[ROM]CM-14.1 Android N UNOFFICIAL for Find7 by Wuxianlin{Chinese storage unification}

Search This thread

javier.pc

Mar 23, 2010
Valencia
From what I can tell the LVM method is a linux storage method that allows data to be stored in a varying sized partition by allowing on the fly resizing. The chinese method of dealing with the sotorage partition looks pretty much the same, if you look at the free app storage space it will be only around 100mb or less, but as you install more apps more space is allocated so it appears there is the entire device storage available.

I would assume the only difference would be in the way the Rom sees and interacts with the device storage. But on the most part there doesn't seem to be any real world issues, everything seems to work great and I wouldn't know it wasn't running on the LVM partition.

Thank you so much for your explanation :cowboy:

mada360

Mar 11, 2011
I have to say I'm very impressed by this rom, coming from the RR with LVM the battery life feels so much better! I was probably only getting about 12 hours of usage before and now it looks like I should get 16+ hours which will actually take me through a normal day.
Only things not working 100% are:
- Bluetooth audio as stated
- Video recording in the stock app and google camera
- (I'll add more as I come across them)

Overall a very stable build and I am very impressed that it has been released as quickly as it has been, thanks to everyone who made it happen. I have included below a couple of links for the files I have used below, these include the Oppo camera port found here and the plugins that have been taken down.

Mega link for all files:
https://mega.nz/#F!o1M13ALJ!PkB10uPDl7qIJtU2c6pKXg

Torrent link for all files:
Magnet link for torrent

Last edited:
Reactions: DemonDroid_97

Emare212

Oct 26, 2014
Düsseldorf
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Thx, works also for Find 7a

Hey guys,

Thank you for publishing this Rom. I didn't thought Android N would be so fast available for our Device.
I only own the Find 7a, but it works perfectly. I flashed it yesterday after some complications with baidu with the russian mirror.
I only have one bug, but this is a big one.
After rooting throught SuperSu I installed Titanium Backup to restore my apps and data. But i couldnt navigate to the Setting because
there is no "Optionkey" anymore. The left softbutton, which was the "Optionkey", is now for the App Overview.
So i needed to install Pie Controls for the "Optionkey".

I don't know if it's a bug or it should be like this, but this is the only thing I don't like on this Rom.
I didn't flashed this testpatch, can anybody tell me what it does?

Thanks

Greetings

ThomBwha

Jun 11, 2012
I installed the rom, but my screen has a very subtle flicker which will get annoying at times, anyone experiencing the same? Can I do something about it? It was also visible in the chinese colorOS and twrp...

Edit: I seem to have done the chinese storage wrong, now the screen seems to be fine. But I do have a storage problem where TWRP says there is insufficient storage space availible... that was with micro, pico works

Last edited:

mada360

Mar 11, 2011
I installed the rom, but my screen has a very subtle flicker which will get annoying at times, anyone experiencing the same? Can I do something about it? It was also visible in the chinese colorOS and twrp...

Edit: I seem to have done the chinese storage wrong, now the screen seems to be fine. But I do have a storage problem where TWRP says there is insufficient storage space availible... that was with micro, pico works
The insufficient space is normal, I think it's because OpenGapps checks available space before installing and with the way the storage works it sees there's only around 100mb available but this expands as you install apps once you boot into the rom.

Luckily this rom during setup will provide the option to install your apps from the google account restore or as most use titanium backup you can restore the extra gapps without much issue.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Once installed, is it necessary to wipe before every update?
It shouldn't hurt to, especially as in nougat there's no longer the app initialisation on first boot so it's much quicker on first boot.
I can't say for sure though as no new builds have been posted.

Enderward

Nov 20, 2013
There is some method to make a port to the storage type LVM? There is some risk with the Chinese method partitions?
Sry for my bad english.
Ty

TheBready

Jun 12, 2015
Berlin
Yeah, Nougat baby.
Works great here.
The only issue was that gapps are too big to install.
But the pico version works great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160913-022129.jpg
    Screenshot_20160913-022129.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 567
  • Screenshot_20160913-022122.png
    Screenshot_20160913-022122.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 558
Reactions: fparri

javier.pc

Mar 23, 2010
Valencia

prashanthan.g

Jul 11, 2012
I can confirm that on my Find 7a, with this ROM, Bluetooth audio did not work. At first it doesn't play sound, when you turn it up, out just plays through the speakers.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Anyone got Pokemon Go working on this at all?

Reactions: javier.pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM-14.0 UNOFFICIAL for Find7 by Wuxianlin

This is only for chinese storage unification(havent test yet in other storage layout)
    FLASH IN YOUR OWN RISK IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU ALL GONNA DO...!!!!

Builds being update in the second post...

Chinese unification, nice tutorial made by @alexander Tashi -> here

This is for Find7a but work on Find7s to
    This is for chinese storage partition(Only test in this layout), and i dont know if it work on other layouts like Stock/LVM/Coldbird, you all have to test it for yourselfs

The daily base work
    GPS
    WIFI
    4G/LTE
    COMPASS
    and others...
    BLUETOOTH can detect and connect but the sound is yet came out from the phone...
    I have flash oppocamera work less the HDcamera
    Flash the A.R.I.S.E. AUDITORY RESEARCH IN SOUND ENHANCEMENT work(havent test yet maxxaudio)
    You can use has daily driver...

Ps.: since this use CM kernel is possible that you may have reboots... :\
    CM14.1 10/31/16 Build UNOFFICIAL
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312968873555009550

Camera works, everything else works except video recording at this time. I'm unsure if you can use the Chinese Unification with this build, someone will just have to try and let me know! Using it with stock CM layout.

NOTE: Still a non-lvm build, need some time to dig into this. Its tough between working full time and gard school so please be patient!
    Got some free time today... compiling an LVM build now. If it compiles, I'll throw it up later tonight.
    After some build errors and headaches finally got it to compile. I'll test it out now. If it pans out, I'll throw it up in a few hours.

EDIT: Rom booted, had a strange problem with gapps. I think It's resolved now. I'll keep you all posted
    cm-14.0-20161022-UNOFFICIAL-find7

LVM Supported bug list TBD.... haven't found any thus far. Use at your own risk!

NOTE: I was only able to flash gapps 7.0 micro, I suggest you do the same. Happy flashing :)

Injected, you can disseminate this rom to community oppo but make sure to give me the credit!