• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [clover] ArrowOS 11.0 | UNOFFICIAL [Android 11] [2021/9/08]

Search This thread

ShrunkenMonkey

Sep 15, 2021
Installed the RQ3A.210905.001 build on two different Mi Pad 4s, and everything looks great... but night mode is not working on either of them. Tried both the 75hz and 60hz builds, too.
Since this issue has already popped up and been fixed in a previous build, I reckon I'm overlooking something. Any hints?

Reactions: buszosbill

Williamago

Feb 17, 2013
Hello my friend. Nice Rom, but in the last build Flip cover wakeup not working for me. Any suggestion for this?

Thanks!
Changelog

2021/07/12
- September security patch
- Switeded to Minimal Kernel R5 HMP
- Added 75hz screen o.c version (More smoothness)

2021/08/12
- August security patch
- Switeded to bumblebee kernel v1.5

2021/07/12
- July security patch

2021/06/12
- Fixed charging issue (Switched to minimal kernel)
- June security patch

2021/05/11
- Fixed bootloop

2021/05/10
- May security patch
- sdm660-common: Many underhood improvements
- sdm660-common: Fix night light..
- Switched to halcyon kernel
- And more..?

2021/04/11
- April security patch
- sdm660-common: Add device settings on launcher (only on gapps varient for now, i'll apply to vanilla build at next build)

2021/04/01
- clover: Switch to MiuiCamera

2021/03/21
- sdm660-common: Update korean translations

2021/03/09
- sdm660-common: Update some blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
- sdm660-common: Import gps configs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
- sdm660-common: Checkout gps hal from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
- sdm660-common: Build new GNSS stack
- sdm660-common: Update gnss entries
- sdm660-common: Checkout gps hal from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
- sdm660-common: Add IQccsyshal for device compatibility
- sdm660-common: Update GPS blos from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
- sdm660-common: Build libavservices_minijail
- sdm660-common: component-override: Enable hfpclient support
- sdm660-common: Add wfd dependency blobs

2021/03/05
- ROM: 2021/3 security updates
- Device: reworked
- Kernel: Changed to Minimal Kernel by SakilMondal

2021/02/27
- Device: Set screen density
- Kernel: Rebased because some users reported failure to boot

2021/02/26
- Device: Remove unnecessary overlay
- Device: Add folio case on/off function
- Device: Remove MIUI Camera
- Device: Import overlay-arrow from
official device tree
- Add Gapps build
DON'T FLASH THIS YET

2021/02/25
- Initial release on XDA

Piccolo1

Jan 15, 2021
i have just installed Arrow-v11.0-clover-UNOFFICIAL-20210908-VANILLA_60hz
clean install, and gps is broken

update disregard, stupid me hadnt put the back cover back on my tablet, and that is why the gps didnt work
the gps only works on the LTE version, the wifi only version does not have the gps chip

Kazryu

May 28, 2014
Wifi extremely slow for some reason when downloading, anyone have the same problem?
I did dirty flash from the previous build, cant really do a backup right now so clean install isnt a viable solution
If anyone know how to fix it, please share thank you!

EDIT : Tried to to a clean install after got home, the issue still persist! It seems either the kernel or whatever it is that the dev changed made the wifi really slow, such a shame. PE seems stable and wifi works perfectly fine.
In case anyone wondering which build i tried latest build gapps 75hz version and my model is Mi Pad 4 LTE.

EDIT AGAIN : Fixed it by flashing stock ROM and then proceed to install latest build, seems something went wrong when dirty flash and clean install it, if you have the some problem try going back to stock.

Last edited:

TimPerring

Jan 28, 2020
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
Following @Kazryu 's lead, in an effort to 'fix' the problems below, I clean flashed the stock ROM, wiped SYSTEM and formatted DATA, then clean installed the 75hz GAPPS build.

I'm still having the same problem as on the August build: namely on restart the SIM card is not recognised unless, with the tablet still on, I physically eject the card and re-install it... Random occurrences of tablet not charging (unless the tablet is restarted) has been cured (y)

I can also confirm the problem @dudutheking mentions: occasionally the touch screen is erratically irresponsive - in random areas. Very odd.

Also, night light is not working anymore.

Battery consumption is, however, much improved (y)

Tim

Reactions: buszosbill

chaoscreater

Jun 7, 2009
Auckland
Xiaomi Poco F1
How is the battery life on this ROM? If you install GSAM Battery Monitor, you can see the battery drain on the top left. ATM, I'm using ProtoDeVNan0's ROM and the battery drain is averaging between 800 mA ~ 1000 mA, which is not good as my phone only averages about 200 mA. Yes, I know the screen size is different, but that's 4x the difference and I think that's abnormal.

riaqn

Jan 19, 2017
Thank you for the ROM. After flashing it my sensors can't be found (including Gravity sensor). Any comment?

sudoeste

Dec 26, 2009
Just like lineage this rom doesn't detect / connect to wifi 5ghz using channel 100+. In Europe many routers choose this channel automatically and at my home is the only channel i can use while having decent speeds (too many routers around).
Any chance this is fixable?

cl4ster17

Oct 12, 2017
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
@sudoeste
Go to:
vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini

And set the following:
g11dSupportEnabled=1
gEnableBypass11d=0

This setting will let the device detect the appropriate wifi region by itself (if I'm not mistaken) which fixed the channel 100+ issue for me.

Last edited:

ducmanhdang

Jan 16, 2021
How about standby battery drain? On my device, it's about 5% per day. I think using performance governor is the best choice. It's cpu z problem, isn't it?
About 30% and only charge to 89%. I think the battery is old. But there's something wrong with the rom too. As far as i know Scheduti is better.

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Me too. I checked with cpu z. Cpu is setting performance. I think the author needs to fix
Confirmed latest update has the CPU on a performance governor which will lead to poor battery life. I flashed Magisk for root, and used a kernel app to change it to Interactive and so far performance seems the same. Nice ROM OP, please keep up the good work.

zyhk

May 9, 2020
Confirmed latest update has the CPU on a performance governor which will lead to poor battery life. I flashed Magisk for root, and used a kernel app to change it to Interactive and so far performance seems the same. Nice ROM OP, please keep up the good work.
It's meaningless under low battery drain situations. And non-performance governors lead to poor audio quality by introducing jitter distortion. Try my root script "jitter-reducer.sh" in the extras folder of USB SampleRate Changer.

You can use a 3.5mm jack or a USB DAC (even bluetooth earphones) without DRC and resampling distortion by executing "USB_SampleRate_Changer.sh" (default: 44.1kHz 32bit mode). And then execute "extras/jitter-reducer.sh --all --effect --status" (setting the most jitter-less mode). Don't forget disabling "adaptive battery" and "battery optimizations" for apps to lower reverb or vibrato like distortion. (See README.md in details).

Now you can change cpu & gpu governors by executing "extras/jitter-reducer.sh ++governor --status" and "extras/jitter-reducer.sh --governor --status" to hear the difference between those two situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: pnin

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
I have not had poor audio quality since changing governor from performance to interactive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's meaningless under low battery drain situations. And non-performance governors lead to poor audio quality by introducing jitter distortion. Try my root script "jitter-reducer.sh" in the extras folder of USB SampleRate Changer.

You can use a 3.5mm jack or a USB DAC (even bluetooth earphones) without DRC and resampling distortion by executing "USB_SampleRate_Changer.sh" (default: 44.1kHz 32bit mode). And then execute "extras/jitter-reducer.sh --all --effect --status" (setting the most jitter-less mode). Don't forget disabling "adaptive battery" and "battery optimizations" for apps to lower reverb or vibrato like distortion. (See README.md in details).

Now you can change cpu & gpu governors by executing "extras/jitter-reducer.sh ++governor --status" and "extras/jitter-reducer.sh --governor --status" to hear the difference between those two situations.

logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything​

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • Fingerprint on Mi Pad 4 Plus (I don't know about this because i doesn't have this model. If you can send me logcat, that will help me to fix this)​
    • You tell me​
    • Wifi Display​
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Mi Pad 4
    Mi Pad 4 (2021/03/21 ~)

Recomended GApps

Flashing Instructions-
    - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Vendor, Data
    - Flash from zip
    - GApps, magisk and dfe (optional)

Note-
    - CTS should pass without magisk but if you want magisk and pass the cts test just hide magisk manager under settings

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

Sources:
    * ROM Source
    * Kernel Source
    Changelog

2021/07/12
    - September security patch
    - Switeded to Minimal Kernel R5 HMP
    - Added 75hz screen o.c version (More smoothness)

2021/08/12
    - August security patch
    - Switeded to bumblebee kernel v1.5

2021/07/12
    - July security patch

2021/06/12
    - Fixed charging issue (Switched to minimal kernel)
    - June security patch

2021/05/11
    - Fixed bootloop

2021/05/10
    - May security patch
    - sdm660-common: Fix night light..
    - Switched to halcyon kernel
    - And more..?

2021/04/11
    - April security patch
    - sdm660-common: Add device settings on launcher (only on gapps varient for now, i'll apply to vanilla build at next build)

2021/04/01
    - clover: Switch to MiuiCamera

2021/03/21
    - sdm660-common: Update korean translations

2021/03/09
    - sdm660-common: Update some blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    - sdm660-common: Import gps configs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    - sdm660-common: Checkout gps hal from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    - sdm660-common: Build new GNSS stack
    - sdm660-common: Update gnss entries
    - sdm660-common: Checkout gps hal from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
    - sdm660-common: Add IQccsyshal for device compatibility