|ROM| Clean AOSP |Android-6.0| |MRA58K| |10-11-2015|

Search This thread

jdubbs13

Apr 14, 2014
philly
Thanx for your hard work, nothing like barebones android.... Love it, smooth as silk and you can add to it if you want....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

SirOch

Jul 8, 2012
ARRAS
Thanks for for the SMS apk.
It is identical as Google messenger.
I will wait an aosp SMS update ;)

Cheers

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6

NLBeev

Jul 4, 2007
Scheveningen
. . . it won't have any of the debugging tools added nor will it have anything that can be found in the PlayStore.
. . . At any rate I feel that this gives the user more freedom on what they want installed.
. . . Also I will be releasing my source for this too if anybody wants to rebuild and add their own spin on it or contribute to the pre-existing rom.

This approach is how an OS like Android should be.

Reactions: Miustone

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Can I flash supersu and get root? Just wondering what methods you're talking about on op

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
Yes it will be I will finish editing my source and post instructions later today hopefully.

I see you pushed code up to github. I am gettin some errors using the manifest about repos that aren't valid. Any suggestions?
Code:
[email protected]:~/testrepo$ repo sync
Fetching project platform/packages/apps/Provision
Fetching project platform/hardware/qcom/msm8x26
Fetching project platform/external/bsdiff
Fetching project platform/packages/providers/CalendarProvider
fatal: remote error: 
  platform/hardware/qcom/msm8x26 is not a valid repository name
  Email [email protected] for help
  platform/external/bsdiff is not a valid repository name
  platform/packages/apps/Provision is not a valid repository name
  platform/packages/providers/CalendarProvider is not a valid repository name

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
I've tried to make the same edits you did, and I'm using Benzo's gapps. It seems that everything is working, except for the battery saving mode of locations. My weather app and even Facebook tell me that they get no location. But the worst thing is that I get soft reboots because of the location service missing network. Did you notice this too?

My logcat:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmm6fo3dc1coxzf/logcat4.txt?dl=0

Sent from my Nexus 6 running cyosp using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
I see you pushed code up to github. I am gettin some errors using the manifest about repos that aren't valid. Any suggestions?
Code:
[email protected]:~/testrepo$ repo sync
Fetching project platform/packages/apps/Provision
Fetching project platform/hardware/qcom/msm8x26
Fetching project platform/external/bsdiff
Fetching project platform/packages/providers/CalendarProvider
  platform/hardware/qcom/msm8x26 is not a valid repository name
  platform/external/bsdiff is not a valid repository name
  platform/packages/apps/Provision is not a valid repository name
  platform/packages/providers/CalendarProvider is not a valid repository name

I never did get to finish pushing everything needed had to step away from the project for a minute to get some life things done but I'm back and will update everything and push it all out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like a simple OP so ...

Just like the title says this IS and WILL be a CLEAN AOSP rom built from source, I really just build for myself but I don't mind sharing with the community.

You ask why share a basic AOSP rom?, well there are some people here that like a AOSP rom but don't have the time or the resources to build, also at one point I felt that Android in its infancy needed a lot of customization, but now its a lot better, plus with the invention of Xposed there's not enough reason to code in features when you can just download them.

This does not come with Google Apps installed you will have to install the ones you desire just make sure they're compatible with Android 6.0, and also this rom is not rooted so you will need a compatible root solution if you need root.

There is no screen shots since the is a non-themed AOSP rom, which will look like any other AOSP rom so please do not ask, and please be friendly to one another, and also please report anything broken I will try to fix it as I can.

DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347835456

MD5:
    2c1191564a694d53aca3cfdae65ad6f7
    ooo im first( NOPE 2ND) thanks for the upload ill give it a spin :good:

Yes testing out some things and trying to decide if I should build the whole system since no one does anymore for reference to a true aosp build.
    I don't think there is an AOSP messaging app available.

Yeah it is you can just pull it from your phone or extract it out of the update zip.

However its just the same as the Google Messenger app just green instead of blue and doesn't have the extra Google added crap.
    Just a heads up to whoever is using this, there is going to be another release shortly that is much "cleaner" it won't have any of the debugging tools added nor will it have anything that can be found in the PlayStore. This next release is pretty much just barebones and you will need to get a internet browser, camera, gallery app, music app, well you will see whats not there. At any rate I feel that this gives the user more freedom on what they want installed, so this is the new format for this rom and it is complete, the only thing that will happen now is updates to make it better. Also I will be releasing my source for this too if anybody wants to rebuild and add their own spin on it or contribute to the pre-existing rom.