[ROM] cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi,

Here is CM-11 (Android 4.4.4) for the kindle fire hdx 7" (THOR). You need a rooted hdx 7" (Thor) device with a firmware < 3.2.4 (3.2.3.2 ideally) and a signed recovery.

Todo
  • Bluetooth not working
  • Wifi won't correctly load when disabled at boot, a reboot is required
  • Minimal headphone volume too loud -> fixed
  • Incorrect color format in some scenario's ? (YouTube) -> fixed

Changelogs/Downloads
  • cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Updated to amazon 4.5.3 binaries
    • Fully disable radio for now (thanks Andy-Voigt)
    • Fix twrp fstab (enabling twrp was breaking system rom to boot)
    • CM sources updated to 20150226
  • cm-11-20150219-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • CM sources updated to 20150219
    • fix minimal video/media volume too high (youtube...)
    • switch back to tablet build
    • CM sources updated to 20150110
  • cm-11-20150108-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Fix thermal engine (should give better battery life and performances)
    • Fix a lot of proprietary services (proprietary logs, acdb-loader, ril loading ...)
    • Set media volume steps to 100 instead 15 (allow finer volume control essentially for jack output)
    • Lowered minimal screen brightness
    • CM sources updated to 20150108
  • cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Build without "hacks" (add Cuber signing and custom updater-script generation)
    • CM sources updated to 20150107
    • Enable telephony (will probably not work)
  • cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • use patched boot/recovery, thanks to @vortox
    • fix wrong color format ! (major bug resolved)
    • switch to kernel sources
  • cm-11-20141218-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • minors fixes
  • cm-11-20141217-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • fix wifi not reloading
    • fix overlay/rotation screen tearing
  • cm-11-20141216-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • updated binaries to amz 4.5.2
    • properly use precompiled kernel and headers (amz 4.5.2)
    • fix minimal audio volume too high
    • add safestrap compatibility

Sources

Last edited:

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
I'm sure the community here respects all of the work that you do. My post in the other thread was not intended to "get you in trouble". There are a set of rules that every user has to follow, regardless of their contributions to the community. That being said, when I was a newer member, I accidentally broke the rules a couple of times (nothing major) and didn't want the same to happen to someone else. (I never contacted @Divine_Madcat about your other thread, in case you were thinking I did.)

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I'm sure the community here respects all of the work that you do. My post in the other thread was not intended to "get you in trouble". There are a set of rules that every user has to follow, regardless of their contributions to the community. That being said, when I was a newer member, I accidentally broke the rules a couple of times (nothing major) and didn't want the same to happen to someone else. (I never contacted @Divine_Madcat about your other thread, in case you were thinking I did.)

Yep i was tinking to that... so I'm also sorry. The thing is i spent a lot, lot of time on this port, and Divine_Madcat didn't even give me the time to update the first thread with the needed files/informations and ignore my pm which was an offense to me. Well i have to complies to the rules too but was a little chocked on how the thread got mad. Well, let's hope it won't be the same here. So that said i have no problem with you !

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
Yep i was tinking to that... so I'm also sorry. The thing is i spent a lot, lot of time on this port, and Divine_Madcat didn't even give me the time to update the first thread with the needed files/informations and ignore my pm which was an offense to me. Well i have to complies to the rules too but was a little chocked on how the thread got mad. Well, let's hope it won't be the same here. So that said i have no problem with you !

While i am sorry you are upset, it was not a slight at you at all. While i do try to keep an eye on XDA while at work, my job does come first and foremost, and i was unable to handle anything here yesterday (what can i say, 12 hour work days suck). As it was, i have literally nothing against you; to be frank, the report on the thread was the first i had even seen.
From my perspective, we had a placeholder thread, which is not allowed, so it was closed. I fully intended to reopen it, but gave my reasons above...

Anyway, i do wish you luck, and i really dont have any ill will to you...

tuanda82

Oct 16, 2005
So....
Do we have unlocked bootloader or a root exploit for amazon firmware 4.5.2 soon? And do you have plan to release another for Apollo?

Thanks

Last edited:

D0ubl3_X

Dec 9, 2007
Stuttgart
So....
Do we have unlocked bootloader or a root exploit for amazon firmware 4.5.2 soon? And do you have plan to release another for Apollo?

Thanks

Nobody knows. But there are a few people working on "unlocks" (at least booting an unsigned kernel). Maybe also jcase releases his unlock (which I doubt because of legal issues).

URBANsUNITED

Aug 9, 2010
Hi!

I have rooted Kindle Thor. How do I install this nice piece of software?
Like the Nexus rom? Currently I am on 3.2.7...

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I decided to make the rom available in case i loose interest in this device (or if i ever die soon). This way when (if) a root exploit is available then you'll be ready to use it.

Reactions: taette and travanx

openWeb74

Jun 26, 2009
Ok... So if there IS a possibility to unlock the actual fireos, please give some hints, instead of publishings Roms that one or two users can install, the rest is completely helpless...

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: taette

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Ok... So if there IS a possibility to unlock the actual fireos, please give some hints, instead of publishings Roms that one or two users can install, the rest is completely helpless...

Sharing hundreds of hours of work is helpless/useless for you ?

You know what ? I actually spent the whole day on porting cm-10 to current exploitable kernel for YOU :/

Last edited:

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Everybody chill , @openWeb74, i see your point @Cpasjuste , first let me thank you for all your work, I'm pretty sure its a great Rom!
What openweb said was that maybe we should concentrate our efforts in unlocking the bootloader so even greater support can come.
Unfortunately we, the rest of us common mortals (with locked bootloaders) cannot use it.
As you said, this would work if somebody would release the bootloader-unlock , so lets play the waiting game...

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
The thing is I'm a common mortal like you :/ Like its said on first post, unfortunately, I do not have the tools nor the knowledge to reproduce the unlock, so I share what I can.

openWeb74

Jun 26, 2009
I really have to say sorry, if you dont know how to reproduce the hack... Mea culpa. It sounded like the hack is known, but cant be made public because of copyright issues or something like that... Then we have to wait. Nothing is secure when the right person gets a hdx... I have to say, that my actual hdx was rooted with towelroot, even easier than the nexus (less button combinations ;)) so i didnt expect amazon to be such a **** with newer firmwares.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I may eventually move to another tablet as I'm loosing interest in this device (because cm is working fine [emoji14]). Would someone be interested to get my device (not for free :))?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is CM-11 (Android 4.4.4) for the kindle fire hdx 7" (THOR). You need a rooted hdx 7" (Thor) device with a firmware < 3.2.4 (3.2.3.2 ideally) and a signed recovery.

Todo
    • Bluetooth not working
    • Wifi won't correctly load when disabled at boot, a reboot is required
    • Minimal headphone volume too loud -> fixed
    • Incorrect color format in some scenario's ? (YouTube) -> fixed

Changelogs/Downloads
    • cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Updated to amazon 4.5.3 binaries
      • Fully disable radio for now (thanks Andy-Voigt)
      • Fix twrp fstab (enabling twrp was breaking system rom to boot)
      • CM sources updated to 20150226
      • CM sources updated to 20150219
    • cm-11-20150108-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Fix thermal engine (should give better battery life and performances)
      • Fix a lot of proprietary services (proprietary logs, acdb-loader, ril loading ...)
      • Set media volume steps to 100 instead 15 (allow finer volume control essentially for jack output)
      • Lowered minimal screen brightness
      • CM sources updated to 20150108
    • cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Build without "hacks" (add Cuber signing and custom updater-script generation)
      • CM sources updated to 20150107
      • Enable telephony (will probably not work)
    • cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • use patched boot/recovery, thanks to @vortox
      • fix wrong color format ! (major bug resolved)
      • switch to kernel sources
    • cm-11-20141218-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • minors fixes
    • cm-11-20141217-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • fix wifi not reloading
      • fix overlay/rotation screen tearing
    • cm-11-20141216-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • updated binaries to amz 4.5.2
      • properly use precompiled kernel and headers (amz 4.5.2)
      • fix minimal audio volume too high
      • add safestrap compatibility

Sources

CM12 on it's way :) (still a lot of work to do: no audio, bt, wifi..)
    Hahahahaha ! Look at that guys :D

Hi,

just updated main post with latest version which mainly fix the minimal media volume too high. I'm working on BT, did made a few progress (better understanding) but could still take some days/weeks..

Here's the changelog :

Sharing hundreds of hours of work is helpless/useless for you ?

You know what ? I actually spent the whole day on porting cm-10 to current exploitable kernel for YOU :/