[ROM] CM 11 ( Android 4.4.4 ) for Atrix (BigPart)

Search This thread

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013
BACKUP /OSH (WEBTOP) BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACK YOUR OWN CWM RECOVERY IMAGE FILE BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA!!! USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

What's BigPart?

BigPart_v2 offers additional /data space of ~300m by shrinking /preinstall (a useless partition) to ~2M

BigPart is a kernel's hack that expands the size of /SYSTEM to ~1G by shrinking the size of /OSH (WEBTOP) to ~2M for flashing full-sized KitKat rom + its Google. In this process, /OSH have to be reformatted and WEBTOP will be gone!!!

THE UPDATE PROCEDURE:

There are FIVE files in the package:

boot_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
XposedInstaller_58_54_with_zygote_patch.apk

recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img --- Image file for Official CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.1 with BigPart_v2
cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip ---- CWM flashbale zip for Moto Olympus (BigPart) cm-11 FINAL v2

. FASTBOOT flash recovery recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
. BOOT into recovery
. wipe data/factory reset
. advanced->wipe dalvik cache
. mounts and storage->format /system, /osh, /preinstall
cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip, & ENJOY :)

HOW CAN I REVERT BACK???

. FASTBOOT flash recovery [YOUR ORIGINAL CWM RECOVERY]
. BOOT into recovery
run BACKUP AND RETORE to recovery your ORIGINAL ROM (WEBTOP is not recovered in this process, so you have to FLASH it yourself)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

cm11 (android 4.4.4) rom is now available for testing

Core:
Rom up to Nov 20, 2015 (+ some missing patches from https://groups.google.com/forum/?_e...urity-updates#!forum/android-security-updates )
Kernel only up to Mar 26, 2015 ( https://github.com/polesapart/android_kernel_motorola_olympus/tree/kitkat )

Additional changes:
.CMService, CMAccount, CMUpdater removed.
. VoicePlus, WhispherPush should also be removed by user, or disabled by Security->Privacy->AppOps->Advanced->AutoBoot
.CMStats GoogleAnalytics related sourcecode removed.
.RSA2046SHA256 signing keys
.Use Moto's Xoom RIL libs/bins (lib/libmoto_ril.so, lib/libpppd_plugin-ril.so, bin/pppd-ril, bin/chat-ril)

FINAL v2:
. MUST UPDATE
. CM updated Stagefright & related patches on Nov. + Extra patches on bmp, flac, png from Google
. Resilient to all publicly known bugs checked by VTS for AndroidVTS ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowsecure.android.vts )
. custom-built XposedInstaller v59_v54 with zygote patches included.

FINAL:
. MUST UPDATE
. kernel: misc. CVE patches from http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/project:CyanogenMod/android_kernel_google_msm (Aug.5 - Aug. 7) , resilient to BlackHat 2015 pingpong attack
.core: StageFright fix!

v4:
. Do upgrade!!! It contains recent security patches on libcore
. Sms is upgraded by CM from (Mms -> Mms-caf), plz. check its 'new' setting...
. This should be the my last version on Kitkat before serving Lolipop :)

v3m:
. switched to Polesapart's Kitkat kernel (with a lot of enhancement)
. bash third party patch not necessary

v3:
.Official Recovery 6.0.5.1 (built from sourcetree)
.BigPart_v2 ( /data expands 3000M, /preinstall shrinks to 2M )
.Wifi Tethering final fixed
.kernel DOCKING partial fixed
.Youtube/Google & related FC fixed

v2:
. Selinux Enforce/Permissive switcher (Settings->About Phone->Selinux status, triple fast click)
. external SD swapper (Setiings->Advance->Use external storage REBOOT!)
. Wifi Tethering ??? (reenable ebatbles in ROM & KERNEL, added radish)
. 1% battery
. recovery /sdcard mount
. selinux rules fix
. Call recording NOT WORKING [ build.prop : persist.call_recording.enabled=true, persist.call_recording.src=4 ]

Not working (need more testing)
.fingerprint
.hdmi mirroring
.BT phone call
. Call recording
. Encryption

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

link : https://www.solidfiles.com/d/7cf8997e48/
(Plz. set it up in some permanent place, thx)

name : Olympus_KitKat_finalv2.zip
size : 255,762,046 bytes
md5sum : b02c0e692ada0d7b2fc73854e727ab0c
sha1sum : 13901a1d518ce9dfd265ce62f4305aa90b8d00de
sha256sum : 58f1f4239f57cc42693bf1d0be17807bf47a8e449c0eed282370b4a50e01ccf4

HOW TO REPORT BUGS

In addition to normal LOGCAT, plz. provide /DATA/MISC/AUDIT/AUDIT.LOG as 4.4.4 is SELINUX-ENABLED.

Last edited:

phoenixgfx

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone have audio issues?

Seems like voice calls doesn't work for me. Reverted back to CM10 for now...(need to use the phone for calls today)

sanaldi

Mar 13, 2013
Thank you for the rom. it seems mobile data and wifi work. no problem with voice call. no problem with the sound with skype. i must do more tests

same mic problem with 3.1 kernel exists here too. if we have hdmi mirroring, it will be perfect. Bluetooth headset is not working like cm 10.1

Last edited:

phoenixgfx

Mar 5, 2014
Thank you for the rom. it seems mobile data and wifi work. no problem with voice call. no problem with the sound with skype. i must do more tests

same mic problem with 3.1 kernel exists here too. if we have hdmi mirroring, it will be perfect.

I've fixed the issue by flashing a different radio (baseband-N_01.100.00R)

What I've noticed that the Battery Status shows 50% and would not pass that. Will continue to monitor it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-14-15-13-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-14-15-13-32.png
    94 KB · Views: 1,460

kyva1929

Jun 20, 2013
Thank you for the work!

ATT version atrix 4g on tmobile, baseband version N_01.100.00R.

On first boot: The mobile network icon is unknown, quick settings drawer also indicates no mobile service. Despite the erroneous info display, voice works. No mobile data.

On reboot: Stuck in a boot loop. Reflashing everything would let me boot again, but problem repeats itself on and after 2nd boot.

Battery percentage stuck at 100%

Last edited:

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013
I've fixed the issue by flashing a different radio (baseband-N_01.100.00R)

What I've noticed that the Battery Status shows 50% and would not pass that. Will continue to monitor it.

There SHOULD NOT be any problem with battery... (of course the indicator is only with 10% increment)

You know, when you boot into recovery, and do all sort of formatting and flashing, it will deplete the battery but does not update the battery status in /data, so there will be error on battery level

The way to reset it is to CHARGE YOUR ATRIX for at least 2 hours, UNPLUG IT, IMMEDIATELY delete /DATA/BATTD/* (just all the files, not the directory), REBOOT.

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013

same mic problem with 3.1 kernel exists here too. if we have hdmi mirroring, it will be perfect. Bluetooth headset is not working like cm 10.1

are you really sure you can have MOBILE DATA working???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BACKUP /OSH (WEBTOP) BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACK YOUR OWN CWM RECOVERY IMAGE FILE BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA!!! USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

What's BigPart?

BigPart_v2 offers additional /data space of ~300m by shrinking /preinstall (a useless partition) to ~2M

BigPart is a kernel's hack that expands the size of /SYSTEM to ~1G by shrinking the size of /OSH (WEBTOP) to ~2M for flashing full-sized KitKat rom + its Google. In this process, /OSH have to be reformatted and WEBTOP will be gone!!!

THE UPDATE PROCEDURE:

There are FIVE files in the package:

boot_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
    recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
    recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
    XposedInstaller_58_54_with_zygote_patch.apk

recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img --- Image file for Official CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.1 with BigPart_v2
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip ---- CWM flashbale zip for Moto Olympus (BigPart) cm-11 FINAL v2

. FASTBOOT flash recovery recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
    . BOOT into recovery
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip, & ENJOY :)

HOW CAN I REVERT BACK???

. FASTBOOT flash recovery [YOUR ORIGINAL CWM RECOVERY]
    . BOOT into recovery
    run BACKUP AND RETORE to recovery your ORIGINAL ROM (WEBTOP is not recovered in this process, so you have to FLASH it yourself)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

cm11 (android 4.4.4) rom is now available for testing

Core:
    Rom up to Nov 20, 2015 (+ some missing patches from https://groups.google.com/forum/?_e...urity-updates#!forum/android-security-updates )
    Kernel only up to Mar 26, 2015 ( https://github.com/polesapart/android_kernel_motorola_olympus/tree/kitkat )

Additional changes:
    .CMService, CMAccount, CMUpdater removed.
    . VoicePlus, WhispherPush should also be removed by user, or disabled by Security->Privacy->AppOps->Advanced->AutoBoot
    .CMStats GoogleAnalytics related sourcecode removed.
    .RSA2046SHA256 signing keys
    .Use Moto's Xoom RIL libs/bins (lib/libmoto_ril.so, lib/libpppd_plugin-ril.so, bin/pppd-ril, bin/chat-ril)

FINAL v2:
    . MUST UPDATE
    . CM updated Stagefright & related patches on Nov. + Extra patches on bmp, flac, png from Google
    . Resilient to all publicly known bugs checked by VTS for AndroidVTS ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowsecure.android.vts )
    . custom-built XposedInstaller v59_v54 with zygote patches included.

FINAL:
    . MUST UPDATE
    . kernel: misc. CVE patches from http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/project:CyanogenMod/android_kernel_google_msm (Aug.5 - Aug. 7) , resilient to BlackHat 2015 pingpong attack
    .core: StageFright fix!

v4:
    . This should be the my last version on Kitkat before serving Lolipop :)

v3m:
    . switched to Polesapart's Kitkat kernel (with a lot of enhancement)
    . bash third party patch not necessary

v3:
    .Official Recovery 6.0.5.1 (built from sourcetree)
    .BigPart_v2 ( /data expands 3000M, /preinstall shrinks to 2M )
    .Wifi Tethering final fixed
    .kernel DOCKING partial fixed
    .Youtube/Google & related FC fixed

v2:
    . Selinux Enforce/Permissive switcher (Settings->About Phone->Selinux status, triple fast click)
    . external SD swapper (Setiings->Advance->Use external storage REBOOT!)
    . Wifi Tethering ??? (reenable ebatbles in ROM & KERNEL, added radish)
    . 1% battery
    . recovery /sdcard mount
    . selinux rules fix
    . Call recording NOT WORKING [ build.prop : persist.call_recording.enabled=true, persist.call_recording.src=4 ]

Not working (need more testing)
    .fingerprint
    .hdmi mirroring
    .BT phone call
    . Call recording
    . Encryption

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

link : https://www.solidfiles.com/d/7cf8997e48/
    (Plz. set it up in some permanent place, thx)

name : Olympus_KitKat_finalv2.zip
    size : 255,762,046 bytes
    md5sum : b02c0e692ada0d7b2fc73854e727ab0c
    sha1sum : 13901a1d518ce9dfd265ce62f4305aa90b8d00de
    sha256sum : 58f1f4239f57cc42693bf1d0be17807bf47a8e449c0eed282370b4a50e01ccf4

HOW TO REPORT BUGS

In addition to normal LOGCAT, plz. provide /DATA/MISC/AUDIT/AUDIT.LOG as 4.4.4 is SELINUX-ENABLED.
    lollipop update

Lollipop update:

Almost everything breaks at first, after a couple of weeks of work, the status

Working:

ENCRYPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Audio PARTIAL (no microphone... ... )
    Radio(Phone) PARTIL (since no microphone, can call/receive but no sound)
    3D games running smoothly

NOT WORKING

Camera
    Wifi

I am still working on it, be patient.

Hi, i know Z is working hard on Lollipop and every one awaits its done, but my request is for KK, i need a Sing Keys to that rom, or eventually a new builded rom with sign keys attached to it. I don't have experience with making a rom and all my attempts to make it form sources fails, the same happen when trying to resign whole rom( signing fails in term.apk - can't disassemble it) - so can some one help me out ?

Term.apk is directly 'copied' by running sh file in vendor/cm, I didn't touch it. Since it was signed by the original author, it does not have system rights like those apks singed by the ramdonly generated test keys :)
    v3 released!!!

v3 released, check it out in OP

I will be lay low for while after v3. As for L releases, just don't throw your Atrix away, have faith, be patient, and you might be served with a new DESSERT :)

In the meantimes, plz. help each other out.
    v4 (Xmas & New Year) is now available!

Grab it from OP

v4:
    . This should be the my last version on Kitkat before serving Lolipop
    Lolipop first BOOTUP

That patch was applied for quite some time now; If our kernel still fails an actual exploit then either that patch doesn't fix the problem or has a bad interaction with some other patch.

My mistake, Poles, your futex.c has already incorporated the patch.

Okay, L boots up finally, after I found a proper bionic for it... ... Both CM & Google has been increasing 'cruel' to our non-neon tegra2 phone...

The current status is :

L just boots up, selinux is whacky, camera & audio wrappers whacks... but it does not prevent me from publishing it in a latter date :)