[ROM]CM10.2[JB][4.3.1][Kernel 3.0][SGT7][P1000/N/L]OpenPDroid[20131104][RETIRED]

Search This thread

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Code:
*** Disclaimer by cdesai

#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction
Here goes my CM10.2 contribution to the good old Galaxy Tab 7". This is the ROM that I'm using and sharing with yout guys. It's based on the CyanogenMod ROM, with sgt7 repo goodies, sbradymobile's Trebuchet and Settings, OpenPDroid Patches to enable the use of the PDroid Manager Privacy App and hopefully humberos' kernel and TWRP Touch Recovery.
SGT7 Tabs - P1000, P1000N/L
CDMA - sorry, no prospect for now. Anyone able to help out there?

Features
Works: Everything except frontal pictures?

Installation instructions
Regular flash through CwM or TWRP Recovery:
  1. Backup everything up!
  2. Wipe/Factory Reset
  3. Flash CM10.2 ROM.
  4. Flash PDroid Patches (optional).
  5. Flash GApps (optional).
  6. Reboot.

Changelog
[20131104 ROM] with Kernel 3.0.101-HumberOS-v1.52
[20131103 ROM] My first good one. working good for me!
CwM Recovery, CM kernel, OpenPDroid optional ZIP...

Downloads
ROM, PDroid Patchs, separate kernel ZIPs, etc...

Sources

FAQ
The FAQ section in a thread is bound to grow over time... check for updates.

Q: How do I flash?
A: Learn that before coming here.
Q: How do I restore my {fill in here} ROM?
Q: How do I use ODIN?
Q: How do I use Heimdall?
A: Learn that before coming here.​

Links and References

Troubleshooting
  • Mobile, Data, 3G problems? This ROM comes with the JPZ modem. You might need to flash your customary modem back. Just copy your modem.bin to /radio in the Tab.
    Wrong MAC? Wrong IMEI? Try restoring files from /sdcard/backup/efs*/* to /efs/. If you don’t have a backup, then start over with FULL Restock, and next time save your backup/efs folders, which are created everytime you install CM10.1.
  • Market problems? Clear Google Services Framework data and reboot.
  • Multiple users is NOT supported by the OpenPDroid Patches.
  • Developer options: can’t find it? It’s hidden! Tap About tablet / Build number 7 times to unlock it.
  • No touch? That means you got the wrong kernel installed. A couple of builds had problems identifying the exact model. Just flash your kernel through recovery or heimdall / odin.
  • No boot? Stuck at the SAMSUNG logo? Flash the correct kernel using Download Mode using heimdall!
  • Deep Sleep not kicking in? Try wiping cLock’s data or freezing / removing it (com.cyanogenmod.lockclock).

Thanks To/Credits
* humberos
* cdesai
* sbradymobile
* storm31
everyone involved! CyanogenMod peeps, TWRP peeps, Linux peeps, OpenSource peeps, Android peeps, XDA peeps...

Last edited:

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Dev-Host Downloads and Ads

Please notice that Dev-Host has some really nasty snicky intrusive Ads in their download pages. DO NOT BE FOOLED! There is only one REAL download LINK, and it DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO WAIT, INSTALL, VISIT OR DO ANYTHING. And it's usually the smallest most discrete button of them all.
Check out the image bellow and be carefull with all the ads around the real download button. They might float around and trick you into clicking them.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused. I've never even noticed that was happening because I use a HOSTS mod for blocking those nasty ads and sugggest that everyone do too. Check it out in this site: Blocking unwanted connections

Attachments

• dev-host-download.png
    dev-host-download.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,004
Last edited:

insanity213

Oct 2, 2010
I've got a cdma gtab and the resources to put up a build environment for it. I suck as a developer though, but would love 10.2 on my old tab so I'll take a crack at it if I can bug ppl here for help.

Reactions: mgh1982

papatzis

Feb 10, 2008
Hi alroger I am running your 4.2.2 version 10.1, without having any problem at all
I don't know if this one has any bugs, Is it possibe to update to this one only by just clearing cache and davlik cache through TWRP and after that to install the Rom , OpenPdroid and Gapps? I have to install all from scratch?
By the way the link for Gapps for 10.2 is not working page opens but is not downloading , I had already downloaded the rom and OpenPdroid
I have a full backup using TWRP to restore if I have any serius probems.
Thanks in advance and for the efford

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Hi alroger I am running your 4.2.2 version 10.1, without having any problem at all
I don't know if this one has any bugs, Is it possibe to update to this one only by just clearing cache and davlik cache through TWRP and after that to install the Rom , OpenPdroid and Gapps? I have to install all from scratch?
By the way the link for Gapps for 10.2 is not working page opens but is not downloading , I had already downloaded the rom and OpenPdroid
I have a full backup using TWRP to restore if I have any serius probems.
Thanks in advance and for the efford

No, can't keep your configs between major CM versions... you can try, but usually ends up in bad results. I recomend factory reset / wipe and restore your apps and data using something like Titanium Backup, but NOT the system settings.

Yeah, gapps seems to be having temporary problems right now... how about this temp link for you guys in UbuntuOne: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

dront78

Jul 3, 2008
Moscow
Hi

I just installed the rom and thank you very much it's better than official cm 10.1 for me
But also I found some more issues
- boot logo is still weird on startup
- seLinux does not enable, just freeze when click ok
- unable to reset data with sdcard erase, just rebooting and system is the same. clean data from cwm works ok

regards

Reactions: aadean22

dront78

Jul 3, 2008
Moscow
Unable to setup restricted account. Crash when press setup icon from main user account

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mjoelnir77

Aug 9, 2011
"dirty" flashed (wipe of system, boot, cache and dalvik only) coming from storm31's 20th release and no apparent problems so far

Reactions: Fenvarien

dront78

Jul 3, 2008
Moscow
Back camera does not suitable for videoconferencing. Got a lot garbage in preview overlay in Trueconf videoconferencing software. Front camera preview works ok, never got this bug in stock

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

The same result in HighSpeed Cam+ preview works only for 1024x600 and 800x600 other settings are garbage

Dmaxx67

Nov 21, 2011
Memphis
i have an old cdma tab that i just use for wifi no data plan connected anymore. Could you hook me up with a download that might work or point me on how to build my own. I got a build environment setup already and building roms for my lg optimus g

Reactions: scanferr

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
i have an old cdma tab that i just use for wifi no data plan connected anymore. Could you hook me up with a download that might work or point me on how to build my own. I got a build environment setup already and building roms for my lg optimus g

All my build tips in the CM10.1 thread. Not even a manifest to build cdma in cm10.2, or I would have shared. Feel free to test cm10.1 kernels with this ROM and share the results!

cx5

Apr 4, 2009
Firstly big thank alroger cdesai humberos koxudaxi et all, this build 20131104 has 487mb only, but on normal usage always available >100mb, hence response reactipon is really great. OC 1.4Ghz also stable, unlike 4.2 only manages 1.2Ghz.

Ok, possible bug report, bluetooth headset doesn't seem to be working with skype and oovoo, how to get logcat again! Thanks.

Can't detect headset device unless turn on DUT first then start BT in android. Inconclusive bcos only tried 1 DUT.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mgh1982

trondjl

May 27, 2007
Hi!
Thanks Alroger for keeping delivering to our old tabs :)
Came from Alrogers 4.2.2 date 10 aug.
Wiped and flashed.
Everything works great, also both cameras.
Only fc on browser so using chrome, and message app missing so im using Handcent.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

goughymachine

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
How's video playback going on this one? That's a biggie for me, and has seen me take a little longer to move to each new version. I stream or store on an sd card, mp4's etc up to 1080p of about 1.5g and on 4.2.2 with mx player they are pretty much perfect.

I can certainly say that you guys have been beyond outstanding in keeping our tab relevant. Every time I think it's time to upgrade, it just works well enough (a bit slower I know, but still works) to keep my money in my pocket. My bank balance thanks you all!

zukri90

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
How's video playback going on this one? That's a biggie for me, and has seen me take a little longer to move to each new version. I stream or store on an sd card, mp4's etc up to 1080p of about 1.5g and on 4.2.2 with mx player they are pretty much perfect.

I can certainly say that you guys have been beyond outstanding in keeping our tab relevant. Every time I think it's time to upgrade, it just works well enough (a bit slower I know, but still works) to keep my money in my pocket. My bank balance thanks you all!

Video playback is smooth for me so far on this ROM :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Please notice that Dev-Host has some really nasty snicky intrusive Ads in their download pages. DO NOT BE FOOLED! There is only one REAL download LINK, and it DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO WAIT, INSTALL, VISIT OR DO ANYTHING. And it's usually the smallest most discrete button of them all.
Check out the image bellow and be carefull with all the ads around the real download button. They might float and trick you into clicking them.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused. I never even knew that was happening because I use a HOSTS mod for blocking those nasty ads and sugggest that everyone do too. Check it out in this site: Blocking unwanted connections

Quoting post #2. Check the image attached there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer by cdesai

#include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    Here goes my CM10.2 contribution to the good old Galaxy Tab 7". This is the ROM that I'm using and sharing with yout guys. It's based on the CyanogenMod ROM, with sgt7 repo goodies, sbradymobile's Trebuchet and Settings, OpenPDroid Patches to enable the use of the PDroid Manager Privacy App and hopefully humberos' kernel and TWRP Touch Recovery.
    SGT7 Tabs - P1000, P1000N/L
    CDMA - sorry, no prospect for now. Anyone able to help out there?

Features
    Works: Everything except frontal pictures?

Installation instructions
    Regular flash through CwM or TWRP Recovery:
    1. Backup everything up!
    2. Wipe/Factory Reset
    3. Flash CM10.2 ROM.
    4. Flash PDroid Patches (optional).
    5. Flash GApps (optional).
    6. Reboot.

Changelog
    [20131103 ROM] My first good one. working good for me!
    CwM Recovery, CM kernel, OpenPDroid optional ZIP...

Downloads
    ROM, PDroid Patchs, separate kernel ZIPs, etc...

Sources

FAQ
    The FAQ section in a thread is bound to grow over time... check for updates.

Q: How do I flash?
    Q: How do I restore my {fill in here} ROM?
    Q: How do I use ODIN?
    Q: How do I use Heimdall?
    A: Learn that before coming here.​

Links and References

Troubleshooting
    • Mobile, Data, 3G problems? This ROM comes with the JPZ modem. You might need to flash your customary modem back. Just copy your modem.bin to /radio in the Tab.
      Wrong MAC? Wrong IMEI? Try restoring files from /sdcard/backup/efs*/* to /efs/. If you don’t have a backup, then start over with FULL Restock, and next time save your backup/efs folders, which are created everytime you install CM10.1.
    • Market problems? Clear Google Services Framework data and reboot.
    • Multiple users is NOT supported by the OpenPDroid Patches.
    • Developer options: can’t find it? It’s hidden! Tap About tablet / Build number 7 times to unlock it.
    • No touch? That means you got the wrong kernel installed. A couple of builds had problems identifying the exact model. Just flash your kernel through recovery or heimdall / odin.
    • No boot? Stuck at the SAMSUNG logo? Flash the correct kernel using Download Mode using heimdall!
    • Deep Sleep not kicking in? Try wiping cLock’s data or freezing / removing it (com.cyanogenmod.lockclock).

Thanks To/Credits
    * humberos
    * cdesai
    * sbradymobile
    * storm31
    everyone involved! CyanogenMod peeps, TWRP peeps, Linux peeps, OpenSource peeps, Android peeps, XDA peeps...
    Dev-Host Downloads and Ads

Check out the image bellow and be carefull with all the ads around the real download button. They might float around and trick you into clicking them.
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused. I've never even noticed that was happening because I use a HOSTS mod for blocking those nasty ads and sugggest that everyone do too. Check it out in this site: Blocking unwanted connections
    UPDATE 20131104 - kernel humberos v1.52

Thanks @storm31 for your repo / manifest!
    Not to sound like a jerk, but why hasn't this been fixed yet?
    And with the current release of v4.4.x KitKat One is left to wonder if it ever WILL be fixed.
    Then again I wonder if anyone plans on hacking up a KitKat ROM for the P1000? Even though Google have stated that it should work on all Single Core Devices with 512Mb RAM (e.g. The P1000)...

Plan?? Think these guys plan? :D No plans, everybody is doing it.
    I hearby declare that I plan to try and build every Android version for the Tab for as long I have a Tab. :p
    I've been trying to build since I saw cdesai's post...

About the Kitkat hype on lowend devices (ksm, zram, optimized memroy management...) we've had those goodies for a while now on our CM builds and humberos' kernels. Lets see if it gets any smoother!

Btw, I'm enjoying the new launcher (search and install for just GoogleHome.apk) with the new Google Search (just update from the Market).

Cheers.