiblek for digging in deeper to this.
    Thank you @javelinanddart for keeping up with this. Sorry guys I have been able to reply to every post here. I have been working 60 hours weeks so it makes it a bit difficult to stay caught up. New weekly is coming tonght. The stability of the ROM with be a lot better with this new build.

I will be looking into Bluetooth issues. The two issues I see is inaccurate battery stats reporting and a lot of drain when the adapter is in standby. I will let you know if I get anywhere with that. I will be working on Slim 7.0 soon too so stay tuned. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone