[ROM] [CM 12.1] Cyanogenmod 12 for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 [SM-G355H]

Search This thread

crisecure

Dec 13, 2014
good day sir after flashing, the signal of my phone they have "!" (exclamation) symbol, how can i remove that, i use this command "settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0" never happen

Last edited:

gaderof

Jun 27, 2017
hello

i was flashed rom with rooted trough kinguser and 3.0.0 twrp recovery but when i put sim 1 or 2 it was say..no sim card and no imei but wifi and bluetoth work..also i try restore efs from backup stock rom also failed

Sheikh Md Sumon

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Ihsan bro. I'm from Bangladesh. I installed this rom but, sim card not detected. And I want to flash AOB1 file. But, there r no AOB1 file from region. Now, plz tell me what can I do?

Reactions: pk200

pk200

Oct 15, 2017
H
Dont try that or you will get bootloop.
Can I try? If it will work, all thanks to u

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Ihsan bro, can u fix this proximity problem during calls ? Please. And can u give a direct link of u'r RR ROM ?

Every time I want to download something from your blog iam unable to do so

Ur cm 13 ROM didn't worked

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017
shillong
Facing bug in samsung galaxy core 2 G355h with Cm12.

I like this Cm.12 and i'm very thankful to u sir Md ihsan....
But i face an issued with it ..which is when i install some apps like candy camera,mp4 compresser,Roehsoft ram expander...etc...it automatically reboot by itself...:(:( ..and if i try to uninstall it..I can't ....plz..sir can u check this issued and fix it and send fix zip i hope that u got me sir or if didnt get me...Here my whatsapp number +918119014412 chat me anytime sir or Anyone who can help me with this issued plz chat me in whatsapp...Advance thnks Sir

BpVai

Jan 2, 2017
Dhaka
Can not possible

I like this Cm.12 and i'm very thankful to u sir Md ihsan....
But i face an issued with it ..which is when i install some apps like candy camera,mp4 compresser,Roehsoft ram expander...etc...it automatically reboot by itself...:(:( ..and if i try to uninstall it..I can't ....plz..sir can u check this issued and fix it and send fix zip i hope that u got me sir or if didnt get me...Here my whatsapp number +918119014412 chat me anytime sir or Anyone who can help me with this issued plz chat me in whatsapp...Advance thnks Sir

Because this bug is caused by device memory tree...To gix this we need proper pit file for re organised memories or a boot.img that can remove the lackance of vartual partition gor lolipop...named "Secure"..who make it !!!!

impasta

Jan 22, 2017
Possible fix for font theme bootloop

Hi,
I've been getting a serious problem when setting the theme font in @Ih24n's work.
It causes boot loops when a power off or hard reboot is done. Soft reboots are okay.

Digging around the logs, it seems to be a permission, specifically an EACCESS, error on /data/system/theme/fonts/fonts.xml.
~Well, Ihsan already advised against it in his/her/their blog so I have taken the liberty of taking
a nandroid backup before and after the change. Afterwards, I had the differences of the two images examined.

There's a a new folder "fonts" on /data/system/theme/ and that's all of it.

Trying to add all permissions (read|write|execute) to the "fonts" or the "theme" folder recursively doesn't work.
Adding read or write permission or even both to the /data/system folder itself doesn't work too.
Finally, applying the "execute" permission does make the boot loop problem go away.
Sadly, it reverts back after a hard reboot.

I have a working Blisspop (android 5.1.1_r38) source and a build for this exact device.
Examining the source code is tedious so I examined the initrd files first.
Luckily, it seems that the error can be patched from there.

Hint: You could do try this before changing the theme font. It shall save you time later.
To patch it, a line must be modified.
After extracting the boot image and unpacking the initrd.img, find this line in the file "init.board.rc":
Code:
    mkdir /data/system 0770 system system
Change that to this:
Code:
    mkdir /data/system 0771 system system
Do what you need to repack the initrd.img and rebuild the boot image then flash it back.

When you all of this did after the device had already boot looped, you might have to wait longer.
The dexs and oats of all of your apps might have been invalidated and so the system must regenerate them .

Changing the theme fonts should now work even if you decided to reboot or to turn off the device afterwards.

EDIT: I tried making a flash-able zip that contains a script that performs all of those, no computers needed.
I haven't tested it that much nor can prove it theoretically that it won't fail.
Simply to put, I cannot give a guarantee but I believe it should work.
So please make a backup of your boot partition, before flashing this.
Revert back to your backup when it still causes boot loops so as not to bother
the next guy/gal who'll try to help you.
EDIT2: I have realized myself, I don't have an ounce of naming sense. persimmon.zip contains the patch.
EDIT3: The zip's script is from the Sandroid kernel's flashing script
EDIT4: If all else succeed, congrats. You can now get this error
Code:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create layer for ExpandableNotificationRow
sometimes when pulling the notification bar down.
This just brings the systemui process down for few seconds but it should not be fatal. Just annoying to be honest.
You could try increasing the cache size and width of the FontRenderer perhaps?
EDIT5: English Language proficiency is quite difficult to achieve, isn't it?

Attachments

• persimmon.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

minhdang2803

Apr 1, 2018
I am not have a telegram
Hey sir i have a problem. Some applications don't work on CM12.1 for core 2 such as : Zing Mp3, after install that app, my phone boot loop suddenly
The seconds problem is: when my phone run out of battery (<0%) i cannot charge it, the battery is still charged but the phone cannot go to the home screen, it stuck at the boot animation (CM robot)
How can i fix that?....

BpVai

Jan 2, 2017
Dhaka
---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Hi,
I've been getting a serious problem when setting the theme font in @Ih24n's work.
It causes boot loops when a power off or hard reboot is done. Soft reboots are okay.

Digging around the logs, it seems to be a permission, specifically an EACCESS, error on /data/system/theme/fonts/fonts.xml.
~Well, Ihsan already advised against it in his/her/their blog so I have taken the liberty of taking
a nandroid backup before and after the change. Afterwards, I had the differences of the two images examined.

There's a a new folder "fonts" on /data/system/theme/ and that's all of it.

Trying to add all permissions (read|write|execute) to the "fonts" or the "theme" folder recursively doesn't work.
Adding read or write permission or even both to the /data/system folder itself doesn't work too.
Finally, applying the "execute" permission does make the boot loop problem go away.
Sadly, it reverts back after a hard reboot.

I have a working Blisspop (android 5.1.1_r38) source and a build for this exact device.
Examining the source code is tedious so I examined the initrd files first.
Luckily, it seems that the error can be patched from there.

Hint: You could do try this before changing the theme font. It shall save you time later.
To patch it, a line must be modified.
After extracting the boot image and unpacking the initrd.img, find this line in the file "init.board.rc":
Code:
    mkdir /data/system 0770 system system
Change that to this:
Code:
    mkdir /data/system 0771 system system
Do what you need to repack the initrd.img and rebuild the boot image then flash it back.

When you all of this did after the device had already boot looped, you might have to wait longer.
The dexs and oats of all of your apps might have been invalidated and so the system must regenerate them .

Changing the theme fonts should now work even if you decided to reboot or to turn off the device afterwards.

EDIT: I tried making a flash-able zip that contains a script that performs all of those, no computers needed.
I haven't tested it that much nor can prove it theoretically that it won't fail.
Simply to put, I cannot give a guarantee but I believe it should work.
So please make a backup of your boot partition, before flashing this.
Revert back to your backup when it still causes boot loops so as not to bother
the next guy/gal who'll try to help you.
EDIT2: I have realized myself, I don't have an ounce of naming sense. persimmon.zip contains the patch.
EDIT3: The zip's script is from the Sandroid kernel's flashing script
EDIT4: If all else succeed, congrats. You can now get this error
Code:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create layer for ExpandableNotificationRow
sometimes when pulling the notification bar down.
This just brings the systemui process down for few seconds but it should not be fatal. Just annoying to be honest.
You could try increasing the cache size and width of the FontRenderer perhaps?
EDIT5: English Language proficiency is quite difficult to achieve, isn't it?

Sir, What about App installing bootloops? how to fix it???. This bug makes the rom useless.

Last edited:

impasta

Jan 22, 2017
---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Sir, What about App installing bootloops? how to fix it???. This bug makes the rom useless.

You can try searching for the error message in your logcat logs just before the bootloop restarts. You know... that ... thing with adb like
Code:
adb logcat

I'm still just a beginner on Android phones (this is a hand-me-down from my brother, btw), so please don't rant at me.

Reactions: BpVai

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone