[ROM] CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean [KANG] [Aug-6]

Search This thread
G

GuestK00403

OK....here is a new build. this one should be getting a little closer to working i think.

changes are as follows:

tried to address the sdcard issue. (there was an overlook on the partition path)
Reverted a small change to how the moden fw is mounted to return to 4.2 behaviour, (I changed this in the process of getting 4.3 radio working but it actually wasnt needed so went back to way it was)
Found some code in the ril related to ATT signal strength and we fixed it up....maybe that will be it..although i think the API thing is the fix but no one has tested it. this is just more stable...but i really think you guys need to switch to ATT LTE or similar apn.. and delte att phone... i googled the issue you guys are having and a lot of posts for multiple att devices came up with that issue and that was the fix.

(the exact issue. of connecting, reconnecting etc)

http://chronic-buildbox.dyndns-serv...10.2-20130826-Albinoman887-holiday-1125AM.zip

Same issue still...

Changed the APN's got off ATT phone (Deleted it) and moved the the LTE apn even added the H+ apn didn't change anything..

Part of a logcat, when the signal flickered in and out is attached.
---------------------------
If I select no APN and disable data it doesn't switch off and on... and I can actually make calls.

Attachments

• radio.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
G

GuestK00403

guess the apn thing wasnt it.

How about this.. go to settings More>Mobile networks> network modes> and try different ones?

Tried that as well... Nothing shows up on LTE/WCDMA or GSM/WCDMA... Phone signal shows up on the LTE/GSM/WCDMA.

Update
Okay looks like the signal drops when data tries to kick in... if data is off there is no prob.

Last edited:

jh64dsb877r

Jan 20, 2012
I'm on AT&T and definitely have a stable connection at this point (still on the build from last night).

But, I had data disabled on my mobile connection. I enabled data and boom, all of a sudden my signal dropped out and flickered on and off like some people describe.

I'd suggest anyone experiencing a problem where the signal goes on and off try disabling mobile data, and see if that fixes the issue with the cell signal. After I disabled mobile data again, my solid cell signal came back. I can repeat this issue easily, enabling/disabling mobile data kicks my cell signal on and off.

So, other than that issue with what looks like the mobile data, everything else works great so far.

Also, the default APN is the one labeled ATT Phone, but that worked fine for me on my 3G microcell. I switched the default to ATT LTE, and that works too, hope this helps.

Someone asked about getting radio logs, I use lumberjack, but you can use pretty much any good log program or even a terminal or adb if you prefer.

EDIT: Alright, I added a radio log snapshot just after I tried enabling data to trigger the cell signal kicking out, and then disabling data to get a stable signal. Hopefully, there's some useful info there. If there's any other logs you need, just let me know.

Attachments

• logcat_radio.txt
    243.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Jaxellis

Sep 19, 2011
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S20
I'm on AT&T and definitely have a stable connection at this point (still on the build from last night).

But, I had data disabled on my mobile connection. I enabled data and boom, all of a sudden my signal dropped out and flickered on and off like some people describe.

I'd suggest anyone experiencing a problem where the signal goes on and off try disabling mobile data, and see if that fixes the issue with the cell signal. After I disabled mobile data again, my solid cell signal came back. I can repeat this issue easily, enabling/disabling mobile data kicks my cell signal on and off.

So, other than that issue with what looks like the mobile data, everything else works great so far.

Yes we have already determined that. Its because of the updated libril albino is using. If he fixes it then yay we have updated stuff. if he doesnt then that's fine. Though his updated one fixes the wonky "signal strength" numbers.

Camera needs some work.

jh64dsb877r

Jan 20, 2012
Yes we have already determined that. Its because of the updated libril albino is using. If he fixes it then yay we have updated stuff. if he doesnt then that's fine. Though his updated one fixes the wonky "signal strength" numbers.

Camera needs some work.

Alright, no worries then. The build's good as a daily for me for now (I hardly ever need mobile data). So, I'll have it running in the meantime if anyone wants me to try anything.

gevans01

Feb 26, 2008
San Francisco
sounds like the cpu cant keep up. bump up the min cpu freq and see what happens...

part of it might because our device doesnt support LPA (low power audio) so it has to do more cpu work to play audio then normal

albinoman887 - I've double the cpu freg using system tuner and still the same problem. If no other solution, I will just have to get use to the pauses during music play. I really like the work you've guys done on this rom and don't want to go back to stock.

This weekend I will start testing your next rom 4.3 and give the team feedback.

Thanks again,

jh64dsb877r

Jan 20, 2012
albinoman887 - I've double the cpu freg using system tuner and still the same problem. If no other solution, I will just have to get use to the pauses during music play. I really like the work you've guys done on this rom and don't want to go back to stock.

This weekend I will start testing your next rom 4.3 and give the team feedback.

Thanks again,

I use the Amazon music app without any pause issues. Maybe that's a good one to try?

Reactions: gevans01

gevans01

Feb 26, 2008
San Francisco
sounds like the cpu cant keep up. bump up the min cpu freq and see what happens...

part of it might because our device doesnt support LPA (low power audio) so it has to do more cpu work to play audio then normal

I use the Amazon music app without any pause issues. Maybe that's a good one to try?

I'll try that this evening. One thing I will try is get a new Micro-SD, but with better performance. I have a 32g that is 80% full with music and some video. I had this SD for 3 years and used it in over 40 flashes (smile). I will also try it this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
OK....here is a new build. this one should be getting a little closer to working i think.

changes are as follows:

tried to address the sdcard issue. (there was an overlook on the partition path)
Reverted a small change to how the moden fw is mounted to return to 4.2 behaviour, (I changed this in the process of getting 4.3 radio working but it actually wasnt needed so went back to way it was)
Found some code in the ril related to ATT signal strength and we fixed it up....maybe that will be it..although i think the API thing is the fix but no one has tested it. this is just more stable...but i really think you guys need to switch to ATT LTE or similar apn.. and delte att phone... i googled the issue you guys are having and a lot of posts for multiple att devices came up with that issue and that was the fix.

(the exact issue. of connecting, reconnecting etc)

http://chronic-buildbox.dyndns-serv...10.2-20130826-Albinoman887-holiday-1125AM.zip

I am on bell mobility network and I have 2 APN but switching to one or the other wasn't making a difference.

I am downloading latest build now and will report.

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
try what i said in the above post. go check apns. i bet your defaulted to ATT Phone. you need to look for the one thats says this for apn type: default, supl, hipri. I'm pretty sure its called ATT LTE. make that your default and delete the ATT Phone

I need one of you guys on gtalk/hangouts. i'm pretty sure this is just a setting thats causing problems. you could also try goint to settings>More>Mobile Networks> and then tap Network mode and try different once. try any one that has GSM in it

No luck on that.

To get phone service only way is to disable data.

Last edited:

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
I'll try that this evening. One thing I will try is get a new Micro-SD, but with better performance. I have a 32g that is 80% full with music and some video. I had this SD for 3 years and used it in over 40 flashes (smile). I will also try it this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

you mentioning sd made me think of something...download a app that lets you change the ureadahead size. I know system tuner allows you to change it. its under sd.. try bumping it up. i think its at like 510 or something try 1024 to 2048 and see if it changes anything

and yeah the new build is coming... i'm gonna open a new thread here in a bit.. gotta do some household stuff first

Last edited:

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
hey sorry for the delay. i'm really tired ad i want to do one more test build with billibox, but either way i'll start a new 10.2 thread in the morning with an offical build to download : sorry for the delay :)

Reactions: htcvividnoob

gevans01

Feb 26, 2008
San Francisco
you mentioning sd made me think of something...download a app that lets you change the ureadahead size. I know system tuner allows you to change it. its under sd.. try bumping it up. i think its at like 510 or something try 1024 to 2048 and see if it changes anything

and yeah the new build is coming... i'm gonna open a new thread here in a bit.. gotta do some household stuff first

albinoman, i've bump the SD cache up to 4096 in system turner and made sure it was set during startup. Still experiencing the same problem (random pausing). I will try one more thing and that is to do a total wipe, flash the kernel and install the rom again, but do not include gapp and my other apps to make sure the apps are not creating the problem. (since it works for others) then I will slowly add an app and test. I will keep you posted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2 Jellybean 4.2.2 - KANG

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki

Screenshots

Installation Instructions

Requirements
    * Rooted (obviously)
    * A brain

Installation
    1: If you are coming from another ROM do a full wipe
    1a: if this is just an update to THIS ROM BASE you can simply wipe cache and dalvik cache
    1b: if your device is S-ON you must flash your boot.img either with fastboot or some type of GUI program EVERY FLASH (google is your friend)
    2: Flash gapps (download below)
    3: Reboot
    4: Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1

Please read the whole post for changelog, Download links, and other important info

Updates:: First build since initial release, mainly cosmentic changes. although a couple important fixes. Anyways please take the time to read the whole post, as well as post #2

. As always: remember it takes a FULL charge from AC, and a full discharge then re charge batteryt to be accurate. Also leave it plugged in for up to an hour at 100%, Another thing i find helps battery life is to make custom auto-adjustment values if you use auto-brightness. Check below for full changelog Feedback always welcome Please read the Kernel section for more info and full config options for the kernel.

Albinoman887

Working
    SMS/MMS
    Wi-FI
    Data
    GPS
    Audio
    Radio
    Camera
    Google Now
    Internal/External SD card
    Bluetooth
    H/W Accelerated Video Playback
    Native Wi-Fi Tethering
    1080p Video Recording

Not Working
    ????????????

Changelog

Aug-19
    * Here is a test CM-10.2 build. please post your results. if they are good i will open a new thread...

Aug-6
    * Synced with upstream
    * Kernel updated to Linux 3.0.85
    * One more go at the low mic in call issue
    * Build is now on a new super fast server. i will still use goo.im due to the OTA update function but the new server will be the main download link

July-23
    * Fixed a few rare graphical glitches (no not with Maps 7)
    * Any and all upstream changes at time of compile
    * Disabled Sweep2wake since it doesnt work (it does on pyramid and shooter so will revisit this bug one day)

July-15
    * CM tagged 10.1.2 (security fixes)
    * 2nd go at fixing sim card message
    * Fixed torch turning off with screen
    * Fixed soft reboots!!
    * Enabled FauxSound
    * General cleanup
    * Any upstream updaes to CM at time of compile

July-2
    * Fixed all the issues with the last release and black screen
    * Really fixed video recording - NOTE!: if dirty flashing you must clear data and cache of Gallery app
    * Kernel: Enabled mpdecision (I forgot)
    * Fixed "SIM card inserted" message on boot
    * Fixed issue where some people had to toggle airplane mode to get service
    * General cleanup of code, seems more stable
    * Kernel: Changed version string to ChronicKernel to conform with my pyramid/GS4/glacier kernels
    * Added qcom-post-boot service to startup (was missing)
    * Upstream CM Changes

June-30
    * Fixed Low volume
    * Fixed LED flashlight toggle not being selectable for notification drawer
    * Fixed Video recording
    * Fixed Dock options not showing in settings
    * Fixed volume rocker wake not showing in settings
    * Fixed issue with soft-reboots during heavy usage
    * Added init script for configuring some kernel settings (GPU OC, fsync, etc) (located:/system/etc/init.d/99kernel)
    * Set min CPU freq to 384mhz like on other msm8660 devices (192mhz is a buggy freq)
    * Fixed big margins on homescreens with trebuchet after clean install
    * Upstream CM changes

June-29 - initial build
    notable changes since cm10
    * Kernel: GPU drivers updated to jb-chocolate from CAF
    * Kernel: Genlock updated to jb-chocolate from CAF
    * Kernel: vidc updated to jb-chocolate from CAF
    * Kernel compiled with linaro and -o3 optimizations
    * Kernel: updated to Linux 3.0.80
    * All issues from development builds squashed

Kernel

ChronicKernel

* Compiled with linaro
    * Set flash to disable if battery is below 10% to prevent the random shut-off when taking a pic
    * Removed/Disabled KSM
    * Removed ZRAM
    * User-configurable GPU OC (Not OC'd by default)
    * Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
    * Added more I/O schedulers
    * Tweaked voltages a bit
    * Reverted CRT hack to smooth animation in Android 4.2.2
    * Increased PMEM_MDP as it is needed in Android 4.2.2 to fix soft-reboots
    * PM_FAST enabled by default (high power wi-fi when screen is off)

These settings were changed by me to help make the kernel more stable with our ROM, observed with tests by me. If you want more features of the Sultan kernel feel free to flash it, but support will not be provided in this thread.

Other Features of the kernel include:

* OC to 1866Mhtz (default 1566Mhtz)
    * Undervolted
    * User-configurable CPU OC
    * User-configurable CPU default governor (ondemand = default)
    * User-configurable I/O scheduler (default = SIO)
    * User-configurable badass gonvernor (default = balanced)
    * Sweep2Wake

You can edit many of the settings in /system/etc/init.d/99kernel, here is a snippet of the script with all the config options

Kernel init script: Click Show Content to expand

Code:
    #Script originally made by Axetilen. Modified by Sultan (android1234567)
    #Updated for albinoman887's ChronicKernel (98% of the credit goes to android1234567. Thanks so much man :)

# Configure your options here #

# Config default CPU Gonvernor (Disabled by default: When disabled uses internal Kernel setting)
    # For better battery life switch to badass
    # Kernel Default: ondemand
    # Possible values
    #  badass
    #  ondemand
    #  interactive
    #= lagfee
    #  performance
    GOV=ondemand;

# Config I/O scheduler
    # deadline
    # cfq
    # noop
    # vr 
    # sio (default)
    IO=sio;

# Config CPU max frequency
    # Default: 1566000 (1566Mhtz)
    # Overclockable to - 1836000 (1836Mhtz)
    # for badass set to 1566mhtz (best performance/battery life)
    MAXFREQ=1566000;

# Config CPU min frequency
    # Default: 384000 (384Mhtz)
    # Range 384000 - 1944000 (384Mhtz - 1944Mhtz)
    MINFREQ=384000;

# Config 3D GPU clock
    # 228571000 = 228mhz
    # 266667000 = 267mhz (default)
    # 300000000 = 300mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
    # 320000000 = 320mhz
    GPU=266667000;

# Config 2D GPU clock
    # 145455000 = 145mhz
    # 160000000 = 160mhz
    # 200000000 = 200mhz (default)
    # 228571000 = 228mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
    # 266667000 = 267mhz
    DD=200000000;

# Badass
    # possible values
    # 1 = performance
    # 2 = balanced
    # 3 = battery saving
    BADASS=2

# Enable Sweep2Wake
    # 0 = disabled (default)
    # 1 = enabled
    # 2 = enabled (with no button backlight during sweep)
    SWEEP=0

# Enable Fastcharge
    # 0 = disabled
    # 1 = substitute AC to USB charging always
    # 2 = substitute AC to USB charging only if there is no USB peripheral detected
    FASTCHARGE=0;

# Fsync Control
    # Disabled by default (recomended)
    # 2 = Fsync disabled
    # 1 = Fsync enabled
    FSYNC=2;

# TUN
    # Disabled by default
    # 0 = Disabled
    # 1 = Enabled
    TUN=0

# End of configurable options #

Please note this is not the full script just a small portion, Check /system/etc/init.d/99kernel for the full script

Bugs

* MHL doesn't work
    * Sweep2wake sometimes causes issues with the proximity sensor during calls

Notes

Most vivid users are S-ON, if you don't know what this is you are. This means you must flash the boot.img EVERY FLASH either with fastboot or similar, if you fail to do this you WILL have problems, including broken wifi and instability

* As of Feb-19 CyanognMod changed the way the reboot menu works. To enable the "Advanced Reboot" menu with recovery and bootloader go to Settings>Developer Options and Check Advanced Reboot

* As of AOSP 4.2.2 ADB now has a whitelist feature. On first connect with adb it will say device offline You need to update your ADB then with the phone connected. Disable and Re-Enable Android Debugging in the Developer Options menu. It will ask if you want to accept and show the PC's RSA key. Select Yes and it will now work as expected

* If your homescreen does not look right (big margins) go to System Settings>Launcher>homescreen[/B] click Stretch screens. Then choose grid size and set rows to 5.

* As of AOSP 4.2.1 Developer Options and Performance setting menu options are hidden until you go into about phone and tap build number repeatedly (aprox. 6 times) this only needs to be done once

* If you are having a lot of soft reboots when waking the device set you min CPU freq. to 384htz in Performance settings. (What? no Performance settings? ummm look up hehe)

* If you are coming from another ROM i highly recommend you perform and Wipe Date/Factory Reset in recovery menu when applying this ROM.

* The gapps linked to does not have photosphere. As far as i know it's not supposed to. If you want photophere search for the flashable zip

* If you can't get MMS to work. Send yourself a MMS. or just wait a day. eventually they will work again

* For the best battery life I suggest the stock settings with the exception of the ONDEMAND governor. Switching to BADASS will yield best battery results

DOWNLOAD

ROM : cm-10.1-20130806-Albinoman887-holiday.zip
    Gapps : gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    Goo.im Repo : CLICK HERE
    * This ROM can also be downloaded directly with GooManager *

Source Code

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Credits

* android1234567 for getting this porting project going, it was a joint effort between us to get this going
    * billibox for his relentless testing

* of course cyanogen, the CyanogenMod project and all who contribute.
    * Bruce2728 for doing all the leg-work originally to get get CM-10 on our Sensation, most of which was used for CM-10.1
    * Evervolv Team for their device tree. This was largely what was needed to get the build going.
    * mikez for all his work on the Evervolv/pyramid tree.
    * NLJ for making the diff patch of Evervolv's frameworks_av repo to get camera working
    * jiggs82 for all his helpful hints.
    * And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    * dastin1015 for answering all my n00bish questions, and providing helpful hints and solutions
    * android1234567 for all the help with the kernel, without you we wouldn't have new kernel
    * tarfu for fixing camera p2z
    * blahb14hblah for his hint to the extra scrolling tweak in frameworks/base
    * NLJ for fixing the Sweep2Wake proximity sensor issue
    * Skipjacks for maintaining the Q&A thread
    * A bunch of thanks to arco, for all his updates to our kernel, our display libs, our media libs, and for fixing the video playback glitching, and for being a good friend and dev mentor.

Donations

I really didn't want to do this but people keep asking so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

For more information, like kernel info (and possibly newer kernel builds) from our kernel chef android1234567 read the 2nd post

Happy Flashing

Albinoman887
    i havent forgot about you guys. i'm getting this build nice and fine tuned before release. its really getting close to being bug free.
    I Record a video in 1080p full hd but when I try play it from gallery it doesn't shown. I see only tiled screen

Sent from my HTC Holiday using xda app-developers app

use a different video player

To the battery people. please keep that sh*t out of here. go read my pyramid thread. you will see my stance on battery drain. its a Q&A question. your using the same kernel the shooter and pyramid are using. they dont have wakelocks or anything so neither should the vivid. yes your battery is going to be worse then the last builds beccuase I FORGOT TO ENABLE MPDECISION you were only running on 1 core. thats why you had such great battery

The sim card thing is odd. just hit back for now. and if you dont have service toggle airplane. i'll look it over tonight/tomorrow. i'm gonna be on the road a bit tomorrow though (going somewhere for the 4th) but i'll have my laptop still

The soft reboots is an issue i already know about. your probably gonna keep having them til i can get pmem memory remapped in the kernel. i had to do the same for the pyramid. basically there is a thing called pmem sf that software uses for some memory stuff (graphics, cached textx, etc) and it has a fixed growth size. its set to 32 mb in kernel right now as it was on pyramid. this is ok on 4.1 but 4.2 needs more. so it needs to be bumped to 64. but then everything around it (framebuffer, writeback buffer) need to be moved. i have it "working" with 64 mb but the device only shows 597 mb of ram in about phone. if i try and give it more ram for userspace we end up with a black screen like the june 30 build. so its gonna be a bit since i have to rely on billibox for testing. and its just a pain in the a** (lots of hex math)

Anyways. i'll be back later with any updates
    I have the volume bug and video camera fixed. Just fell asleep after I got it fixed. I'll start the build now

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    whatever change that was made between july 2 and july 15th versions causes my Wifi not to work
    had to flash back to july 2nd to get it to work

tried wiping everything and running july 15th on a fresh install also , tried updating only the rom without wiping , tried it all without getting into anything crazy

any way to quickly make it work again based on the statement i made ? which files would i swap ?
    the wifi just says turning on wifi but never does on july 15th's version

Seriously....? this is been beat to death already... and the thread isnt that long so you have no excuse for not reading... most people on the vivid are "s-on" which means you need to flash the boot.img with fastboot or something similar. it wont flash in recovery... THIS NEEDS TO BE FLASHED EVERY DAMN TIME GUYS JEEESH i dont know where any of you have been.. but thinking that you can just flash a rom over a older boot.img and not update the boot.img and see no issues is beyond me...maybe thats why this device has such a bad rep for being buggy. because all of you flash the boot.img once and forget about it... the boot.img is not a STATIC thing... it changes a lot... it has all the scripts that boot the phone... and the kernel...and the wifi..bottom line you dont flash the boot.img you are ASKING FOR TROUBLE. i'm just gonna start ignoring people who i know didnt flash the boot.img because it seems i can say it til i'm blue in the face....i'm just going to link people to this post...this should honestly be a sticky in this thread,,,the amount of people i see having issues because they didnt know to flash the updated boot.img is staggering....everyone should read this... it will probably cut the replies in half....

BOTTOM LINE - YOUR WIFI DOESNT WORK = FLASH THE BOOT.IMG, = YOUR BLUETOOH DOESNT WORK = FLASH BOOT.IMG, YOUR PHONE NO LONGER GETS YOU A BEER = FLASH THE BOOT.IMG

sorry i just really want people to see this