[ROM][CM10.2][CM11] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod for E980

Search This thread

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
Just installed the latest nightly CM11 on my E390 (AT&T) but when it boots up, it does not detect my Bell SIM. Tried it with a Rogers SIM and still no detection. Am I missing something. This did not happen on my GS3 with CM11. It there something I need to do to get the SIM detected?

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
Seems like I formatted the /firmware in CWM. Lost the modem. Got it back now.

Speaking of modem, are you guys using the baseband from the latest stock ROM or are you using a different version with CM11?

stew1411

Feb 24, 2011
Ardmore
I installed the m9 snapshot from cyanogen. Works great so far. One problem. This is probably a universal cm problem. Under button settings, the q button is considered as the search button. When I choose what action it does, I can't find open an app. I want it to open my music player. However, all I see is launch camera, open recent tasks, etc. How can I make it launch music?

ydoubleun

Sep 10, 2007
i flashed CM10.2 on my E980 (singapore LG) and everything works fine.
but I just realized Viber is not working well. mic is not working and hung up automatically after 10s.
anyone having same issue?
any help or guide will be much appreciated
thanks in advance
ywn

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
I installed the m9 snapshot from cyanogen. Works great so far. One problem. This is probably a universal cm problem. Under button settings, the q button is considered as the search button. When I choose what action it does, I can't find open an app. I want it to open my music player. However, all I see is launch camera, open recent tasks, etc. How can I make it launch music?

I think it's possible to use XPosed module to change the button, you will have to look into that, but anything can do what you want, it probably be XPosed.

anonymous007

Aug 4, 2012
Loathing In Las Vegas
Guys i have lg g pro at&t software version e98020h...can anyone help me to root this device..i tried universal root but cant root my device...it will b a great help if u guys help me.. thnx in advance bros.. :D :)

It worked for me when updating to 20h so I'm sure it'll work for you.
1. Get towlroot; https://towelroot.com/ and "make it rain" to enable root. (if that's all you need then your done; otherwise continue to get recovery as freegee doesn't support 20h.)
2. Install supersu from the playstore upon installation select normal method.
3. Get flashify from the playstore and grant it supersu permission upon request.
4. Download the Gummy CWM touch recovery .img here http://androidhosting.org/Gummy/e980/NIGHTLY/
5. Now open flashify select recovery image and locate the Gummy CWM .img file.
6. Flash and let it reboot into recovery.
7. Reboot system and enjoy. :good:

P.S if your planning on flashing a custom rom it's probably a good idea to get all the necessary files ( rom, gapps etc.) before hand so that when you reboot into recovery make a backup for safety measures and perform a fullwipe (wipe system and cache) then flash your files.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhanmohan

dhanmohan

Bro freegee showing that ur device is not supported by loki on software version E98020h

Sent from my m2 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I flashed recovery with flashify but not booting in recovery mode

anonymous007

Aug 4, 2012
Loathing In Las Vegas
Bro freegee showing that ur device is not supported by loki on software version E98020h

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I flashed recovery with flashify but not booting in recovery mode

I know I originally stated that in the post lol you have to use supersu normal install then flashify grant it permission in supersu and flash the Gummy CWM .img file :p

anonymous007

Aug 4, 2012
Loathing In Las Vegas
I did what u said to do! What to do now bro help me

Were are you at right now freegee won't do anything you don't need it, if you just needed root then your done otherwise I'm going to need some specifics on what the problem is as the freegee error shouldn't cause problems.

Okay missed that other part did you select recovery image in the selection and did you make sure it was the .img file from Gummy CWM?
Worse case scenario and this might be easier for you is to just use the LG Flash Tool and downgrade from 20h to 10g or 10k.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrojas

anonymous007

Aug 4, 2012
Loathing In Las Vegas
Bro how to unlock bootloader then? I downloaded freegee for unlocking boot loader..

You want unlocked bootloader? Well the method I posted bypasses or unlocks it not sure which one but I do know it will get you into recovery and grant loki support so you can flash custom roms without freegee; but if you want freegee that bad then you'll have to downgrade using the flash tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrojas

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota

Think that link is no good. I tried it yesterday. I recommend KingoRoot and then FreeGee. After that if your gonna use TWRP. then grab Madmacks TWRP V. 2.8.0.0 for SD fix and you should be set. And yeah it looks like your best option is to grab everything you want off your internal sd and flastool to 10g. I just did it 2 days ago myself.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

anonymous007

Aug 4, 2012
Loathing In Las Vegas
Think that link is no good. I tried it yesterday. I recommend KingoRoot and then FreeGee. After that if your gonna use TWRP. then grab Madmacks TWRP V. 2.8.0.0 for SD fix and you should be set. And yeah it looks like your best option is to grab everything you want off your internal sd and flastool to 10g. I just did it 2 days ago myself.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow looks like it is down must have been removed by the dev or is bugged as it never full redirects R.I.P towlroot :crying: however the last version v3 is still floating around as some people have re-uploaded it on different severs just grabbed me a copy just in case lol :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is guys. CM10.2 & CM11 for our beloved E980

cm.png

This is a team's work. @Shelnutt2 and airk000 have been contributing with me to bring this port to every one.

Instructions
    • Important step: Make sure you have either a lokified CWM or an UPDATED TWRP recovery before you proceed. If you continue to use TWRP from the old builds, your touch screen might become not responsive when in TWRP. I've build a TWRP 2.6.1.0 recovery that has touch screen support, so you can flash this first, reboot into recovery, and then proceed. You can get that recovery HERE. Do not flash this recovery if you do not have an E980 (AT&T LG Optimus G Pro) as it will brick your device.
    • Make sure you install this MODEM. Without it, you'll have a phone that never deep sleeps. ever.
    • Download the latest build from the section below
    • Download gapps for Android 4.3. I'm putting a build up in the link below
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Wipe system, data and cache.
    • Install CM10.2
    • Install gapps 4.3
    • Install <insert accessory>
    • Factory reset again for good measure
    • Reboot

Downloads

In this link, you'll find everything that you need; the latest builds, some accessories like the qremote app and the modem:

http://downloads.codefi.re/madmack/GPRO/

Known issues

Thanks

Thanks goes to members of TeamLGOG and every one that contributed to populating these open source repositories:
    @Shelnutt2 and airk000 for their continuous support and contribution.

rmcc for his awesome work on the gproj kernel

and of course, the rest of the CM team

if anybody is interested, I've made a cm11 (kitkat) fresh build today when I wanted to test compatability with some of my apps with Android 4.4. Noticed the unofficial is having sdcard permission and camera problems so I've fixed them. I put the build up in case anyone is interested.

http://downloads.codefi.re/madmack/GPRO/CM11

This is all from Ricardo's work in the official build + camera and sdcard fixes that I introduced.
    I'm calling it a day. It's been a long one.

I'll post the sources up tomorrow after some clean up. Enjoy the release guys. :victory:
    It has come to my attention that some users are discussing the early cm11 builds that I'm releasing in oblikas' thread. Please guys, keep the discussion of the builds I release to this thread lest we upset other devs around here. Thank you !

Having said that, I modified both the title and the description of the OP to incorporate CM11 alongside CM10.2 given that I don't really have time to maintain another new thread. Feel free to discuss whatever version you like in this thread. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    @madmack no build for yesterday?

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

Yea I actually haven't setup the nightly cron job for CM11. What you see are all "manual" builds. I can bake something fresh and put it up if you want.

I'll do that ;) I see that Ricardo has merged in some camera fixes. sdcard is still broken upstream so I'll keep my sdcard fixes in. Build should be up in an hour or so.