[ROM]CM10.2[JB][4.3.1][Kernel 3.0][SGT7][P1000/N/L]OpenPDroid[20131104][RETIRED]

Search This thread

haitaoh

Mar 8, 2012
Just to share a little tip - disabling the wallpaper service makes my tab faster and smoother...

Again really appreciate the hard work of the TEAM. My tab is getting better with every Android and Kernel upgrade...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Feb 13, 2009
Hello,

This is the 4th ROM I install on my P1000, I used alroger's 4.2.2 before, and was very happy with it.

I installed this ROM with full wipe to start clean.
It works as good as the latest 4.2.2 for my use. Thanks a lot for the hard work !!

There are 2 weird points though :
- The WiFi MAC address changed when I installed this ROM ?! (IMEI and BT MAC are good)

- With all your ROM, I have the Cell-ID not working, IMSI/IMEI are good but I can't locate without GPS or Wifi, and can't get the LAC/Cell-ID. I tried lots of things, but none worked (flash modem.bin, re-install from restock 2.3 etc etc...). Works fine with full restock then fails after installing this ROM. Anything I can provide or test ?

Edit :
"Solved" the 1st point, after finding this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1628351

I changed the file /data/.nvram_net.txt using the /data/.nvmac.info which had the correct MAC address while Wifi was off, and on next Wifi start (don't need reboot) got my MAC back.

Survives a reboot.

Last edited:

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Hi!
Thanks Alroger for keeping delivering to our old tabs :)
Came from Alrogers 4.2.2 date 10 aug.
Wiped and flashed.
Everything works great, also both cameras.
Only fc on browser so using chrome, and message app missing so im using Handcent.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

When you say "Both Camera" are working, did you mean that you can take "Selfies" with the Front Camera?!

trondjl

May 27, 2007
No, sorry, I was a bit quick. I never actually tested taking pictures with the front one. Preview works then force closes when trying to take picture. Back camera I can take picturew with..

Reactions: Ichijoe

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
No, sorry, I was a bit quick. I never actually tested taking pictures with the front one. Preview works then force closes when trying to take picture. Back camera I can take picturew with..

Not to sound like a jerk, but why hasn't this been fixed yet?
And with the current release of v4.4.x KitKat One is left to wonder if it ever WILL be fixed.
Then again I wonder if anyone plans on hacking up a KitKat ROM for the P1000? Even though Google have stated that it should work on all Single Core Devices with 512Mb RAM (e.g. The P1000)...

Mjoelnir77

Aug 9, 2011
Then again I wonder if anyone plans on hacking up a KitKat ROM for the P1000? Even though Google have stated that it should work on all Single Core Devices with 512Mb RAM (e.g. The P1000)...

https://plus.google.com/+ChirayuDesai/posts/REaEd6NTmva

So cdesai has an experimental build (looks like no 3g and wifi only for now looking at status bar) that is able to boot. I doubt he fails at fixing the rest that is needed to post a public experimental build as the most important stuff already happened. Just give him some time.

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
And with the current release of v4.4.x KitKat One is left to wonder if it ever WILL be fixed.

Plan?? Think these guys plan? :D No plans, everybody is doing it.
I hearby declare that I plan to try and build every Android version for the Tab for as long I have a Tab. :p
I've been trying to build since I saw cdesai's post...

About the Kitkat hype on lowend devices (ksm, zram, optimized memroy management...) we've had those goodies for a while now on our CM builds and humberos' kernels. Lets see if it gets any smoother!

Btw, I'm enjoying the new launcher (search and install for just GoogleHome.apk) with the new Google Search (just update from the Market).

Cheers.

nonato

May 7, 2009
advanced reboot

in settings > developer options > advanced reboot > enable

when you try to reboot into recovery from the power menu option it just reboots the tab

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I hearby declare that I plan to try and build every Android version for the Tab for as long I have a Tab. :p

About the Kitkat hype on lowend devices (ksm, zram, optimized memroy management...) we've had those goodies for a while now on our CM builds and humberos' kernels. Lets see if it gets any smoother!

Btw, I'm enjoying the new launcher (search and install for just GoogleHome.apk) with the new Google Search (just update from the Market).

Cheers.

I'm glad to see that work is being done. Perhaps its to early to start picking Bones.
But, how goes the (Front) Camera and BlueTooth on the newer KitKat test Roms?
Are they any better, worse, or the same?
I kinda understand why the Phone / Data is still broken as those are not "Open" like the rest of Android is, and may take longer to get working,

In any case I'm really looking forward to the eventual release of KitKat on the P1000!

Last edited:
Reactions: hfalahaty1

AnakTeKa

Oct 2, 2011
I have a problem
I can't open web page using my 3G connection, but I able to ping the web with terminal emulator
Anyone facing this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I have a problem
I can't open web page using my 3G connection, but I able to ping the web with terminal emulator
Anyone facing this problem?

Did you try moving to a better location?
What about your usage? Its amazing how fast you can burn through only 256Mb of allotted 3G Time. (Well on my Contract any way!)
Sadly I can't say much more about this as I've decided to stick with CM10 (a.k.a JB 4.1.2) for the time being, As everything works!
The only thing that doesn't is the ability to turn off Data from the Power Menu. I wish there were a way to bring that back again.

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
What about your usage? Its amazing how fast you can burn through only 256Mb of allotted 3G Time. (Well on my Contract any way!)
Sadly I can't say much more about this as I've decided to stick with CM10 (a.k.a JB 4.1.2) for the time being, As everything works!
The only thing that doesn't is the ability to turn off Data from the Power Menu. I wish there were a way to bring that back again.

I switch mobile data, since CM10.1 through Quick settings Tiles - Mobile data. Much easier then power menu.
yhebytuv.jpg

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I switch mobile data, since CM10.1 through Quick settings Tiles - Mobile data. Much easier then power menu.
yhebytuv.jpg

Well, that's all great then. The only problem here is that I've never seen a CM10.1+ ROM that wasn't either had a broken (Front), Camera, or broken BlueTooth. Or in most cases both! Thus I prefer to just get stuck into CM10, which more or less works, and is more or less also stable...

Do my Eyes decieve me or does yor Camera work? If so what about the BlueTooth?
If those are both working for you. Could you be so kind to tell me which ROM your using?

Thx!

Last edited:

AnakTeKa

Oct 2, 2011

Yes, already move to a better location
And weird thing is when I turn on mobile hotspot and my mobile device connected to it, I can browsing with it

dront78

Jul 3, 2008
Moscow
Hi

I tested a lot and this is my daily rom for now
I reflashed rom with format boot and system, soa lot of bugs are disapperared. The only annoing is hardware decoding sometimes freeze my tablet so I have to reboot. SElinux still freeze when enable and multiuser unstable when try to add a user, but after reboot multiple users works just fine. Camera is ok for videoconferencing after reflash, only crash on save picture. Thank you very much for this useful rom!

Reactions: hfalahaty1

dandydon414

Apr 28, 2012
not able to boot into recovery thru the rom, only with vol up and power button. when I do, I'm getting a bunch of can't mount errors

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
not able to boot into recovery thru the rom, only with vol up and power button. when I do, I'm getting a bunch of can't mount errors

You probably stuck in between partition formats. I suggest you wipe everything, flash reboot into recovery and flash it again before even booting the ROM. Or do a full restock with repartition, start over fresh and let it do it's thing.

grka

Apr 8, 2011
I installed your rom today. So far it seems to work fine but when I try to send a sms then I get the message that com.android.phone was forced to close. What's wrong? I deleted already cache and dalvik but it didn't help

I can make phonecalls and download files from the playstore through gsm without problems

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer by cdesai

#include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    Here goes my CM10.2 contribution to the good old Galaxy Tab 7". This is the ROM that I'm using and sharing with yout guys. It's based on the CyanogenMod ROM, with sgt7 repo goodies, sbradymobile's Trebuchet and Settings, OpenPDroid Patches to enable the use of the PDroid Manager Privacy App and hopefully humberos' kernel and TWRP Touch Recovery.
    SGT7 Tabs - P1000, P1000N/L
    CDMA - sorry, no prospect for now. Anyone able to help out there?

Features
    Works: Everything except frontal pictures?

Installation instructions
    Regular flash through CwM or TWRP Recovery:
    1. Backup everything up!
    2. Wipe/Factory Reset
    3. Flash CM10.2 ROM.
    4. Flash PDroid Patches (optional).
    5. Flash GApps (optional).
    6. Reboot.

Changelog
    [20131104 ROM] with Kernel 3.0.101-HumberOS-v1.52
    [20131103 ROM] My first good one. working good for me!
    CwM Recovery, CM kernel, OpenPDroid optional ZIP...

Downloads
    ROM, PDroid Patchs, separate kernel ZIPs, etc...

Sources

FAQ
    The FAQ section in a thread is bound to grow over time... check for updates.

Q: How do I flash?
    A: Learn that before coming here.
    Q: How do I restore my {fill in here} ROM?
    Q: How do I use ODIN?
    Q: How do I use Heimdall?
    A: Learn that before coming here.​

Links and References

Troubleshooting
    • Mobile, Data, 3G problems? This ROM comes with the JPZ modem. You might need to flash your customary modem back. Just copy your modem.bin to /radio in the Tab.
      Wrong MAC? Wrong IMEI? Try restoring files from /sdcard/backup/efs*/* to /efs/. If you don’t have a backup, then start over with FULL Restock, and next time save your backup/efs folders, which are created everytime you install CM10.1.
    • Market problems? Clear Google Services Framework data and reboot.
    • Multiple users is NOT supported by the OpenPDroid Patches.
    • Developer options: can’t find it? It’s hidden! Tap About tablet / Build number 7 times to unlock it.
    • No touch? That means you got the wrong kernel installed. A couple of builds had problems identifying the exact model. Just flash your kernel through recovery or heimdall / odin.
    • No boot? Stuck at the SAMSUNG logo? Flash the correct kernel using Download Mode using heimdall!
    • Deep Sleep not kicking in? Try wiping cLock’s data or freezing / removing it (com.cyanogenmod.lockclock).

Thanks To/Credits
    * humberos
    * cdesai
    * sbradymobile
    * storm31
    everyone involved! CyanogenMod peeps, TWRP peeps, Linux peeps, OpenSource peeps, Android peeps, XDA peeps...
    Dev-Host Downloads and Ads

Please notice that Dev-Host has some really nasty snicky intrusive Ads in their download pages. DO NOT BE FOOLED! There is only one REAL download LINK, and it DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO WAIT, INSTALL, VISIT OR DO ANYTHING. And it's usually the smallest most discrete button of them all.
    Check out the image bellow and be carefull with all the ads around the real download button. They might float around and trick you into clicking them.
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused. I've never even noticed that was happening because I use a HOSTS mod for blocking those nasty ads and sugggest that everyone do too. Check it out in this site: Blocking unwanted connections
    UPDATE 20131104 - kernel humberos v1.52

[20131104 ROM] with Kernel 3.0.101-HumberOS-v1.52

Thanks @storm31 for your repo / manifest!

Cheers.