[ROM] cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor

Search This thread

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
i want audio effects like Dolby , Beats , MusicFX ....
Music on HDX CM 11 very bad

I use ViPER4Android with a Dolby IRS.
Produces very similar results to Amazon's native implementation on FireOS.

I honestly can't remember where I found it, but I've attached the file to my post (inside the ZIP). You need to move it to /sdcard/ViPER4Android/Kernel.
Just set the UI to expert mode and enable the convolver feature. I'd also recommend turning on speaker optimization.

Attachments

• dolby.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 55

hecbigcat

Mar 29, 2013
I use ViPER4Android with a Dolby IRS.
Produces very similar results to Amazon's native implementation on FireOS.

I honestly can't remember where I found it, but I've attached the file to my post (inside the ZIP). You need to move it to /sdcard/ViPER4Android/Kernel.
Just set the UI to expert mode and enable the convolver feature. I'd also recommend turning on speaker optimization.
I dont know how to do that ...
Maybe i will wait @Cpasjuste add a audio effect in CM rom

dpeddi

Mar 10, 2007
I'm trying to flash my cm for apollo build from twrp, but mount /userdata-> /data and sdcard conflict with update-script.

how you solved this?

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
I'm trying to flash my cm for apollo build from twrp, but mount /userdata-> /data and sdcard conflict with update-script.

how you solved this?

@Cpasjuste,

I tried to build for apollo, from scratch with the new kernel command lines. I just get blackscreen. So then I thought I'd build for thor and replicate first what you did. However I also get black screen with the thor build. I am using the kernel source and device trees from your github.

Did you experience this - if so how did you solve this?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
@Cpasjuste,

I tried to build for apollo, from scratch with the new kernel command lines. I just get blackscreen. So then I thought I'd build for thor and replicate first what you did. However I also get black screen with the thor build. I am using the kernel source and device trees from your github.

Did you experience this - if so how did you solve this?
No it should work fine (from cpasjuste repos as I didn't update kfirehdx kernel repo yet).

You are using amz 13.4.5.3 update zip for thor ?

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
No it should work fine (from cpasjuste repos as I didn't update kfirehdx kernel repo yet).

You are using amz 13.4.5.3 update zip for thor ?

Yes 13.4.5.3 update zip is what I am using. Black screen and not adb access. I did a quick comparison by eye and the zip files seem to have the same content.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Yes 13.4.5.3 update zip is what I am using. Black screen and not adb access. I did a quick comparison by eye and the zip files seem to have the same content.

There is something wrong in my libs folder it seems.

I copied the /system/libs folder from your rom to mine and my rom boot.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

There is something wrong in my libs folder it seems.

I copied your the /system/libs folder from your rom to mine and my rom boot.
Do you apply the patches before building ? ( ./device/amazon/hdx-common/overlay-patch/apply.sh )

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I'm compiling it from scratch right now and let you know but i don't see the problem.

Last edited:

dpeddi

Mar 10, 2007
Do you have a tip for me about data already mounted? How do you flash cm from twrp?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hey, yes it's working now on thor and apollo, I forgot to apply the patches as you suggested :)

Thanks for that... will post it up shortly. Just gotta fix the rotation orientation for apollo

Haha great ;)
I just updated KFireHDX kernel repo for cm-11.0 branch so all is up to date there. You should (if you want/can) try to commit your changes here (also to the apollo device tree) so me and @dpeddi can be in sync together (if i correctly understand how this work).

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Haha great ;)
I just updated KFireHDX kernel repo for cm-11.0 branch so all is up to date there. You should (if you want/can) try to commit your changes here (also to the apollo device tree) so me and @dpeddi can be in sync together (if i correctly understand how this work).

Yes for sure, as soon as I have consolidated all the changes, I will update the those repos.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
@Cpasjuste, @dpeddi

When I get home shortly I'll create the framework patches and sync up the source code later, and of course post the link for the ROM.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
You mean there's more patches needed on Apollo ?
Else if you started from the apollo KFireHDX repo it miss the "recovery/root/etc/twrp.fstab" (or something like that) for twrp to work.

Yes 2 more patches required for apollo to implement ro.sf.hwrotation in surfaceflinger.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
For cm12 I think to remember the problem which is there is too many change in qcom display/media hw that I think we can't use my codeaurora caf ports of display/media/audio.
For cm qcom hw to work I think there is a lot of work to be done in the kernel.

That's said I'll take a look again soon and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is CM-11 (Android 4.4.4) for the kindle fire hdx 7" (THOR). You need a rooted hdx 7" (Thor) device with a firmware < 3.2.4 (3.2.3.2 ideally) and a signed recovery.

Todo
    • Bluetooth not working
    • Wifi won't correctly load when disabled at boot, a reboot is required
    • Minimal headphone volume too loud -> fixed
    • Incorrect color format in some scenario's ? (YouTube) -> fixed

Changelogs/Downloads
    • cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Updated to amazon 4.5.3 binaries
      • Fully disable radio for now (thanks Andy-Voigt)
      • Fix twrp fstab (enabling twrp was breaking system rom to boot)
      • CM sources updated to 20150226
    • cm-11-20150219-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • CM sources updated to 20150219
    • cm-11-20150219-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • fix minimal video/media volume too high (youtube...)
      • switch back to tablet build
      • CM sources updated to 20150110
    • cm-11-20150108-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Fix thermal engine (should give better battery life and performances)
      • Fix a lot of proprietary services (proprietary logs, acdb-loader, ril loading ...)
      • Set media volume steps to 100 instead 15 (allow finer volume control essentially for jack output)
      • Lowered minimal screen brightness
      • CM sources updated to 20150108
    • cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • Build without "hacks" (add Cuber signing and custom updater-script generation)
      • CM sources updated to 20150107
      • Enable telephony (will probably not work)
    • cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • use patched boot/recovery, thanks to @vortox
      • fix wrong color format ! (major bug resolved)
      • switch to kernel sources
    • cm-11-20141218-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • minors fixes
    • cm-11-20141217-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • fix wifi not reloading
      • fix overlay/rotation screen tearing
    • cm-11-20141216-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
      • updated binaries to amz 4.5.2
      • properly use precompiled kernel and headers (amz 4.5.2)
      • fix minimal audio volume too high
      • add safestrap compatibility

Sources

CM12 on it's way :) (still a lot of work to do: no audio, bt, wifi..)
    Hahahahaha ! Look at that guys :D

Hi,

just updated main post with latest version which mainly fix the minimal media volume too high. I'm working on BT, did made a few progress (better understanding) but could still take some days/weeks..

Here's the changelog :

• fix minimal video/media volume too high (youtube...)
    • switch back to tablet build
    • CM sources updated to 20150110
    Ok... So if there IS a possibility to unlock the actual fireos, please give some hints, instead of publishings Roms that one or two users can install, the rest is completely helpless...

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app
    Sharing hundreds of hours of work is helpless/useless for you ?

You know what ? I actually spent the whole day on porting cm-10 to current exploitable kernel for YOU :/