• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] CleanCore N6 | MRA58K | 100% Lean Stock | 10/7/2015

Search This thread

kifac

Mar 27, 2012
Mississauga
don't flash supersu yet - I want people to test the build as is.

SuperSU beta v2.50 and up supports android 6.0 but only with a custom kernel

Yeah I figured, I just read up on it earlier. Damn 6.0
Downloading the cleancore zip and will report back once all goes well.
Wiping cache and dalvik is okey right? Don't want to lose everything on my phone.

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
Reactions: rolberding

kifac

Mar 27, 2012
Mississauga
ok, let me investigate

so i got M loaded on my devices. basically i followed these steps on Wug's Google+ and using his toolkit.

Yes - You can flash Android M Preview with NRT 2.0.5
- Google recently released Android M preview for N5, N6, N9 or NPlayer. If you want to try it out (no root support just yet, but progress) feel free to flash it with NRT:

1. Download the preview factory pack from their dev page: http://developer.android.com/preview/download.html

2. In NRT on the main interface chose 'Flash Stock + Unroot'

3. Select 'Other/Browse' and 'I downloaded a factory image myself that I would like to use instead'. Enable 'Force Flash Mode'. > Hit 'OK'

4. NRT will prompt you to select the factory image from your computer with a file select window, simply navigate to wherever you downloaed the tgz factory preview pack and select it.

5. When prompted, paste the corresponding MD5 Hashvalue provided on googles M preview site.

6. Let NRT do it's thing and you will boot up M. With the current NRT v2.0.5 on a Nexus9 you will have to hit the power button once to boot up after the flash.

That's it! Enjoy ^_^

Devices is botting up. His toolkit had the option to not delete user Data. Will report back if not wipig causes issues.
So for a quick rundown...i had to Resort to Stock and Unroot.

kifac

Mar 27, 2012
Mississauga
So device booted up after installing factory M. Didnt wipe user data, everything is working fine. Will wait for @vomer to release a updated zip of this rom before i flash Root.

ibsk8

Mar 1, 2011
Clinton IA
Got it to boot after flashing a different kernel. was this packaged with the stock kernel? or was it slightly modified version to remove the Verity check?

Not having luck with the new radio (Verizon LTE), could be a poor radio at my location. I will report back with changes.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to my new project - CleanCore

CleanCore is a rom series focused on a clean and lean version of the latest stock android builds.

Features:

- Always sourced from stock factory images w/ stock kernel
    - Trimmed out gapps & useless bloat

Trimmings:

Videos
    YouTube
    Books
    Chrome
    CloudPrint2
    Drive
    EditorsDocs
    EditorsSheets
    EditorsSlides
    FitnessPrebuilt
    GoogleEars
    GoogleEarth
    GoogleHindiIME
    GooglePinyinIME
    KoreanIME
    Maps
    Music2
    Newsstand
    Photos
    PlusOne
    PrebuiltGmail
    PrebuiltKeep
    PrebuiltNewsWeather
    Street

Donations:

Clicky Click

Files (flashable):

- MRA58K (flash guide for this build)
    - MRA58K bootloader https://www.sendspace.com/pro/92ind5
    - MRA58K radio https://www.sendspace.com/pro/t46mr2
    - SuperSU | SuperSU BETA (optional)

Archived Builds:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=37014

Instructions:

DOES NOT wipe your SD card.

- Boot into recovery (TWRP/CWM)
    - Un-mount /system in TWRP/CWM
    - Wipe: system, data, dalvik and cache
    - Flash ROM (be patient - takes a while)
    - Flash SuperSU (optional)
    - Flash radio/bootloader (optional)
    - Reboot (first boot takes a while)

Bonus: Simple Steps to flash stock IMG files

via fastboot (manual installation):

SYSTEM PREP (skip if you already have fastboot/adb setup):

Let's setup ADB and fastboot

Windows:

- Automated: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 (follow the steps in the software)

- Manual Method:

Download this file and extract the folder called "adb" to your C: drive. Your path should look like this:

Code:
    C:\adb\

You will need to open a command prompt window using this method:

Code:
    - Go to the C:\adb\ folder 
    - hold down SHIFT key and RIGHT-CLICK 
    - select "Open command window here".

In order to use ADB & Fastboot from anywhere - use the following steps to setup windows environment variables:

Navigate to & click on Start > Right-Click on Computer > click on Advance System Settings >
    Click on Environment Variables (under the advanced tab) > Click on New (User Variables) >
    Variables Name: ADB (Or anything you want) Variables Value: ;C:\adb (this is the Path of my adb.exe file)

gUw4I5m.png

Mac & Linux:

Install ADB & fastboot using: this file

1. Extract the downloaded zip to your desktop
    2. Open Terminal and type in:

Code:
    su
    cd Desktop/Android/ (note: Android is the directory extracted from zip file)

3. Now type

Code:
    ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh

Note: By using the method above, your adb and fastboot files are stored at this location on your Mac: /usr/bin/

----
    Now that you're setup, let's do the flashing:

Boot into TWRP to wipe cache, dalvik, data (not internal storage/SD) and system.

Reboot to bootloader and flash the following:

• fastboot flash bootloader <insert bootloader img name>
    • fastboot reboot-bootloader
    • fastboot flash radio <insert radio img name>
    • fastboot reboot-bootloader
    • fastboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img // OR // fastboot flash boot <insert name of unecrypt boot.img>
    • fastboot flash cache cache.img
    • fastboot reboot

After you finish the above - reboot in to recovery (TWRP/CWM) and factory reset - then reboot

-------

I will keep things updated as I get time.

Thanks & Enjoy! :)
    LMY48M is up
    LMY48I added
    Subscribe to my pushbullet channel : https://www.pushbullet.com/channel?tag=vomer
    for the latest updates on my work!
    MOD EDIT
    Just a couple thing...
    1) flashing anything is always at your own risk
    This has always been the case.. You are responsible for anything and everything flashed and installed to your phone... For a new project like this, is you're not sure you'll be able to fix your phone if anything goes wrong, wait... Let others beta it and work out any kinks.

2) you wouldn't use adb to fix this anyways. Adb requires a running Android environment... Use FASTBOOT... Adb and fastboot are two separate programs installed in the same package... If you have already installed them, then just use them, no need to reinstall them every time you try.

3a) download the appropriate factory image from the Google image site (I've linked it before in this thread) and use the included flash-all script to recover your phone.

3b) alternately, install a Nexus 6 toolkit on your Mac and use that to install the factory image.