[ROM][Clark][Official] Slim6 Weekly

Search This thread

vietkao

Mar 2, 2013
Aberdeen
:(
The battery in general is great, the problem is only on stand by. I will use for some time. What gapp did you flash ocmylife?

Maybe it's because your bad signal? Have your clean flashed 1.10? The first time I tested the new power.sh from bullhead I hadn't that great battery life either. After that I clean flashed and I have nothing to complain about.

Edit: I use opengapps nano for now.

Yes, I just notice horrible standby battery drain. My mobile network is set to "global" and my gapps is pico opengapps (but i doubt it has anything to do with it. Cannot post any screenshot right now but I can confirm that it is the mobile network signal that keeps the phone awake the whole time.

My rear camera does not seems to be working in low battery (cannot connect to camera) but this happens with other ROM as well (stock and Trupure) so maybe it's the camera's problem at my end but some people are saying that it's kernel related.

Random reboot still happens. I just got two of those (once when I was reading with the kindle app and once as it was just sitting there charging).

Does anyone have root or super SU working? I think I lost it trying to update the SU binary in the app...

Edit: Nevermind, I just reflashed SuperSU in TWRP

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Root is in Developer Options>Root Access

javelinanddart

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Yes, I just notice horrible standby battery drain. My mobile network is set to "global" and my gapps is pico opengapps (but i doubt it has anything to do with it. Cannot post any screenshot right now but I can confirm that it is the mobile network signal that keeps the phone awake the whole time.

My rear camera does not seems to be working in low battery (cannot connect to camera) but this happens with other ROM as well (stock and Trupure) so maybe it's the camera's problem at my end but some people are saying that it's kernel related.

Random reboot still happens. I just got two of those (once when I was reading with the kindle app and once as it was just sitting there charging).

Root is in Developer Options>Root Access

Can you get me a last_kmsg after a random reboot? Random reboots seem to have greatly decreased from before, but it's possible there's other things going on.
last_ksmg is found in /proc/last_kmsg
If that file does not exist, /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops should be there, that could be useful

New update is just as laggy as before if not worse.. and a strange occourance: I delete photos on the sd card.. they come back Everytime a few hrs later..

Dunno about your photos, could be some software you use. And lag has been extensively tested, no one but you is experiencing lag on this rom, so I don't know what you're doing to make this happen. both of your issues sound like user error, not any problem with the ROM.

Reactions: OCmylife

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
@voredroid: Seriously, I don't know what's wrong on your end. I have no stutter or lag on this Rom and it's much faster than stock. I was on stock-rom before I switched to SlimRom again, so I know what I'm talking about. I use Amaze Explorer and have no issues, that my deleted files come back after a certain amount of time. I have deleted both system files and some on my sdcard.

HPAR

Feb 5, 2015
I'm in 1.10 and the rom is fluid and fast. The only lag I had (and it's not something constant) was the transition of the pictures, and some of them actually reappeared after I deleted ... LoL...As a suggestion for the next version, could change the photo gallery. Thanks devs, love this rom =)

javelinanddart

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
the only photo thing I use is the stock one on this rom.. and I suspect the lag may be from too much multi tasking..

I'm in 1.10 and the rom is fluid and fast. The only lag I had (and it's not something constant) was the transition of the pictures, and some of them actually reappeared after I deleted ... LoL...As a suggestion for the next version, could change the photo gallery. Thanks devs, love this rom =)

Hmm, our gallery app could be derped then. I use Google Photos myself, so I don't have such issues.

Has anybody been running games on latest 1.1? I was playing unkilled and kept getting kicked out back to main screen; no FC's or any error messages

We're looking into graphics crashes, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I'm switching back to the Moto x Pure after having an Axon 7 for a while. I am very interested in this ROM. A couple questions please. does that LED flashing thing still happen while quick charging? Will this be addressed it if it does? Also, related to that, do flashing notifications from the LED function ok? I know that has been one of the really weird things that nothing outside of CM has really mastered. For those who use ambient display - is it reliable? I really really miss the Moto Display but really want the better battery life that this ROM seems to offer. I barely got 3 hours SoT on stock.

Lastly, an obligatory xposed question...is anyone using xposed and what issues if any have you had so far? Just trying to gauge what's going to crop up.

Thanks

chris_dis

Mar 5, 2015
Bad Salzuflen
I'm switching back to the Moto x Pure after having an Axon 7 for a while. I am very interested in this ROM. A couple questions please. does that LED flashing thing still happen while quick charging? Will this be addressed it if it does? Also, related to that, do flashing notifications from the LED function ok? I know that has been one of the really weird things that nothing outside of CM has really mastered. For those who use ambient display - is it reliable? I really really miss the Moto Display but really want the better battery life that this ROM seems to offer. I barely got 3 hours SoT on stock.

Lastly, an obligatory xposed question...is anyone using xposed and what issues if any have you had so far? Just trying to gauge what's going to crop up.

Thanks

I cannot answer all of that, but what i can answer is that the led flashing when quick charging is still there and ambient display is working fine, although it doesnt have the responsiveness of the moto display. Battery seems good too

Reactions: xgerryx

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
I cannot answer all of that, but what i can answer is that the led flashing when quick charging is still there and ambient display is working fine, although it doesnt have the responsiveness of the moto display. Battery seems good too

Thanks!

Thanks

-Yes it still flashes when you quick charge. It is on my to do list to port over that overlay so you can disable it. I just haven't had time to do so since I have been so busy at work.
-All notification flashing is working.
-Ambient display is reliable. It is not the stock Moto Display version. I can easily get 3 hours of SoT.
-xposed: People can ask and answer questions here about xposed, but I will not fix the issue you are having if you have xposed installed.

Kinda got tired of CM crapping out when I needed my phone and jumped onto this one. Seems solid so far. The last i tried Slim was on my Nexus 4. Good times. This one looks to be a keeper.
Being a developer, planning to fork sources and see what I can contribute.
Good job, people.

Fantastic. I cannot wait!

-----------------------------------------

Great news everyone. New nightly should be out tomorrow with a lot of fixes and security patches. One of those is Bluetooth battery reporting is correct. Thanks for being patient and give great feedback. I really appriciated it. I will let everyone know when a new build is released.

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
@thompatry: I synced the sources yesterday morning with all your changes, that was merged and it's running flawless! Great job! :highfive:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161111-061154.png
    Screenshot_20161111-061154.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 271

HPAR

Feb 5, 2015
Hi devs, I saw
"Revert "clark: Kang init.qcom.power.sh from bullhead"
at "https://review.slimroms.org/#/q/status:eek:pen,100",
why? I´m just curious...

jason2678

Jul 1, 2014
St. Paul
Great ROM. Slim has always been one of my favorites.

Quick question. Is there no quick pulldown for the quick settings shade? I poked around status bar and a few other places, but I couldn't find it.

Reactions: HPAR

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Hi devs, I saw
"Revert "clark: Kang init.qcom.power.sh from bullhead"
at "https://review.slimroms.org/#/q/status:open,100",
why? I´m just curious...

I am looking at bring back core ctl. Right now I am testing with it. There will be some blob updates that go with that commit too.

Great ROM. Slim has always been one of my favorites.

Quick question. Is there no quick pulldown for the quick settings shade? I poked around status bar and a few other places, but I couldn't find it.

It is not a feature in Slim.

foski

Mar 23, 2012
Heads up - I was able to disable the flashing led during quick charging by using the Moto X LED app available in the play store with the attached settings. I've only had issues with the microphone during speaker phone calls as previously mentioned. Everything else is running great, including xposed.

Edit: Here is a direct link to the Moto X LED app on the play store. It takes effect on boot, so reboot your phone after configuration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161111-164105.png
    Screenshot_20161111-164105.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20161111-164414.png
    Screenshot_20161111-164414.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slim6op.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    • SlimLauncher
    • Slim Recents
    • Navbar customisations & Hardware key rebinding
    • Custom QuickSettings
    • Chamber of secrets and SlimActions shortcuts
    • Doze/Ambient display options
    • Proximity wake and speaker
    • Status bar customizations (Clock and Battery)
    • Advanced reboot menu

Important Links

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!
    - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA: DevDB Information
    Slim6, ROM for the Motorola X Pure

Contributors
    @thompatry, @gmillz, @javelinanddart
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, CAF, CyanogenMod

Version Information

Current Issues:
    • Speaker phone mic is very quiet

Created 2016-010-16
    Last Updated 2016-10-17
    New weekly is up. Speaker phone is fixed. Other fixes are general improvements and code enhancements.

I am working on hotplugging and testing some core ctl changes. I will not release those changes till I determine it is stable.
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my tail off. 60 hours, 6 days a week. I have not forgotten about you guys. I have been diligently working on Slim N for you. There are some outstanding items that I am hoping to be fixed such as a very very very slow camera. I do not want to release it till I know everything is stable.

As always keep giving great feedback. I may not always reply, but I do read every single one of your posts.
    Good news everyone. Speakerphone should be fixed on the next weekly. Thank you to @invisiblek for digging in deeper to this.
    Thank you @javelinanddart for keeping up with this. Sorry guys I have been able to reply to every post here. I have been working 60 hours weeks so it makes it a bit difficult to stay caught up. New weekly is coming tonght. The stability of the ROM with be a lot better with this new build.

I will be looking into Bluetooth issues. The two issues I see is inaccurate battery stats reporting and a lot of drain when the adapter is in standby. I will let you know if I get anywhere with that. I will be working on Slim 7.0 soon too so stay tuned. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone